• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    iPhone Designed and printed a MagSafe dock for my new iphone and loving it! (thingiverse link in comments)

    iPhone Designed and printed a MagSafe dock for my new iphone and loving it! (thingiverse link in comments)


    Designed and printed a MagSafe dock for my new iphone and loving it! (thingiverse link in comments)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    UK to ban sale of carrier-locked phones from December 2021

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    PSA: To anyone that bought an ESR clear case

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    I just had an email from the manufacturer of the ESR clear case that I bought for iPhone 12

    Thank you for purchasing the ESR Project Zero Clear Case for iPhone 12/12 Pro.

    Due to a manufacturing issue, you may find the case does not fit properly. If so please contact us. We will arrange to replace it with one of our other cases or issue you a full refund. You will not have to send the case back to us.

    We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email.

    submitted by /u/Mr-Arcanum
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Lineup Enables Personal Hotspot Over Faster 5GHz Wi-Fi

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    PSA: If you aren’t getting short code SMS texts on your new iPhone 12

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    I got my 12 pro straight from Apple with an ATT SIM card. When I activated it, I was not receiving short code SMS messages so I couldn't sign in to several apps as I wasn't getting the verification texts. This was very frustrating as nothing online or in Reddit had a working solution and some said even ATT couldn't help.

    I went to the ATT store and and they changed the SIM card and it is fine now. Took 5 mins. The rep said he has seen several of these in just two days. Hope this saves you some headaches of trying to fix it yourself!

    submitted by /u/Whats_a_red_it
    [link] [comments]

    People are reporting their iPhone 12 Pros are overheating

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    MagSafe Charger Only Charges at Full 15W Speeds With Apple's 20W Power Adapter

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    FYI, the new Anker Nano supports 9V@2.2A, which Apple’s new 20W charger has to support MagSafe fast charging

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Widespread reports of iPhone 12/12pro having cellular connection Issues

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    iPhone 12 Pro Max - Weight

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    I know there have been numerous posts on screen size, but not a ton discussed about weight.

    I am coming from a Pixel 3 XL, which is very similar in physical size to the 11 Pro Max and 12 Pro Max, however, is lighter.

    I've been using the 12 Pro for a few days now, and I miss the larger screen. I was comfortable using my last one one handed, and never once thought about the weight (as its the lightest in the list below).

    My 14 day return window ends on the pre order date of the 12 Pro Max (11/6).

    How significant is 228 grams vs 184 grams going to feel in day to day use?

    That's about a ~24% increase in weight. How is the weight for everyone carrying an 11 Pro Max?

    • 12 Pro Max - 228 g (8.04 oz)
    • 11 Pro Max - 226 g (7.97 oz)
    • 12 Pro - 189 g (6.67 oz)
    • Pixel 3 XL - 184 g (6.49 oz)
    submitted by /u/epg0
    [link] [comments]

    Apple hit a billion iPhones last month, says reliable analyst

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    This Company Is A Meme

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    First year not buying the iPhone since a long time. Quick thoughts on my personal consumerism.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I want to say that price is not something that matters much when buying an iPhone for me. This is about consumerism.

    The need to always upgrade something for minimal improvement has made me realise how I've spent 10s of thousands on the dumbest shit ever. (From phones to cars, etc).

    Constantly consuming, whether that's information overload or product purchasing leads to constant dissatisfaction, whether positive or not, because you always feel everything you have or know is inadequate.

    Covid has given me the time to reflect on these things and the effect of being a blind consumer has on you. I used to say "fuck it" and hit purchase on iPhones for the longest time now.

    Seeing people convince themselves to join the apple upgrade plan; I dunno, do what you want this is just me realising the consumerism part of me stops in 2020. Now I focus on maximum utility with what I have.

    I've switched to putting money in cash producing assets or simply just not buying shit I don't really need. I have an 11 pro max. What am I even going to do with the 12 right now anyway? Take a pic of my bedroom? Use 5g in my kitchen? Covid is just another reason to not get the 12 if you have a working phone right now.

    Just some quick thoughts I wanted to get out. Maybe others feel the same way too.

    submitted by /u/uzumakithegod
    [link] [comments]

    The fact that the MagSafe can’t work on Apple Watch is baffling

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Is there a side by side comparison of Dolby vision HDR vs SDR that was shot on iPhone 12?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 03:53 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone x so I should be able to see the video in HDR, I just cannot find a comparison anywhere. Everyone shows HDR Dolby videos but nobody did a comparison?

    submitted by /u/Stainless-Bacon
    [link] [comments]

    Apple will raise App Store prices in Brazil, Colombia, India, Indonesia, Russia, and South Africa

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    Battery case for iPhone 12 / 12 mini?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    Anyone see anything that's available yet or advice on what will be available and when? I am a heavy user and need a battery case.

    submitted by /u/dupontcircle
    [link] [comments]

    IPhone 12 BEND TEST

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 02:16 AM PDT

    UPS lost my iPhone 12 Pro - Advice?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:09 PM PDT

    I woke up at 5am to pre-order the iPhone 12 Pro through the Apple iPhone upgrade program on release day last week.

    Long story short, it was due for delivery on October 23, but never went onto a truck to be "out for delivery" via UPS. It has stayed "in transit" at a local hub facility.

    After checking with UPS, they have indeed lost the package, and have opened an "investigation" which due to COVID may take 14 days.

    Apple too has opened an investigation, which due to COVID may take up to 7-10 days.

    Apple refuses to allow me to cancel the order, nor return the item if it shows up, nor send me a replacement, nor let me go the local Apple retail store to pick one up instead despite their being in stock. My only option according to Apple is to wait for their investigations to complete, at which time they could refund me or ship me a new one. I'm thinking this could take upwards of 3-4 weeks, being generous.

    Do you think I have any additional options besides waiting I could exercise here?

    Thanks for the advice!

    submitted by /u/streetfauxtography
    [link] [comments]

    For everyone who is experiencing issues with their Base Station Pro and the iPhone 12

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:07 AM PDT

    Thanks for reaching out about Base Station Pro and your new iPhone. Whenever a new product comes to market there are inevitably new challenges that come with it. Luckily, Base Station Pro features firmware updates and we're working hard to provide you with one. Aira's engineers have identified the root cause of the compatibility issue that you're experiencing and expect to have a firmware update within the next week or two.

    submitted by /u/bluefisch200
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 battery drain?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    I'm loving the new iPhone however coming from the 11 I'm experiencing severe battery drain and I'm wondering whether I have a faulty battery or not. The battery drains super fast on normal use and overnight it usually loses about 30% on standby. I know the battery capacity was reduced but even then I didn't imagine it was going to be this bad. My iPhone 11 got to 89% battery health and even that never got to this stage. Anyone else have similar experiences?

    submitted by /u/fpobl67
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel