• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Apple Watch It’s now Thursday at 9:20am... almost 48 hours of battery life!!

    Apple Watch It’s now Thursday at 9:20am... almost 48 hours of battery life!!


    It’s now Thursday at 9:20am... almost 48 hours of battery life!!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    You will stop rolling around my van on charge.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:00 AM PDT

    Nomad Modern Strap. A thing of beauty!

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:30 AM PDT

    Date complication app. Supporting almost every date format

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    Green Braided Loop w/ Titanium case is the bee’s knees! ��

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Space Black Titanium with Cornflower Sport Band

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Is it just me or does the Baltic Blue Leather Link look greenish?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    When it’s your birthday but you don’t get anything

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:51 AM PDT

    Very sad times��

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I upgraded from the S3 to the SE and it’s so amazing. My S3’s Siri was so laggy, I never bothered using it but this one is fast. Btw love the new faces.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Problems! With Apple Watch 5 since OS7 or iOS14?? - No map of workout activity, battery drain and 'This Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone.'

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    I've noticed lately that my route (track) is not recorded after a workout, only the start point appears. This is both with my iphone (in pocket) and without it. The battery drain seems to be higher too than usual, leaving me dead in the evening, when I go to do my run. Since getting the watch last February, I've never really had it go dead. Also I noticed in the Health app, in my Profile, under Devices there are 2 Apple watches listed with the same name. The one that is actually collecting the data ironically says, 'This Apple Watch in no longer paired with this iPhone.' The other one has no data.

    I see others have had similar problems. Some have reported that it must be an iOS14 problem as they have older Apple Watchs that don't have OS7. Some are missing Heart rate data too.

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251214013?answerId=252434961022#252434961022

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250687422

    The battery drain is the biggest problem. The other stuff I can live without. Still, for the money, it should all work flawlessly.

    Apple's suggested 'fix' involves; wiping the phone and the watch, and restoring and repairing them. I ain't got the time or the iCloud space for that and others have said it doesn't work anyway.

    Anyone else in the same boat? Check your latest run/walk in the FITNESS APP and see if there's a map there. How many Apple watches do you have in DEVICES in the HEALTH APP (tap on you name on the top right)

    submitted by /u/paulyporu
    [link] [comments]

    Third-party sport loop question / in comments /

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Apple Watch S5 not sending all activity data to iPhone XS Max?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:22 AM PDT

    Is anyone else having issues with their Apple Watch S5 not sending all activity data to their iPhone? I have iOS 14.0.1 on my XS Max and WatchOS 7.0.1 on my S5. In both Fitness and Health on my phone the data is not complete, missing workouts, complete step counts, and stand hours are missing. It's frustrating that this data is missing.

    submitted by /u/ganzhimself
    [link] [comments]

    For all new S4 S5 S6 first time owners

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Here's a tip from when the S4 first came out which is still valid and just as obscure today as it was two years ago.

    If you're taking a heart measurement the watch checks every 3-5 seconds. If you put your thumb on the digital crown it pulls a reading every second.

    submitted by /u/katsumiblisk
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best feature that AW as to offer & you can’t live without daily? (Activity tracking aside)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:14 AM PDT

    Series 5 Apple Watch (gps+cellular) watch activity won't sync with Iphone 8plus

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    As the title says - my watch shows my workouts (cycling, weight training, etc.), but it seems like the workout never makes back to my phone. The activity app on my phone shows the amount of time I spent doing the workout as exercise, but it doesn't show the actual workout activity (cycling, weight training etc.).

    What's more is the problem seems to be sporadic - sometimes the activity makes it onto my phone but other times it does not.

    Both devices are completely up to date with firmware and have both recently been restarted.

    I have tried most of the usual fixes and have even recently unpaired and paired my watch again and restored the watch from a backup...the issue still persists.

    Has anyone else experienced this recently or have any recommendations? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/OGBoosh
    [link] [comments]

    Are AutoSleep + Related Apps still worth it?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Hello, After using the Apple sleep tracking I am looking into using another sleep tracking app to look at more references. I see a lot of recommendations for AutoSleep and some recommending the app bundle as well. However, Most info I read was a little over a year old. With iOS7 I don't really see a need for AutoWake as the function is built in. I was also wondering if Heart Watch is still worth the price as well? Also are there now better alternatives or is AutoSleep still widely renowned as the best?

    TLDR: with WatchOS7 is the AutoSleep still the best? Is the bundle worth it?

    submitted by /u/Dr_Otacon
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch does not respond to first touch

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    My apple watch often doesn't respond to the first touch. I've had it replaced and set up as new rather than from a backup up but the behaviour does not change. It's very frustrating.

    One other point I've noticed is that the watch does not get backed up to the cloud. If I check under iPhone storage > Watch, I never see a backup there (I used to see a very old one which I had returned then deleted it a while ago)

    Any ideas what can be causing this? Anyone else with the same issue?

    submitted by /u/drumrolll
    [link] [comments]

    I know the hand-washing function has been derided as gimmicky, but I've found it to be an effective tool.

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:20 AM PDT

    I know I'm washing longer and I like the reminder when I return home, too. The graphic is admittedly cutesy, but for the most part I just feel the haptics and don't even look at the countdown.

    submitted by /u/ryanasimov
    [link] [comments]

    Still loving my Fog Sports Band with my new AW S6 ��

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 11:54 PM PDT

    Apple is going to repair (dead pixels) my out-of-warranty S4 for free!!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    So, here's the story of why I freakin' love Apple!!

    A couple of days ago I bought a used S4 44mm aluminium from eBay (UK) for £180. It had a few hairline scratches on the screen, nothing major, 99% battery health, all seemed fine. As I started using it, I noticed this bright blue blotch on the screen, visible only against colours, like this. Contacted Apple Support via chat, spoke with someone who confirmed that the watch is out of warranty and I would need to pay for a repair. I thought that it's definitely not worth it, so I gave up.

    Later that day, I was reading up about consumer law and thought might as well chat to Apple again and try my luck. Started a new chat and spoke with a guy who said he was unaware of repairs under consumer law and he would pass me on to a senior member of staff. Senior guy asked for the S/N and came back and said "Good news, the watch is still in warranty!!" I said I doubt that because everywhere I checked (watch itself, check coverage website) says it's out of warranty. So he checks again and apologises as he realised he read the date of purchase wrong. But he also says "I got you covered, we will fix it for free as an one time courtesy!" So he asks me to unpair the watch, confirm shipping address and sets up the mail-in repair.

    I still can't believe it, and until I have a new watch on my wrist I have low level anxiety that something will go wrong, but damn that's good customer service!!

    ;tldr Got out-of-warranty Apple Watch S4 from eBay with dead pixels, Apple will repair it for free.

    submitted by /u/iridako
    [link] [comments]

    Intentionally leaving a 'hole' in Grid View apps arrangement.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    I used to be able to leave holes in grid view, but I can't seem to do it anymore. Is this the new normal behavior of new WatchOS? I guess I have to use List View now.

    Something like what this person did but not as extreme.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/a78x0l/optimized_grid_view_organize_by_category_clusters/

    submitted by /u/KimWiko
    [link] [comments]

    After just 3 weeks, I gave up on the Solo Loop

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    I measured my size exactly how Apple indicated to do so and I did it several times before finally purchasing to make sure that it was accurate. It definately needs to be just a tad smaller to fit just right as the recommended size is just not there. Unfortunately Apple will not let you just return the band, even though they separated the packaging for what seemed like the reason to do so! Instead you have to return both the watch and the band together which is rediculous.

    Anyways even if they did allow a swap on just the band, I wouldn't do it. Putting it on and off isn't that pleasant and I can only imagine getting a smaller size would be harder. Apple has already admitted that it will "stretch over time" so I'm not trying to force expand it as much as I can each and every time. And sometimes the watch face will flip over my wrists...so this band sucks really.

    Silver lining to my 42mm Series 3 that broke just this past August is that the sports band fits 44mm as well. Going back to that band on this new watch has been great. I even sold the Solo Loop on the side and made some money.

    TL;DR: The Solo Loop sucks, just get the regular sports band

    submitted by /u/spolo85
    [link] [comments]

    She’s a Thing of Beauty!

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel