• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 8, 2020

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 08]

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 08]


    Daily iOS Support Thread - [October 08]

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily iOS support thread for /r/iOS.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the si[Tech Support FAQ page]()debar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Check our Tech Support FAQ page

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    iOS14 makes for the best way to watch the debate

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Google photos refuses limited photo access (iOS 14 feature)

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:33 AM PDT

    Best Browser?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and I'm struggling to find a comfortable browser. Safari seems fine, chrome.. sucks

    Are there any other good browsers?

    submitted by /u/FatalityPhase_
    [link] [comments]

    Open in new tab gone on iPadOS 14? I know about the two finger tap but it’s impractical as many links are too short. Also idk about you guys but my middle finger is longer than my index finger so tapping with my two fingers stuck together isn’t an ergonomic gesture. Also annoying if using a mouse

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    iMessage Review Large Attachments

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    I was looking at my iPhone storage (Settings > General > iPhone Storage ), and one of the options is to "Review Large Attachments." This presumably shows attachments from Messages that are taking up a lot of space on your iPhone.

    What's interesting is that many of the attachments that are available for me to delete are no longer present in the Messages app. I keep Messages cleaned out (to a fault), deleting threads as soon as I'm done with a conversation. Currently, I have 3 threads in the Messages app, none of which go back farther than a month. Those three threads contain a total of two photos.

    Yet under "Review Large Attachments," I see photos that were sent via text message over 2 years ago. These photos were not saved to my iPhone, and the messages in which they were received have long since been deleted from my phone. I would've never known these photos were taking up space on my phone had I not visited this obscure section of Settings.

    Any idea what causes these attachments to linger in the phone's storage once a message has been deleted?

    submitted by /u/PocketSidewalk
    [link] [comments]

    App Clips

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Alright let's make a list of App Clips that work so far and the link for it ? And keep updating it

    submitted by /u/Illustrious_Simple43
    [link] [comments]

    Magnets app lets you create collaborative photo widgets with your friends on iOS 14

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:09 AM PDT

    Ios 14. I noticed messages is accessing my camera when I'm not using it. Anyone else notice this happening?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    (Discussion) Do you think there should be a toggle for the notifications to stay at the top until you dismiss them manually?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    How To Build A Booking Taxi App Like Uber? A Complete Guide

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    Rotating photos in iOS 14 is finally logical - or is it?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 09:57 AM PDT

    So I noticed that FINALLY apple has brought an update that makes my life easier.

    Backstory: I take a lot of photos on my iphone to move them to my ipad pro and there finalize them in a movie with Lumafusion. To be in the apple ecosystem is a delight because with airdrop I can literally send and export hundreds of photos and videos in relatively short time.

    Now what aaaaalways annoyed me are 2 things:

    1. airdrop randomly won't work / some live photos can't be sent.

    2. although I am very very carefull to snap my pics and videos horizontally (as the movie is going to be), for some reason, iOS randomly turns and saves most pics vertically. So when I'm creating my album and before I airdrop those pics, I sometimes need half an hour to sort through and turn pics horizontal again. It's a pain. What ALWAYS aggrevated my hatred of having to do this for each and every photo (we're talking dozens, sometimes hundreds of pics), is Photos in iOS allows only to rotate right, not left.

    So for each photo I need to do: 1. select photo 2. press edit 3. press crop tool 4. rotate right 5. save changes

    the 4th step I had to do 3 times to have the pic in the orientation it was taken in. So in order to turn and save a randomly rotated photo, i had to tap at least 7 times (if you count selecting the photo as well).

    Now, in iOS 14 there is finally a rotate left button.

    I'm so happy, I could almost cry.

    I won't though. would it have been the end of the world to give us both buttons? Why rotate pictures randomly in the first place? why does it do that? is there a setting for it? a user-hack ("do this and every photo will be horizontal")?

    any helpfull input will be much appreciated!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/furiusfu
    [link] [comments]

    Nice job iOS 14 !

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel