• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    iPad TIL Scribble will understand curse words, but wont display them

    iPad TIL Scribble will understand curse words, but wont display them


    TIL Scribble will understand curse words, but wont display them

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Apple Pencil (1st gen) skin idea. (Link for vector will be in comments)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Would an iPad and an Apple Pen be good for school and taking notes?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Hi! Lately, I have been considering purchasing an iPad and Apple pen for school but I'm uncertain whether or not it would be a good purchase. I usually take a lot of notes for my classes mainly for my engineering classes like calculus and physics. For those who own an iPad for work or school-related use, how useful are iPads and how much more convenient are they compared to the typical paper and pencil?

    submitted by /u/puggies4lyfe
    [link] [comments]

    App Store disabled on school iPad, icon missing?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Anyone know how to get access to the App Store when it appears to be disabled on school supplied iPads? Apple ID sign in option is greyed out etc.

    I'm sure it's in the settings somewhere. If anyone knows I will really appreciate it thanks!

    submitted by /u/888Kraken888
    [link] [comments]

    2020 iPad Pro Camera Lacking?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I love my new iPad but I was wondering if there's something wrong with the camera on it. In anything but the very brightest light there is noticeable "bloom" on bright spots and lots of artifacts around sharp edges in photos. It looks like a photo my Galaxy s3 would have taken in 2011.

    It almost looks like what happens when you take photos with fingerprint smudges on the lens but I've made sure the lens is clean. Is this normal for iPad Pro? Is there a setting I have wrong? It's a little disappointing...

    submitted by /u/haightor
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil substitute

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    Does anyone know a cheap substitute for the Apple Pencil, I have an iPad but I do not want to spend $100+ for a stylus. I'm fine with it not having the same features as the Apple Pencil, just looking for something similar to the Apple Pencil.

    submitted by /u/on-o-ma-to-poeia
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Air 4 HDR Support?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if it will support HDR content for streaming services such as Netflix, Disney Plus and Youtube? I'm going to be using this mainly for media content.

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/marwonnn
    [link] [comments]

    Volume limiter....

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    Volume limiter...

    Where on 'earth' is the volume limiter... I've been an iPad user for about 5 years, I know my way around the settings etc. But for the life of me cannot find the volume limiter to kill my daughters deafening iPad sound volume! I've looked myself, I've googled, and apparently in the content restrictions there a volume option... but problem is, there isn't... I've even done a search in settings for volume, and not getting a single option pop up... Mine and my wife's ear holes would love to find this button!

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hypozonic07
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about effective ad-blocking on ipad?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:54 AM PDT

    I use ublock origin on my PC and android phone. Then I try to open up the youtube app on my ipad... and I'm just bombarded with ads. Ads ads ads. I got the paid version of Adguard but I may not have it configured well because I don't even see a lick of ad blocking being done.

    My only gripe with apple stuff... the ads...

    Any advice on making youtube/browsers ad-free?

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/2fast4yee
    [link] [comments]

    Update to the YMMV post i made a bit ago. Here is a pic of the receipt getting the Apple Pencil gen 2 for $74. I hope this helps some of you out.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Easiest way to mirror iPad Whiteboard on PC - Zoom?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    Any tool that allows me to scribble on iPad (whiteboard preferred) and show on my PC via Zoom - any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/g0nzales
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know what this app is??

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:31 PM PDT

    Files app is merging my PDF docs?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    I had a PDF file of a chapter for school annotated and another PDF file of a textbook for another subject annotated. The file of the textbook has "taken over" three different PDF files (if this makes sense) and they no longer open to the files that they were, but now I have 4 copies of the same PDF textbook under the names of files that seem to have been overwritten? This is really frustrating me bc my annotations are being erased. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/kalbar3
    [link] [comments]

    Would this case fit the new iPad Air 4th gen 2020?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    I used to use Krita but since I got my iPad and procreate I haven’t looked back!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    I need app recommendations. Describe your job/workflow +fun flow and give me your best apps.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    My app recommendations- i am a junior doctor. Use my iPad for reading and watching Netflix.

    1. PDF reader / Eepub reader - for non fictions books ( academics/image rich books ) = *Margin notes 3 *. - Export all your mind maps, highlights etc in pdf, best that i have used. It is better than Liquid text.

    2. ePub reader for novels - I use FBReader - syncs with both android and iOS. Alternative is kindle/google books but i stay away from them due to privacy concerns.

    3. Notion for journaling and minor project tracking

    4. AWriter best app for maintaining your knowledge bank/Zettlekasten, can use obsidian data from the cloud - note it cannot use one drive , only iCloud and Dropbox. Can use backlinks. Alternative is iWriter but it doesn't recognise MD links.

    5. Focus to do pomodono timer that syncs with my windows pc and android phone and iPhone. So i prefer it.

    6. *Microsoft To-do *- why pay a monthly fee when ms todo can do nearly the same shit. Syncs with every platform. Alternative things 3 but no windows/android so i stay away.

    7. Good notes 5 imo better than notability

    8. *one note * the grand daddy of all note apps , i got my whole med school notes on it.

    9. *Excel / MS word *

    10. Outlook i am not paying for email client when Ms 365 gives me a 1 tb storage and all the apps at the same price.

    11. Slide for reddit - there is no iOS replacement of sync pro from android.

    And no tachyomi manga reader app on iOS. No 4chan client etc.

    1. Anki - Marginotes 3 can make cards that can be exported to your anki deck.

    Gave me your best apps , i also bought procreate but looks too complicated. Will learn it someday.

    Some unsolicited advice. For anyone who is not in the 1 percent - please dont pay subscription fees for any app. A monthly liability, no matter how small will drain you of funds. Don't buy subscription apps just because you saw some productivity guru on the YouTube like biz zillion productivity apps

    Lemme share my wallpaper link.

    submitted by /u/phantomsin
    [link] [comments]

    Question about an external keyboard

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:51 AM PDT

    Hi! I've been using an external Bluetooth keyboard for a while, now, and it's worked well up until this point, with a few exceptions that,somehow, I managed to resolve. The keyboard comes with a "Fn" key, which is useful for locking the iPad itself, adjusting the volume, so on and so forth. The thing is: that Fn key, when combined with another key, would lock my iPad's screen for example, but that doesn't happen anymore. It's quite stressful, as those combinations are quite useful. Any solution? I know that those combinations do work, but,sometimes, they just don't. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/RuiSa166
    [link] [comments]

    Use iPad Magic Keyboard on Windows?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    Is it possible to use/connect the iPad Magic Keyboard as a regular keyboard for your Windows or Mac PC?

    submitted by /u/scumbum
    [link] [comments]

    Question about colour contrast on the ipad pro

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    So the only reason I ever get into apple, is because of Procreate and the nice pen you can purchase for the ipad.

    But as I've drawn these beautifully coloured pieces, I notice once it exports to a social media - on the pc and my Samsung its dull and dark colours.

    Which makes everything infuriating. I've tried looking up export settings and procreate settings, but no avail in this change.

    It seems that the ipad itself has super crispy colour contrasts but I'm not sure where to change it or what to change it to.

    Anyone else experienced this?

    submitted by /u/Abigaylord
    [link] [comments]

    Google Calendar App

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    Is it possible to get the Google Calendar app to show a week's view from the current day like the web version does?

    I can set the day the week starts on, but for example if I set it to Sunday, by Saturday all the previous weeks events are filling the screen, with no look ahead to the coming events.

    submitted by /u/kellogg76
    [link] [comments]

    Case or pencil holder they recommend for the iPad 7/8

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    There are so many choices it's difficult to decide on a case or pencil holder. Does anyone have any strong recommendations? I'm looking for something that is light weight rather than sturdy and rugged. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/4ourkids
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel