• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    iPhoneX [Help] Water Damage

    iPhoneX [Help] Water Damage


    [Help] Water Damage

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Over the weekend my phone got water damaged when I went rafting.

    Pretty much all of the water is gone. At first it wasn't responding at all, and the shop put it in a dehydrator machine overnight, and now is responding. However, my problems don't end there. The phone automatically goes into recovery mode, and through iTunes, I have tried updating and restoring. Both seem to work completely fine and go through without any error. But just when the phone should be on the brand new startup screen again, it instead goes straight to recovery mode.

    I assume this is telling me there is a hardware issue which is why restoring the phone is not working. It just keeps going back to recovery mode. Are there any options or is my phone pretty much done. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/chunkyypanda
    [link] [comments]

    X vs Xs - Heat, Speakers, Battery, Modem, Camera in 2020

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    I know there have been several threads doing a general comparison of the iPhone X vs Xs but as someone looking to purchase one of these phones in 2020 and keep them for the next 3-4 years, I wondering if I get some insight on aspects I'm more particularly interested in. I've purchased an iPhone X and I've been using it now for the past week; I want to simply see if it's worth returning it and getting the Xs instead!

    1) Heat - strange enough, the X gets warm, sometimes REALLY warm for almost no reason. The most basic tasks from Safari, to phone calls, videos, using Apple News, or refreshing widgets causes an immediate heat change that I can feel. Is this an issue on the Xs at all? Many other phones I've tried stay very cool unless pushed hard and this hurts that premium feel I expect from Apple. But if it's an issue still on the Xs, there'd be no point in me switching just yet.

    2) Speakers - this might be a no-contest situation. I've heard the speakers are superior on the Xs, but I was just curious if they're worth the ~$130 difference as I plan on buying Apple refurbished? Not only the speakers, but I hear the mic quality is improved as well?

    3) Battery - has anyone seen a conclusive difference in battery between these two phones? I've seen too many conflicting reports so far related to a more efficient processor in comparison to slightly bigger/smaller batter capacities, etc. Any insight, if any at all would be appreciated.

    4) Modem - so here's my biggest fear. I've heard so many times that the Xs's Intel modems are just terrible compared to the Qualcomm chipset. Users report disconnects, slower speeds, and other problems. And I've seen articles about this where speed tests and dropped calls were measured too and back then it seemed pretty conclusive. Is still a problem on the Xs? This might be a deal-breaker for me honestly unless updates have resolved this issue.

    5) Cameras - of course, I've heard that the Xs wins big with the HDR but one other area I'm worried about is with the selfie qualities. Do the Xs phones still apply that aggressive beauty filter on selfies? I'm coming from Samsung and I particularly hate this aspect. HDR isn't as big of an issue for me as the beauty filters, and I have a dedicated camera for more involved shots.

    If any of these points could be looked at, I'd be extremely grateful, guys. Maybe this can help others too as it looks like people ask about these phones lot, but this time on a more focused level.

    submitted by /u/SEXYRAINBOWPARADISE
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    I have downloaded ios 14 beta 3 but it won't install even after i accept the t&c

    submitted by /u/zigzagtictac
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone X lcd recommendations

    Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:59 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I have replaced the screen on an Iphone X with a cheap ($47 from ebay) led screen. The screen works fine however, the right side (camera side) sits higher than the left side and it goes up/down when I press on the edges.

    Is this something common with cheap replacement lcds? As the cracked one did not have any fitment issues, and the geometry of the phone is good.

    Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap screen that doesn't have any fitment issues? Don't need oem image as this is for a backup phone.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/gta370
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel