• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 20, 2020

    Apple Macbook A few days ago I asked for a 2020 MBP (A2289) keycap-replacement. I ordered new ones on AliExpress, and here is the result.

    Apple Macbook A few days ago I asked for a 2020 MBP (A2289) keycap-replacement. I ordered new ones on AliExpress, and here is the result.


    A few days ago I asked for a 2020 MBP (A2289) keycap-replacement. I ordered new ones on AliExpress, and here is the result.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:49 AM PDT

    Seeking other’s thoughts about the ARM / Intel transition for purchase decision.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm on the fence about buying Intel based MBPs vs. the upcoming ARM based ones. I live in the PH 🇵🇭, and buying MBPs here are rather more expensive than the SRPs (ex. The base model 10th Gen Intel MBP cost about USD 2,100), hence I consider value for money as part of my decision points.

    Laptop Usage: Based on experience, I only find the need to replace my macbooks every 4 to 5 years.

    Typical Work Load: This is the area where I'm curious to know the experience and opinions of others about as most tech reviews are leaning too much on photo / video editing. My work is mostly research based, which typically involves tons of open word documents, pdfs, excel sheets, presentation decks, statistics softwares, and lots and lots of webpages opened. And now that most of us are working from home, add hours and hours of online meeting and chat platforms on the list! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ Haha!

    My concern right now: My current 2015 Macbook Air used to be up to the task for these type of workload before, until last year's Catalina where I have felt it really start to slow down. These days it can barely keep up anymore. Responsiveness is definitely slower and battery life is taking a dive every 3.5-4 hours.

    Additional POV: Also, new Apple releases typically takes about one month to be available here since product announcements, and early availability competition is wild 😂 It typically takes another month or so for most people to get their hands on their preferred Apple device (specs, design, and all).

    Now that we are weeks away from the announcement of Apple Silicon powered Macs, what do you think? Are there others experiencing the around the same decision and situations as well? Do share your thoughts! 👍🏻

    submitted by /u/kingpanther1
    [link] [comments]

    Do current Macbook Pros have issues with delamination of anti-reflective coating on the screen?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    Looking to buy a new macbook pro soon. I was wondering if the current macbooks have the issue where the anti-reflective coating comes off and leaves annoying smudges on the screen? My late 2013 macbook pro is victim to this and it bugs the hell out of me.

    submitted by /u/palazzotings
    [link] [comments]

    If I suspect my current Mac has viruses and issues, would migrating all my stuff to another mac move the viruses also?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    I'm getting a new computer and I suspect my current computer has viruses and software/hardware issues for the following reasons:

    • It's unresponsive and slow (this could be because I have ~2GB of free space and my RAM constantly get close to maxed out)

    • the keyboard doesn't work and it's not due to a mechanical issue. For example the 'R' key doesn't work and after I press it, typing other letters cause the 'R' key to appear. Yes, typing letters causes the wrong letters to appear on the screen I don't even know how this is possible. Also if I press the 'R' key a bunch, like 5 mins later all those R's suddenly appear. I don't know if it's a software or hardware issue but I don't want this to be migrated

    • I've recently started getting this message every time I log on regardless of if I chose 'Allow' or 'Deny'. I don't know why this started.

    • When I connect my Airpods to my mac the sample rate drops to 16kHz and mono. They sound horrible. Worst than a $20 pair of earbuds

    My question: Should I take my mac into Apple to have them repair it and remove any possible malware before migrating everything?

    Malwarebytes says I'm clean but I feel there's at least some software or hardware problem.

    I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) Sierra (10.12)

    Any feedback is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/LemonLimeNinja
    [link] [comments]

    Awful smudges on screen? What are they? How do I get rid of them? I’ve tried everything. [late 2015 model]

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    reliable right angle thunderbolt cable for charging and/or 40 Gb/s data with MBP 2019

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good Thunderbolt 3 cable with one end that is right-angle. I need for either charging (100W) or to hook up to my TS3 Plus (40 Gb/s).

    submitted by /u/imthenachoman
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook doesn't go to sleep when I shut the lid

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Like the title says, my Macbook doesn't go to sleep when I shut the lid anymore. So far I've tried reinstalling MacOS (while keeping data intact) but that didn't fix it. I'm pretty sure all my settings are correct. Any idea what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/oakclassic
    [link] [comments]

    How do I use a Windows laptop as a second monitor for a MacBook?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Is there a way I can use my old dell laptop as a second monitor to my MacBook Pro?

    submitted by /u/1076553438
    [link] [comments]

    my screen suddenly turned black and macbook was not responding, i turned it off and when it was starting up the screen was like this for like a second?? what can be the issue ?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    MacBook or iMac?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:45 PM PDT

    I am a game development student, and I currently have a 2012 non-retina MBP as my computer. It is still a beast considering its age, but the poor quality display and its small size are starting to get to me.

    I love having the portability aspect as I am switching between my home and my boyfriend's home often, so I definitely need a laptop. But I want a much bigger display, which is why the iMac is appealing to me. The 16 inch laptop would be a little too big to conveniently take with me all the time.

    I'm torn - do I upgrade to a better computer that I can have with me 24/7, or have a better computer and much bigger display - but only be able to use it sometimes?

    submitted by /u/superleah2000
    [link] [comments]

    Only 2. Screen with closed MacBook WITHOUT POWERCHARGER, possible?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Hey,

    I have my work from home working station (MBP 2019) ready!

    Use an external monitor + Apple mouse and Apple keyboard

    A dongle connected to HDMI + power charger I can make run "only 2. Monitor" (closed MBP)

    Can I do this without the laptop/dongle need to be connected to a power charger? -Close the MBP?

    I don't want to drain down the battery life by recharge the whole night- it's a more stable setup most of the time

    Thank for checking -

    submitted by /u/RamboRabbit
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor use

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    Ok so I need a monitor for school because when I split screen on my Mac to do notes and watch lectures the lecture is really small. I would want to have my lecture full screen on the monitor and my google doc for noted full screen on my Mac. What hardware do I need to make this possible

    submitted by /u/FeeDangerous
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any protective cases that cover the hinge on the backs?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:52 AM PDT

    All the protective cases that I find, the hinge is completely exposed. Are there any protective cases that cover this area?

    submitted by /u/TNRC
    [link] [comments]

    Is a camera cover toggle sticker okay?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    I got this camera toggle thing that you stick on the camera so you can easily cover and uncover it. I thought it would be nice for online classes. But I realize that now my MacBook Air 2019 doesn't close fully with it.

    Is that gonna be a problem? And could the sticker cause enough pressure on the screen that it eventually cracks? If so would normal AppleCare cover that?

    Many question marks.

    submitted by /u/zeroalcoholmouthwash
    [link] [comments]

    What are your thoughts on buying refurbished?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    Im thinking of buying a 2018-2019 refurbished MBA or MBP from the apple site in order to save a few dollars. Is this a good way to go about doing it or does anyone have a better suggestion? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/kimchikidd
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone looking for a MacBook 2019 I found someone on eBay who is selling I bet if u bid $700 or maybe less lol the person will accept .. the eBay username is malisissok6

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    Final Cut Pro X

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    So I have Final Cut Pro X on my Macbook but I am thinking of selling my Macbook. My question is that, will it stay on my MacBook when I factory reset it and will it increase it's value?

    submitted by /u/PregnancyTestsByShaq
    [link] [comments]

    Price Check on MBP 15’ 2017 512

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    Yo how much can I ask for (€) my MacBook Pro 15 2017 512ssd Formally it is water damaged so no more free apple support. But in real world the only issue is all sticky keyboard (apple's only solution for this is the top case replacement for 400€+, but I found an unauthorized service with just keyboard replaced for 100€) I bet that selling laptop with fixed keyboard is more reasonable.

    submitted by /u/mentaldisorder13
    [link] [comments]

    Are we going to have Thunderbolt 4 on the new MacBooks coming out next month ?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Regardless of which macbooks get Apple silicon or Intel processors, a 2020 refresh of MBPs and MBA is imminent. 16 inch MBP was released last year and still uses a 2 year old processor.

    Given the fact that Apple is one of co-developers of the Thunderbolt standard along with Intel, and Apple's promise to support Thunderbolt even on Apple Silicon, I hope we get Thunderbolt 4 on all machines regardless of which processors we get.

    submitted by /u/hestenes
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any option to improve the screen resolution of my MBP mid 2012 non-retina?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I have an old MBP 13" without Retina display and I want to improve the resolution of the screen. Is there any screen replacement or something else to improve it?

    submitted by /u/metakrzis
    [link] [comments]

    Adobe Photoshop

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    do you guys have installer for the application?

    submitted by /u/jilfrancisnl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel