• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    Apple TV Youtube 4K - Please stop it guys!

    Apple TV Youtube 4K - Please stop it guys!


    Youtube 4K - Please stop it guys!

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Absolutely tired of seeing this nonsense continuously! Mods please please create a mega thread for all YT 4k related issues, discoveries and eureka moments!

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/notabot_123
    [link] [comments]

    Disney movies now available in 4K

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    I was scrolling through my iTunes purchases on my Apple TV and realized my avengers end game is now available to watch in 4K! It's been forever Disney movies weren't available in 4K! Glad that's over!

    submitted by /u/Silentnoonkilla
    [link] [comments]

    This method finally fixed Youtube 4k

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:18 AM PDT

    I have tried rebooting, resetting the app, deleting the app to no success.

    BUT, when I simply signed-out of my account, skipped signing back in and then going straight to a 4k video, suddenly it just works. (Perhaps forcing to clear out a static flag somewhere?)

    After that I was able to login correctly, and thus far I still have 4k working!

    UPDATE: After force quitting the app 4k stops working.

    The only way I have found so far that provides reliable 4k support is to not login at all. (Terrible solution...)

    UPDATE 2: The easiest workaround I have found so far when you loose 4k support after an app crash/shutdown is to select the Guest user then play a legit 4k video, then you can select your normal user and have 4k support again (This way there is no need to logout, and save you a couple of seconds/steps)

    I think it is safe to say that this error is caused by an account management bug, so should be easy to fix. (You're welcome Google!)

    Info:

    tvOS 14.0.2

    YouTube 2.05.01.00

    Country: Sweden (Info provided in case it is a region based rollout)

    Premium YouTube customer

    Codec used according to "Stats for nerds" VP9 (4k 30fps or 2k 60fps maximum)

    submitted by /u/decalpha_swe
    [link] [comments]

    Considering Apple TV

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I have a Fire TV stick 4k right now, connected to a Dolby Atmos home theater and LG OLED. Any reason I would want to upgrade to the Apple TV apart from the nicer interface? Will I lose something making the switch?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/reaganrocks1982
    [link] [comments]

    Function 101 Remote Impressions

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    I received my new Function 101 remote today and thought I'd share initial impressions for others that were considering it.

    • It worked out of the package with my Apple TV 4K
    • It took about 10 seconds to program power/volume for my TV (I have an LG C7)
    • The buttons feel pretty good and the remote itself is fairly ergonomic (substantially better than the siri remote).
    • Super cool to have dedicated mute and skip 10 seconds buttons
    • Navigation mostly responsive for RF but if you're Johnny Clicker you may notice a little lag occasionally (compared to the original bluetooth remote)

    The order time took about 3 weeks from purchase to arrival. It comes with batteries but I immediately swapped them out for my own. The only draw-back is not being able to use the task switcher which I knew going in. I could care less about Siri or the profile feature. Overall I think it was $30 well spent and if they ever figure out how to do a bluetooth version with task switching I'll happily upgrade.

    submitted by /u/aced411
    [link] [comments]

    Honest opinion: YouTube “4K” on ATV4K is terrible, and I’m pretty disappointed. For those scrambling to get in, you’re not missing much.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    First off: I'm a big Apple fan and this isn't entirely apple's fault. Google's poor handling of 4K is mostly to blame. The hardware can definitely play 4k60HDR via other apps.

    Some of you were likely hyped, like I was, for 4K support in YouTube. The problem is there are some massive limitations I was unaware of that seriously dampen the experience to "meh" territory.... especially if you have seen 4k60 HDR in a chrome browser via a PC.

    -No 4k60 support: most people who care to upload 4K care enough to upload 60FPS. If the video is 4k60 you can only get 1440p60... so tons of "4K" videos won't actually work. I honestly expected 4k60 to fallback to 4k30 and was shocked to see 1440p.

    -no HDR support: now this will depend heavily on your display, but on an OLED the difference is quite frankly night and day. SDR just looks freakin terrible when you've seen what a nice HDR10 source looks like. If the source is in HDR, you get this Frankenstein SDR that honestly just looks garbage. The thumbnail will still tease you however about it being "HDR".

    Honestly I'm hoping Apple releases an HDMI2.1 capable ATV this year with AV1 decode so we can all move past this VP9 nonsense.

    Most importantly: If you are doing a bunch of technical voodoo to try and get in, don't. It's not a whole lot better for most use cases guys. If you have a shiny new 4K (especially OLED) plug in a laptop/PC with HDMI 2.0b and experience 4k60 HDR in chrome (only supported browser for 4K 60hz HDR afaik) and see what I mean.

    submitted by /u/IndefiniteHypoaction
    [link] [comments]

    Another month, another Apple event…

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Will this be the time for new Apple TV hardware?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AdmittedlyDutch
    [link] [comments]

    Apple won't allow you to cancel subscription with dodgy website design

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    Hi

    I just used a free trial of apple tv for a week on a windows device in a google chrome web browser and they say you have to go into settings on the website in order to cancel your subscription. So I sign in, go to settings which pops up briefly but redirects to sign in again and keeps redirecting to sign you in.

    Being unable to access my settings I tried it on my android phone and the exact same thing happened.

    In the end I went to my email from when I signed up and it had a link to unsubscribe. Sounds easy right? Nope, it goes to a page where you have to have downloaded itunes first and then opens itunes. Finally you get to a page on itunes where you can unsubscribe.

    This inability to unsubscribe on the website and convoluted way to unsubscribe seems downright illegal. I have reported it to the ACCC here in Aus. Has anyone had similar issues?

    Video of redirecting

    submitted by /u/ArachnidLong
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube 4K

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    What OS do you have to be on to get this feature? I'm on 14.0.2 or is it only on beta?

    submitted by /u/Psychological_Row_38
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel