• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Apple TV Seriously what’s the deal with the way apps update?

    Apple TV Seriously what’s the deal with the way apps update?


    Seriously what’s the deal with the way apps update?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    Are apps supposed to update on their own? Sometimes I have apps that take days to update, so I have to manually look for them in the App Store and click on update. Does anyone know why there's no update section like on iOS?

    submitted by /u/Technogky
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Down???

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Literally in the middle of binge watching Game of Thrones. Just me??

    submitted by /u/dsbwayne
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Atmos has been restored in tvOS 14.2 beta 2

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:26 AM PDT

    AppleTV+ Server Error

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Is anyone else getting a server error? We were just watching Ted Lasso and it asked me to sign in again in the middle of the show. Now when I try to sign back in I get a server error. It is the same when I try on the phone. Anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/KonkreteKid10
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV down?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:32 PM PDT

    Ted Lasso just stopped playing and it's asking me to sign in. I try and nothing happens.

    submitted by /u/neomits
    [link] [comments]

    Does Airplaying audio work while the Apple TV is off?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    I'm about to pull the trigger on 2 apple TV's to replace my Airport Expresses and want the same exact experience + multi room video when I want (using AirParrot 3), so just like the title says. Can I walk into the garage (Apple TV off), pull out my phone, select it as an audio output and start playing music?

    submitted by /u/eloc49
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Pro remote

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:01 PM PDT

    Who would like to see Apple make a dedicated smart home remote like the universal Logitech elite remote? I'm imagining something that looks like this savant remote, I posted a link. I have a love hate relationship with the current Apple TV remote, first or foremost it's too small and thin, second why did they coat it in that stuff Clark Griswald used on his sled so it fires off into the crevices of God knows where lol... anyways I have a case for the remote that made it better but it could still be better... I want a pro version I'd pay like $500 for something like this one I linked below, with a touch screen ... combine that with ability to use it for home kit and shortcuts it would be incredible.

    https://youtu.be/IPMhJOzz1ds

    submitted by /u/Paranimal
    [link] [comments]

    Audio from certain apps cutting out

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Anyone else's sound cutting in an out when using certain apps?

    Haven't updated to TVOS 14. Everything was working fine up until yesterday. Tried switching cable a few times and no luck. Apps include YouTube and Sunday ticket.

    Not sure what triggered this.

    submitted by /u/csaldana7
    [link] [comments]

    Plex vs Infuse vs Emby vs....?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 04:06 PM PDT

    So i've been experimenting with a few servers and players etc etc. Plex sucks for music/audio but great for video. Whats everyone been using and why? What media is your primary focus? I'm wanting to find a good music/audio solution.

    Thanks peeps!

    submitted by /u/kryptofaz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app so I can play PlayStation PiP on my Apple TV? Sort of like steam has theirs?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    I feel like steam connect or whatever it's called works like a remote app on your Apple TV, so you're essentially just forwarding commands and the video streams from your PC.

    Is there such a thing for PlayStation? It would be dope to be able to play a game on PS4 via an Apple TV.

    Could one make such an app?

    submitted by /u/SpektrumKid
    [link] [comments]

    List of Apps That Support PIP?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    If there a list anywhere showing which apps currently support Picture in Picture on tvOS 14? Seems like none of the apps that I use support it

    submitted by /u/craphoot
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K connection degrading over the span of 15-20 and then constantly freezes every since the latest big TV OS update..

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    My AT4K is connected via wireless connection. None of my other devices are seeing any issue.

    I assume its the connection since the picture and audio degrade to low resolution and then freezes. Restarting the appleTV fixes it temporarily.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ParalleledArray
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone get their AirPods to connect using the play button after the update?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    This is no longer working? Is there a work around?

    submitted by /u/fakamean
    [link] [comments]

    Lost remote, tried connecting to phone. Asks me to type a 4 digit code into the tv. I can’t type it into the Apple TV because I lost my remote. Repeat. Pls help

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    Title sums it up. Can't connect my phone because I need the remote to type the code into the tv. I need to connect my phone because I lost my remote. In the past it has given me a code on the tv to type into my phone but now it is the other way around. Are there any work around s to this???

    submitted by /u/verrnice
    [link] [comments]

    How to find out what Amazon Prime account is logged into my 3rd generation Apple TV?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Between live tennis and movies, my family would watch Amazon Prime basically every day on our 3rd generation Apple TV.

    We've just realised that everyone assumed someone else created the account and was paying the monthly subscription. We've tried the usual emails and passwords on our computer and can't find a match. It's weird.

    We don't want to log out and risk not being able to log back in. Is there a way on a 3rd gen Apple TV to check which Prime Video account is logged in? Thanks

    submitted by /u/phonegamesrgud
    [link] [comments]

    Update alerts now appear while watching a video

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Previously at least the update alert popped up after you've finished watching actual video.

    But now it just pops up IN THE MIDDLE of a TV show! That's insane imo. Anybody knows how to turn it off absolutely completely forever please

    submitted by /u/airpoint
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI Extender Problems with AppleTV HD

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Hello all - New to the AppleTV world as I just upgraded/replaced my Roku that was acting up and having problems connecting to the internet resulting in potato-like quality.

    Anyway, I got my new AppleTV last week and have been happy with it thus far except for one issue - when using either my HDMI extender or HDMI switcher, I get a flickering screen (video attached for reference). If I unplug and plug in the power source for the AppleTV while the TV is on, everything goes back to normal and works fine for as long as the TV is on. However, when I turn off and turn it back on, the flickering comes back.

    I can solve this problem by connecting it directly to an HDMI port on my TV; however, all of my other A/V equipment (Switch, HDMI to laptop and XBOX) is to the side of my couch. From there, they all connect to an HDMI switch that then connects to a single HDMI port that acts as an extender and then that goes to the TV (I have a 50 ft. HDMI cable running in my attic for a clean TV panel above the mantle).

    So while I can solve this issue easily, I'd rather have my AppleTV connected to the switch and extender to a) maintain the clean appearance and b) hardwire the ethernet cable to the AppleTV vs. wifi. Does anyone have an idea why this problem can be corrected by resetting the AppleTV and is there a way to get this setup working properly? I have not had an issue with any other device using this setup. Appreciate the help!

    https://reddit.com/link/j25le9/video/4eim4yq7v4q51/player

    submitted by /u/foken
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Mirror Quality Questions

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Sorry to pollute the subreddit with another help thread, I just didnt see where else to ask. Please correct me if this is the wrong place.

    I wanted to ask some clarification questions regarding the screen mirroring quality of Apple TV. I have an iPad where I stream football from sketchy Russian websites. I would like to project that on the TV and I'm wondering if Apple TV is the best way to do that.

    Screen delay isn't really an issue, but if the picture is choppy at all that would be a deal breaker. Have y'all had a positive experience with screen mirroring or is there a better alternative elsewhere?

    submitted by /u/doctorweiwei
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel