• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    Apple TV Saw this on the ESPN app. I can’t get my remote near it. Does anybody know what this icon is?

    Apple TV Saw this on the ESPN app. I can’t get my remote near it. Does anybody know what this icon is?


    Saw this on the ESPN app. I can’t get my remote near it. Does anybody know what this icon is?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    1 year free trial after buying a second device

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    How can I extend my first 1 year free trial to Apple TV+ after buying another device? My first free year ends next February, but I got another device recently.

    submitted by /u/RatinSweet
    [link] [comments]

    For PC AMD users, AMD Link on ATV is leagues ahead of SteamLink, Rainway...Etc AMD Link app is now my ATV perfect companion.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    I recently had my whole home hooked up to Ethernet (LAN), and so I took my gaming machine and said that it's time I try to game remotely over my Apple TV 4k. Should be easy since I have all the hardware up to spec and both hooked up to wired connection, right?

    Boy was I wrong; gaming was nigh impossible with the Steam link app, crashes if you change the settings from the desktop Steam app. With fps/connection, and lagging are a constant pain that you've to deal with and the dreadful "slow convert" message that haunts you for days!

    It wasn't until much later that, in despair, I stumbled on a post from 2019 on this sub taking about AMD Link, going to be released, but nothing more than that.

    I'm here to guarantee you that AMD Link with ATV has an almost SEAMLESS experience when gaming. Especially with HEVC X265 encoding, and maxing out the bitrate, a feast for the eyes when you're running your games on ultra. My only gripe with the whole thing is that I can't run my TV screen's native 4k resolution option with HEVC X265, it would just give you a black screen.I presume I need to up my PC res to 4k first for it to work, unsure

    I could use AVC for 4k, but in my situation, I get more "connection" drops and overall less stability when using AVC encoding.

    Hope you find this helpful as I wish I would've known about this earlier.

    Cheers 🍻

    Pro tip:

    1- When streaming games with AMD Link press the ⏯️ on your ATV remote for a quick change in your streaming settings. Super useful when troubleshooting.

    2- You'd inevitably get a connection drop, or your audio starts crackling after a few hours, just press the home button (ATV remote), this makes you exit the stream, and click on resume stream button, and this will solve the problem.

    submitted by /u/Demigod787
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Remote Question

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    So up until a few months ago you used to be able to press and hold on the Play/Pause button on your apple tv remote to automatically change the volume output, turn the system off, switch to dark mode, etc..... that is not the case anymore on my Apple TV..... any shortcuts to changing my output to my Airpods now or do I need to keep going to settings>devices>bluetooth, etc.....

    Really missing that shortcut!!

    submitted by /u/Jdepolo
    [link] [comments]

    Is my Siri remote broken?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    I noticed that my Siri remote and my Apple TV 4K don't work well together. When swiping through menu's it feels that the cursor/focus thing on screens is a bit sticky. So when swiping off an item it is hard to get off, but once I am off it goes multiple items to far. Does this make sense? 🤣

    My trackpad speed is medium, I rebooted the Apple TV, charged the remote (30 minutes) and also pressed menu+volume up near the Apple TV to reset the remote. Nothing seems to work. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/iAmRenzo
    [link] [comments]

    Hello everyone I’m wondering if I get my kid a Apple TV will be able to sign in with her own Apple ID and be able to see my purchases...I have her in my shared family

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Too bad this isn’t supported...

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    Share Movies on 2 Countries?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    I have 2 iTunes accounts one in Mexico and one in the United States. These accounts are in the same family.

    Someone knows if I buy a movie in Mexico, can I see it on the US account?

    submitted by /u/AgustinDG
    [link] [comments]

    Error watching downloaded movies ...

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    Cannot connect to App Store

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    This morning the ATV says "Cannot Connect to App Store" when checking for any updates to a couple of apps.

    I reset ATV. No luck.

    I logged out of App Store, then back in. No luck.

    I checked and TVOS is latest.

    Any other suggestions on how to fix?

    TIA.

    submitted by /u/tjcanno
    [link] [comments]

    5.1 suddenly stopped working

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    As of a couple weeks ago my ATV 4th gen suddenly stopped sending audio to my rear channels and subwoofer. The rear now comes out of the front left and right, and all the other frontal audio works normally. This, after nothing changed on my end.

    We watched half of the Big Lebowski one week with audio working normally, then the following week it was strangely quiet. Upon further investigation Netflix was sending the rear channels audio to the front, and nothing to the sub. This proved true in YouTube as well.

    I messed with the audio settings in the ATV, auto, 5.1, stereo; no effect.

    Googling found people struggling with this kind of behaviour in the past, usually due to something breaking with an update. The ATV OS was still 13.x.x, so I updated to 14.2; no change. Restoring and updating the ATV also had no effect.

    Other devices in connected to the receiver work properly, and when I switched HDMI inputs nothing changed (ATV still doesn't work, other devices still do). So it's not the receiver. Switched cables too, same result.

    Has anyone else had this sudden problem recently? Could this be a hardware issue?

    Thx in advance for any advice.

    submitted by /u/JayHoosifat
    [link] [comments]

    Do any game controllers use accelerometers for racing games?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    My kids are enjoying using our Apple TV to play racing games (especially beach buggy racing), but we only have the Siri controller so we play one at a time. Do any of the other game controllers have accelerometers that can be used in these games so they can play against one another?

    I saw that the dualshock 4 has an accelerometer but I can't find any info on if it's usable to play a racing game or you have to use the joysticks to control the car. Does anyone have any experience with this?

    submitted by /u/dataguy18
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Apple TV won’t let me connect to wifi..

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    AppleTV+ Autoplay - can we turn it off?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    Seems like the question comes up in various forms once in a while, but I'm not finding an answer. Specifically, when an episode of an AppleTV+ show ends and the credits start rolling, a very brief autoplay countdown timer starts after which the next episode will start. I very much never want to immediate watch the next episode so I'd like to turn this "feature" off.

    I searched the menus and the manual and of course the internet and could not find where the setting is hidden, if if exists.

    Help! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/marmotBreath
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to send current YouTube videos to another device (e.g., AppleTV (3G & 4K), iDevices, etc.?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    I don't see any options to do that in YouTube's apps.

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering.

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby vision all the time?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    Can you make the ATV only turn on Dolby vision when the content supports it? It seems like it is on all the time, even when watching 480p content.

    submitted by /u/Uniblab_78
    [link] [comments]

    Watch live TV for free on Apple TV

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Hi I recently got an Apple TV box and I'm looking for a free app (or cheap) to stream USA Network and Fox to watch weekly WWE shows. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in Ireland so I don't get every app here

    submitted by /u/dooeymahone
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5S as a remote to ATV3

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Anyone knows if it is possible?

    I'm trying to do it but it just doesn't find the ATV to pair with.

    Any help will be great since this is for my father and it would help him a lot.

    Both devices have the latest software updates wich for iPhone 5S is iOS12.

    submitted by /u/rossimeister
    [link] [comments]

    Optical out issue

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Thanks to this group, I solved my LG / APPLETV ON/OFF problem, But now a new issue with optical output. I and my wife use Bluetooth hearing phones and I have always used a simple splitter to hers and my transmitters.

    Some some reason the optical out is not strong enough to get thru the splitter. It work fine with a direct connect to either transmitter, but not thru the splitter.

    Is the a volume like control for the optical out?

    submitted by /u/lhemmerich
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung Q80T Dolby Vision Glitch on Netflix?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    I apologize if this has been touched on but I had a hard time finding an answer to this question. I recently purchased a Samsung Q80T (no Dolby vision) and I noticed that the Netflix app keeps showing content with the Dolby vision next to it on Apple TV instead of HDR like in my roku device.

    Is there a way to get Netflix to show HDR on the Apple TV app instead of Dolby vision as my TV don't not support Dolby vision? I've read by some that it causes the tv to show darker duller colors on the Apple TV Netflix app because of it. I love the Apple TV but I hate the idea of getting a poorer result using it for Netflix.

    Any idea of what is going on here and how to fix it. Should I even been concerned with it to begin with? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/papa8706
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel