• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 4, 2020

    Apple Help I have been deleting apps, videos, messages, and everything I can for weeks. Somehow I am still near storage capacity thanks to “Other.” Any idea what my other is and how it keeps getting bigger? I have an iPhone 6S on iOS13.5.1. Please and thanks!

    Apple Help I have been deleting apps, videos, messages, and everything I can for weeks. Somehow I am still near storage capacity thanks to “Other.” Any idea what my other is and how it keeps getting bigger? I have an iPhone 6S on iOS13.5.1. Please and thanks!


    I have been deleting apps, videos, messages, and everything I can for weeks. Somehow I am still near storage capacity thanks to “Other.” Any idea what my other is and how it keeps getting bigger? I have an iPhone 6S on iOS13.5.1. Please and thanks!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    (Broken Home button) How do I bypass this screen ? Updated IOS and this shows up. Can’t connect to itunes because a passcode is loaded. IOS 13.6 Device 6S

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Heart rate on watch face

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Hi, I know this might be a dumb question, but is there a way for you to look at your heart rate through a watch face widget without having to go to the health app in an Apple Watch series 5? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/j0thepanda
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make an in-app purchase using my Apple account balance (from gift cards I redeemed today). Help please :)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    Been down the rabbit hole of trying to load a clean install of macOS on a Mac Mini late 2014 model

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    I stuck on how to get past this hurdle of doing a clean install of a mac mini late 2014 model.

    There is nothing on the HD that needs to be recovered or saved. Its a single 500gb spinning drive.

    The mac mini is currently loaded with 10.11 El Capitan.

    At first installing 10.11 would fail with the following error "OS X could not be installed on your computer, no packages were eligible for install..."

    I then went into the disk utility and figured I would erase the HD, but it would throw errors that it could not unmount the disk.

    Then I went into the terminal and ran the following cmd,

    - diskutil unmount /dev/diskx

    It still ran error of not able to unmount the disk and tried a second cmd

    - diskutil unmount force /dev/diskx

    This also gave an error

    I then researched more and came up unmounting all the disks, which was showing 15 of them

    - diskutil unmountdisk force /dev/diskx

    All unmounted successfully except for disk 2 which contains the image I believe

    Restart the mac mini and was successful in deleting the main disk and then went into reinstalling the macOS 10.11. It then fails with the original error I got in the very beginning OS X could not be installed on your...

    During the macOS install I have no problem logging into the app store to verify the mac mini with apple and download the macOS

    Was wondering if there is a way out of this vicious loop I've spent hours troubleshooting on or could this be a bad drive.

    submitted by /u/ThanosIG
    [link] [comments]

    For some reason this always happens whenever I use the camera

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    Can anyone tell me what this “feature” is/does. Thanks! Ios14 beta

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    How to restore catalina succesfully? I’ve tried 2 times. One resulted in a logic board replacement and another in a folder with question mark that when reinstalling threw many errors on sierra and catalina using internet recovery. Magically recovered after 10 retries, but what is proper way to wipe?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:31 PM PDT

    Apple Watch side button permanently pressed

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    I have an Apple Watch (Series 1) that keeps showing the slide to power off screen or the recently used apps drawer. It's annoying and frankly quite unusable if it keeps doing it. The button isn't actually stuck, but it registers as such. And, I can't go to an Apple store right now (obviously, pandemic). Any possible fixes? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gd803
    [link] [comments]

    I just noticed this today. Is this safe to use as the wire looks exposed? And those black marks were there since a while. I’ve got this since like 3 years.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    (iPhone X) Safari stuck on white screen, can’t exit it or power off the phone. Tried everything we could find on the internet but it’s still not working

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Hoping this is the right place to post this. But I'm looking to replace the battery in my iPod Classic 160GB and I'm not sure what is a reliable site to get a replacement battery.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    I've seen a few kits on Amazon that come with a new battery and the tools to replace it, which I only really need the pry tools. But the reviews on it are very mixed and it also says I won't receive it until October or November. Hoping someone can point me in the direction of a reliable site and a proper battery for my model of iPod.

    Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/NegativeCreep-
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods gen 1 and battery issues

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:54 PM PDT

    AirPods generation 1 and battery life

    I've had my gen 1 AirPods for 2 years now, and I use them a lot for work calls.

    Sometimes I can go a couple of hours without charging them. Other times I get far less than an hour before they needed to charge.

    I've even resorted to having to charge 1 at a time. It's always the same app (Teams) as well. I fully understand battery degradation (and don't expect them to have the same battery life they did their first year) but am annoyed at the inconsistency.

    Anyone else have this issue? Are gen 2 any better? I've looked at the pros but have no need for any of the noise canceling features nor the fit style (and I've read some overall poor reviews).

    submitted by /u/baummer
    [link] [comments]

    I accidentally tapped on the your phone has a virus pop up.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    It led me to a vpn app on the AppStore. I got out of the AppStore rebooted my phone and cleared all my safari data. I am worried that my phone may have a virus because I tapped on the pop up. Can anyone help me?

    submitted by /u/truckie101
    [link] [comments]

    Ancient keyboard - can it be supported? Can you tell me how?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    New iPhone mic isn’t working

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Got an iPhone XS last month. My first iPhone, love it. The other day I noticed that people couldn't hear me when I put them on speakerphone, but they could hear me when I took them off. Camera videos pick up sound, but voice memos, Snapchat, and FaceTime also don't pick up my voice (or any sound). This is a new issue as I've taken videos with sound prior to this.

    I've done a reset, updated my phone, and called my carrier. They directed me to AppleCare, who want me to send in my phone to fix it. I can't do this because I work from my phone most of the day. I looked up an Apple store to fix and the closest one (BestBuy) has no available appointments.

    Is this a hardware issue or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/saladdalas
    [link] [comments]

    Old number on 2 factor authentication

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    I have just recently bought an iPhone 11, when setting up the phone I forgot the password to my apple id then when I go to do the 2 factor authentication it shows my old number which I forgot to update, so I selected the "I can't use that number" option which then made me recover my account which said it was going to take 5 or so days, fine, 5 days passed, I check what it says now and it says my account will be recoverable in 24 days, why will it take 24 days? also what will happen in 24 days? I don't have proof now that the account is mine and I still won't in 24 days, so what happens in the 24 days that solves the problem that couldn't be solved in 5? I understand that I could be someone trying to "hack" the account, and I don't know how they or I can prove I'm not, but I don't know how waiting 24 days will solve this.

    Sorry if this is a dumb question I'm just wondering if anything can be done that's faster.

    submitted by /u/alonelylemon
    [link] [comments]

    Need help fixing my Face ID

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Hasn't been working for me so I reset it and when I try to add my face again it keeps telling me to put my face in the frame

    submitted by /u/AbeFC
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting texts of a verification code but I do not know what account my phone number it's link to is there a way to figure this out?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    I think it one of my grandparents account but I am not sure

    submitted by /u/Tarzanthekenpoman54
    [link] [comments]

    Sound quality issues between devices

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    OK so ever since I bought the first Apple Watch, the studio has sounded considerably better on my watch then my iPhone, I am currently using a iPhone 11 Pro Max and an Apple Watch series 4, both devices are downloaded on the device, fI have contacted apple support and they said everything seemed fine and bringing it into a store wont matter because they will be as much help as they were. Not well versed on my audio terms so excuse the possibly incorrect terms, the audio on the watch seems mixed, like 3D sound and much more clear on the instrumentals, like I can pick out the single audio from each sound, but the iPhone sounds flat, like everything is one piece of audio is the best I can describe, like 2D, any help with this problem? I am desperate and have tried almost everything under the sun.

    submitted by /u/Comic-Sans-AU
    [link] [comments]

    In the messages app, I have to tap the emoji button repeatedly to get back to my regular keyboard. It’s becoming incredibly annoying. Screen recording shows how many times I have to tap it

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Right justifying in Apple/Numbers on my Mac

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    I am running version 6.1 (6369) of apple/numbers on High Seirra.

    How do I right-justify text in a cell?

    When I go to alignment, everything except LEFT and TOP is grayed out.

    submitted by /u/ReallyRussell
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Numbers -- Inserting a date

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    I am running version 6.1 (6369) of apple/numbers on High Seirra.

    Is there someway to insert today's date as keyboard short cut like control-semicolon in ms/excel?

    My memory is that comand-shift-control-D would do it? But it doesn't work and isn't in the documenation.

    submitted by /u/ReallyRussell
    [link] [comments]

    Texts not showing up even with all notifications on and do not disturb off?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    The texts don't show at all and seem as if they were already read without me seeing them. I've reset my phone multiple times and it doesn't seem to work.

    submitted by /u/RN_FADED
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] - I just got my first ever MacBook Air (2020). It's an Australian model from a store called Officeworks.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    [HELP] - I just got my first ever MacBook Air (2020). It's an Australian model from a store called Officeworks. Very occasionally when I am using it, I see a very brief flash of the screen - it's too fast to recognise what it is, but it's concerning for me. Is there a loose cable? I would offer more of a description but I don't know what potential questions I should be answering questions to. It happens for a 20th or so of a second and I only notice it happening once or twice a day, or once every three to four hours of using it.

    submitted by /u/JustCallMehWhatever
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel