• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Apple Macbook MBA or MBP?( 2020)

    Apple Macbook MBA or MBP?( 2020)


    MBA or MBP?( 2020)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I recently purchased the i5 MacBook Air as it has double the storage of the MacBook Pro at the same price and is lighter, (since I carry it with me all day at uni). However today in a simple Google Meet my computer began to have some serious thermal issues and I began to wonder whether or not the Pro option is better. Since I bought it recently, I can switch for no extra cost, so, should I sacrifice storage for power?

    submitted by /u/ydoweshare
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell my 2019 MacBook Pro 13.3 inch 8GB for 16GB?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    I was just given a FREE 2019 MBP 13.3 inch (2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 512gb, 8gb).

    Anyway, so far loving the machine. However, I realized that the 8gb ram might become obsolete and unusable in a couple of years? Should I sell this MacBook Pro, and get the maximum resell value now and upgrade to a 16gb 2020 MBP? So far the 8gb has caused me no problems. I'm a software engineering seeking employment, but on my personal laptop, I basically do web surfing, some online coding practice, and word document editing.

    However, that may change in the future when I start doing medium sized coding projects. So in order to do that I may have to future-proof the machine now. I can always just upgrade later but I figured if I sell now I would get the highest resell value as opposed to some years down the line?

    What do you guys think? Keep? or sell and upgrade?

    submitted by /u/amazing-tony
    [link] [comments]

    Is the MX Master 3 worth it for my needs? (External monitor setup, iOS Development)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Sup y'all, anyone have any experience with my particular question? I'm a computer science student aspiring to be an iOS developer (also keeping my goals open to all sorts of development). I love the trackpad of my 2019 15 inch MBP, but I also come from a desktop background and prefer the feeling of a real mouse.

    Some of my minor annoyances so far are the lack of precision when operating within Xcode and its numerous amounts of windows and buttons, as well as the travel from my MBP screen to my desktop screen. The travel is honestly not too bad, I get to where I want to be in about 3-4 drags but it does get cumbersome in long sessions (especially any operations that require quickly hopping between the two screens). I really enjoy flipping between windows using the trackpad gesture and was wondering if that is supported on the MX3.

    Is the $100 price tag worth it? I'm on my desktop all day long due to attending school via Zoom and COVID. Any insight would be gladly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/NORCAL_SPARK
    [link] [comments]

    Guys can you please help me I cannot open google chrome

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Need to duel-boot windows. Should I upgrade?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:27 PM PDT

    I have a newish MacBook pro. For my work I need to duel boot windows on it so I am thinking about upgrading the internal storage.

    Is this recommended? How much might it cost?

    submitted by /u/EntireLead
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi not working. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    MBP - Live Music

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    I'm thinking about buying a refurbished 2019 MacBook Pro "16 i9 w/ 2.3 ghz (8 Cores) for live music use. My concern is that Omnisphere 2 specifies a req. of 2.4 ghz.

    Would this MBP with 16gb RAM and 2 TB SSD have enough power to handle Omnisphere 2, KeyScape, Ableton, and MainStage?

    submitted by /u/Mind_yo_own
    [link] [comments]

    My mac freezes when i turn it on, please help

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    So i dont use a bluetooth keyboard or any bluetooth extentions but when my mac turns off and i turn it back on say within 10 minutes ( it doesnt ask me for my login bc i have that set for every 4 hours as i am only working from home) but when i click the power it turns on but it is frozen and comes up with a screen saying " bluetooth keyboard not connected" and i cant move my mouse or keyboard for like 2 minutes, if anyones knows a fix i would be veyr appreciateive

    submitted by /u/tylerleith04
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my MBA '20 say Flash Storage when it shold be SSD?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Help with Photos Exporting Unedited Pictures (Bug)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    After years of doing this correctly, Photos stated exporting half of my images as unedited. I have reproduced the problem several times now and made sure I did not click "export unmodified". Anyone know how to fix this?

    I've tried creating a new Photos library then going back to the old one with no luck.

    Operating High Sierra on a 2017 Macbook Air. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/radishghost
    [link] [comments]

    Preventing the MacBooks Pro and Air (2019) from unlocking when lid is closed

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how to prevent a MacBook from unlocking (with Apple Watch) when the lid is closed?

    I have two MacBooks and the one that isn't being used keeps unlocking because my Apple Watch is within range even when the lid is closed and not in use. The MacBook is not connected to any devices or power when this happens either. This is really frustrating as I couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

    What typically wakes it are calendar and reminder notifications I have in my calendar application, Fantastical. I've already turned on Do Not Disturb and unchecked all notifications for the application and I'm out of ideas.

    Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/wuwoot
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook making noises and slowing down

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Rocking a 2012 macbook, its performance is real bad lately, is it time for an upgrade?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    I'm currently rocking a macbook pro 20212 15 inch, 500gb storage, 4gb memory

    Its been a bit slow over the last few years but not enough to trouble me that much, however lately for work and leisure I have been using the following apps on it and the combination of said apps has really put a dent in my computers performance:

    - photoshop

    - blender

    - logic pro/garageband

    - chrome

    I have a drawing tablet/second screen linked up to it pretty much continuously nowadays, and I think the combination of all these apps/extensions what have you are pushing the computer to its absolute limit, load times are huge, I get random freezes, I have to force shutdown a lot because I get so frustrated at the endless color wheel, even at startup a lot of the time it takes around 20 minutes to get into a reasonable flow

    So yeah I think I know the answer but this is most likely an issue because of the age of my macbook right? i'd rather not have to purchase a newer model if theres a way I can troubleshoot these issues but as it is I'm guessing its time for a long overdue upgrade? Thanks for reading if you have any insight please let me know

    submitted by /u/curlymole
    [link] [comments]

    Buy the new MBP 2020 or wait for the new release next year?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm really struggling to decide if I should wait for the new MBP or purchase the 13" MBP 2020. I'm a student and currently have a MacBook Air 2015 edition and it works perfectly fine.. just due an upgrade. Should I wait until next years university offer? Or just purchase the current one.. opinions!

    submitted by /u/yellowchlo
    [link] [comments]

    Take Notes and annotate on MBP (like on iPad Pro)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Are there any apps that you can use to take notes on your MacBook pro? I know iPad is far ahead in terms of note-taking with apps like Goodnotes but is there some way I can get some of that experience to the macbook pro?

    submitted by /u/Mr-Appleeye
    [link] [comments]

    which upgrades to macbook pro 16in 2020

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Hey y'all my computer just broke </3 so I'm about to put in an order for a new MacBook pro. I'm currently a college student (music and econ double major) going to law school next year and not sure if I should upgrade it with more storage etc. I do a lot of recordings, music editing, and podcasting. I need it for general school work (a lot of writing, editing and downloading files/textbooks) but also need it for work (consulting).

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/icouldgoforpancakes
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2012 battery change

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    Hello! Just joined here to ask a quick question. I own a 2012 Macbook Pro which has been running perfectly. However, I think the battery drains a bit too quick compared to my friends newer models. I checked the settings and it says the battery condition is "normal". How much does a new battery cost? And does changing it to such an old machine actually do any good? Thanks in advance for any responses!

    submitted by /u/Andymeisteir
    [link] [comments]

    crack at the bottom of MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    crack at the bottom of MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

    Hi,There is a crack at the bottom part of my MacBook Pro screen. (attached image)
    crack is only there at the bottom bezel and not on the screen. It is working fine, but sometimes I see a very thin vertical line on the screen along the crack (I don't have issues with the line, just worried that it shouldn't spread to mess up the entire display)I have applied clear nail paint to the crack. I am being very careful now and keeping the Macbook in a steady position all the time.Wanted to know if I can do anything else to prevent the crack from spreading / prevent my screen display from getting messed up?And also, if I keep taking good care of it, will the screen keep working fine without any issues?

    https://preview.redd.it/f4iz2tem3hr51.png?width=2454&format=png&auto=webp&s=b81b245fb8790207ade1bbd59376fb21b80e04d1

    submitted by /u/Snoo-67631
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading storage for Macbook Air mid 2013 model (a1466). Is any m.2 ssd compatible?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    I've been doing some research, most of the time (if not all), I keep seeing that they're using Aura SSD. Is it the only m.2 ssd compatible?

    submitted by /u/imthecapedbaldy
    [link] [comments]

    Overheating, then wifi cuts out on MacBook Air Early 2015 (i7, 8GB)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:31 AM PDT

    I've had this Early 2015 MacBook Air 2015 for a while now (got it second hand last year) and I realized that it works fine during normal use, but whenever I run something "intensive" like Discord video calls or some mild 3D gaming, the machine gets really hot and the wifi will intermittently cut out. I replaced the really old thermal paste and cleaned the fan and I still get the same issue. I understand this MacBook isn't very powerful but I know it shouldn't be doing this.

    Curiously, when I plug in a power adapter and connect it to a monitor (clam shell mode, but I keep the lid open for air flow), everything seems to run fine. Even Discord video chatting with a bunch of people will not cause the laptop fans to run, overheat, or the wifi to cut out. Is it perhaps a battery issue? It is pretty old after all.

    submitted by /u/Bobularsponge
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel