• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    macOS No live coverage on Mojave 10.14.6?

    macOS No live coverage on Mojave 10.14.6?


    No live coverage on Mojave 10.14.6?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    My Top Homebrew Packages of 2020

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Hi r/MacOS,

    I'm a former MacOS SysAdmin, now Linux/DevOps Engineer but still enjoying following the Homebrew community.

    Thought I'd drop a line and share my new post on my top Homebrew packages of 2020 (it's actually a 2 part piece.)

    My Top Homebrew Packages for 2020 (Part 1)

    My Top Homebrew Packages for 2020 (Part 2)

    Curious what some of your favorite Homebrew packages might be, and if you aren't familiar with Homebrew, you should give it a shot!

    submitted by /u/patrick_simpson
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys, I hope you’re doing well. I installed camtwist months ago, but when I uninstalled it, the option to chose it was still available in FaceTime / zoom/ google Meet. Can you help me to delete it please

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    Downloading Mojave on Catalina

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Im new to the mac world so forgive my lack of knowledge, i was wondering how i could get a version of macOS pre 10.15 so as to run 32 bit applications. I saw that i could make an APFS which i assume works as a remote hard drive so as to run it. any help would be appreciated. thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/Jaw18
    [link] [comments]

    So strange that this cursor design seems to be one of the last things that uses an Aqua-esque design. Surprised that this has remained untouched, despite everything else in the OS going flat!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Flags in Mail are out of sort — unable to change

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    So I have been searching the internet endlessly for the answer of how to sort the flags in Mail. It used to be reasonable — Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple and Gray. All a perfectly logical assortment, where I would have Red renamed to "High Priority"; Orange to "Medium Priority"; and so on and so forth with my email assorting!

    Now, it's Orange, Red, Purple, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Gray. It's all over the place and there doesn't seem to be any way to re-assort them! I've looked everywhere for an answer, and no one has come up with one! My OCD just can't seem to get past this, and it's the only thing preventing me from having my email system perfect. Thanks to anyone who has a solution!!

    I HATE THIS!!!!

    submitted by /u/mrscripps858
    [link] [comments]

    Great Reminder/To-Do List App?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    I have an iMac, MacBook Air, and iPad. I use all three at some point of my day as a high school teacher.

    Online learning has become overwhelming and it's super difficult to keep track of everything I need to do. I tried a planner on my iPad, but it's only worthwhile for day-by-day events and I need something for all the little tasks for the day.

    I need some sort of Reminder/To-Do list app that syncs across my devices. Looking to get something really great, clean, and easy to use. What do you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/alpinecardinal
    [link] [comments]

    "Couldn't communicate with a helper application"

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    "Couldn't communicate with a helper application"

    Hey all. I'm trying to sync my iPad with my Mac through the finder, but I'm getting this message.

    https://preview.redd.it/wb4jltw25ur51.jpg?width=3654&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0c62cd4414b0669e36dc18a7a84a9cc0f9a5c8ea

    submitted by /u/Dragon2268
    [link] [comments]

    Tile window to left/right of screen no longer works

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    I used to use the built-in tile window to left/right of screen feature by hovering over the maximise button. I decided to try Rectangle but it wasn't for me so went back to the built-in way. However, since uninstalling Rectangle, the built-in way no longer works. I choose an option but nothing happens. Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/pupc
    [link] [comments]

    How can I change the format of all the dates in a text file ?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have exported all my WrittenDown.app in a .txt file and I'd like to import them into Day One.

    To do that, all my entries need to have such a format : Date: June 24, 2016 at 10:59:06 AM MDT

    Right now, they are in the following format : Date: 4 March 2012 at 00:26

    Is there a way to batch convert ? To find all the dates in the text and convert them to the right format ?

    submitted by /u/Unagi33
    [link] [comments]

    Unintentionally forced Mac to restart in recovery mode. Now, when it boots, it shows a black screen with a padlock and asks for the firmware (I'm assuming?) password. However, when I enter my password, it says that it is wrong. Any advice?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    To make a long story short, I was stupid & dug too deeply into 'Terminal' on my Mac, and ultimately ended up running a fatal command through the console. It was something along the lines of

    sudo nvram...? 

    Either way, the command I ran was supposed to reset my Mac's NVRAM through the terminal command-line. However, upon re-booting, I noticed that my Mac was asking for my firmware password. I entered my password, but it would not accept it, although I'm pretty sure it was correct). No matter what I've tried to do, I cannot get past this firmware padlock password screen. It appears my computer is just stuck booting in NVRAM, and something else probably got messed up along the way. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've already tried pretty much every beginner-level approach (through the 'Find My' app, recovering through Apple ID related methods, 3rd party software, etc). Is there a way I can connect my two MacBooks are somehow boot the damaged one through the functioning one?

    Please help.

    (Suggestions to go to the Apple Store will kindly be disregarded! Not willing to go ATM because of COVID-related reasons and other stuff, but willing to take that route if there's no other possible solution)

    submitted by /u/BrittCollins78
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Finder Tags?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm having some trouble with finder tags.

    1. It's often hard to add or remove finder tags, and especially hard to add them all in the right order. Especially when I need to tag many files in a folder but not all of them. I have experimented with Automator scripts, and can use them to add one tag, or to perform other actions and add 1 tag, but not to add any combination of 2 or 3 tags.

    2. It's sometimes hard to see multiple tags. I minimize this by using the same order whenever combining tags. (I use extreme monitor settings to try to minimize my migraine risks.)

    I mainly use tags to mark the source files when I've either (red tag) imported a copy into Calibre or (purple tag) gone over and added appropriate tags in Calibre. I also use tags to mark (gray tag) extra copies not imported or extra files not to import, (blue tag) copies of pdf files pre-processed for my Kindle, and (green, yellow) various other purposes. (I have not been able to use tablets.)

    I am thinking or removing all the tags except (red), (purple), and (gray) and then using better-contrasting colors for these. But even so I'd often have 2 tags applied to the same file.

    Has anyone else had to work with multiple tags per file? Any good solutions? Any way to avoid the excess clicks?

    submitted by /u/Ananiujitha
    [link] [comments]

    "Icon/r" file in every folder

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    I use IntelliJ and the folders I operate with are synced with Google Stream (fmr. GDrive). The is causing every single folder to have an Icon file ("Icon/r"). I'm not sure if there is a way to get rid of this behavior and keep using Gdrive?

    submitted by /u/blackrose717
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to add/sync Audiobooks on my Mac to my iPhone using iCloud?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Can't seem to find anything on this...

    submitted by /u/kvpop
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Icon Compilation

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    I've decided to make a compilation of all the Mac OS Big Sur icons I've been able to find on this sub. This is just for anyone looking for Big Sur icons and are either unable to update to the beta or are just interested in the icons.

    I take no credit for any of these icons and full credit is to the previous people who originally posted and created these icons through countless hours of work. Thank you for your contributions to the community.

    Some of the icons are the actual Big Sur icons some are created icons to match the Big Sur theme. Please also feel free to post any links if you know anywhere else to find more icons as well.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsrfgc9unadvwst/Big%20Sur%20Compilation.zip?dl=0

    submitted by /u/EmotionalNebula5596
    [link] [comments]

    How to use Catalina window snapping feature?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    I keep reading about a window snapping feature in Catalina but I cannot for the life of me get it to work.

    From https://www.hellotech.com/blog/the-best-features-macos-catalina:

    All you have to do is drag an app to one side of the screen. When you see a transparent box fill that side of the screen, release the mouse, and the window will resize itself. If you push the app against the right or left side of your screen, the window will fill up that half of the screen.

    ...

    You can also drag an app to any corner to make the window fill a quarter of the screen. Or you can drag an app against the top of your screen to fill the screen with that window. Finally, you can drag a window to the bottom of your screen to make the window fill the center of your screen.

    From https://www.maketecheasier.com/snap-split-screen-windows-macos/:

    Entering snap mode is very straightforward. All you have to do is click and drag any open window to one of the four sides or four corners of your display. Once a translucent box appears, release the mouse button. The window will now automatically snap into position.

    No matter what I do, I cannot get this to happen. No translucent box, no snapping.

    Is there some setting I have to have enabled?

    submitted by /u/imthenachoman
    [link] [comments]

    How can I bring back the old fullscreen mode?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    I recently got a MacBook Air, and love it, but I have seen the old fullscreen mode and like it better Than the fully-fullscreen mode that most apps use now? Is there any way I can get this back for free?

    submitted by /u/handleythecodernerd
    [link] [comments]

    Hi everyone! I created blog where I write about using technology, specifically Apple products from a blind user perspective(Previously sighted user).Last post is about "If you could choose one iOS app to run on your Mac". So if its sounds interesting, check out my [blog:

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Is it time for me to replace the battery? My unit has apple care +

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Time Machine Question

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    I remember there being a known issue with using time machine to a NAS like a Synology. Is this still the case? Anyone doing this right now with no issues?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/CallmeRoostercogburn
    [link] [comments]

    Safari 14 on mac not loading some pages, but does in privacy mode.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:48 PM PDT

    As above, after safari update on my mac, some pages won't load, and there appears a page with text "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.
    Your support ID is:..."
    The support ID is different every time I reload the page. Tried opening the page in privacy mode and it opened normally. Clearing all websites data etc. didn't do anything. Checked all privacy settings or anything what could block a page - nothing worked.
    Any ideas what could cause the problem and how to solve it?

    submitted by /u/szybie93
    [link] [comments]

    A startup disk keeps appearing on the desktop

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    As the title says, a startup disk keeps showing up on my desktop for an unknown reason. It's named "Macintosh HD - Data" and whenever I click eject, it goes away without a problem, but comes back within a couple days. Is there an effective solution to this?

    submitted by /u/Blobert1747
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my iMac not shutting down overnight?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Recently my computer is not shutting down overnight although it is set to Shutdown. Someone said this problem was solved by setting Computer to Never Sleep but that option is not available any more. I can set display never to turn off but that is all.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ComplexSun
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel