• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Apple TV AppleTV 4K screensavers 90% Dubai ?

    Apple TV AppleTV 4K screensavers 90% Dubai ?


    AppleTV 4K screensavers 90% Dubai ?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Why are like 9/10 of my screensaver on AppleTV 4K cities category Dubai or Hong Kong flyovers? I have it set to download daily to try to refresh these.. and it does refresh but with new UAE or Hong Kong flyovers.

    They are very beautiful but does Apple need drone pilots in other parts of the world or something? Maybe a bit more variety?

    submitted by /u/browsethis
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV sending audio to AirPlay Speakers mostly broken for me in tvOS 14

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    AppleTV (HD, not 4K) connected to TV via HDMI, and audio to my soundbar out of the TV via optical.

    In the past I could easily play the audio out of my soundbar, and also to other speakers in the house (say, to hear the game when I head into the kitchen for a few minutes). Under tvOS 13, I had almost zero trouble playing to the HomePod in the kitchen, and the Sonos OneSLs in the Dining Room, simultaneously. Only trouble is that it didn't always sync perfectly.

    With tvOS 14, I can select these and one of two things happens 90% of the time: either I select an AirPlay speaker, and the TV shows that it is playing audio in both places, but sound never comes out of the AirPlay speaker, but continues on the TV, or audio doesn't come out of the AirPlay speaker, and audio stops out of the TV-connected soundbar, while the TV continues to play video, and the UI says both speakers should be playing properly.

    Anyone else seeing this? Anyone found a work around?

    While typing this, I saw that the OS had not yet been upgraded to 14.0.2 from 14.0.0, so I ran that update and retested. As is obvious from this post existing, it did not solve the problem.

    A look at "connected" AirPlay speakers, although no sound's coming out, viewed via Home app

    submitted by /u/GreyTweedHat
    [link] [comments]

    Looking into Apple TV, how does it handle photos?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I am getting completely tired of dealing with the mediocre awful combination of streaming setup I have now (2016 Samsung TV apps, Android TV or Google TV whatever they are calling it this week, and Chromecast).

    I want to switch to an Apple TV 4K since I am an Apple guy and everything always just works properly with their stuff.

    I do have a question about how it handles iCloud photos though. Currently I have iCloud photos enabled and Photo Stream turned off. When I take a photo on my iPhone, I can grab my iPad and that photo is there. If I save a photo on my iPad I can grab my iPhone and it is there.

    Now, if I buy an Apple TV and log in with my Apple ID, does that mean all my photos from my iPhone and iPad will be there and viewable by anyone who uses the Apple TV? This will be a shared household item so I really don't want my iCloud photos accessible on it. I also don't want to completely disable iCloud photos because it is useful on my other devices. Is this optional or have a work around? I've looked around and most of the threads on this topic seem to be a few years old.

    In reality I have absolutely no need/desire to view photos on my TV at all so it would be nice if I could completely remove the app, but knowing Apple I would imagine that isn't possible.

    TLDR: I don't want to anyone using Apple TV to see my iCloud photos but I still want to be able to use my Apple ID and view TV/Movie purchases.

    submitted by /u/doughaway421
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Locator

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    I love my Apple gear, including my Apple TV, but why in the name of all that is holy is there no locator for the Apple TV remote?! Seriously, there's been a locator on iPhone for years, there's a locator on Apple Watch, heck, there's a locator on my AirPods.

    Apple, listen up: I own and love a 4K Apple TV that I will drop like a scalding hot potato the day an Apple TV that includes a remote locator is released. PLEASE make it happen.

    submitted by /u/meatbased
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV prioritizing streaming services for purchased content.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    I've bought several tv shows through iTunes over the years. As they appear on streaming services Apple TV is decided that's where it should stream from, even though the show has been purchased and I launched the show from my Library tab.

    For example, I own the entire series of parks and recreation. After the 5th season Apple TV decided to start streaming it through Peacock. Even if I uninstall Peacock, it still prompts me to download the app to continue streaming. It's done this with a couple other shows.

    Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way to disable it?

    submitted by /u/TheManIsANobody
    [link] [comments]

    App Fatigued

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 03:48 AM PDT

    Remove old AppleTV from iOS control center

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Anyone have any idea how to remove an old AppleTV from the iOS control center? I had a 4K that just stopped working one day. It's still listed in control center with an exclamation mark next to it.

    submitted by /u/pixelbend
    [link] [comments]

    I’m confused! Why are some movies located in 4K using my Mac but not on my actual Apple TV ?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    How to turn on a tv with AppleTV

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    New LG oled 65 inch..AppleTV....using HDMI only.. AppleTV will turn off all, but will not turn the TV on.....must get the LG control to turn it on?. How do O fix this. ?

    submitted by /u/lhemmerich
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV Resolution in AppleTV Music Videos

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Was playing a halloween playlist with videos and "thriller" came up and the video quality is absolutely terrible as was "smooth criminal" and "beat it" (turned into a michael jackson break off. I understand that the 80s obviously didn't have the video tech we have today but I feel like streaming on Youtube is much better quality. Any ideas on this or is a largely fuzzy micheal jackson as good as it gets in 4k HDR on AppleTV?

    submitted by /u/Passage-Extra
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV has a glitch

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    Subtitles Enabled?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    I have 4K 4th generation and since the most recent OS update the subtitles are being re-enabled on their own. This happens mostly in my Hulu app as that's my main streaming series but it has also happened in other apps which leads me to think it's at the OS level. Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/GoodTymeCharles69
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod won’t connect to wired AppleTV

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    My AppleTV is connected to my internet via Ethernet. I am trying to connect it to my HomePod so the audio plays through there. However, my AppleTV can't find my HomePod. It doesn't even come up as an option under audio setting.

    When I unplug the Ethernet cable from my AppleTV and switch the internet connection to WiFI, I am able to successfully connect it to my HomePod.

    My wifi router: Netgear Nighthawk R6700

    Any ideas why my wired AppleTV can't find/connect to my HomePod?

    submitted by /u/dburge1986
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision brightness pumping bug on LG OLED

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I've been watching Hunting of Bly Manor at Netflix and occasionally dark scenes seemed too dark but I didn't pay too much attention and then at some point it was "readjusted" so that the colors and brightness appeared correct again. But when I rewinded to before the readjustment, it was correct. The scene was not too dark anymore. I first thought this might be due to the material itself but this this does not seem to be the reason. Any idea?

    Latest OS on both devices. Talking ATV4K of course.

    submitted by /u/MaKinItRight
    [link] [comments]

    Sony Remote with 4th Gen Apple TV - How to double tap “Home”?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:01 PM PDT

    Hi

    My 4th Gen Apple TV remote broke and my Sony Bravia remote just seemed to work which was good but I don't know how to do the double tap on the Home button. Is there a way to set this up for infrared remotes on Apple TV.

    Thanks!

    (Edited for typo!)

    submitted by /u/KingOfQueens1977
    [link] [comments]

    Apple tv 4k audio sync issues

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    Just bought the apple tv 4k. Have it plugged directly into the vizio oled and earc from tv to vizio elevate soundbar. I have it on 4k sdr with match range and framrate. No sync issues on YouTube or Netflix. The sync issues are on amazon prime, Apple tv plus and iTunes movie rentals. I tried turning off match framrate. Which fixed sync but introduced un watchable stutter. How is this an issue? Why do these apps not sync when you buy a premium streaming device. Any fixes or just return it?

    Update: Switching tv audio mode from direct to auto fixed the problems.

    submitted by /u/TheRheider
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI CEC Just stopped working

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Has anyone ever had the CEC just stop being acknowledged by the Apple TV? I mainly used it for volume control and it was working just fine then not

    submitted by /u/fish1856
    [link] [comments]

    Why are Apple TV+ shows the only shows with trailers?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Is it up to third parties to add them and they don't or something else?

    The TV app is currently promoting an HBO Max movie The Witches with no trailer.

    Borat (Prime Video movie) has no trailer either.

    Only trailers for movies you can buy on iTunes and no TV show trailers except TV+ (iTunes tv shows has lots of trailers)?

    submitted by /u/Actual_Food_1225
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel