• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    macOS Is Apple ever going to update the device breakpoints in the responsive design developer tools?

    macOS Is Apple ever going to update the device breakpoints in the responsive design developer tools?


    Is Apple ever going to update the device breakpoints in the responsive design developer tools?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Why does this happen

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Can I customize finder windows position?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    Can not log in to file sharing as a particular user

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Hey hey people,

    I'm working remotely from home and I've got my workplace's iMac set up in another room, serving as a storage and video render, since my macbook I am working on is too weak to do the heavy lifting.

    To control it I am using screen sharing - not the best since apparently you can not send audio through it, but works well enough.

    To send files between the devices, I am using file sharing. The thing is, I can not log in as "main" or first user of the computer whatever I do - I had to create a second user just to be able to log in at all. It does not matter if the user is logged in or out or another user is logged in - it just won't let me access. This is true only for file sharing - I can log in as first user to screen sharing no problem.

    Am I doing something wrong? File sharing for both users is configured exactly the same - one works, second one does not, at all. iMac is running High Sierra, my macbook is on Mojave.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/gachigaming
    [link] [comments]

    ‘File is damaged and can’t be opened’. I just updated my iOS to Catalina and I had a couple of these messages pop up. I have been able to locate the rest of them in ‘Finder’ and move them to trash but this one cannot even be found in ‘Finder’ and is repeatedly popping up. Please help.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    How to transmit file over local internet macOS -> Windows

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    The once built-in FTP (even if really insecure) would have made it easy, but now they've removed it and I can't get anything to work.

    For some reason SMB seems to give me a lot of problems.

    EDIT: Thanks for all your suggestions. I tried to get SCP to work and disabling "Optimize connection buffer size" did the trick, I now transfer at over 15MB/s.

    submitted by /u/ApertureNext
    [link] [comments]

    Almost 50gbs of "purgeable"

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Almost 50gbs of "purgeable"

    https://preview.redd.it/u9pte6zpzjv51.jpg?width=606&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=86ccb38a1af455592844c9607c1a44f182874768

    I was trying to clear up some space in my mac when I spotted that System Information and OmniDiskSweeper gave me different reports of free space. So I clicked on "get info" from my finder and found out that I have 90gb of free storage but 50gb of it is "purgeable".

    Is there any safe way to clear this "purgeable" files?

    submitted by /u/luneduck
    [link] [comments]

    Single user mode problem

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    Hello i have a huge problem After i entered single user mode, it doesn't let me type (the codes kept showing and it doesn't stop) Does anyone know whats the problem?

    submitted by /u/idkwhoiam13579
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I try to view any video on safari, the touch bar functions which can play/pause and skim the video suddenly disappear. The function to open a new tab disappeared too. Can anyone help me with it?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    Is there a way to "lock" playback speed on QuickTime player after hitting pause?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    In QuickTime player when I put the playback speed on 1,5 or 1,6 for example, is there a way that the playback speed would remain the same after I pause it? Currently every time I press pause, the playback speed goes back to normal. Would there be a way to "lock" the playback speed to the one I set earlier even if I pause?

    submitted by /u/yifanuses
    [link] [comments]

    My iMac has a black screen when booting into recovery mode!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Hi, hoping someone will be able to help me.

    When I start my mac normally, the screen will stay black for a minute then show the login screen and perform normaly. When I try to start my mac into the boot drive manager the screen will stay black and nothing will happen. To try and fix this I booted my mac into the recovery mode, unfortunately the screen stayed black and nothing happened. The next step I tried was to boot into the internet recovery mode but the screen stayed black and nothing happened. Does someone know why this is happening and how to fix it? I just need to get to the recovery mode then I can use the first aid tool or reinstall macOS. Please help!

    submitted by /u/LeoNerv221
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use automator to automatically download songs to my Mac when I add them to a specific playlist in AM?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    I can't figure it out

    submitted by /u/zug_42
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2011

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have recently got a MacBook Air 2011 from a friend, so it has lion on it at the moment but im wanting to upgrade it to high sierra, to do this i need to install El Capitan firs then go to high sierra, When trying to install El Cap it just comes up with missing components and wont install it and bricks so i have had to revert back to lion, What am i doing wrong? Any help is very much appreciated

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/hydronated
    [link] [comments]

    is there a way to backup the current state of my Mac such as all the apps installed, but wipe out all changes that are done such as different versions of python, node etc that were installed through command line + various files/data in other folders?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    i've been playing around with machine learning and web dev this summer and as a result of installing many packages, there's quite a bit of conflicts between different versions of python, compilers, etc.

    I want to completely restore my mac to its default state and wipe out all the different versions of python, compilters from the terminal but at the same time retain all the Applications i have installed so i don't have to go back and manually redownload everything.

    is there a way to do this?

    other practices you guys can suggest to avoid issues like this in the future?

    submitted by /u/V3Qn117x0UFQ
    [link] [comments]

    Server search vs. Spotlight - how are files on remote servers indexed?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    I wish I could let this problem go...

    I use file tags as part of my workflow to show what step documents are currently in. This works well for files stored locally or on a NAS shared by a few users. When I add comments to the files via the 'Get Info' command, the comments are searchable if the files are stored locally, but not if they're stored on the NAS, even though the comments are visible using 'Get Info'.

    Is searching / indexing file comments on remote files possible?

    When I use mdutil -s /remote_volume_name the response is Server Search Enabled. Local volumes respond with Indexing Enabled. Attempting to enable Spotlight indexing of remote volumes fails with Error: unable to perform operation. (-403).

    The NAS is question is a Synology DS2419+, but I see the same behavior with Windows servers too. Has anyone been able to perform this type of searching on remote files?

    submitted by /u/BR_hotdawg
    [link] [comments]

    Issues watching Netflix and YouTube

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    So I just got a MacBook Pro 2020 and I set everything up updated to the latest update etc. My issue is when I'm watching Netflix on Safari it plays for a bit then freezes and crashes and reloads. When I try to watch some videos on YouTube mainly old movies(I'm talking black and white) The picture breaks up and it stutters. I don't want to use chrome for Netflix bc it drains the battery so badly The one other question is is it normal for it to shut itself down once in a while? I was watching Netflix and it crashed and restarted is that normal? It was pretty warm but I know MacBooks get warm/hot but I'm just not sure if that's normal. I've never owned a MacBook before and I'm not super knowledgable about all this so any help is appreciated

    The one other thing is I've been using nordvpn, I'm in the uk and have been using it to watch American Netflix I'm not sure if that could be a part of it?

    submitted by /u/Caraa99
    [link] [comments]

    Installing g++?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Sorry if this is the wrong subreddit, I thought about posting in a programming subreddit but figured since this is specific to MacOS it would be ok...

    So, I am a long time windows user and after lots of problems with windows machines—mostly the hardware, I love the OS—I decided to buy a MacBook Pro to replace my laptop that just took a dump.

    I am currently a university student and one of my classes requires us to use g++ to compile our C++ programs.

    I've read about many different ways of installing g++ but the two main ones I came up with was using brew (though I've seen a few mentions that say this is an "intrusive" method?) and the other one says to simply type g++ into the terminal and follow the prompts. The latter is throwing me off because a majority of people recommend using brew, which is weird because the g++ method seems so simple.

    My question is what method is best for installing g++ on MacOS?

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/Holyshieeeeeeeeet
    [link] [comments]

    Video compression

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Hey guys what is actually the easiest and cheapest way to compress 16 gb HEVC videos to >2 gb?

    submitted by /u/shade_fff
    [link] [comments]

    Opening shared numbers file - recipient email is not icloud email.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    My macbook is logged into my icloud under email A.

    Someone sent me a shared number sheet, but it's to email B (which I'm using for my mac mail app).

    When I go to open the file a window pops up and says - John Doe shared this spreadsheet. We'll send you an email to verify that you're allowed to open it.

    When I click send email, it says The email address "email B" is already used by another Apple ID. Sign in to iCloud with that Apple ID and try again.

    I did have an icloud account with email B, but I shut it down recently and received and email the other day confirming it was now closed.

    Can I only open the shared sheet if it's sent to my icloud email?

    submitted by /u/oblongmeatball
    [link] [comments]

    Free screen managers for macOS

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    which screen manager app do you use for your macOS device?

    I have been using Spectacle for quite some time but now i want to switch to a different one. any suggestions??

    submitted by /u/Wrangler2587
    [link] [comments]

    What is the latest OS I can install on A1398?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I have googled and it says I can install Catalina on A1398, however, it seems that it's impossible. The current os is OS X 10.8.5

    submitted by /u/UaEe
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with sound: MBP 15” Retina HD (Mid 2014)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    I have a 2014 15" Retina MBP and sometimes the sound just doesnt work unless I restart the mac. I had this issue on Mojave and it still continues on Catalina. It works for a few days and then the sound goes out again until I restart it.

    Any idea on what the issue can be? Sound also does not work when earphones are plugged in.

    submitted by /u/kunafaa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel