• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 6, 2020

    Apple Help Can not find dark mode on my Mac after returning from repair

    Apple Help Can not find dark mode on my Mac after returning from repair


    Can not find dark mode on my Mac after returning from repair

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:21 PM PDT

    Hi all, Just got my laptop back from the Apple store and I cannot find the dark mode option. I read guides but when I go to general on my laptop there are no appearance options that let me choose dark, light or auto. I updated to Catalina in case but it didn't do anything. The page starts at appearance for buttons, menu and dock. It was on prior to sending it for repair but now the 3 options with the images are gone. Please help as it really bothers me to not have it on my safari.

    submitted by /u/shehzaad777
    [link] [comments]

    URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE! Restarted my Mac Mini and lost 5 months or research for my masters. I made sure everything was saved before rebooting, typical reboot but when it loaded, everything was gone. Programs I used are there but no files or data

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I have been working on my Masters on my Mac mini for about 4 months now. I always made sure everything was saved and all that. Today the computer was being extra slow so I decided to restart it. When the computer booted back up, everything was gone. All my files aren't there anymore. Some of the programs I downloaded are there but the contents empty.

    I have tried all the basic trouble shooting, checking different users and basic stuff like that. My knowledge of computers is probably slightly better than your average person but I am so lost here and am freaking out

    All my graphs, all my studies and research for the past 4 months gone. Please SOS

    submitted by /u/Adore_Siv
    [link] [comments]

    My phone has used over 800MB of data on just post notifications in the past few days. Does anyone know why this is happening or a solution to this? (iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 13.5.1)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Looks like it’s not only the glass...

    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    How to stop iTunes from automatically recognizing TV shows?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I copied TV shows that were not downloaded from iTunes into my library. However, iTunes automatically recognizes the show and puts its own description and information. I can't put custom descriptions or anything because of this

    I tried getting rid of all the metadata. I also disabled keep library organized, keep and copy, and share my library info with apple. Yet it still knows the TV show!!

    This is on windows.

    submitted by /u/BananasApeUnicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new MacBook Pro arrived damaged.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro and it finally arrived today. I opened the box and took out the computer only to find that there is a nice scratch on the edge of the metal enclosure. I spoke to Apple about it, they opened a replacement request, and informed me that someone would be calling me about it within 11 days. Does anyone know how long this typically takes? I'm thinking that it could be another 3 or 4 weeks by the time I talk to someone from Apple, send in the laptop, and receive my replacement! Does anyone know if Apple does partial refunds? If it's gonna take that long maybe I could just live with it.

    submitted by /u/the_black_fox_
    [link] [comments]

    Issues regarding charging using adapter on 2020 MacBook Air

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    So...

    I recently just purchased a new 2020 MacBook Air (Core i3 Baseline), an LG Ultra Wide monitor, and a Chotech Adapter which includes an HDMI port, USB Ports, and an (up to) 100w USB-C Port for charging the computer. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZZ7Q1GX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Additionally, I have a powered 2.1 speaker system, meaning it comes with a left channel, right channel, and a sub woofer. The amplifier is located in the sub. To connect the amp / sub to the computer, you must use a an RCA to 3.5mm cable. When all connected, sound comes through and the display turns on, using an HDMI cable.

    Here's the problem:

    If I turn the powered amp on with the POWER CABLE already connected to the computer, everything works fine.

    If I turn the amplifier on and then try to connect the POWER CABLE to charge the laptop, I hear a clicking / popping sound coming from what I think are the speakers. Even if I rest the USB-C charging cable right outside the port, the concerning sound is audible. If I try to plug it in further, the computer screen begins to flicker and the computer goes to sleep. The monitor also momentarily flashes multi color stripes. I may have also seen a white spark but I am unsure of this since there is a white LED next to the USB-C port that could have confused me). When the cable is removed, everything is back to normal and the computer and monitor appear to function properly without any issues.

    If the amplifier is kept off, plugging the computer in exhibits no issues whatsoever.

    I feel very confused on why this is happening since the speaker system is in no way related to connected to powering the computer. I have come to this result through much testing and I am afraid that If I continue to use my speakers with the laptop, there will be a surge or a short.

    My only theory is that the RCA to 3.5mm cable that is used to connect the amp with the computer, is sending power to the computer (since the amp / sub is not of the highest quality and is older). This may be causing a circuitry issue.

    I am typically pretty technical, but this has perplexed me.

    Any insight (on the source of the problem and If I could have damaged something already) would be extremely helpful. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want If I was not clear.

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/DaftPunk2001
    [link] [comments]

    My 2015 MBP is having battery bloat for the THIRD time. What do I do?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Apple blamed me for this the first two times and, both times, I had to pay for it because it was "my fault" and I'm just "unlucky" (their words). I call bullshit. I cycle the battery, leave it unplugged occasionally, etc. Now here we are with the same issue a third time. I don't want to schedule an appointment then bring it into an Apple store only to hear them say they won't fix it for free... in which case, I'm throwing this junk in the garbage and buying a Lenovo.

    So... what do I do? Is there a way for me to declare my feisty ultimatum through email or something, so I don't have to risk my health in person during a pandemic? Is there a more than 0% chance of Apple taking responsibility for this?

    Thanks. :(

    submitted by /u/KRAndrews
    [link] [comments]

    Airpods quiet for everyone but me

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 11:02 PM PDT

    So lately whenever i put one of my airpods(gen 2) in one of my friends or familys ears they are always saying that its super quiet or they can barely hear, whilst the audio is perfectly loud for my ears.

    submitted by /u/MadHammer12
    [link] [comments]

    Can not enable “Hey Siri” on iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 13.6

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    Can not setup "Hey Siri" on iOS 13.6

    I recently got an iPhone 6s Plus from a family member. Every time I try setting up "Hey Siri" Siri can't hear me.

    The issue started when I first setup the phone. I skipped setting up Siri and decided to set up Siri the next day. The line that shows voice detection wouldn't move when I spoke but it would pick up things like doors closings or a plate being placed on the table.

    I have... - Tried someone else's voice. - Tried recording my voice on the phone (I can clearly hear myself). - Reset settings. - Reset the phone completely. - Used multiple headsets (voice recordings could hear me but Siri set up couldn't.

    Holding down the home button to talk to Siri has worked consistently though.

    Has anyone experienced this issue and/or have an idea how I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/JMR0102
    [link] [comments]

    Doubt with iphone backups on itunes

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    Back when Itunes was still working I had some backups of different iPhones i had , but when Itunes disappeared i have no idea if i can still get the backups or if they are now unavailable because of itunes disappearance. (Sorry english is not my first language)

    submitted by /u/mexicantamps
    [link] [comments]

    I got 18 gb other storage. How make less? Thank

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 10:45 PM PDT

    Does anyone know where to buy a lightning to headphone jack converter?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:34 PM PDT

    Looking for a converter to be able to use the apple earbuds with a lightning cable with any device that requires a 3.5mm headphone jack.

    submitted by /u/frauleinsallybowles
    [link] [comments]

    I recently bought a refurbished iPhone seven and I can’t turn off the shutter noise.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I did some reading and found out that in some Asian countries the shutter sound is mandatory to prevent unsolicited pictures. I'm in the us where that isn't a law and it gets annoying sometimes. The ringer doesn't work and I can't find any setting for it. Any help here?

    submitted by /u/plsdontbanmeok
    [link] [comments]

    Safari not loading images on certain sites

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    I am having some issues with Safari not loading images. It displays a blue question mark. This mainly happens on my schools website, but it is not an error with the schools website because I can get it to load with other browsers on the same computer (Chrome).

    I have...

    Emptied the cache

    Checked and removed any extensions

    Deleted entire browsing history

    In develop- disable images is NOT checked

    I did basic troubleshooting but can not seem to fix this error. It is happening with the entire Saint Louis University myslu portal, blackboard and canvas. Once again it loads images on same computer with Chrome browser. I have noticed this problem with certain websites, can't recall which ones since I mainly use my school website for daily use, but the point of that statement is that it isn't just with the myslu portal.

    submitted by /u/lauratoliver
    [link] [comments]

    What do apple mobile device management control?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Display issues for MacBook Air

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me before I take a trip to the Apple store. I have a 2019 MacBook Air and it's having some display issues (whether they're hardware or software, I'm not sure). I turn on the computer, the Apple logo shows up, I can log in (there's gray horizontal lines across the display), but as soon as I sign in, I get a black screen. I recently updated to 10.15.6. Any help/ tips are appreciated, thank you!!

    submitted by /u/kflhm
    [link] [comments]

    Apple trade in not for ipods?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    I find it interesting to see they would take other type of products like samsung but not take thei own ipods? Can someone explain to me why is that? Also is apple trade in available only in the US?

    submitted by /u/ElenaSM01
    [link] [comments]

    Does moving zoom to trash MacBook delete all components? Does it differ from uninstalling it within the app?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    This is obscene. Any idea how to fix it?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    iphone Wifi Issues/ need help

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    My phone is constantly disconnecting from wifi then showing no wifi exists, and making my wifi icon go grey in the control center.

    I've tried restarting my phone, it works but then my phone does the same thing.

    I've reseted the network settings, it worked once or twice then didn't help at all.

    Could someone help me please?

    submitted by /u/nightandorday
    [link] [comments]

    Issues of Catalina 10.15.16 in Adobe Creative Cloud when using sleep mode

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    Since I updated to Catalina I have been having this issue that when I try to open my adobe apps (Photoshop - Illustrator - After Effects - Premiere Pro - Media Encoder) my screen goes black for a second and then the app works fine. I disabled the GPU in Photoshop but now my app runs slowly. I have a '16 inch MacBook Pro. I think that the GPU drivers int the last update (10.15.6) are not correct and are the ones that are failing. I tried reinstalling the Os but nothing has changed.

    I reinstalled the apps and I have the same issue. Everytime I close my Mac and put it in sleep mode the adobe apps screen becomes black for a second or two. Photoshop tell me that my display drivers are failing. I really don't know what to do. I really need help.

    submitted by /u/TheReaLillumina1i
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Gift An App to Someone

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    I want to gift the procreate app to someone but I'm on an IPhone and it won't let me gift it.

    Is there a workaround to this other than just giving the person money?

    submitted by /u/36-7-0-11-20
    [link] [comments]

    iPod asking to sign in with a possibly defunct ID and password?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    I have an old iPod from years ago that I found recently. I don't remember the passcode so I did a factory reset. I need the specific ID I used back then but according to the Apple ID lookup it doesn't exist. I don't understand??? Is there another way to get in?

    submitted by /u/RyeNCheese
    [link] [comments]

    Group ft button not appearing

    Posted: 06 Aug 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    Hello! I have an iPhone 8+ with the latest iOS. I'm on a group chat with ~ 10 other people who will frequently start FaceTime calls on that group chat from the iMessage app. This is working normally for everybody else, but the join button never shows up for me, and there is no indication they are FaceTiming. If I try starting a Group FaceTime in the iMessage app, it closes after like 0.5 seconds. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/MiniTyroneofficial
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel