• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 27, 2020

    iPad What do you think of this rumored 15” iPad? Personally, I’m gonna start saving money for it.

    iPad What do you think of this rumored 15” iPad? Personally, I’m gonna start saving money for it.


    What do you think of this rumored 15” iPad? Personally, I’m gonna start saving money for it.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Got my Pitaka iPad Pro case today. Fits really good!

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:06 AM PDT

    A student's thoughts on and colour comparison of iPad Air 4 (Rose Gold) vs. MacBook Air 2020 (Gold) + Handwriting sample with the Apple Pencil

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Read the bolded for TL;DR

    Use case: I'm a Laws and Science student, a freelance professional writer and I also work as a notetaker at my university. I like writing digitally and reading off tablet screens.

    Colour comparison; sisters, not twins 👯

    https://imgur.com/a/uYwIU4F

    Posting this colour comparison because that's what I would have liked to see before buying the iPad Air 4 -- I like my devices to be matchy-matchy. The pictures and this lighting (kitchen, white artificial lights) make the MBA look a LOT more Gold than it does in real life, it's so much rosier in natural light.

    Air 4 is pinker in real life too. I'll take some pictures in direct sunlight and update that imgur link. I got home from work at night so I couldn't today. I might put the two devices next to a PANTONE swatch to gauge how good the colour representation really is.

    On Picture 3, I put on an Instagram filter called 'Rosé', it is the most accurate picture in this photoset of what they look like + how different they look from each other in real life. Initially, I was very disappointed that Apple refused to unify its Gold colours for the new Air. Like... to my knowledge, there's a true yellow gold (first gold iPads), a true Rose Gold (the iPad Air 4, the Rose Gold iPhone 6) and then the mixed 'Gold' which is a blend of Rose Gold and Gold Gold (2019 and 2020 MacBook Airs). PICK ONE. It's like that Reddit post from 5 years ago comparing 'Space Greys' which had 4 different tones lmao. But they are very, very similar in real life.

    Overall, the colours are definitely different, but they are only slightly different when put next to each other. I almost wish the iPad Air was pinker, but I do not regret going for this colour over Sky Blue. This hue is definitely the one for me.

    My Thoughts

    I'm not a tech YouTuber who knows the performance ins and outs of the iPad Air 4, but I can safely say that I**'m damn impressed with this device**.

    I bought the Air 4 for $829 AUD Education pricing as I'm a uni student + staff. Pencil was still $189 AUD from $199, not much of a discount but I'll take it. Dad said he bought me the Gen 1 iPad (10th birthday present! and now I got myself one for my 20th birthday) for $650 AUD which is $778.68 AUD in 2019 dollars, according to the Reserve Bank of Australia's inflation calculator.

    I preordered on the 16th Oct, orders opened at 11PM. Finished my order by 11:10PM AEDT. The device would have been delivered on the 23rd Oct but it was a public holiday for us and then the weekend, so Monday the 26th, when it arrived for me was the earliest Melbournians probably could have received it. All of our Apple stores are shut.

    When I picked it up, the first thing I noticed was how light it was. My previous and only iPad experience was the iPad 1st Gen which I remember being fairly heavy. Might dig it out of storage and compare the two lol but it's so cool to see how far Apple has come since the original release in 2010.

    Writing with Apple Pencil and GoodNotes 5 and OneNote is amazing. I went from the Surface Pen and a Surface Pro 4, writing on OneNote and thinking that was nice. That was nothing compared to how smooth and buttery, easy and stress-free the Pencil is with this iPad. I haven't tested out GoodNotes very much yet, but these are revision notes I did today for my Pharmacology elective on OneNote.

    My handwriting sample: https://imgur.com/a/UzyvpXg

    And what the f***? I opened my MacBook to try and see how Sidecar worked, thinking there would be a painful pairing process but in my top taskbar, my iPad and MacBook had ALREADY COMMUNICATED through AirPlay without me asking it to DO ANYTHING. I'm astounded. I didn't even have to click the AirPlay icon and select my iPad, the icon had turned itself into an iPad and I clicked that little icon and it paired immediately.

    I've been an intentional Android + Windows user for 10 years, but I'm saying bye-bye to Windows completely because of this device (replacing a Surface Pro 4). I didn't fully appreciate the Apple ecosystem with just the MBA but watching how the iPad and MBA talk is like magic.

    Closing

    • USB-C. <3.
    • very expensive for the amount of money I earn when I can only work a limited amount of hours around Law school, but I can already tell it's going to be so worth it. I have a looooot of trouble reading my readings off a MacBook/computer screen (disability) -- can't wait to just read all of my things on the iPad instead of printing them out!
    • need to get a matte screen protector ASAP... as soon as I can find one in Australia. I don't enjoy the bare glass (never have). It feels kind of sticky on my fingers when I drag them across the screen. Lots of fingerprints too. It's probably just my fingers lol because I keep my hands moisturised all the time.

    Very happy overall.

    submitted by /u/allevana
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 11 (2nd gen) vs iPad Air 4 amateur screen test

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    iPad Pro 11 (2nd gen) vs iPad Air 4 amateur screen test

    I know this is obvious. But I had both iPads at the moment so I decided to put them side by side to see what they look like. I went inside a dark room and increased screen brightness to 100 on both. Downloaded some images of different colors and kept the tablets side by side. iPad Pro definitely looked more vibrant and obviously more bright. I reduced the brightness on pro to match air and they looked similar for solid colors. Where the difference seemed to show up was in black image.

    iPad Pro has some weird reddish tint at the corners. Not very visible to naked eyes, but phone camera picks it up.

    iPad Air shows some display light leak. But it is not very noticeable to naked eye. It is only noticeable while watching black image

    Just looking at images, I couldn't tell if there was too much of a difference. They looked similar. The difference was very obvious while playing something on Netflix, side by side. iPad Pro looked sharper, vibrant, contrasty overall better. iPad Air looked kinda washed out.

    In each image, top half is iPad Air, bottom half is the iPad Pro.

    https://preview.redd.it/84d9oprc3ov51.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d24744c26f496ac3940c73900617d906d3c05ff5

    https://preview.redd.it/cwjyxrrc3ov51.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=43039a31d36a5ec10be157b8cdfb2603828df7e7

    https://preview.redd.it/12680rrc3ov51.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9e94a1996b9f7ef260d4a356e377ec88ad913a70

    https://preview.redd.it/vn5otsrc3ov51.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=96781baacb60affbbbef1f89af39e5bf5d71b21e

    https://preview.redd.it/7bkxksrc3ov51.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b50a5e18c26f2e6183b1090e5d84aa9996100e05

    https://preview.redd.it/gfd9gwrc3ov51.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e6674d18d4686eb8154a09ccc5d4e448521049f0

    On the left is iPad Pro and right air.

    submitted by /u/AgniHamsa
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know if it's already posted but today I found out that 1st gen Apple Pencil also stick to the iPad 8th Gen. (to the smart connector side)

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    How much storage have you got on your iPad?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I've been thinking about buying an iPad Air and was wondering how much storage you guys got. For comparison I would use it only for note taking and nothing else.

    submitted by /u/sandro0804
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil + Scribble + Word

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Hi, I tried searching on this /r/ipad and found a lot about scribble, but not about using scribble on other apps that are not notes / iOS general functions (like searching, etc...) so here I go...

    Is Word on the iPad (or excel/ppt/etc) work well with scribble? I'm thinking on getting an apple pencil for my iPad (would be pencil 1st gen) but since I will mostly be using it to take notes into the documents for my university course (pdf, word, excel) I want to know first if it'll work or if i'll end up not using it because word won't recognise what I write.

    Thanks in advance fellow community.

    submitted by /u/main1984
    [link] [comments]

    New iPad Air 4th Generation

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Has anyone here gotten and iPad Air 4th get yet? If so, is this thing seemingly more sturdy than the pro's? Im thinking about buying one of the two and know that the pro's aren't super sturdy. I don't need people replying "dOnT pUT It in YoUr pOCkeT." I just want to know if anyone has had issues with it bending out of box and if they just overall feel sturdier. If it has the same issues, I will probably just get a pro but if its sturdy, I'll take the air any day.

    submitted by /u/Zaddyybless
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to find a stand for writing in portrait mode on an 11" 2018 Pro

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:23 AM PDT

    I have an Apple Smart Folio, and it's fine for writing with the iPad in landscape. But I really hate writing in landscape. I'm using it for a lot of math work, and I find that being able to see more the vertical area of the page is beneficial. I cannot find a stand that allows me to prop up my iPad in portrait mode at a lower angle. Everything I'm seeing has the iPad at an angle far too high to be comfortable writing on.

    Does anyone have any suggestions for a stand that might fit my needs? I'm at a loss.

    submitted by /u/derrick4104
    [link] [comments]

    Scribble has trobles recognizing my letter "a"

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    does it happen to someone else or is it just my terrible handwriting?

    submitted by /u/de_animo
    [link] [comments]

    [QUESTION] Screen protector for apple pencil?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Just got the new 8th gen Ipad and want to use Apple Pencil. Is a screen protector necessary/recommended? I definitely don't want to mess up the screen right after I got it.

    submitted by /u/beard9beard89
    [link] [comments]

    1TB 12.9 2018 iPad Pro (6GB RAM) has stutter problem in games?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    Hello friends, In a few videos on youtube, it is stated that the 2018 ipad 3rd generation has a stuttering problem in games. Is this true? Especially in the fortnite game, there were fps drops. How many more years of update support? Now do you think 1TB 12.9 2018 iPad Pro (6GB RAM) can be bought? for $ 980? Thanks

    submitted by /u/ucantosbagayoshi
    [link] [comments]

    How do you bypass news paywalls on the iPad?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    I know you can do it on the laptop and desktop, but what about the tablet?

    submitted by /u/Invalid_factor
    [link] [comments]

    Magic keyboard 12.9 cleaning

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    How are people cleaning the new magic keyboard I have to use mine for work and it gets dusty and crap falls on It all the time any help

    submitted by /u/revlon2020
    [link] [comments]

    Missing iTunes and App Store in Settings?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Can anyone find the setting mentioned in this link?

    I've looked through the settings multiple times and I'm so confused. I'm trying to turn off asking for passwords for free apps. The instructions Apple gives just isn't available for me at all.

    I looked through my flatmate's iPad and it's not there for him either, but the setting is accessible on iPhone.

    submitted by /u/cydiie
    [link] [comments]

    I have the iPad Air 3 which I do like but the big pro 12.9 keeps tickling me with its pro motion and larger size. Is there a good controller option to also hold the pro or am I chasing the dragon

    Posted: 27 Oct 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    I just bought a new 2020 iPad Pro and I found a photo on there from 2018 that I did not take. It was on there prior to taking any new photos. How is this possible?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Ant suggestions on drawing courses for beginners ?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:24 PM PDT

    So since buying my iPad Air 3 and now switching to the new iPad Air I ended up buying procreate since I felt like to properly experience the iPad and the pencil to it's full capacity learning to draw would be a good challenge. However, I have a hard time when it comes to finding good beginners tutorials.

    What would you guys recommend ? knowing that I basically can't draw to save my life but I would like to learn

    PS : sorry for any grammatical mistakes English isn't my first language

    submitted by /u/zehila
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube on safari is now automatically redirecting me to the mobile site (m.youtube.com). Anyone experiencing the same thing?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Air 4 loose buttons

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Does anyone have issues with the buttons on the new Air being loose or wobbly?

    My power/touch id button has a fair bit of play. Makes it kind of have a rattling sound to it when just touching and releasing to activate the touch id, but not actually pressing the button in.

    I assume this isn't normal?

    submitted by /u/c4libr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel