• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    iPhone Got a free iPhone 8 with ios14, several issues, suspect hardware.

    iPhone Got a free iPhone 8 with ios14, several issues, suspect hardware.


    Got a free iPhone 8 with ios14, several issues, suspect hardware.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    Hi,
    I have been given an iPhone 8 with several issues, thought I should ask here before I go buying parts to throw at the thing. So, things not working:
    - Rear camera and flash
    - Haptics
    - Sound from main speaker (ear speaker works)
    - non-functioning speaker is causing the phone to not play any sort of video unless connected to a bluetooth speaker (I couldn't try headphones as I don't own lightning adapters)

    I have tried switching the phone off and on again, resetting the phone from the settings, putting it into recovery mode and restoring with iTunes, and putting it into DFU mode and restoring it with iTunes.
    I also pulled the phone apart and unplugged and plugged in the battery, camera, taptic engine, and anything else that got in my way in the process. It looks to me as someone may have been in ther before me, as there is a few missing screws.

    submitted by /u/Kid_From_Yesterday
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage issue, any advice would be amazing!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm currently planning a surprise party for my sister with one her friends. We're texting on iMessage and I "loved" a text from her that essentially reveals the surprise. I've been deleting specific texts from our conversation since my sister and I share an iPad and I don't want her to see anything. But after deleting the messages, the most recent notification in the list of conversations still says "you liked Jessica's message 'I can't wait to surprise carli'" which defeats the purpose of deleting the messages. Is there a way to remove this? Even if I unlike it on my phone it just changes to "you removed a like from..." Any tips would be helpful, thanks!

    submitted by /u/insanity_profanity
    [link] [comments]

    Photos are still uploading after 2 weeks

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:49 PM PDT

    I have a iphone 6 and my brother asked if he could log out my icloud and sign into. After he done his business with my phone i logged back into my icloud only to find out 30 photos were still loading into my photos album it has been like this for about 2 weeks and i need help getting them back because the ones that went missing are very special to me.

    submitted by /u/Big-Balls-In-Ur-Mom
    [link] [comments]

    New Back Tap Feature issue

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    So I recently set up the new back tap feature and it works amazingly for one option (opens google chrome) and it seems to work for the second option (opening up my camera) however when I take a photo with the camera using this back tap the photo doesn't appear in my camera roll? Anyone know where it goes or what happens?

    submitted by /u/jayhansen_45
    [link] [comments]

    How to get rid of “other” storage?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    My storage is full and over half of it is "other." I did what the internet said and cleared safari cache and deleted some messages, and it didn't clear much space. What's taking up over 16 gigs and how do I get rid of it?

    submitted by /u/FlamingTacoShop
    [link] [comments]

    What would be the best option to save images?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I've been posting a lot recently and sorry if it's clogging up the posts, but this is my final question. I'd like to know what is the best option for saving photos. My friend has lots of old pictures he wouldn't want to go to waste, and I see there's a few options. So are all options equally good or does one go faster than the other? This question might make me look stupid, but I'm no iPhone user lol

    (for those who care enough to want to know what my previous posts were about, it was basically just me asking what profiles were in Settings and if apps were truly deleted)

    submitted by /u/similarlikethrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    I Phone wont finish update

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Trying to update my I Phone 8 to ios 14 and it will not finish the update. It has the bar almost full for the past 2 hours now. Not sure if update is super long or other issue.

    submitted by /u/oxfordstoolie
    [link] [comments]

    App crashing

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    I'm trying to confirm my mobile number for FB so I can sell stuff on market place, every time I go to confirm it with said code they send my app just closes. And I can't even type in the code screen won't pick up me touching it ?... iPhone 7

    submitted by /u/Munji23
    [link] [comments]

    Please help! Icloud backup problems!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:49 PM PDT

    My gf has backed up her photos and such on icloud but the icloud galleria says that there are 0 photos anywhere. Why?? And even though she backed up like over 30gb of them it says that the backup size is like 6gb??? But she did the backup. It took super long and once it was finished the pictures were no where to be found on icloud- She even bought more space to icloud just so she could get everything secured.

    submitted by /u/Anxious-Lucifer
    [link] [comments]

    Hi there. Recently noticed that the vibration is not working in iPhone 7

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    I'm on iOS 14.2 beta 2. After updating everything was working fine. But 2 days ago I noticed that the vibration is not working. Haptic vibration is working. Vibrations are turned on in settings, I checked. Now I rebooted the phone, but it didn't help me. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Alibek7474
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 died and wont turn back on

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    I have an iphone 7 with iOS 14, this morning it was on 1% and plugged it in before it died. It was charging and got to 2% but still died. I kept it on the charger, and it didnt turn back on so I still kept it on the charger. It's been 7 hours now and its showing up that its charging but it hasn't and wont turn on

    submitted by /u/melanayyylmao
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14, iPhone 8 Plus, my messages have one large contact and the rest are regular size. How can I change it back?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Erratic battery percentage readings: battery or controller problem?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    last march my iPhone 6s battery (Apple original, manufactured sept 24th 2018 and installed on december 2018) started giving erratic readings, and discharged quickly during the day. I did the 'ole reset (fully drain - fully recharge) a couple times and all went quite well (or at least almost well) up til iOS14.

    now I'm still experiencing problems, Apple expert on chat did a test and told me the battery's gone.

    is it possible, or could it be some kinda controller problem? should I go for a bigger aftermarket one (which also costs half)?

    thanks

    (Coconut Battery history here for reference https://imgur.com/9ZWSf8m )

    submitted by /u/killsapo
    [link] [comments]

    Sounds & Haptics automatically going to 0

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, overnight my sounds & haptics bar will go to 0 randomly and was wondering if anyone else had this issue

    submitted by /u/WhatItDoBabyy64
    [link] [comments]

    "Hey Siri" not working but microphones work just fine.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    Hi, So, I have an iPhone XS, and the problem is that "Hey Siri" doesn't work at all, but the microphones work just fine. Any idea?

    submitted by /u/TechTalkf
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6 Home Button Problems

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Hello. I have bought a refurbished Iphone 6 in mint condition. The phone seemed it would stay perfect until the first problem showed up which was TouchID to stop working for no appearant reason. A week later the Home Button started to not wake up the phone. A few days after that the Home Button started to not work after a few pushes but would come back after waiting a bit. After that I broke the screen accidentally and went to a repairshop to both get the screen and the homebutton fixed. Repairshop fixed the screen but couldn't fix the Home Button even though they replaced both the home button and the long flex with the metal plate. Any idea what's causing this problem?

    Edit: I'm fine with TouchID being gone. Main problem is home button not working properly.

    TL;DR: Iphone 6 Home Button stops working after a few pushes but works after waiting a bit. Tried replacing Home Button and Long Flex with the metal plate, didn't work.

    submitted by /u/M4jesticStaff
    [link] [comments]

    Back tap for screenshot

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    So I wanted to try this new feature back tap feature wherein you'll tap the back of your phone twice and it automatically screenshots the page you're in. However, I am not quite sure as to why it's not working for me :( I have updated to iOS14.

    Anyone else tried that?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/g_1234
    [link] [comments]

    How do I change the icons of my apps?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    I have searched google for about 2 hours now and I can not figure out how to make custom app icons for my phone?I am on an iPhone 6s btw

    submitted by /u/Aged-baby
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro Max Sporadic boot loop

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    woke up to my iPhone 11 Pro Max acting glitchy, apps taking long to load, camera wasn't starting up in third party app so I force restarted it and started going into a boot loop, it was looping so relatively fast so I couldn't force reset it again, eventually it started back up again randomly. I tried replicating the issue and the same thing happened, it eventually turned on though. The iPhone is refurbished so I'm guessing it's the internals gone bad?

    submitted by /u/WaveyBoiz
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost Video

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    In the about section my phone is showing 1 video but there's nothing in my photos app so where is the video ?

    submitted by /u/MR4NDRSN
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone just won’t stop downloading!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Okay so here I am again for a third time with the same problem. The problem is annoying and I'm genuinely sick of it.

    >! TL;DR First time I did a backup->reset->restore as suggested on my r/iphonehelp post and temporarily fixed the problem. Second time I also made a post on here but it got deleted because I updated on new iOS 14 when it happened and it was too soon to discuss the problems regarding iOS 14. I did what I did the first time and fixed the problem, temporarily. !<

    Third time, I'm making this post and I WON'T go in headaches of backing up and restoring the phone over again.

    1. iPhone model and iOS version iPhone 6S 64gb running iOS 14.0.1
    2. What is the issue and how often does it occur? iPhone is downloading unknown data in the background (more than 2.0Gb). Issue occurs once every month and when it happens, phone starts doing it every day until I reset it.
    3. What caused the issue? There is nothing that could cause the issue. I use my phone every day with the same routine until it happens. It started downloading when phone wasn't on a charger and lasted about hour and half.
    4. How did you try to resolve the issue and what was the result? I tried force closing all the apps previously opened and turning background app refresh off. It did absolutely nothing. iPhone continued downloading.
    5. Any other information you think might be useful? I have heard the rumors about 64gb iPhones having issues with "Other system data" taking up the free space. Issue would occur only on some iPhones but always on models with 64gb. It's been happening for years and nobody patched it. However I don't think this problem might be the same case. I did notice and have documented the fluctuation in free space and system data but on the end it stopped. Now my phone is richer for 2gb of data I don't know the purpose of. If you are thinking that iCloud have been doing a backup I have disappointing news for you. I have only 6mb uploaded in the iCloud. And number didn't change after it stopped. Actually it did, it's 3mb now, just checked... well that's odd. I have checked available app and iOS updates while phone was downloading something in the background and found no available updates.

    iPhone went from 7.6Gb of free space to 5.16Gb. Judging from my experience, iPhone will not download anything for a few days until the free space suddenly free itself up and reset back to 7.6Gb of free space. When that happens, usually phone will start downloading all over again, ruining the lifespan of device's SSD altogether with nerves of it's user. Here are the pictures I have documented in the process of downloading today and those are the photos made after the iPhone finished downloading.

    Someone please help me figure out how to stop my iPhone from downloading the data it was totally fine without. It's disappointing that Apple would allow something like this go unnoticed for YEARS by now... I have no more comments. Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/Red_Forest
    [link] [comments]

    Shortcut Automation Inquiry

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm wanting to create an Automated Shortcut that updates my apps when I arrive at a certain location. I did not see this option. Is it possible through scripting? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/P0rtableAnswers
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X overheats on FaceTime ever since iOS14.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Title is self explanatory. I'll be on facetime and my phone will overheat to the point the call fails. Once it's off facetime, it works perfectly fine.

    This has only started happening after the iOS14 update, maybe even 14.1

    submitted by /u/whatsausername1000
    [link] [comments]

    HELP

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    ok , so after I realized my iPhone 7 home button was cracked it got stuck in a boot loop , its been like this since oct 2 . I've tried the power & volume down method & iTunes . my mom won't get it fixed so what can I do ? 😭😭

    submitted by /u/alexius2x
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone not loading properly

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    My iphone 7 plus is not loading properly. Everytime i put in the lightning cable i have to adjust this cable more then 10 times before it connects to my phone. My phone alse needs to lay completely still for it to load, because with the smallest touch it goes out of the usb port. I dont know if it has anything to do with the usb port being so dirty or that i have broken some pins overtime that used to connect the usb stronger to my iphone. I let it fell once with the charger in but i dont know if it did some damage to pins that keep the charger in. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing!

    submitted by /u/Max-Geraads
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel