• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 25, 2020

    Apple Macbook Thanks for the advice! 2,0ghz, 16GB ram 512GB SSD and a lighter wallet.. But we’re finally in the eco system!

    Apple Macbook Thanks for the advice! 2,0ghz, 16GB ram 512GB SSD and a lighter wallet.. But we’re finally in the eco system!


    Thanks for the advice! 2,0ghz, 16GB ram 512GB SSD and a lighter wallet.. But we’re finally in the eco system!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    Haven't used it in years, but still boots up fine!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    Is it better to Shut Down or Sleep on MBA 2020's?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    What do you do? Thoughts?

    Not sure what's best.

    submitted by /u/thadiusb
    [link] [comments]

    Does a MacBook need a webcam cover

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Paranoid over being watched through my webcam. Is this an issue with MacBooks? I feel safe on my iPhone that I keep the camera open. But on the mac I do worry.

    submitted by /u/sunflowerj0y
    [link] [comments]

    How do I fix this? My sister woke up to this - unsure if it’s been dropped for stepped on.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Giving away a free dbrand macbook air early 2015 carbon fibre skin to whomever is interested. PM me!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Why one of it dont show startup disk?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    This keeps showing up on my screen, even after I exit. Has anyone else got this?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    Highest value model?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    I'd like to know the highest value model since I'm looking for one around $1000. The internals are the most important thing for me, since ill have a docking station most of the time. Im open to purchasing older models of the macbook.

    submitted by /u/luxgratum7x7
    [link] [comments]

    App suggestion? Doesn't have to have earned 140m from Kleiner Perkins to do this basic and helpful thing

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    App suggestion? Doesn't have to have earned 140m from Kleiner Perkins to do this basic and helpful thing

    80m from kp

    basic outline, very important & extremely basic for anything writing

    See https://help.coda.io/en/articles/3904131-page-outlines

    Please send me all things that does this besides gdocs. Need options

    • Should take a simple click or hotkey to have this basic always on top outline
    • All text/doc tools should be able to do this basic thing
    submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2008 upgrade

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I have a 2008 MacBook Air with a failing hard drive. I was curious if anyone ever tried putting an iFlash SD card in there. I have an extra lying around and wondered if that was something that worked for anyone.

    submitted by /u/ZachGoodwin96
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrade from Big Sur to Catalina

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    Hi I was just wondering if there was any was to downgrade from Big Sur to Catalina because Big Sur has many bugs and im kinda tired if the battery only lasting like 2 hours on google meets when before it was like 4

    submitted by /u/ShameJug
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to automate specific software setups?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a way that I can click a shortcut, or type in a command into Alfred or Spotlight to have the following example happen automatically:

    • Close all open windows
    • Open Safari and tile it to the left half of the screen
    • Open MS Word and tile it to the right half of the screen
    • Open Spotify in full screen and put the 'Space' on the left of the desktop
    • Play a specific playlist in Spotify at x% volume
    • Turn on 'Do not disturb'

    Is there a way to do this?

    I'd love to be able to have a few setups for work, browsing, gaming, brainstorming, etc.

    I'm on the Big Sur Beta, MacBook Pro 16" - I have Alfred and Magnet, and am open to purchasing any other third-party software required.

    Thanks, in advance, for any help you can offer!

    submitted by /u/something_something8
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Silicon

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Does anyone have a good idea if the new macbook silicons are going to have student pricing? Also, can someone explain to me what student pricing is? On Apple's website it says you need to be in college, but I heard people in the 7th grade getting a student discount on a macbook, and they went to the Apple Store.

    submitted by /u/Arindom69
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth upgrading?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    I have a 13 inch early 2015 MacBook pro and I've been thinking of upgrading for a while now. Is it worth it? Or should I wait until Apple launches one of their new ARM macs?

    submitted by /u/Kha0ticyakuza
    [link] [comments]

    How long does your early 2015 MacBook pro take to start?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    I've heard my early 2015 MacBook pro since 2016, and I recall that startup time (from pressing the power button to seeing the login screen) would be under 10 seconds, but for the past month or so, it's about 30 seconds. The apple logo screen with the progress bar seems noticeably slower, and I'm not sure what causing that.

    I've done things like reset my NVRAM, PRAM, boot in safe mode, etc.. and nothing has made it faster, so now I'm actually wondering if my memory is correct (i.e., if it really started in under 10 seconds in the past or if I'm just misremembering).

    I also had my battery replaced last month, but the startup slowness was present prior to that as well. I've also noticed that my computer seems to be a bit slower than before. Would a factory reinstall help?

    submitted by /u/orioncygnus1
    [link] [comments]

    2017 MacBook Air not powering on

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:30 PM PDT

    Hello! Desperate for help with my MacBook air, which previously worked great, have never dropped or spilled liquid on it. Last month it would occasionally take slightly longer than usual to turn on once I opened it up. A few days later, it would not turn on at all when opened up. I left it to charge for a bit, then still nothing. I left it closed and a few hours later, I hear it randomly turn on (while closed) and see the cover's Apple logo light up - computer worked normally.

    This would repeatedly happen every few days, until finally wouldn't turn on at all. Made an appointment at Apple store - of course once I get there it turns on as normal. They ran some tests and couldn't find any issues with hardware or anything else obvious. The employee also did an SMC reset and nvRAM reset.

    Computer works fine for a few days, then repeated the same issue again. Was back and forth on the phone with apple support, nothing helped to turn it back on again. Eventually turned back on once I left it alone (again while in the closed position). Got back on the phone with support, who guided me through checking some things (can't remember what, but everything turned out to be already correct). Finally determined that I was still using High Sierra, and helped me update to Catalina.

    Every since updating to Catalina, everything was perfect! ... until today. Once again won't power on. Would really love to hear anyone's ideas - have already tried SMC reset and about a million different ways to press & hold the power button. Power cord connects and lights up, and whenever the computer finally decides to power on, the battery percentage is almost fully charged. Next step according to Apple is to drop off the laptop with them for 1 week+, but as a student who takes exams on my laptop, I really can't do that, especially not with the guarantee they'll find the issue since it's so intermittent :(

    submitted by /u/dogpetter8888
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Macbook Air a1466 stopped working, this is what I did so far.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    My 2015 Macbook Air model a1466 stopped working one day after I woke up the next morning.

    I tried charging the laptop. Charge light went from orange to green: still doesn't turn on.

    I tried pushing Shift+ Ctrl+ Opt+ Power button method: still doesn't turn on.

    I tried holding the power button for 10 secs to a minute before and after plugging in the charger: laptop charges but still doesn't turn on.

    I bought the recommended screwdriver kit (1.2, T5, etc) and removed the back of the laptop. Brushed and cleaned the logic board and battery pack, removed and re-plugged the battery connection, ssd card, lcd screen connection: still doesn't turn on.

    I then removed and replugged the battery pack: Still doesn't turn on.

    I am now planning to attempt to remove and replug the logic board, however, the corrosion indicator light is NOT red. So I don't think there is a water damage problem.

    What do you think is the problem? If anyone has experienced and fixed this what did you do? Also, as a broke college student, if I did have to replace some parts, how much is it going to cost me at the end of the day?

    submitted by /u/myintrospective
    [link] [comments]

    MBA 2020 i5 vs i3? (8 GB RAM) {student}

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    So I want to buy a MacBook Air 2020 for making Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, surfing the web and sometimes Netflix. I may even need to use MS teams and sometimes Zoom. I'm a med student and don't want to do any heavy work on my MBA. I also have an iPad Air for Netflix and making notes.

    I've read so many reviews talking about the heating issues with MBA so I decided I'd get the i5 (I literally dont know anything about computers just seemed logical lol) but then I read more reviews stating that i5 heats up even more.

    I'm kind of okay with the MacBook heating up a bit because my previous MacBook did the same. I just don't want it to lag while doing these basic tasks. Also really really don't feel like splurging on Pro unless I really need to. Please help me decide if the MBA will be fine for the above tasks and if I should get the i5?

    submitted by /u/Hey_here
    [link] [comments]

    So, I spilled something

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    For reference, my mac is a 2020 macbook air with the new keyboard :)

    Last night while reaching for a book, I accidentally knocked a glass of Diet Dr. Pepper onto my macbook. It was probably 1/5 or less of a normal glass worth of liquid, but it spilled directly onto the keyboard and a little bit into the crack between the screen and keyboard. Freaking out, I mopped up as much as possible right when it happened and tried to do everything I could... the screen continued to work for a while, so I turned it off.. and then turned it back on like a dumbass.. turned it off again, and eventually it wouldn't turn on. I tried to press pretty hard on the keys to get the liquid to come up through the cracks and that worked for a while.. eventually I decided to just let it sit with the power off. I didn't know how to place it so I alternated between tent position/upside down closed up a paper towel in between the screen/keyboard.

    Again, like a dumbass, I tried to turn it on about 2 hours later. I started hearing this faint clicking noise repeatedly, but nothing turned on, so I held the power button again and it stopped. Left it to sit again for about 22 hours (24 hours total now). I just tried to turn it on and still the clicking sound, no luck. It's sitting again.

    Am I screwed? I probably made every mistake but I was panicked. What can I do? Is there any way to save it? Please help :(

    submitted by /u/Unkerse
    [link] [comments]

    The Story Behind Apple Succes is unbelievable, how and why apple is the biggest company in the world with over $200 billion

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    Macbookpro 16inch Lid Problem

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Whenever I fully close the lid of my MacBook it keeps the screen on. When I close the lid slowly I can see that the screen goes of at a certain angle but comes back on when the lid is fully closed. Do any of you guys have a solution.

    submitted by /u/Legendofwario
    [link] [comments]

    Dead USB C ports on 2016 Touch Bar model

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. UsbC used to not work during high use (gaming or coding), i usually let my Mac cool for a few hours and it works again. My laptop works perfectly fine otherwise.

    A month ago, usbc completely died. Laptop charge died and I can't use my laptop anymore. I took it to Mac outpost (authorized apple service) and they charged 140$ to do "diagnostics". I paid since Apple store had backlog and no available dates. A month later I get a call from them. They say the usb c birds need replacing, 80$ parts cost and 250$ labour cost. I was happy until he said there is a chance it may not work after the replacement in which case I may need a full logic board replacement for 800$, total overall cost of 1300$ "potentially". I was furious. Why charge 140$ for "diagnostics" and not be able to give accurate and certain "diagnostics". I found appointments at the Apple store so I'm taking my laptop there.

    My question is, will Apple actually help me in anyway? Laptop is out of warranty, I've had it for 3 years. I'm fine with paying cost of repair and it will likely be less than macoutpost but if they suggest a straight up logic board replacement (800$) , should I do it or buy a new laptop? What have others experienced?

    submitted by /u/youjustgotpwnd4
    [link] [comments]

    looking at getting a macbook, wondering what you would recommend with a budget of 1000$ aud/ 700$ usd

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    was looking at 2016 macbook 12" and 2017 macbook air but what are your thoughts people? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SirCartyAirrr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel