• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 1, 2020

    macOS Safari 14.0 tabs are a bit annoying. Only Favicons or titles can be chosen and not both. Sucks for finding tabs

    macOS Safari 14.0 tabs are a bit annoying. Only Favicons or titles can be chosen and not both. Sucks for finding tabs


    Safari 14.0 tabs are a bit annoying. Only Favicons or titles can be chosen and not both. Sucks for finding tabs

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    I’m in Catalina hell.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:56 AM PDT

    Has anyone had recent dramas with Catalina? I've got a 2019 IMac 27inch with 1Tb fusion drive. For some reason my Hard drive is saying full (it's not) and there's a weird new drive called "HD - data" that is full but you can't get to any of its files. My computer won't even turn on now. Prior to that, everything was crashing and photoshop and outlook wouldn't open. I can't update as it says Im out of space but no matter how much I delete, the space doesn't change. It's off to the repair shop tomorrow unless someone is super clever and can point me in the right direction! Only during the busiest craziest month of my life of course. 🤦‍♀️

    submitted by /u/adr000
    [link] [comments]

    macOS 11 beta 9.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    How many more until the GM? Anyone have a guess?

    submitted by /u/rileyweis
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:54 AM PDT

    Troubleshooting in MacOS

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Anyone have any good resources on how to troubleshoot issues on MacOS? On Windows you have the event viewer which is very helpful in tracking down the source of an issue. On Mac, there is the console, which is a little cryptic to me. The information cycles so fast, and nothing is retained past a day (I think) and the errors and crash reports are extremely cryptic. Many times I have machines that are running high cpu, fans blaring, however activity monitor does not tell you what is using up the resources. I have a powerful Mac barely responsive, and every action seriously delayed, but the cpu monitor is FLAT. I even tried iStat Menu and same thing.. when the Mac gets bogged down by something... nothing seems to report what is happening. It almost reminds me of the old system 9 days when if you clicked a menu open, the entire machine was "paused" where not even the time would update. How do people trouble shoot issues on MacOS efficiently, I am frustrated and really interested in learning more about this. Thank you

    submitted by /u/CallmeRoostercogburn
    [link] [comments]

    Time Machine Question

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    If I restore my system from just a couple days ago will all my backups from the last couple days be safe? To me this seems like a stupid question but I can't find an actual answer.

    Basically I accidentally removed a few system files on accident. Now a couple apps are not working properly or at all. My last resort is to just restore after hours of trying things and I think I've just made it worse.

    I have a few things I would like to restore from these last few days if I do a full restore. So will those all be safe?

    submitted by /u/BlueSkyla
    [link] [comments]

    Folder options for ALL folders

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:04 AM PDT

    Okay guys, I've wandered on the interwebz looking for a solution for longer than I like to admit and it's driving me completely bonkers.

    I want my folders - ALL MY FOLDERS - to have the exact same viewing properties.
    I want them in;
    - List view
    - Grouped by TYPE
    - Sorted by NAME

    Do I really have to do this for every folder individually? I tried everything, click use as defaults, tick the boxes always open in list view, browse in list view, etc. Whenever I enter a subfolder that I haven't visited yet, it's not grouped by type. It's driving me completely nuts.

    Does anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/dannyinformal
    [link] [comments]

    How much for release of BigSur?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:54 AM PDT

    Anyone have some update? Rumors? about the date of release

    submitted by /u/Fasooo6
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome is freezing ~20sec multiple times a day (MBPro 2015)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have two MacBookPro (Retina, 15", mid-2015), one operating with High Sierra, the other with Mojave.

    Both of them are expecting random Chrome freeze multiple times a day, for about ~20s each time. When this is happening, Chrome is the only running software affected.

    I cannot find any similar situation on the web, but that's happening on my two identical MBP.

    Did it happened to any of you? If so, do you have a solution? I'm getting mad at this.

    submitted by /u/JarlMarx
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring files to Android

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    Can you recommend an app for Mac OS Catalina to transfer files from Mac to Android?

    submitted by /u/VideoDuke
    [link] [comments]

    The Economist on Dock

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'd like to get the Economist as an app on my dock. I'm aware that it's not an actual application in the App Store so I'm wondering if there is a third party app that can be able to do this.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/beepboop232
    [link] [comments]

    Am I crazy? (Music app on Catalina)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    Hey folks! I just upgraded to Catalina on my 2015 Macbook Pro and everything was running great, except the Music app, which seems to be behaving a bit strangely. Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I've tried searching everywhere for a few of these but haven't found a single thing, somehow, which is making me think it could be a bug on my end.

    The main issue I'm noticing is that when adding songs to a playlist, I can't seem to drag and drop songs from Apple Music onto a playlist. I also can't right click and add multiple songs to a playlist. Is this normal behavior? It seems like a pretty horrible design oversight if a user has to manually right click -> add to playlist, one song at a time, every time.

    The second thing I've noticed is that when viewing an Apple Music playlist, there's only two fields displayed: the song title and the album title. There's no option to display the artist title instead. Seems a little odd to me.

    Finally, when adding songs to a playlist, it seems totally random as to whether the new songs are added to the top or the bottom of the playlist. I'm finnicky and like to sort my playlists alphabetically by artist, and since there also doesn't appear to be a sort function, this can be a little annoying since I have to scroll up and down while adding songs one-by-one.

    I'm not crazy – there's something wrong here, right? Or is this really how it's been designed to function? Again, my apologies if anything is unclear or if this is in the wrong place!

    submitted by /u/Guppywarlord
    [link] [comments]

    How to recover deleted mail after mailbox rebuild

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    I was trying to migrate mail to another computer as it has started to be slow and acting up, I did some backups from the old to the new iMac but many emails where missing on the new one, tried time machine, exporting the inbox I noticed the size of the .box was around 36kb and the mailbox on the old iMac had around 26,000 emails.

    I also tried copying Library/Mail/V7 mailboxes but keep receiving errors as a file with the name "?" was already there, if that was not enough Mail kept sending a black screen.

    At the end I tried rebuilding the mailbox on the old iMac and voila, I only have ayourd 300 emails left of the 26,000.

    Is there a way to recover those emails? I really need to recover them, or any clues where to look for them, tools, etc.

    I can't find any logic explanation than they might just were ghost mail. I can't make time back to undo that rebuild mailbox option. :'(

    I'm using macOS 10.15 Catalina

    submitted by /u/squidcruz
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard typing weird characters

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I'm using a MacBook Air (mid 2013) running Catalina 10.15.7. Whenever I shutdown or restart the computer all the characters I type appear to be some type of unicode. The only way to correct the typing until the next reboot is to toggle sticky keys on/off and then the keyboard starts typing correctly. I've pressed each key individually on the keyboard and it appears to be fine. I can't figure out why this is happening.

    submitted by /u/jpetrone
    [link] [comments]

    Firmware restore 1.4

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    I need to restore the firmware from my Mac pro 1.1 but Apple dicide to just leave the instructions and remove the software itself any for some miracle would have the file?

    submitted by /u/canchume2
    [link] [comments]

    How many spaces do you keep open on average and why?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Just curious to see how many people have in their workflows.

    At about 8 spaces open, I tend to see WindowServer taking up about 1.5GB as well of memory. What kind of performance are you getting?

    ✌️

    submitted by /u/Ludop0lis
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to disable Bluetooth and have it be really, actually, 100% completely off?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Macbook Air 2018, Catalina 10.15.7

    I have Bluetooth headphones I would like to keep paired with this Mac and another device. However, I'm only trying to use them with one device at a time, and (for troubleshooting purposes) I'm going the extra step of disabling Bluetooth on the inactive device. (On the Mac that means using the "Turn Bluetooth Off" button in System Preferences.)

    And yet, when the headphones are connected to the non-Mac device, and the Mac's Bluetooth is by all appearances disabled, pressing the Play/Pause button on the headphones is still often somehow able to launch the Mac's Music app!

    How is that possible? If turning off Bluetooth in System Preferences isn't enough to guarantee that Bluetooth is disabled, is there another way?

    (Note that I did look at the "Advanced" Bluetooth preferences and made sure to uncheck all three helper settings, just in case one of those was being too "helpful." I've also restarted since disabling the three settings and have un-paired/re-paired the headphones multiple times with no luck.)

    submitted by /u/everdred
    [link] [comments]

    Trackpad vs Mouse - Natural Scrolling

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I can't seem to set the trackpad for 'Natural' scrolling while the mouse is unchecked. That is to say they seem to mirror each others setting (if I check one, the other is checked and vice versa).

    Is having different scrolling behaviour not an option? I'm on a fully updated Macbook Pro 13 using a bluetooth mouse (I've tried both a magic mouse and a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tsull360
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple Fitness work on the imac?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    I see the new service listed as needing ipad,iphone or apple tv, but being as macos already has an apple tv app installed by default, does anyone know if fitness will work via that as long as you have a fitness subscription?

    I have looked around apples site but cant find any answers.

    My reason for asking is that i have a mac mini hooked up to my main tv, so that would be ideal.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hardt0fin1
    [link] [comments]

    Battery reminder/alerts app

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    Thanks for reading already, hope someone can help me.

    A friend showed me the other day his new Huawei Matebook and told me about an awesome battery feature to extend a little bit the battery life : an integrated app reminds you to connect the charger when the battery is at 30% and it automatically stops charging when it reaches 70%.

    I was curious if an app for MacOS exists. I suppose the functionality of stopping to charge when it reaches 70% is not possible, but an app that reminds to connect/disconnect the charger because my battery is already at 30%/70% would be really awesome.

    Does anybody know any?

    submitted by /u/letees
    [link] [comments]

    If you press Command+Shift+B in a browser, it will hide/show your bookmarks along the top.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    What does this mean? Trying to update to 10.13.6 high sierra on a mid 2011 mac

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Does anybody have a Big Sur Beta patcher for unsupported macs that doesn’t require a bootable Big Sur Drive? All the ones I’ve found need a device that runs Big Sur and I don’t have one.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    Auto searching the distance between zip codes

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    Apologies in advance if I am posting in the wrong thread but wasn't sure on the most appropriate location.

    I am looking for something to make searching real estate listings more efficient. Essentially I want to be able to quickly identify the distance from the zip code of the property I am viewing to a set but changeable zip code. The steps below are what I currently do to get the desired result and am hoping to find a solution where I right click on a zip code on Zillow, Redfin or wherever and there is an option in the menu that is something like "Distance from 60661"

    60661 is set as the default as it is what I use most often but is changeable if needed.

    Current steps:

    Right click zip code on Zillow

    Search google for zip code

    Click map on Google search results

    Click directions on Google map sheet

    Type 2nd zip code (60661)

    Search directions to get distance from Zip 1 to Zip 2

    Any assistance pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kmkent51
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel