• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Apple Help Someone has hacked my apple id and changed password, phone number and everything. Is it possible to recover back?

    Apple Help Someone has hacked my apple id and changed password, phone number and everything. Is it possible to recover back?


    Someone has hacked my apple id and changed password, phone number and everything. Is it possible to recover back?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    How do I uninstall an update for an app?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I don't really like the new iMovie update and I wanted to know if there is a way to get the old version

    submitted by /u/Brianski8
    [link] [comments]

    "HPDeviceMonitoring.framework" will Damage your Mac

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:23 PM PDT

    Hello, I booted up my 2020 13" MBP running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 today and was greeted with a macOS dialog box saying what's in the title of this post. The dialog box would show up every few seconds after dismissing it. Ran a scan with Malwarebytes and no threats were detected.

    Did some searching and came across this HPForum post: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/Message-quot-HPDeviceMonitoring-framework-will-damage-your/td-p/7824355

    Guy by the name of IronBadger (alleged Employee of HP) provides a link to download HP Easy Start which you can then use to remove existing HP software from your Mac. I uninstalled everything and after a restart the warning went away. Iron Badger claims that the issue is the result of out of date software (the security certificates have expired).

    Hopefully anyone else who is experiencing this can find this thread and move on.

    submitted by /u/DrMacintosh01
    [link] [comments]

    My iCloud photo offload doesn’t seem to be working. I’ve turned it off and on again and not change. Does the percentage mean it’s working on it? (iPhone 12, running latest version of iOS 14)

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    So my parents got me my first iphone and I have a few questions and concerns.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Mainly I have a question. I'm on a family cloud with my whole family and my Mom is the one who owns it. Does this mean my Mom will be able to see what apps I have on my phone? Or is thst a thing that's not possible? If it is a thing than how can they do it? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Youareawesome42
    [link] [comments]

    Locked out of my account and cannot cancel imusic subscription

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    So my apple id got locked for some reason and I cannot remember my apple id security questions.

    the other recovery option is going to send an email to the same email I'm locked out of and I can't see the mail.

    before my account was locked i had an apple music subscription on that email now my card is on overdraft.

    is there anyway to cancel my apple music subscription externally?

    submitted by /u/Jaybricks
    [link] [comments]

    How do I free up storage on my MacBook?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    It says I have 130gb of "other" so I'm not sure what to do to delete it. I look everywhere in the finder and can't find 130gb worth of stuff. I'm lost. Thanks for the help!!

    submitted by /u/GuerreroNeeK
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the keyboard on my Mac sometimes not work and makes the little error noise everytime I touch a button?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Does anyone know whats happening?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 10:47 PM PDT

    My HomePod and all of my HomeKit devices went down this morning. Even my printer on AirPrint is not working. I suspect it has something to do with this, that I've never seen before. Would appreciate any advice.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    iCloud (turned off) using cellular data?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    I was monitoring monthly cellular data usage today and noticed iCloud used 100+MB of data. I have iCloud turned off and have never turned it on once. Does anyone have the same problem or know why it is using my data?

    submitted by /u/Look-Time
    [link] [comments]

    Got this text today, not too sure if I should open those links...? Has anyone else gotten this txt.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Bluetooth call/ audio routing

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I have an issue with our cars and the iPhone with some of the audio and Bluetooth. If we have the phone connected to Honda's Bluetooth system that has both BTA and Bluetooth calling, it seems to route Siri and map audio to calling, but Bluetooth audio from something like podcasts or Spotify work fine. I had this issue with Android, but I could just tell it what to send to what Bluetooth device. How can I fix this with iOS?

    submitted by /u/gihzmo
    [link] [comments]

    Gf cannot get into phone with the correct password

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    She hasnt changed the password and she has an iPhone 7 Plus she is on iOS 14.0.1 and has a text password not a pin password for some reason after a restart her phone didn't accept her password can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/No_Effort_6092
    [link] [comments]

    Declining macbook, what can I do?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    I bought the 128 GB 8Gb ram MacBook last year in November and I have noticed that the performance has started to decline fast in the last couple weeks, I do have apple care and am wondering if that should cover some maintenance.

    For context the MacBook has started to shut down randomly and the battery has started to drain faster, the load up times have also slowed down. In general it's not as pristine as it used to be just a couple months ago.

    submitted by /u/Aromatic_Community_9
    [link] [comments]

    If I edit a photo and send that photo to someone or post it somewhere, do they see the edits?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:09 PM PDT

    I just noticed that the .jpg file and edits are contained in a separate file entirely (.aae) - therefore have I been sending them to people as unedited pics?

    submitted by /u/Your_Local_Doomer
    [link] [comments]

    This is really annoying.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    Ever since I downloaded IOS 14 my phone is really slow for a few days at a time, like it's loading everything slowly, apps are always crashing, and it gets super hot. But then my phone will be perfectly fine for a few days, and have zero problems. So it's just off and on for a few days at a time. The most recent time it started getting really slow was when it died, and I turned it back on. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? (iPhone 7 btw)

    submitted by /u/Pizzarolllzbud
    [link] [comments]

    i put down my iPhone and came back to it and saw that the microphone is on (small orange dot). When I picked it up, it disappeared before I could check on Control Center what app it was. Is there a means to check the history when the microphone was accessed?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:38 PM PDT

    As the title says. Grateful to see apple has implemented this. I need to know if there's a means to check the history of when the microphone was accessed.

    submitted by /u/V3Qn117x0UFQ
    [link] [comments]

    iPad breaks headphones and earbuds over time

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    When I first got my iPad everything was fine and I was using a headphone jack thing after like 3 months the left side stopped working and a few weeks later it didn't work at all now I thought it was just bad headphones so I used a different pair and the same thing happened after that I said ok the headphone jack might not be good I'll just use the earbuds that go in the charger and the same thing happened to 3 already. How do I stop this it's very annoying

    submitted by /u/shrek666420
    [link] [comments]

    water (coffee) damage control

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Coffee spilled on MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 keyboard, it was quickly cleaned off but 1/2 USB-C ports doesn't work.

    I need it either repaired or a really good plug in device (that wont overheat) that gives me multiple new ports. I bought a cheap £15 one and had problems with it heating up quickly. I need to record instruments through an Audio Interface AND have it charging at the same time.

    I took it to a 5* non apple repair shop and they couldn't fix or replace the port but claimed to have stopped ""further damage from happening"". What would you guys do if you were me? Buy a better plugin device? Go to another repair shop? or something else?

    Much much appreciated

    submitted by /u/TheRedSpyy
    [link] [comments]

    usb accessory denied when I plug in my phone?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    I want to connect my phone to itunes but I can't because when I plug it in it says the usb is using too much power.

    submitted by /u/LHSstud3nt
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 12 - iMessage photos not loading

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    So my wife and I both just got iPhone 12's. We had X's before, we did iCloud backup, restored from backup (as we always do). Smooth process as always.

    My daughter has an 11 - and she said some of the photos we were sending her were coming up as <filename>.jpeg and an icon. But if she tapped on the photo it would display in a "window" just fine.

    My wife sent me two photos today - and it happened to me. So so far the common thread seems to be taken with iPhone 12 camera and sent from iPhone 12.

    I have no issues on my Mac - all the messages have photos displaying just fine. A few more data points:

    • We use iMessage in iCloud.
    • We tried toggling the HEIC / Maximum compatibility setting for the camera. That seemed to help, however HEIC is the default and recommended format. I never had this issue before (i.e on my X) - so I don't feel like I should have to change this now. I put it back on HEIC...
    • This doesn't seem to happen with any images we copy/paste/save from Safari/Reddit etc. Only with photos that we take with the camera.
    • Some of the photos would come through initially, but then as I moved around to other apps and came back - the image in that conversation was now an icon...
    • I have closed and reopened the iMessage app. I have rebooted the phone. Neither have had an impact.

    I googled around for this issue, and I don't see a lot of recent posts that look like this issue. The ones I do see have very dubious "solutions".

    Anyone else seeing/seen this ? Any ideas ?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/vom513
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch battery replacement

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    What's the best place to get a battery replacement for an Apple Watch? I have a series 4 loaded up one and it dies now by the end of the day especially when I do more than 1 workout. I always take my phones to the Apple store but the watches apparently get sent out somewhere. Ordinarily I would just upgrade since it's 2 years old but it's perfectly good and would cost $530 to replace with a series 6. Any services anyone would recommend? Any preferably that do this on site?

    submitted by /u/Mustangfast85
    [link] [comments]

    about buying an iPad

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    So I was thinking of getting an iPad pro. I have three options:

    1. Wait for the 2018 official one to get restocked (who knows when because the last one was 3 months ago
    2. By the 2018 one off eBay for around $800
    3. Wait for black Friday and get a 2020 edition for potentially the same price as the 2018 one would be

    I don't really care between the 2018 and 2020 but the 2020 would be nice for future proofing. I want to stay in the $800 to $900 range

    submitted by /u/CrashCarWill
    [link] [comments]

    Blank squares in my control centre. Seems to be related to Home app (they all disappear when I turn off the Home toggle). Nothing abnormal in the Home app itself. iPhone 8+ iOS 14.1 but I’ve had them since 14 beta

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel