• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 11, 2020

    macOS Hi guys. I recently got my logic board replaced. What does the (4) mean, and how do i remove it and is it safe to do so?

    macOS Hi guys. I recently got my logic board replaced. What does the (4) mean, and how do i remove it and is it safe to do so?


    Hi guys. I recently got my logic board replaced. What does the (4) mean, and how do i remove it and is it safe to do so?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    Lost my kernel panic virginity today. 6 months into a 2019 27” i9 iMac

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Is this a bug or a hardware issue? There appears to be a seam in my wallpaper.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Everytime I apply an icon to an app, and the app gets updated, the icon just resets to the original icon or changing to this icon, which means “no icon”. How can I stop this (if possible)?

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Pictures folder shows 88 gigs, but opening the folder shows 50 gigs. Where is a good place to look for the missing 30 gigs?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Mojave Widgets not Working

    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    I used to use my widgets on my Mac's left-most dashboard screen on swipe pretty often. Be it to check stocks and weather or quickly do use the calculator or currency converter without needing to look for the app. However over the past few months, I've noticed it having issues updating at some times until it stopped updating altogether for the last while. How do I get them back up and working? Nothing I've tried so far has worked.

    submitted by /u/Sparky-Man
    [link] [comments]

    Tile Window Split Laggy?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    Hey guys, just got a MacBook Air 2019 for real estate purposes. Been a long time PC user but am pretty deep into the ecosystem with an iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods Pro, and iPad Pro 2018.

    However my new Macbook seems to be laggy with random simple tasks. Etrecheck says my machine is running excellent. But the smallest things like trying to use the "tile window to the left/right" feature is incredibly laggy. Is this normal? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Losangelesdave
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2020: Lack of anti-aliasing on external display

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    Hi. I am a new convert to Mac platform. Have been using a Lenovo Carbon X1 laptop with my LG 34" widescreen display (LG 34UC88) which worked fine and the text display was very sharp and crisp (using USB-C to HDMI cable). Using 3440x1440 resolution.

    Got a new new MacBook Pro 13" (running Catalina) about 2 months ago and am using it with the same LG display (USB C to HDMI cable) at the same resolution. However, the text appears really jagged and looks like it's missing any kind of anti-aliasing. I turned on "font smoothing" using Terminal but it seems to have made no difference at all. Is there something else I should be doing? Bothers me that the perceived quality on the external display is so much more inferior using the MacBook.

    I tried to take a picture using the iPhone of the two comparisons but the photo doesn't do the problem any justice! Any ideas?

    (PS - The MacBook's own retina display is superb and the Lenovo comes no where close!)

    submitted by /u/index2020
    [link] [comments]

    Mac screen appears to be “zoomed in”

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    So technically my screen isn't zoomed in at all (I am zoomed all the way out, just checked with the command, option, minus keys). however it is still "zoomed in" because I believe I shut my screen yesterday while still running a game on my MAC. This happened to my previous laptop and I forgot how I fixed it the first time around. Any suggestions ?

    submitted by /u/sanholo711
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to boot your MacOS and have the “Apple Logo + Progress Bar” show up instead of this screen login screen?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    My Mac only boots in Windows

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    I own a late 2015 iMac my mac only boots to Windows I went into bootcamp panel and changed the startup drive, holding option/alt after turning it on, Holding command, R at startup and holding command,option,shift and R and it still boots in windows. On My Computer it only shows Bootcamp Drive not the MacOS Drive

    submitted by /u/LegacyofaMarshall
    [link] [comments]

    Constant Kernal Panicking

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:20 PM PDT

    I recently switched to Firefox from Chrome, and found that my Mac running macOS Mojave was kernel panicking often. It always happens when I am running the program VroidStudio (version 0.10.4) and listening to YouTube on Firefox. It just happened again recently and it kernal panicked when no videos were playing. Firefox and VroidStudio were open as before tho. I had similar problems when I was running Chrome (whole computer freezes up), which is the reason I switched. I start online classes in a week, and want to solve the issue before then. Any help is appreciated.

    It is a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)

    submitted by /u/SatoPika
    [link] [comments]

    Did yahoo just hijack my web browser?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I have an iMac, using Safari for my web browsing. Not sure how it got started but every time I search on Google or DDG now, I am getting yahoo results. Anyone knows what's going on?

    submitted by /u/Thl70
    [link] [comments]

    How's the transition from Windows to MacOS?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Hey, after a ton of research, I'm starting to settle on a 16" MBP for my college laptop. However, that just leaves the question of the operating system, which I'm honestly kind of worried about. I have almost zero experience with macs, so I'm not really sure how much of a learning curve I should expect. If anyone used to be in my position, how would you rate the difficulty in transitioning?

    submitted by /u/MrBabadaba
    [link] [comments]

    How to access remote server via SFTP using finder?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    I can access files via ftp and ftps using finder. But this particular scenario requires SFTP. And I am unable to use SFTP in finder.

    How can I enable SFTP in finder?

    Tried osxfuse. Doesn't work.

    MacOS 10.15.6

    submitted by /u/mido-reigh
    [link] [comments]

    Anyway to find a log on Mac of whose used my WiFi?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have some very gross neighbors who do drugs and stand in front of my house day and night. I had a cop pounding on my door that a stolen iPhone was traced to my house. Come to find out from another neighbor that these idiots hacked into my WiFi. Is there anyway on my Mac that I can trace whose log into my WiFi? The police will do nothing about these thieving trespassers.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Snoo14566
    [link] [comments]

    Tried formatting my 2014 MacBook Air. Stuck trying to reinstall El Capitan. Anyone know how to install High Sierra or Mojave from a jump drive or something now that my mac won’t turn on?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Chrome/Facebook notification formatting differences on Catalina vs Windows 10. Is there any way to change how Mac shows this notification?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    Schedule Restart Different Days

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Anyone know of a utility that allows restart schedules for different times in different days? I thought I found one last week, but forgot to bookmark it.

    submitted by /u/Marquedian
    [link] [comments]

    Youtube issue on Safari

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    21:9 monitor at 120HZ or greater, how?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    Is anyone running a UW 21:9 monitor at a fast refresh rate? I have a 2018 MBP with a 560X. Is it possible? What cables...etc?

    Thank You!

    submitted by /u/pr0grammed_reality
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Onyx app recommended for maintenance? Or what could it be a good example on how and when to use it?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    Is there any way to prevent side bar from opening in full screen safari when you open it in full screen mode?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Title says it all. Any help would be much appreciated. TIA.

    Edit:

    you open it in full screen mode

    move the cursor to the left end of the screen?

    submitted by /u/abhi1972
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to encrypt files that I want to keep on iCloud Drive?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    I usually use my PW manager to keep files that I want encrypted but I was wondering if there was a good MacOS with iOS support that would allow me to encrypt files, folders, something so I can easily add to or download the files when needed. Any direction would be great. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ryonsa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel