• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - October 05, 2020

    iOS Gaming Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - October 05, 2020


    Weekly /r/iOSGaming Discussion - What have you been playing lately and what do you recommend? - October 05, 2020

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Please use this thread to discuss whatever iOS games you've been playing lately. They don't have to be new games, they can be old games and they do not have to be iOS original titles!

    As long as it's an iOS game it belongs in here. Make sure to put the name(s) of the game(s) in bold to make it easier for people skimming the thread to see what you're talking about, and if you'd like to make it really convenient turn the game name into a hyperlink that sends people directly to the App Store!

    To keep track of the thread, the comments are sorted by "new" by default.

    Find previous weekly threads here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The Quest 7.99 —> 3.99 (RPG)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Hi guys, can I’ve some suggestions for games like (clash of clans and RiseOfKingdoms)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Second Best Games (Another Effort Post)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Greetings avid mobile gamers. Here I am, once again, with more quality mobile games! A lot of people seemed to really like my previous post, so I made another list. However, I have to say the games on my first list are significantly better, so if you haven't already, definitely check that out first. If you didn't know, I have a really diverse experience with mobile games. I've tried hundreds upon hundreds of them, so I'm pretty confident in my ability to determine what makes a title good. Enough rambling, on with the list! Link to first list.

    Casual

    Combat of Hero - Kind of an awkward title, but I'm pretty sure the developers are Chinese. This game is actually one of the only games I managed to convince my friend to download, and he is extremely skeptical of mobile games. Move forward to slash enemies, move back to dodge. Simple, right? Well now you have enemies pouring in from both sides, archers, giants, bandits, you get the point. It's fast paced, and you will die a lot, but its still fun. The game also literally rains currency on you. You get free coins at almost any time of the day. Last time I checked, there weren't any ads so don't flame me if there are. I guess the only bad thing about it is that it can get repetitive or boring. Link

    Dead Ahead - A difficult zombie strategy game. It uses the classic "cards cost mana and mana regenerates over time" formula, and is also a bit grindy. It's actually really engaging and really pushes the player to spend the mana well. Other downsides would be that it requires wifi and is relatively short, but give it a shot anyway. Click me

    Potion Punch 2 - The premier time management game on the app store. Instead of cooking for modern day people, this game takes place in a magical, medieval place. The art is extremely polished and cute, there isn't a restrictive energy system, and it can be played offline. There are few ads, and it absolutely nails any cooking game itches. The link

    Hyper Casual

    Crashy Cats - Ever wish you were a cat and could go into endless destructive rampages? This awesome game gives you exactly that experience, where your goal is to literally cause as much damage as possible! It's an endless runner, and you have to jump to avoid dogs or running into things. LINK

    Pako Caravan - The amazing Pako Forever which I cherish so much has gotten a sequel! It's more or less the same thing except instead of evading capture, you are just trying to make the longest car ever! Each time you collect points, more cars are added behind you until you eventually crash on an obstacle or yourself. Click

    Missile Command - This is a reboot of an ancient arcade game. The gameplay is more or less the same, but the graphics are in a new league. The objective is to shoot missiles to intercept incoming missiles. If those missiles get through and blow up all your cities, game over. There's no end, just go as long as you can before the cities get reduced to rubble. There is an energy system, which is annoying, but there aren't any ads at all, which is excellent. LINk

    PvP

    Brawlhalla - I highly suggest you download steam on a computer and play this game there, but the mobile port is alright too. This is similar to Super Smash Bros in that you use combos build up damage and knock your opponent off screen. The amazing part is that there's also a patch every Wednesday, which might be why the game is so incredibly balanced. Each one of the 50 characters are good and viable. I think what separates this game from so many other Smash Bros clones, is that it is as committing as you want it to be. It is quite possible to enjoy it casually, as there's no upgrade system. On the flip side, hardcore gamers can also participate in world championships or other esport tournaments. CLiCK

    PvZH - You might be bored with deck based games by now, but I assure you this is worth your time. Each game can get so hectic and interesting, but it requires commitment. Do not play this game unless you will commit yourself to it, because it is extremely grindy. If you can get past that, it's easily the most enjoyable card strategy game in my humble opinion. Link me

    Among Us - I just added this here for the link. If you don't know what this is, you've been living under a rock. Also it might be because I'm lazy and I don't want to write a description. Press

    3D

    Critical Ops - Literally CSGO on mobile. Barely any difference. Press me

    Pixel Combat - Literally COD Zombies on mobile with block graphics. Link here

    Hero Hunters - Neat cover based shooter. Assemble a team, and take control of any of them in battle. Take cover when reloading, and run away to avoid grenades. A really unique experience. Shame it's a bit ruined by the energy system, and the difficulty increases fast. PrESS

    Text

    AI Dungeon - Most choose your own story games have only a handful of options. This one is infinite. You literally write what you want your character to do, and the smart ai generates a story respectively. It's so cool, and while sometimes the ai does get confusing, the idea that it understands you is incredible. LIIIIIIIINK

    Doomsday - This is mostly a novel, but the reason I put it on the list is because it was very immersive. I couldn't stop reading, and I didn't know why. The writing was good but nothing phenomenal, so it had to be the story. The story was interesting and the fact that I could make my own decisions made it even more interesting. CLIIIIIIIICK

    War Wings - I don't have any more games, so I guess I'll dedicate the last spot to War Wings. Such a good game, but is sadly gone. Let us have a moment of silence for War Wings.

    I hope you enjoyed, please tell me your thoughts as well!

    submitted by /u/smoothwrench
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for a more serious candy crush...

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I'm looking for a match three that isn't made for little kids...

    submitted by /u/PIGYE_YT
    [link] [comments]

    Space Marshalls. 1 or 2?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:19 AM PDT

    Should I bother playing SM1 or should I go straight to SM2 and save a few bucks?

    Not sure if there's a difference in terms of longevity of the game, story, or anything I should know

    submitted by /u/Illsellyoullbuy
    [link] [comments]

    Character builder/semi-idle

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a game where you can choose a class and build a character and equip gear and spend skill points. I don't necessarily want anything with difficult fighting mechanics. Maybe just something with simple combat or turn based. But I've always enjoyed investing in a character and seeing them grow. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/thekolbz
    [link] [comments]

    I need help to find a mobile game!

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    I need help to find an old game but I don't know the name, it's about some fighters, blocky they were, and you'd fight like mortal combat, if you won you got a literal piece of them you could use to make you stronger, please tell me the name I loved it and want to play it again.

    submitted by /u/CreepOut75
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to identify an older space game.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    Years ago i remember playing this space game where you are a small meteor. Like Tiny Wings, you would hold screen to dive down and release to launch through hills of a small moon'/asteroid's craters. It was 3D and camera view was behind player. You could circle the entire moon/asteroid or whatever and collect coins or whatever it was. You could launch up and get caught in the gravity of a small asteroid floating way up high.

    I remember playing it on iOS so i don't know if it was on any other system. A very cool and fun game that I've been trying to hunt down for years now. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/LifeOfJoshua
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Games for friends in different countries?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 04:56 PM PDT

    I'm in the US and an old friend of mine is in the Philippines. He really loves gaming and I want to get into it, but we're having trouble finding games that allow us to play together. Among Us is one of the few games we're able to play, but we like games like COD, Mobile Legends, and mmporg games? Most of them we can play individually, but not together. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/cuddlyembrace
    [link] [comments]

    Genshin Impact missing textures/effects on my iPad 5th gen (I think its a 2017 model)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    I'm not able to play genshin impact on my iPad because there are missing textures and effects. Like, my character's FOV will only be visible but the rest of the background is black. Or when I step into water or get burned by fire my screen literally turns white. I tried redownloading and reinstalling but still have the same problem.

    I have noticed though that when I downloaded Genshin it will prompt me to download the "full package" as it says I am in demo mode? and the total download size is around 4.1gb which should be around 6gb from what I've heard.

    Thanks for the suggestions and help!

    submitted by /u/Axiionn
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for an odd type of game...

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a game like https://apps.apple.com/us/app/mmm-fingers/id927055887 mmm fingers 1 and 2. I want a game where it feels like your physically interacting with the game. For example, in mmm fingers, you have to try not to get your real life finger get eaten. I'm not sure if this post makes sense, but if you have any games like this, let me know. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PIGYE_YT
    [link] [comments]

    Shower idea for a game but im not a programmer

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    Now i don't know if this is the right subreddit to post this. If its not please lead me there and ill happily take this post over.

    I am also unsure if a game like this exists

    Basically the idea is a PvP endless-like runner with 2 players

    • One player chases while the other runs away: kind of like a cop chasing a robber

    • The one chasing (cop) holds a ranged weapon that he uses to shoot down obstacles in front of the chased (escapee|robber) to slow him down and be able to catch him

    • The escapee pushes obstacles behind him in an attempt to slow down the cop in order to escape

    Game ends when the escapee is caught or is far enough away to escape

    Of course they also try and dodge the obstacles placed before them

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/maiodin
    [link] [comments]

    Micro puzzle tactics

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    Looking for spatial strategy like Valleys Between, Evergarden, Mini Metro, Bad North, Rymdkapsel, Onitama, Miyamoto...

    Is Overland good? Or Stormbound? Or the new Meteorfall?

    submitted by /u/auxonaut
    [link] [comments]

    Games that have controller support?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    I have found a few like codm or modern combat. Are there anymore good FPS or RPG games that have mobile support? I'm open to all recommendations if there there are any games in other categories that have controller support

    submitted by /u/rorokuu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel