• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 8, 2020

    iPhone Old iPhone 6 has blank screen.

    iPhone Old iPhone 6 has blank screen.


    Old iPhone 6 has blank screen.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:10 PM PDT

    This iphone broke 3 years ago. I got a replacement phone, and never thought of it again. While going through my stuff, I found it. I plugged it in, and sure enough, it connected to my computer. I was able to download the latest firmware and even trust my computer. (I pressed where "trust" should be on the screen.)

    Before it broke, I took it to Apple. They replaced the screen, but that didn't fix anything. They told me that my phone was dead and they can't fix it.

    Now that I found it again, I'm wondering... is it REALLY dead? Or is there something I can do. Looking at my phone, it looks dead. Like it's off. But it's connected to my macbook pro and it shows up. As I mentioned earlier, I updated firmware and everything. The digitizer works apparently since I was able to "trust" my computer. What could be the problem... again. The screen was replaced already and that didn't fix it.

    Any help?

    submitted by /u/exit143
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 A1660 Model No Cell service question - Please help my sorry ass :(

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    So I got this model and the cell service finally died on it. I'm pissed of course and would like to fix it. I tried updating and then reinstalling the update, nothing. Removed and examined SIM, looked fine. Several resets of course. It's my understanding that this is an internal firmware problem.

    If I bring it into the Geniuses (which is a huge pain in my ass since I can't make phone calls, might get coronavirus, and will need to pay for it) will they try anything besides a factory reset? I made a backup on my PC but a factory reset is my last resort since that would also be a pain albeit a minor one with a backup.

    Any other troubleshooting suggestions would be awesome too. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/BootySniffer26
    [link] [comments]

    My Iphone has made a few outgoing calls to contacts by itself. I finally found out why after 2 months.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Mainly making this post so people who are googling this problem can fix it easily.

    There is a setting called voice dial under touch id and passcode. When this is on, your phone can call people while it is locked using voice recognition.

    However, this voice control can easily be activated accidentally by buttons built in to headphones. Also, the voice recognition is terrible. To test it, i coughed into the microphone and it called a random person from my contacts list.

    So if you want to fix this all you have to do is turn off voice dial. Hope this helps someone.

    submitted by /u/ShaunWorshipper7264
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone changing names of songs in iTunes

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! My songs are listed correctly in iTunes, but when I transfer them to my iPhone several of the song names are changed to "Together". I can't find anything about this online. Any ideas? Link to screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/21Vqajo

    submitted by /u/huckingfooligan
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a new apple ID without a phone number??

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    I'm trying to set my iPad up but it keeps asking for a phone number. My phone has been getting a 4013 error and won't restore so I won't be able to use it until I take it to the apple store, which will be on tuesday. I have to go somewhere important tomorrow but cannot log in to my apple ID since I can not turn my phone on. Is there any way for me to create an account without a number?

    submitted by /u/CourshipDating903
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth connection getting worse?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone 7, which I got new about 1.5 years ago. I like using my Bluetooth speaker with my phone, but recently I've noticed the Bluetooth connection doesn't go very far. I can stand with my phone 10 (or even less) feet away with nothing in between, and it starts cutting in and out. The speaker is a JBL flip 5 which is nice and a recent model.

    I swear that when I got this phone + with my old speaker, I could be way further away and the connection would be fine. Could this be happening due to my iPhone being an older model?

    submitted by /u/neither_thing
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning to SD Card adapter question

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    So I'm looking to buy an SD to Lightning adapter but I heard that they don't work with iOS 13. Is this true or is this only an issue with some adapters? If so, do you think you could suggest one that will work? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/KabarXD
    [link] [comments]

    "Other" storage keeps filling

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:04 PM PDT

    I am not doing anything, yet the "other" part of my storage is filling tremendously, and it's making my phone act up, is there any way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/evanlazuli
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone keeps downloading unknown data in the background while charging

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:39 AM PDT

    So I have finally decided to make a detailed post about this problem since Apple didn't bother or have figured out how to patch it through all these years of updates by now...

    I own an iPhone 6S for almost 5 years by now and have documented a non-requested data transfer between apple and the device itself during the last year and a half or more. Unfortunately, issue didn't resolve itself and there are no many answers available over the internet.

    • How did I discover this problem? 
    • Brother started asking regularly if I was downloading something over Wi-Fi that would throttle our whole internet network

    • Phone would suddenly get hot while using it on the charger in the same time as internet started to lag along with it and other devices

    • I downloaded the (Traffic Monitor) app for an iPhone and have set it up on my widget list where I would monitor download or upload network usage at the real time

    I turned off all automatic updates and iCloud backup service and checked it multiple times to make sure that my phone is not doing any of these. I also always keep my apps and iOS fully updated so this is not an issue neither. All apps are force closed during monitoring of network usage (unknown downloading).

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS Phone will not restart after it stops downloading what ever data it is downloading. All I know is that I'm slowly running out of the space.

    I have a 64gb device and last few days ago I had 3gb of free space. Currently I have 1.8gb of free space and I'm not downloading or recording anything that would add up that much to the storage. Sometimes my storage would hang around 1.8gb, then after a day or two it would clear itself up at approximate 3/2.5gb where ridiculous download on charger would appear again (filling it all the way up to the 1.8gb again)...

    So this is what keeps happening to me for more than a year now and I beg someone for solution or a clue before I gently place my iDevice in the trash bin and buy the Android instead.

    P.S. - This problem sounds like some apple update file that fails to install properly, thus making itself repeat the process of downloading and deleting repeatedly over and over.

    My computer-geek friend also volunteered to help and then monitored the recorded packages sent/received between client and my iDevice with Wireshark application "for Windows" over my wifi (only my phone connected), and said that 99% of download activity connects to the "apple.com".

    I don't want to make this sound like some crazy conspiracy theory, but this really went that far. It obviously bothered me enough to research and collect some data about it. Still have no solution..

    Do anyone here have or had the same problem like me?

    Thanks for reading

    submitted by /u/Red_Forest
    [link] [comments]

    I got a sugary beverage in my (OG SE) volume buttons and now they’re stuck. How to fix?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    I know this probably sounds like a troll post, but I'm dead serious. I had less than a swallow of tea left, it tipped over my phone, I thought I'd dried it all but apparently a couple drops got into the volume buttons and sound toggle. The sound toggle works, it's just sticky. (And regular use is loosening it back up just fine.) The buttons, however, might as well be dipped in cement.

    I have a third-party place I normally go for repairs, but they won't touch it because sight unseen they've decided it's not repairable. (When I pointed out that it's just sticky and needs cleaned but I don't have the tools to take it apart, the guy went "well you'd have to completely disassemble it." Yes, and...I'm.....offering to pay you? To do that?)

    Is there a way to fix this at home? Do I have to go to Verizon? I know full well if I go to the Apple Store they're going to try to sell me the new SE. The one I have works just fine, except for this single problem my own dumb ass created, and I do not want an upgrade right now.

    submitted by /u/ninaplays
    [link] [comments]

    need help:(

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    after i reset my all settings my iphone won't respond to adjustments i do. i want to make my notification previews not visible while locked and when i go to settings and adjust it, iphone won't react to it and notifications are still visible if it's locked or no. how can i fix it?

    submitted by /u/redrope1
    [link] [comments]

    Hotspot question

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:59 PM PDT

    Hi, my question was how do I stop my hotspot from turning off when my phone charges. One time I used my hotspot instead of WiFi (cause it was not working) to download something on my pc during the night, when I woke up the iPhone had a message like "all your activities were turned off after having xx% charged" or something similar. Any way to turn that feature off?

    submitted by /u/JimbaJumba
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone will only charge with a portable charger

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    Does anyone know how to fix this...

    submitted by /u/awkwardchickenseed
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 5SE replacement screen blank

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    Just tried replacing an Iphone 5SE screen but it does not turn on, it's just blank, even with the most basic cable connectors attached for testing, I try the old broken screen and it shows the screen fine, so it's not a damaged board problem, is this just the luck of things? i see replacement screens get a bad rep on Amazon.

    Is there anything i could try before getting another?

    cheers guys

    submitted by /u/Whobbeful88
    [link] [comments]

    i need help with my storage

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:13 PM PDT

    ive seen many other people have this problem, the "other" in my storage is taking up almost half of my storage, I don't know why. I'm constantly deleting photos and apps just to keep some storage. The model of the phone is an IPhone XR and I'm running 13.5.1.

    submitted by /u/carahah
    [link] [comments]

    My ex is hacking into my iphone.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    Hello, I desperately need help as most of the apple stores are closed and I don't know what to do about please. My ex and me has nasty break-up two days back, and I belive that he is into my phone and is able to do the following,

    1.Phone types passcode on its on and unlock. 2. Open different applications on its own . 3. While arriving at the destination, the maps open and alerts the location is sent . 4. Opens camera and takes screenshots.

    I don't want to reset my phone, I don't know alot about technology so please help me out over here onto what I do.

    https://streamable.com/cw5lea

    submitted by /u/Throwayhackedphone
    [link] [comments]

    IPHONE 8 PLUS- IOS. 13.6. ——— Passcode wont go back to numeric 6- digit code

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    For a few days now my IPhone passcode won't change back to the 6- digit number. I had changed it after getting a bunch of apps for my work not knowing what I was changing to be honest, but now it's at the point where I have to type a new passcode with a whole bunch of numbers now. Please help me go back to 6- digit!

    submitted by /u/AnDREA36612
    [link] [comments]

    Just shattered my iPhone

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 12:25 PM PDT

    Well my clumsy ass just dropped my phone while getting out of the car — which to no one's surprise shattered the entire back. Not a huge deal as I had recently scheduled an AppleCare appointment for this coming week, to replace my aging battery.

    On my appointment it details that I'm going in for a battery service. Do I need to cancel my appointment and reschedule a new one for hardware damage instead? Or can I just go in and they'll assess whatever needs fixing regardless of what my appointment is for? I'd like to avoid rescheduling if possible, as it's taken quite a while to find an open slot in my local store's schedule. Any advice is appreciated thank you!

    submitted by /u/bencatlin96
    [link] [comments]

    Instagram notifications won’t work

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    I cannot for the life of me get my Instagram notifications on my iPhone XS to work, I've tried EVERYTHING; I've adjusted the notification settings on my phone and the app, I've deleted and downloaded the app again, I've restarted my phone, I've logged in and out and I've even cleared my cache. Can anyone please help? This is really annoying me :( thank you!

    submitted by /u/AphroditeFlower
    [link] [comments]

    FIND MY FRIEND NOT WORKING FOR JUST ONE PERSON

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Hello! So I have been having an issue with the find my friends app.

    When I open the app, for all but one, it loads and updates and says "now" next to their location. For this one person though it consistently fails to update for anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple hours at a time until it turns into location not available and then will eventually come back on for a little and do it again.

    It also sometimes randomly snaps to a location nearby their house, within the range of an expanded blue circle on the map, but not where they are as I'll be talking to them at home. It will show the device location there, even updating and saying "now" there, and then fail to update for hours but then be talking to me on the phone from their house.

    I don't understand why it just is for this one person consistently and everyone else's works. I know this person has an iPad and the location can be changed to show that instead, but I'm not sure if that would explain the location not updating for hours at points and being slightly off of where their house is.

    I'm not great with apple products, first one in my family to have an iPhone, and I'm just trying to understand what would cause this weird problem; any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Petey-Kowalski
    [link] [comments]

    I am trying to airdrop 573 photos in sections from the iPhone 8 to the iPhone 11 pro. The message is “Unable to Share There was an error while preparing to share. Please try again later.”

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    iPhone Memory died - iCloud photo backup?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    So, my mothers iPhone 7 died. the memory chip is damaged, it doesnt boot anymore.

    She had iCloud photos activated up untill a couple of weeks ago - but she deactivated it then. Is there a way we can still access those photos? Or are they gone as well? :-(

    submitted by /u/iGotaproblemz
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 01:55 AM PDT

    Hey guys just wanted to know how to access your iPhones clipboard. (I'm on a 6 if it matters)

    submitted by /u/jimjohn600
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 audio issues

    Posted: 07 Aug 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    iPhone 8 audio issues

    Okay, so my phone has a strange issue right now of playing lower pitched sounds a half-step down from its original pitch (it drives me crazy having the bass out of tune in the song). I've tried this on multiple apps and it seems to be a consistent issue. Any clues on what might be causing this or are there any solutions to this?

    submitted by /u/tyfighter1998
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel