• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Apple Help I rebuilt my first Apple Watch!! I know you guys might not care but I'm real proud :)

    Apple Help I rebuilt my first Apple Watch!! I know you guys might not care but I'm real proud :)


    I rebuilt my first Apple Watch!! I know you guys might not care but I'm real proud :)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:06 PM PDT

    2014 MacBook went in for a battery repair, came out with no harddrive?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    I loved Apple up until this point. I sent my 2014 MacBook Pro to get repaired by Apple for a battery that was no longer holding a charge. The store associate confirmed that the laptop was working outside of the bad battery but couldn't repair it in store.

    So we sent it out and I was told my laptop had fraying in the SSD. I opted out of the repair since I thought well it was working otherwise and I guess I can just repair the battery myself. So I rejected the repair quote since it would be a total of $700 to get my laptop back.

    But upon arrival. It doesn't boot. Open recovery, look at disk, my harddrive is no longer being read. Call Apple, tell them that my laptop doesn't boot and has no harddrive. They tell me they didn't touch the laptop or replace anything and that it was dead on arrival, but I have proof they replaced my top case and that it was working otherwise prior to sending it in.

    Did anyone else go through this or am I SOL and have to pay the $700 to get my laptop working despite it working perfectly before I sent it in? I'm heading to the Apple store right now to talk to the associate I had do the initial walkthrough.

    Edit : To clarify, I wasn't charged in the end. I spent about an hour with Apple Support on the phone and that's where the whole fiasco happened.

    My friend told me to just go to the Apple Store and meet with the Genius Bar, and so I did. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. The Genius Bar Associate took my laptop, disassembled it, noted that it was on their end that someone messed up, talked with his coworkers and got a manager to sign off on a free repair.

    submitted by /u/wonnie1e
    [link] [comments]

    How do I get rid of the tab at the bottom? Thanks.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:41 PM PDT

    iphone blacklist issues

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    i recently bought a iphone 8 off of my friend. the works worked and still works perfectly fine but i searched up a imei test to see how old the phone was and it told me my phone was blacklisted. my friend sent me a screenshot of her find my iphone and the phone isn't listed in there. pls help me find why my phones blacklisted

    submitted by /u/human0101010
    [link] [comments]

    How to block calls from *67 callers?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    I have an iPhone 10 max. I blocked a certain caller. This caller is getting past my iPhone block by using *67 to mask the number. Therefore, the call still comes through as "no caller ID."

    Is there any way to block such that *67 calls can't come through? It seems pretty useless to me that even if you block a number, they can still call you, leave messages, etc.

    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/zhsjaksc
    [link] [comments]

    New to Apple in general

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:23 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm new to Apple and recently got an old mini in order to get to know my way around Mac's as I need to do so for my work in IT support.

    I have a question that seems to have different answers everywhere I look on line.

    Question is: should I install an antivirus or anti malware, is it needed or is it just companies trying to make money of you.

    submitted by /u/ComplexWitness
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a virus?

    Posted: 07 Oct 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    I came back to my open mac and saw this popup, I had firefox open and a couple other applications.

    I don't remember installing anything weird or suspicious. I it is bad, how do I get red of it?

    Edit: this is same thing but answer isn't clear

    submitted by /u/FLUFL
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to turn this thing off when being directed from a app? I notice it a lot when opening app shortcuts and it’s getting annoying

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    Mac OS Deep sleep

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    I can't figure out how to stop a 2019 13" MacBook Pro from going to deep sleep. One user I support has to press the power button on her laptop to wake it up. I've checked all the power settings, reset the SMB, pram, booted into safe mode, replaced the keyboard and track Pad and even gave her a brand new device. She is running 10.15.7. Other users are not having this issue. The only thing I haven't replaced yet is the LG 5k monitor. Her older 2017 13" never had this problem. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/iamluvinlife
    [link] [comments]

    MY IPHONE 6s's SERIAL NUMBER IS NOT BEING ACCEPTED!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    When I submit the Serial Number for my iPhone 6s it tells me that It was invalid. I have tried multiple times and even tried on another device. Please help. I have checked the spelling and everything.

    submitted by /u/Annual_Friendship_77
    [link] [comments]

    Dark shadow at the bottom left of screen just randomly appeared. How can I fix this since my iPhone 11 is out of warranty???

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Mail App: How to move e-mail to the spam folder if it tries to connect to a ".top" domain ?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Hi all

    I've noticed every junk e-mail I receive tries to connect to a .top domain.

    So I'm looking for a rule which would automatically move any e-mail to the spam folder if it tries to download an image (or whatever) from a website ending in ".top".

    Can this be done with Mail's rules?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TuckerMcInnes
    [link] [comments]

    Apple adapters and thunder port headphones

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:12 PM PDT

    Hello, I have run through 3 apple headphone adapters in the past year or so and just bought a pair of the headphones with a thunder port adapter at the end. How can I make it last as long as possible? I only really use it for walks and while I'm at work I wrap them in a circle around my hand and put them in my pocket. I'm not sure why I blow through adapters so quickly but I'm hoping to make this pair of headphones last longer so any advice would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SBcitizen
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone has said this for a while and I don’t know why

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    Netflix on 2010 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    I recently Upgraded my 20/10 Polycarbonate MacBook. however when I went on Netflix I noticed that I kept getting an error code telling me that I need to download a certain Microsoft application in order to watch or stream. When I go to download Microsoft Silver light I get an error telling me that it's in on compatible with my computer what can I do. It is running macOS High Sierra and I use Safari.

    submitted by /u/Omie454
    [link] [comments]

    2020 Imac Jitters every few seconds when bluetooth headphones connected.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    Every few seconds my Imac will jitter / freeze for a few hundred milliseconds and then once it resumes, if I was typing it will repeat the last pressed key for however long it was frozen for if that makes sense. The audio also cuts out on my Bose NC-700's during the jitter.

    CPU & Mem are well below max.

    Any ideas? It's driving me insane. I think it only happens when I have my headphones playing music through them though not 100% sure.

    submitted by /u/Hasterb
    [link] [comments]

    What do you do with the proprietary SSD after you upgrade it?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1TB SSD but am wondering what to do with the SSD that came with my early 2015 macbook pro. I want to get an enclosure so I can use it like an external hard drive but not really sure what kind of options there are, because the more research I do it seems like the head of the proprietary SSD is different from the standard SATA or NVMe head of most SSD enclosures.

    submitted by /u/Beyond-Science
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to extract data from my dead MacBook Air 2015...which hard drive adapter do I need to read the hard drive??

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have a early 2015 MacBook Air that died on me so I took it in the Apple store, sent it in for repair, it ended up needing a logic board replacement. Not paying $500 for that so I had it sent back unrepaired. Unfortunately I hadn't backed up any of my data and desperately want to get it back. So I watched a few YouTube videos and while I'm not tech savvy when it comes to hardware it seems easy enough. I've taken out my hard drive, now it seems I just need to plug my hard drive into an adapter, and plug that adapter into my new Mac to access my old files. BUT I literally cannot figure out which adapter(or I keep seeing a hard drive "case"??) I need to read my hardrive.

    Can someone please hep me with this? I tried calling Apple but even the guy on the line couldn't tell me, and I tried making a Genius Bar appointment but they literally have no appointments available at any Apple stores in my city anymore, which is weird.

    submitted by /u/justheretochill12
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody know why this has happened? I started it myself, but it hasn’t moved one bit in half a year. How can I fix it?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    AirPods not working in both ears and this… (info in comments)

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    iPhone XR FaceTime battery

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    I'm on an iPhone XR with 99% maximum capacity of battery. FaceTime drains my battery ridiculously fast. A 10 minute call takes down about 10% battery and for a phone like this that shouldn't be happening. Is my phone faulty or is this supposed to happen?

    submitted by /u/OblivionWizard7
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the pictures on my laptop seem to be double counted in the storage?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    Charged my iPhone X on a wireless charger overnight, woke up to the “iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes” message

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 02:41 PM PDT

    Exactly what the title says, I placed my phone on my desk to charge overnight and woke up to it being completely locked. I've tried restarting it and plugging it into my computer and nothing is working.

    Why did this happen and is there any way that I can fix it without deleting all of my stuff? It's not a jail broken phone.

    submitted by /u/LaiikaComeHome
    [link] [comments]

    Can the other people on my iCloud ever see the pictures I take on my phone?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    I have camera sharing through iCloud off, but is there any other way that they can see the photos I have taken on my own phone? What about if I delete them and delete them from my recently deleted?

    submitted by /u/dude3mv
    [link] [comments]

    Repeated Restarts / Kernel Panic Errors On 15" MacBook Pro

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Since the last six hours, i'm continuously facing a peculiar problem with my 2012 MacBook Pro 15".

    "About This Mac" Details: https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/07a516db-f705-4b43-87bb-4c123d00841c

    The system freezes, and eventually, asks to be restarted. However, the restarts aren't clean - the reboot progress bar reaches say 90%, and then, enters another restart cycle. This continues for 3 to 4 times, untill the system finally restarts - not in safe mode, but in a mode that has disabled all third-party / external kernel tasks (Can't recollect the exact wording of this error). I did manage to copy the "report" that's displayed first though, and i've added it as additional text to this post.

    I've managed to finally boot it up, and am currently backing my data up.

    Could someone please help me figure out what the issue could be?

    Here's the same thread on the Apple Community: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251888785

    And here's the GIST of the error report: https://gist.github.com/asmoani/5de08dd64280410c50ce1482869baebf

    submitted by /u/AsmoAni
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel