• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    iOS Beta Can the mods PLEASE start banning YouTube video quality posts?

    iOS Beta Can the mods PLEASE start banning YouTube video quality posts?


    Can the mods PLEASE start banning YouTube video quality posts?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    So here's the thing, everyday there are about 3 posts complaining that 4K isn't showing up on YouTube, or saying it finally shows up, every time spreading misinformation, and more crucially, being completely irrelevant to a iOS betas subreddit.

    iOS updates ARE NOT what determines YouTube quality on your device.

    YouTube is constantly A/B testing their VP9 software decoder on iOS, randomly enabling or disabling it for many users, across many devices, on all supported iOS versions.

    This doesn't belong here, there's nothing anybody here can do to enable or disable 4K for your YouTube video on iOS, no iOS update changes anything regarding this.

    Yet, the mods see this flood of YouTube quality posts and consider it ok on the sub? Should I start posting updates about my favorite sudoku app too?

    submitted by /u/kadupse
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.2 Beta 3 - will the clock widget bug ever get squashed?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:38 AM PDT

    3d touch not showing context menu for bookmarks in Safari anymore. iOS 14.2 db 3

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Previously a deep press on bookmarks button showed up a menu, allowing the user to add the current or all opened tabs as bookmars. It is not the case anymore on my iPhone XS, runing iOS 14.2 db 3.

    submitted by /u/AlanSoulchild
    [link] [comments]

    What the hell is going with the iOS 14.2 Share Sheet?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Invoking the Share Sheet ROUTINELY locks up an app. It's crazy frustrating, because iOS 14 really leans into it. I feel like it's used in some capacity with every app, every use. I'm on the beta, because my work requires it but I didn't have this problem with the first beta or two. People have reported this on Apple Discussions, but there's been no response. I'm kinda worried this is gonna sneak into the GM.

    submitted by /u/nordr
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.2 b3: notification and system sounds LOUD if screen is touched while they play. Please report to Apple!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Can’t find alarm in latest public beta - new or just stupid that I've Never noticed

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    BROKEN VISUAL VOICEMAIL

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:10 AM PDT

    So I'm using beta iOS 14.2 beta 3 and since then Visual Voicemail hasn't worked since.

    Anyone else having this issue ?

    submitted by /u/colombia81er
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.2 Beta 3, iPhone XS, Wi-Fi wont connect at all.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    So I tried everything so far, and my phone won't connect to any wifi network. Anyone else having this problem?

    submitted by /u/cryptic4u
    [link] [comments]

    Problems making calls in 14.2 beta 3

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:08 AM PDT

    Is any one else having problems making calls on beta 3?

    For example often times when I go to my contacts, or recent calls, tapping on the contacts name or number does nothing at all. I have to restart my phone for it to kick in again, and for me to be able to make calls.

    I'm rolling back to beta 2, as this is rendering my phone unusable.

    submitted by /u/gigboegwu
    [link] [comments]

    iOs beta 14.2 with new iPhone

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    Hi,

    My current iphone has beta 14.2 installed. I made a backup on it.

    If i want to move this backup on a new iphone, i should first update the new iphone to the same beta the backup is made and than i can possibly use such backup on the new iphone?

    I dont want to restore to official ios and then make backup and then restore new iphone on this backup.

    Thanks for helping

    submitted by /u/darkaeden
    [link] [comments]

    I was a frequent user of the iOS 14 Public Betas (until the official release). Now I am thinking upgrade to 14.2 PB, do you recommend going back to the betas? How is the overall performance, battery and AirPods sync?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:04 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel