• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 18, 2020

    iPad Inspired by all the subreddit’s setup, I decided to make my own : that’s so convenient, if anybody have a question about it I’ll be glad to answer (iPad 7th gen)

    iPad Inspired by all the subreddit’s setup, I decided to make my own : that’s so convenient, if anybody have a question about it I’ll be glad to answer (iPad 7th gen)


    Inspired by all the subreddit’s setup, I decided to make my own : that’s so convenient, if anybody have a question about it I’ll be glad to answer (iPad 7th gen)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Mouse support has finally made my dream setup possible.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    Wifi password sharing - "today I learned"

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 04:44 PM PDT

    So I thought this was interesting. Note that I'm still fairly new to the Apple ecosystem. My wife and I were out today in an area with a secured wifi for which I have the password set in my iPad. She didn't have it in hers, and the moment she tried to get online and it popped up that she wasn't connected, I got a toast message asking if I wanted to share the wifi password with her. I tapped yes, and she was logged in.

    I sometimes roll my eyes at the glorifying of "The Ecosystem" but that was legitimately very cool. I was seriously impressed.

    submitted by /u/polyblackcat
    [link] [comments]

    Few iPad questions from an android user

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Hello all!

    So I'm considering getting either a new iPad or the iPad air over an android tab. Now I'd consider myself fairly good with tech but I do have a couple of questions, mainly with regards to media:

    1) how easy is it to transfer media to the iPad? so for example I have a film on my android phone. Would I have to put the film onto an sd card and then plug the sd card into the iPad using a peripheral?

    2) is it easy to play media from the files app onto VLC player? Would I have to transfer the media onto the iPad memory to play the media?

    3) are there any wireless methods to transfer media from an android phone to the iPad?

    4) what methods with casting/sharing media are available on the iPad? If I'm watching YouTube on the iPad, can I send that over to my smart TV?

    These questions may determine what storage size I get. A lot of my media is stored on my laptop and phone, currently it's quite easy to push things around using android.

    Also with xbox game pass currently not being available on iPad, it is a bit of a negative, but I'm sure it'll eventually come to iOS.

    Final point, I'd be using the iPad with the pencil for learning and note taking (I understand the various note taking apps on iPad are top notch), watching media and xbox game pass when/if it eventually comes to iOS. I have just gotten rid of my old Samsung galaxy tab A which was did a decent job.

    Thank you for reading!

    submitted by /u/Meow779
    [link] [comments]

    Will these new IPad Air 4th gen cases work with my iPad Pro 11inch (2018)[ single camera ]??

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    Apple Magic Keyboard (Folio) vs Apple Magic Keyboard (Bluetooth)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Hello all! I have a little question about which keyboard I should go with.

    My trusty 3rd Gen iPad is still in daily use, but after about 8 years I'm thinking it may finally be time for an upgrade. Like I'm sure are many of you, I'm looking to getting the new iPad Air when it becomes available. And this time I was thinking of getting a keyboard to go with it.

    The Magic Keyboard Folio/stand, with its many great reviews, seems to be the best choice. But the price is a bit high for me. I'm also unsure how well this and similar cases might work when I'm using the tablet for reading in portrait mode. Or if I should get a 2nd (cheaper) cover besides it.

    The next idea is to get a simple protective cover with a separate bluetooth (Apple's Magic?) keyboard. This would have the advantage that I may be able to use it with other devices in the future, and have access to more keys. Though it will be less portable.

    I can afford to splurge a little on the keyboard folio, but it might be a better idea to keep it simple.

    What are some of your ideas on this?

    submitted by /u/MariusTh86
    [link] [comments]

    I use 2 Different Smart DNS Services to access Geo-Restricted content. However when I set 2 DNS Servers on my Ipad it always seems to choose the Primary one even though that doesn't work with certain apps. Any ideas how I can switch?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    For example I use a Smart DNS For DAZN Canada set as (Primary) however when I switch to say Netflix it doesn't work (It should pick up secondary) Works when I change the Secondary to Primary however then DAZN doesn't work!

    Kinda hard to explain. However, the 2 Smart DNS Services I use should work across all my Apps providing the app knows to use Primary or Secondary.

    Any ideas? The only solution I have is keep changing the Primary DNS as Secondary is kinda redundant.

    submitted by /u/General-Interest
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the difference between iOS for iPhone and iOS for iPad?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    They would seem to have identical software code because of the similar hardware platform but that doesn't seem to be the case. I could Google this but I wouldn't get the detailed answer I would from my Reddit community members.

    submitted by /u/QualityTongue
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Keyboard compatible decal

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    I bought an iPad Air 4 with the magic keyboard and I'm preparing for its arrival. I'm concerned that when I slide the iPad out of the AMK to use it as a tablet I would scratch the back of the iPad (not the AMK) with my rings (as I've done it with my iPhone when I simply hold it to watch something). I don't want to get a case to yet add more bulk than the weight I already have with the AMK (eg. Coverbuddy) but I've been looking (without luck) for transparent decals that

    a) fit the Apple Air 4 and are transparent b) don't mess with the magnets that need to work nicely with the AMK.

    Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated.

    Edit: grammar and clarity. Edit 2: added emphasis to the requirement of decal to be transparent.

    submitted by /u/Fisk77
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] How much does it cost to extend AppleCare+ for the iPad Pro 12.9 2020?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I can't seem to find this info anywhere. Apple only lets you see details of extending the warranty after your has already expired, but I just want to know what I'm looking at if I'm planning to extend the warranty after expiration in 2 years.

    Also if anyone knows the price for my specific model (in title), thanks!

    submitted by /u/dannydav709
    [link] [comments]

    Least obtrusive iPad 8th gen case that holds a Pencil?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Any suggestions for the thinnest iPad (2020 8th gen) case that has a Pencil holder? I already have a rugged case for camping trips etc; just want something thin for home use - preferably a case without a back cover to minimize thickness. I love the way this feels to hold caseless and don't want to lose the thinness too much, but also don't want to lose my Pencil...

    Basically I just want a Smart Cover that holds a Pencil... Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/jenesuispasbavard
    [link] [comments]

    My setup and Brydge Pro+ 12.9 Showcase/review (In Comments)

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Is the 2018 iPad Pro 11" likely to return to the refurb store? (UK)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    I have an old iPad Mini 2 with £85 gift card / trade in value and thought I might pick up a new iPad Air 4, but in some ways would prefer the £519 2018 iPad Pro 11" offering in the refurb store. Is it likely this'll return at some point or has that time now passed? I know it's been a while since it's been available.

    submitted by /u/Royal-Pick4834
    [link] [comments]

    After using my iPad Mini 5 for about 2 weeks now True Tone has ruined the display for my phone

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    It looks so damn blue now. Has this happened to anyone else lol? True Tone is so great I wish android gets something similar, if they don't already.

    submitted by /u/TheOneAndOnly310
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys. I’m a student looking for an iPad for note taking. Is this a good deal? He said he would take $650.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    iPad Air 2019 or iPad 2020

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Hello, After thinking about whether I should get an iPad Pro or MacBook for university I decided on getting a MacBook Pro. Now I am starting to think about getting an iPad with Apple Pencil for Note talking as well. Since I don't need it to be a 2 in 1 machine (thanks to the MacBook) I am curious whether the „cheap" 2020 iPad or the 2019 iPad Air would be a better option. My intended use is really only for taking notes and looking at PDF, for all the heavy work I'll be using the MacBook. Which device would you choose?

    (The iPad Air would cost 130 bucks more, is that pricetag justified?)

    submitted by /u/skinnymelania
    [link] [comments]

    Is the iPad the perfect device for education professionals? My first thoughts on teaching on an iPad. Really want to know your thoughts and advice! ����

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    What are the best iPad accessories?

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Hello

    I pre ordered the ipad air 4 in sky blue and it will be here Oct 23.

    I bought the apple pencil 2 however i'm wondering what neat accessories you guys have that makes having an ipad so much more luxurious?

    I need a recommended case with a stand and thats the only thing i can really think of...

    What do you guys use that make life better with an ipad?

    Looking for smart home features as well

    submitted by /u/RichDayTrader
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Friend's iPad Pro 12" 2018 won't start, maybe storage full. She needs data off it. More details in text:

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    (She doesn't have a reddit account yet.)

    It was running slow and she thought it the storage was full (though maybe the iCloud storage was full instead?). When she turned it off and back on, it froze on the Apple logo.

    Support said to put it in recover mode and update it, so she tried from a PC, but iTunes would get halfway through updating and throw errors (-14 and -18?).

    Now the iPad is apparently stuck in the recovery mode screen.

    She doesn't want to lose the data on it.

    Some of the errors connected to the PC were about power, so she's going to try connecting it to her iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015), but she lacked the right adapters so she ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Acessorz-Hi-Speed-Charging-Connector-Converter/dp/B07MB943CX

    And this is the cable she'll be using: https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MUF72ZM/A/usb-c-charge-cable-1m

    The adapters won't arrive for a few days and she's freaking out.

    What are the odds that she'll be able to recover the iPad's data from that iMac using those adapters if the iPad currently seems stuck in recovery mode?

    Recovering the iPad itself is secondary to getting the data off it.

    Thank you for any advice you can offer. I'll give her this link so she can respond.

    Edit: the adapter arrived early and worked, but now the mac is gummed up a bit; it offers to update the iPad, but can't reach the update server to download the right file to do so. She's tried logging out and back in, restarting, testing browser connectivity, and a few other things, and still no luck.

    submitted by /u/JBlitzen
    [link] [comments]

    Second gen ipad 2 - is it time to go to ipad heaven?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    I received a second gen ipad (ipad 2) 64GB in 2012, from a relative as a gift before they passed away. At the time it cost £680 and was probably the most expensive thing I owned haha. It was brand new in the box and bought with love. So this ipad is pretty sentimental to me. Everytime I use the ipad I think of my dear relative who is no longer with us. I actually have a newer ipad mini and I prefer my old faithful second gen ipad 2 haha.

    It is now stuck on 9.3.5 and won't update further. I did a google search and it seems it won't update anymore as many of the older ipads are unable to receive the newer updates. Which sucks!

    I can't download any apps on to it now as the majority of them say they need 10.0 and up to be downloaded. It generally runs very slow these days, surprisingly I only have around 28GB of stuff on it. I tend to use it for watching YouTube, Netflix and itunes. But I do like to use games on it and many of them won't work now or are very buggy. Trying to use safari to do a simple search is a no go as it can take up to 5 minutes. Another surprising thing is that the ipad doesn't overheat at all, which I would expect from it's age.

    So I'm basically left with an obsolete fossil that I don't want to get rid of due to emotional ties. To be honest I also love the size of the ipad2 and do not feel I need to upgrade.

    Is there anything I can possibly do with it, other than shoving it in a drawer? I'm even up for jail breaking haha if it means I can save this ipad and still have a use for it?

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Glittering_Till_4ev
    [link] [comments]

    Which Files.app storage provider can show thumbnails of remote files?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Looking for a storage provider that integrates with the Files.app that also shows thumbnails there just like iCloud Drive does. I don't really care whether the protocol is SFTP or Webdav.

    submitted by /u/leahdrenalin
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought the 11” 2020 Pro but wondering if I should return and get Air 4

    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 08:09 PM PDT

    I keep going back and forth on this, I just picked up the 11" 2020 Pro but after seeing all the benchmarks people are talking about between the A12z and the A14, I feel like I may have paid more for no reason.

    For reference, I'm planning on using my iPad for taking notes for my masters program, then just general surfing/watching videos. Everyone is saying that Air 4 is better for single-core operations, does this mean it would perform better for my uses?

    Should I return my Pro for the Air? I'd be saving $200, but now I'd have to wait until Nov to get my iPad. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/riggsmir
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel