• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    Apple Macbook IPad Pro our MacBook Air for high school (using it for school a lot and also as a normal everyday thing)

    Apple Macbook IPad Pro our MacBook Air for high school (using it for school a lot and also as a normal everyday thing)


    IPad Pro our MacBook Air for high school (using it for school a lot and also as a normal everyday thing)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    So my birthday is coming up so my parents said I could either do IPad Pro or MacBook Air for school and also as a normal everyday device. I do already have a Mac (the actual computer) I've done some research, and I think the MacBook would be better for school, but I would use the IPad way more. What are y'all's opinion?

    submitted by /u/Mik333e
    [link] [comments]

    Running a MacBook pro-2009 without a fan

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I just wanted to ask if it's okay to use my MacBook without a fan? My dad seemed to damage the fan connector and unable to return it. but when turned it on, the MacBook runs fine. But the fan is not functional. Is it okay to use it without a fan? thank you

    submitted by /u/samclavaton
    [link] [comments]

    Dropped my 16 MBP, its bad.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Juggling too much shit, had my briefcase unzipped and only holding it by one handle. The bag was overloaded, I had just pressed the handle to lock my car and I was trying to get my mask out of my pocket. I accidentally kneed it and the bag did a flip and out tumbled my MacBook. Dont worry, it hit and took a hefty chunk of paint out of my car before landed on the asphalt to add insult to injury.

    It landed square on the top right corner, fell forward onto the curb and then slid about 2 feet. Bent the fuck out of both the bottom and top, landed on the lid and then slid so the apple logo and whole top lid are all scratched. The screen glass shattered, and the actual display is broken (top left 1/4 is useless)

    I had my old MBP for 9 years and never so much as had it fall off the couch. I feel so stupid.

    My question:

    I bought AppleCare+ Will this be covered as "Accidental Damage" ?

    Does anyone have experience with this?

    It's going to need a WHOLE new case and display.

    submitted by /u/FuckingComfy
    [link] [comments]

    Charging Macbook Battery

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Ok so I just bought a new 16 inch Macbook Pro and I really like it a lot. I plan on trying to get at least 4-5 years out of it. Heres my problem, I want to buy a Thunderbolt 3 dock for my setup. The problem with a lot of these docks is they keep the macbook charging ALL THE TIME. And I'm at my desk 60% of time, usually using the macbook. Is buying one of these docks going to mess up my macbooks battery?

    submitted by /u/ramyz_
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Macbook Air 2015 CPU stuck at 500MHz

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    So as the title says my Macbook Air 2015 13' has been stuck at 500 Mhz for the past few days. I tried running all kinds of stress tests but it wouldn't budge. It has made my Mac very laggy and almost unusable. I used iStats to check the temperature but there is no sign of overheating that might cause this. Could anyone tell what's going on here?

    submitted by /u/redditttor1
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2018 vs Macbook Pro 2017

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:28 PM PDT

    I needed a new upgrade from my old Macbook Air, so I was deciding between MBA 2018 (13") and MBP 2017. Both were used (mint condition).

    Don't kill me for this, but I ended up going with the Macbook Air 2018.

    After reading several reviews and comparisons, however, it seems like I have made the wrong decision. Everyone keeps on talking about how worth it the Pro is, and how the 2018 MBA was average.

    Is there anything good about the MBA 2018? I just need words of comfort :(

    submitted by /u/shangh4i
    [link] [comments]

    MAC DESKTOP

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:01 PM PDT

    Anyone here use both a Mac Laptop and Mac Desktop?

    I am a university student currently using a laptop but am thinking in investing in a desktop computer purely to have 2 screens to screen share when watching lectures, researching etc.

    submitted by /u/champagne_mammi
    [link] [comments]

    Perfect Condition Macbook Pro Not Updating

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook from about 2009 on OS 10.5.8 that is literally mint condition and I cannot update software or do anything with it. Tried to even use safari and YouTube with no avail.

    I understand hardware becomes antiquated but does anyone have an answer on how I can make this at least semi functional to maybe run movies or download things without this POS shutting down.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/garryd100
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible just to get a magsafe L cord without the charger?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    My charger is fine but my cord has seen better days, so I want to replace just the cord but all I seem to find is the cord plus charger

    Is it possible to just buy the cord somewhere?

    submitted by /u/Slowhite03
    [link] [comments]

    How is the 2015 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    I need a new laptop for school and Woot has a refurbished scratch and dent 11.6" 2015 i5 128G Macbook Air for $480, is this worth it and will the 2015 still work fine?

    submitted by /u/Sharko97
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple replace my keyboard if my Mac suffers from Flexgate?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    I'm looking to buy a 2017 MacBook Pro 13" on FB marketplace, it's suffering from Flexgate and it also has sticky keys. I know that only the 2016 models are covered under the display repair program, but I was wondering if I might be able to convince an Apple Store rep to replace the butterfly keyboard alone (so I don't have to pay ~$600 out of pocket for a new display) or if I might be able to convince the rep to replace my display free of charge, in addition to the keyboard replacement. I'd appreciate any advice as to whether buying this used Mac is worth it, or if anyone has had similar experiences with Apple. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheMissingLink16
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook screen won’t appear

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    I bought my MacBook Pro last year. I have never dropped or spilt anything on it before. It was working fine today when I shut the MacBook down it was fine as well. When I tried turning it on again it wasn't turning on. The bar on the keyboard was off too. I tried many steps with Apple support but nothing works. The MacBook will charge and has power but the screen doesn't come up. I tried using a flash light to see if the screen was just not bright enough but nothing showed up. Has anyone else run into this issue??

    submitted by /u/AnnoyingRabbit41
    [link] [comments]

    Advice (upgrade/replace parts or sell)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro (late 2011) 13" 4GB I no longer use and I am looking for a sustainable way of disposing of it. The laptop is in an excellent condition (tiny scuffs on the metal casing) and comes with all original accessories (including the box). It does however, need a new battery (the replacement battery sign appears in settings)
    I have two options -

    • Sell (fetching around $400AUD used)
    • Gift to my brother who aims to use it for for Serato (DJ software) and he spends the $350-$450 upgrading the battery, memory (to 16GB) and installing both a fresh SSD (1TB) and HDD (2TB replacing the optical drive), himself.

    He doesn't have a budget for now to purchase a brand new Macbook Pro as he wants to put the money in the DJ equipment.
    I was wondering if anyone had any advice on whether it's worth it for my brother to upgrade, or if he should save for something brand new. Even the standard Macbook Pro's are a min of 8GM RAM. So i'm thinking if it's anything, it's iOS capped at High Sierra that may be the downside.

    submitted by /u/bikinithrill
    [link] [comments]

    What is the possible failures, I have tried with different hard drive? Thanks

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:48 PM PDT

    Newly converted Mac user trying to download printer drivers and needs some expert help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Backstory: long time pc user got her first Mac. I have a printer (Lexmark pro700 series) that I've been faithfully using with no issues for like ~7ish years with no problem.

    Problem: I went to install the drivers for OS Catalina (sp?). But the most recent drivers available were last updated in 2015 and for OS 10.6.5- (pretty sure this is OS Lion). If I install them will I fuck up my Mac? Or is it okay? I called Apple and was on hold for an hour.

    submitted by /u/onefornine
    [link] [comments]

    Bought my first MacBook Pro... First things to do?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    So I bought my first ever apple product in my life and I have to say, buying the Macbook Pro 13'' 2020 was the best decision in my life. The keyboard, screen and speakers are beyond amazing to what I had on any windows machine. So yes, I'm a complete macbook virgin here so I was hoping someone could tell me what are the best first steps and great apps to use?

    As for the reason I bought the laptop... I'm planning to learn programming.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/BrickNo10
    [link] [comments]

    How can I restore Safari tabs lost due to an interruptive MacBook update if they were opened in private browsing?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Any advice?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Question for advanced Mac users: How to remove purgeable space?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    I tried this but it clearly did not work. https://imgur.com/a/otn1vcI

    Daisy Disk seem to allow you to remove it but I don't want to pay for it.

    OS: 10.14

    submitted by /u/FrostyTelephone0
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for screen protector recommendations..

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    So I recently bought my first MacBook Air 2020 for college this year. I've searched for tons of screen protectors and am having a difficult time finding a reputable one: mainly cause they're mostly adhesive ones( noticed a lot of people complaining about the air bubbles, etc.) Im looking for an easy application and/or removable one. If you have any good recommendations please let me know. I'm open to suggestions if there is anything else you'd recommend. thank you!

    submitted by /u/lagueritasarita
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook 2019 or Macbook 2020

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. I'm planning to buy a Macbook air. I'm currently a window user, but I have owned Macbook Air 2015 earlier. I'm getting a macbook air 2019 with touch id(128gb ssd) for $850. What comes as a surprise is that it has all the features of 2020 with same specs(retina display too). I'm not sure which model is that though. However, it is only have a battery cycle of 16 counts. Should I buy a new one or go for this one?

    submitted by /u/maalik_reluctant
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    I just got a new MacBook Air 2017 , is it a good one ?

    submitted by /u/Logical_Reception_56
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE HELP

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    So my brand new Macbook Pro 2020 flickers when it shuts down is this normal or should I be concerned about this? Any help would be freatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/umarr05
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro 15" mid 2009

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    I am thinking of buying this macbook used by another person. It is perfect without details, is it worth it? How many year can it last since now? I do not know nothing about the macbook world.

    submitted by /u/mogul-acido
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel