• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 1, 2020

    macOS Is there any way to delete/hide events in the calendar that is from an online calendar? (explained in comments)

    macOS Is there any way to delete/hide events in the calendar that is from an online calendar? (explained in comments)


    Is there any way to delete/hide events in the calendar that is from an online calendar? (explained in comments)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Pages: Numbering Table of Contents

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    Hi all, I'm working on my dissertation and I wanted to use Pages, since formatting is infinitely easier than in word or google docs. Unfortunately, I'm running into an issue with the table of contents. The formatting I'm required to follow has a numbered table of contents for Tables and Figures. I can't find any way to make the table of contents numbered (i.e. a numbered list, I'm not asking about page numbers). Of course I could just do it manually, but I was hoping for a way to have the TOC auto populate. At worst I can have it auto populate and then retype it based on what it has, but I'd rather not do that.

    submitted by /u/wabisabicloud
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else had this happen? macOS Big Sur Beta

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Why Apple, why?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 01:17 AM PDT

    Using AirPlay messed up my (previously working great) 4k big screen display

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    Hi, I'll put the TL;DR above and the detailed description below. Also if this is a bad time to post lmk so I can repost during the day sometime.

    Using MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch 2013

    TL;DR: I was using U4308 display connected to my MacBook via Lightning -> HDMI cable for almost 6 months and it was working great. About two weeks ago I activated AirPlay to my Apple TV 2 for the first time. It was super choppy so I turned it off and since then my display itself has been choppy! I have been hunting to figure out the problem but no joy... So asking for some help. Best as I can tell, the frame rate is locked to 30 post-AirPlay (confirmed via System Report)... and it MUST have been at 60 before that because it was SO much smoother. But, I have no proof since the display was working fine before then. Also I have tried Alt-clicking Scaled and selecting different resolutions, but there is no option to adjust frame rate in Preferences > Displays. How can I get my display running properly again?

    Ehh. I think that's enough detail. The longer story is that I was using this badass screensaver called Electric Sheep and trying to AirPlay that into my Apple TV which is how I wound up here but the relevant details are listed above. Can provide more info if it will help. I have NOT tried PRAM/SMC reset yet - would that help? Or something stupid like changing the Lightning port the display is plugged into?

    Thanks in advance.

    Output from About This Mac > System Report > Graphics copied below...

    Intel Iris:

    Chipset Model: Intel Iris

    Type: GPU

    Bus: Built-In

    VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

    Vendor: Intel

    Device ID: 0x0a2e

    Revision ID: 0x0009

    Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v4

    Displays:

    U4308:

    Resolution: 6400 x 3600

    UI Looks like: 3200 x 1800 @ 30 Hz

    Framebuffer Depth: 24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

    Main Display: Yes

    Mirror: Off

    Online: Yes

    Rotation: Supported

    Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

    Television: Yes

    submitted by /u/theAliasOfAlias
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur on unsupported Macs

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    For those who are wondering if it will be possible, keep your eye on this page:

    http://dosdude1.com/software.html

    He will add a link there when it is ready I imagine. But I do not expect to see anything until the final release of Big Sur happens.

    You can also check out this thread on the MacRumors forum, he posts over there too:

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-11-big-sur-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2242172/

    Mods, you might want to sticky this if you keep getting people asking about unsupported Macs and Big Sur.

    submitted by /u/Morgthorak
    [link] [comments]

    Automator/Apple Script/Something else to quickly rearrange displays?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Every now and then, when I get home from work and plug my MacBook Pro into my external monitors, I end up needing to go into System Prefs and drag the monitors back to the correct order. Is there a way I can automate that? It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to the point that I'm like ahhh this annoying **** again. Really though, it isn't that big of a deal, I'm complaining about something that probably takes less than a minute, but it would still be nice if there was a better way.

    2017 MacBook Pro, 3.1GHz Quad i7, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB. Using a Cable Matters thunderbolt 3 to dual DisplayPort adapter to connect 2 BenQ monitors.

    submitted by /u/_oldscratch
    [link] [comments]

    How to see the password of a website you are logged into

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:14 PM PDT

    So there's a website that I'm logged into on my mac (Safari). I logged into that website several months ago and haven't refreshed website data or anything, so I'm still logged in. However, I never saved the password and I forgot it. I know I could probably just reset it, but I'm curious if there is a way to see a password of a website you are logged into even if it is not saved.

    submitted by /u/Thebeekeeper10
    [link] [comments]

    Where to download old macOS Sierra INSTALLER (app, no DMG)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    Fellow redditors, I have found an old Intel Mac mini which supports El Capitan as the most updated MacOS. The hard disk is wiped, so there is nothing inside. Internet recovery doesn't work.

    I tried to make a El Capitan USB drive to make it work and it does, BUT Office 365 needs Sierra at least, so I have to install this, I guess using dosdude1 tool. But that tool needs the Sierra App, not the actual DMG. Where I can find that app?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/CarretillaRoja
    [link] [comments]

    Apple said MacOS Big Sure "Public Beta" will be released in July ... Welp???

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    What the hell Apple???

    submitted by /u/falconman515
    [link] [comments]

    How long does "indexing" normally take after updating to a new MacOS?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Title. I decided to give Catalina a shot again on my Mid 2012 MBP. The CPU and fans are running hot, but 95% of it seems due to indexing.

    https://imgur.com/bjRMfF7 - My activity monitor.

    EDIT: I have around 390ish gigs of a 1 TB SSD. I was planning on giving Catalina a shot for a week before going back to Mojave if needed (i.e., I have a thumb drive with it and a back up of my files for a clean install).

    I appreciate any replies!

    submitted by /u/CoolEmoDude
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro + Dock + 2 External Monitors = UI Weirdness

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 04:02 PM PDT

    Device: Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
    Processor: 2.2 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB / Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB
    External Displays: 2 Dell P2217H (1920 x 1080 max resolution) connected via DisplayPort
    Dock: Dell D6000

    My company provides Dell monitors and docks because of the pricepoint so I have what I have. I am trying to determine if there is hope for me to fix a nagging issue. I have my layout such that to the left is a monitor rotated to portrait orientation for use while coding, then the middle is my MBP, then to the right is another monitor in landscape orientation.

    If I drag my IDE to the right, everything is fine. I type, text goes on screen, looks great. If I drag my IDE to the left, the text input is sluggish and the mouse is slightly skipping or sluggish. Sometimes, too, while I type, the text will get a bit fuzzy then "catch up" and get crisp again.

    Is this just a function of going through the dock and having the screen rotated? Would I be better served going out of pocket for a couple USB-C to HDMI connectors, going direct to the monitors, and then just plugging in the MBP to the normal power adapter instead of the dock?

    submitted by /u/EncryptedRoot
    [link] [comments]

    Big sur messed up my MacBook

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    It has gotten slow all of a sudden, lagging, not able to operate a single app. Not sure wtf is the problem but hoping after i update to beta 3.11 will fix it. Should I downgrade to Catalina?

    submitted by /u/techavy
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a certain app fetch notifications even when its closed?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    I noticed built-in apps like reminders, calendar, etc. display notifications even when the apps are closed. Is there a way I can implement this kind of background fetching for other apps?

    submitted by /u/cheeky861
    [link] [comments]

    2015 Macbook Pro hibernation

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    Catalina 10.15.6 not letting me Boot from External Drive

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I have Catalina 10.15.6 on Mac Pro 2013 and have an attached External Drive with 10.15.5 on it. I haven't tried to boot from the external in some time and it has worked in the past. Now when I restart the Mac and hit Option to get the Start-Up Manager, the Start-Up Manger doesn't appear so I can't select the external drive. Selecting external from System Preferences and restarting has never worked for me so I always do it from Option / Start-Up Manager. Did Apple kill something in 10.15.6 that allows externals to work as boot drives? Appreciate any input. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jorlev
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Catalina Green Arrow pop-out window?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Disable Catalina Green Arrow pop-out window?

    I finally updated to Catalina from El Capitan because too many apps were not supported. The new menu that pops up when you hover over the green button is terrible. It behaves inconsistently (sometimes pooping up if I don't even hover over the button) and forces me to click to make it go away. It's a small but annoying interruption to my work flow.

    Is there any way to disable it?

    https://preview.redd.it/3t96vppjs7e51.png?width=314&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a581e7aa33c61f830146e29ab17fde7d6a5421b

    submitted by /u/BarryKC
    [link] [comments]

    bluetooth

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    so if I ever by chance turn off bluetooth by accident on my iMac and my keyboard and mouse won't work because they are bluetooth..is there a workaround ?

    submitted by /u/Aunkster
    [link] [comments]

    A good PDF reader and convertor?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I need a good pdf reader and convertor (with no limit on page number, and if its free even better). Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/JMLARCO
    [link] [comments]

    Does MacOS Require an account?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    When I bought a new Windows 10 Computer, the first time I booted it up it required a Microsoft Account unless I disconnected the wifi. Does MacOS do the same thing? Or does it let you use the computer without creating some kind of Apple login?

    submitted by /u/yabrennan
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Mail - Minimal

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 07:40 AM PDT

    Looking for video sound converter

    Posted: 31 Jul 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I need an application which can convert any sound from ac3 to aac of any video without re-encode the file. I found many utility most of them reconvert the video which for me useless.

    Do you know anybody such a tool for mac ?

    submitted by /u/YaPaY
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel