• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 9, 2020

    Apple TV 70th birthday of Steve Wozniak, the cofounder of Apple

    Apple TV 70th birthday of Steve Wozniak, the cofounder of Apple


    70th birthday of Steve Wozniak, the cofounder of Apple

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Feel like your Apple TV 4K Dolby Vision content should just look “better?” An ultra high speed HDMI cable makes a HUGE difference.

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 01:05 AM PDT

    Now I am usually very on top of all things tech-related and optimize all of my setups to the fullest extent, but the state of HDMI cables is something that just totally passed me by and it turns out I have been overlooking something absolutely critical.

    I'm sure that, like me, many of you here are using HDMI cables that you have been slowly collecting since your first Blu-ray player and are under the impression that an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable, and that any expensive or feature-touting option is a waste of money. That latter happens to still be true, but the former is an assumption keeping you from fully enjoying the 4K content that you have probably tried to suppress the voice inside your heard saying you thought it'd look better, but convincing yourself it still looks great. Listen to your gut, it should look better, and that's because you're using a High Speed HDMI cable and not the Premium High Speed that supports up to 4K/60hz, Dynamic HDR, capable of 18 Gbps, and certified by an HDMI authorization standard.

    The best part? They're cheap as dirt! I bought a 2 pack of the ""Ultra Slim" on Monoprice, who is the most widely recommended company for HDMI cables as they are very high quality and head scratchingly cheap. I debated between those and the AmazonBasics ones, which surprisingly are another top quality for the cost value pick available. I spent $7 and change plus a few bucks for shipping. That cable has completely transformed my picture, I'm blown away while watching Our Planet in Dolby Vision in dark room with my jaw on the floor at how just utterly incredible and clear my TV looks. It's literally night and day and I feel as if I didn't truly know what DV/HDR/4K UHD actually was until this point. To finally get the picture I've always imagined my 4K TV's bringing me is an unbelievably satisfying experience.

    So, my advice would be to take a look at the HDMI cable you are currently using to link your ATV4K and determine if you are indeed using just regular high speed cables (there's usually some writing on the cables that you can use to identify with a quick google). If you are, there's virtually no reason not to invest $10 for the remarkable upgrade.

    A quick note - if you're on the monoprice website you'll likely see the "8K" Cables offering 48 Gbps being sold at a markup, but not a very large one so that will be a tempting urge to just go with that. But from what I've gathered (and anyone please correct me it I am mistaken) the only use cases for an 8K cable are if you actually have an 8K display and watching (not yet existing) 8K content, or if you are using eARC for a sound bar. For prettt much everyone here, these will not provide any difference in picture quality and are more for future proofing for down the line. I decided to stick with the regular 4K as it fulfills every requirement i had and the 8K was a waste of money.

    I figured I may as well post a reminder/FYI here that may not be aware of the latest in HDMI technology, and hopefully help a lot of you finally get that perfect picture you've been wanting to achieve but couldn't, and that you are able to do so for such little investment!

    submitted by /u/mg521
    [link] [comments]

    Random close game alerts

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:32 PM PDT

    How do I get Apple TV to stop notifying me about teams I don't care about? I went to effort of putting in my favorite teams, I'd like close game alerts for my teams but this thing seems to notify me everyday about nba games I'd never watch.

    submitted by /u/Adammm4000
    [link] [comments]

    Downloaded 4k vs stream quality?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    I understand that streaming quality isn't as good as a 4k Blu-ray. But what about if you've downloaded the movie? Is the quality better or the same?

    submitted by /u/acinematicway
    [link] [comments]

    Extremely slow when accessing family library ?

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I have run into an issue where whenever I try to access content through the family library, the Apple TV app will either load the library at an extremely slow rate ( talking about more than 10 minutes) or wont load the library at all. I'm only referring to your purchased library. If you manage to click on one of the purchased content, it loads up rather quickly. I've tried contacting Apple and they were no help. It's not an internet issue because the issue seems to only occur when I access a family members library. When I access my own library, I have zero issue. The issue is not also related to library permission because I can access that content quicker ( but still slow) from other apps (the "TV shows Itunes" app on ATV and through other IOS devices).

    Anyone run into this and know of a fix?

    The link provides a visual explanation of the issue.

    https://imgur.com/a/TPFFDAu

    submitted by /u/Toxiccookie93
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K keeps cutting the internet on my wifi off whenever I turn it on.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    My internet will be fine, then I'll turn the apple tv on, and the wifi network will stay up but will lose internet connection for the whole house.

    This wasn't a problem at my old apartment.

    Anyone here had a similar problem?

    submitted by /u/PidgeonBoy
    [link] [comments]

    Inverted colors on AppleTV... sometimes

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    My aerial screensaver no longer shows the location description text on tap or change of shot, why not?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    Really quite simple, don't really get it. It used to say it, now it doesn't. It is not like the remote is broken, it also doesn't say when it first comes on and the gesture works on other apps.

    Am really confused since I don't think there is a setting to turn it off..

    submitted by /u/lukas_foukal
    [link] [comments]

    Function 101 remote

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Got the new Function 101 remote. Seems to work for the Apple TV but I can't for the life of me figure out how to program the remote for my TCL Roku TV. I've read the directions and contacted support. FYI they have given me 2 different directions neither of which seemed to work. If anyone did figure this out please let me know.

    submitted by /u/mikeaton
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi issues on apple tv 3rd gen

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    My apple tv 3rd gen says that it's not connected to wifi. Tried both Ethernet and wireless connection. Software is up to date. Anyone have the same issue? Any tips to get it working again?

    submitted by /u/Pissakakka22
    [link] [comments]

    ATV 4K, frustrating Sportsnet issues (Canada)

    Posted: 08 Aug 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    Sportsnet app: With the 2020 NHL playoffs, there are often 2 games on at the same time - I'll watch one, or most of one and then want to switch to a different game. I exit out of the feed and click on the feed I want to switch to. I'll see the circle "loading" arrow very briefly then nothing. It will not play another game no matter what. I tried logging out and back in but same problem. So I'm forced to use the app on my phone and airplay it. On the ATV, I am able to play other feeds or go back to the game I was watching before, but not a different game for some reason. Anyone else familiar with this bug?

    submitted by /u/TreyGarcia
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel