• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 5, 2020

    Apple Macbook If you have an older MacBook, I highly recommend applying new thermal paste.

    Apple Macbook If you have an older MacBook, I highly recommend applying new thermal paste.


    If you have an older MacBook, I highly recommend applying new thermal paste.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    Recently I've applied new thermal paste to my 2015 15" Retina MacBook pro. Even though this is a 5 year old machine, applying new thermal paste gave it a new life. It now runs cooler, and possibly faster!

    I made a video on the process here.

    submitted by /u/Demonitized101
    [link] [comments]

    I made a comparison review video coming from a 2017 13in MacBook Pro

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    MacBook noob here (first time MacBook user) - can I delete these from my desktop now that I've downloaded the apps? Thanks!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Question about Repairs

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    I know this isn't an official subreddit. I was wondering on MacBook Airs, on the plastic part where it says "MacBook Air", I left a little crack in it trying to clean it. If I take it to Best Buy/Geek Squad. Will they be able to fix it and what's a price estimate do y'all think. It's not that big or noticeable. Just annoying.

    submitted by /u/JRCymerman
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Big Sur beta 4 finally adds support for the VP9 codec! (4k youtube in safari)

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    MacBook situation!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    I had ordered a MacBook Pro base model. (8th gen cpu 1.4 GHz 256Gb ssd) and I was sent a mid tier Mac book air. (10th gen i5 cpu 1.1GHz 512Gb ssd) and I have NO IDEA which one I choose. HELP!

    submitted by /u/a_b_b
    [link] [comments]

    Apple delivery date different from UPS

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:41 PM PDT

    I ordered a MBP base model, and apple said the delivery window would be from july 30th to august 6th. Yesterday apple said that my order will arrive at my house on the 5th, but after tracking my package, UPS said it would be delivered on the 8th. It says my package is in a facility only a few hours away from me, so im not sure when to expect it by? I just dont want to sit home all day on the 5th waiting to sign for it if its just gonna come a different date.

    submitted by /u/BluAngelSpedd
    [link] [comments]

    What is the chance that Apple will release a new 15" or 16" MacBook Pro in 2020?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro Mid2015 broke twice

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    I purchased a used MacBook pro mid 2015. About 3 month after using it it had an issue and I was told it needed a new motherboard. The system ram was bad

    I replaced the board and have been using it since up until 2 days ago when it 'restarted due to issues' and now the system checker (D key on startup) says that it's the same memory issue PPM002 and ofc now I'm well outside of the repair window.

    Is there a known issue with these Macs? Is there another part that could be faulty and causing it to say the memory is bad? With the corona issues at work I can't exactly afford another mainboard for this aluminum paperweight.

    submitted by /u/USFrozen
    [link] [comments]

    Oh yeah my first macbook

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    macbook pro or air for college?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    hey guys, i'm in incoming freshman majoring in biochem this upcoming school year. just a forewarning, i'm not super knowledgeable in the different quad cores and things like that. i've been debating between the MBP and MCA for a while now, and i need some advice as to which one is better for notetaking (microsoft), entertainment (netflix, youtube all on chrome), occassional video editing (for fun), etc. i've had a MBA for quite a while and it's been great for me, but i have seen many complaints about the cooling system for the new MBA and it's a little concerning for me. i'm trying to look for a macbook that will last more than 4 years and hopefully up to my grad school years, any advice?

    submitted by /u/confusedincollege1
    [link] [comments]

    So cursed...

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Pros and Cons of MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro for upcoming academic year. Which to select for needs?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I need to purchase a MacBook now so I can't wait for arm. No, I don't want to upgrade to 16GB.

    I browse Safari to pay bills, read, and I do video calls. Some Word and Excel. That's it.

    I can get the Air for $900 (i3, 8GB, 256GB) versus Pro for $1250 (i5, 8GB, 256). Price difference is $350.

    Which one should I purchase and why?

    submitted by /u/mangocasio
    [link] [comments]

    Help?! I went through my recently deleted photos on MacBook Pro, found a few videos that I wanted to keep, so I selected a dozen of them and clicked “recover”. Where do these videos go now? How can I access them?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    Got a tiny bit of water on my mac, charger was fidgeting for a little bit, but now its working fine! Am I good or should I take further action?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Basically exactly what the subject says. I spilled some drops of water on the back of my Macbook (2017) near where the laptop folds. When I tried to charge it the laptop would show it constantly switching from charging to not. I shook some of the water out of the charging port (I now know I shouldn't shake) and I let it dry for about an hour or two before overeagerly plugged the charger back in. But now it is working fine and charging with no fidgets! There was never any apparent problems besides the fact that it wasn't charging. Am I okay or should I do something more?

    submitted by /u/chocolatemilk03
    [link] [comments]

    Should I Buy a $100 13" MacBook Mid-2009?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    Hey y'all.

    I'm currently running a 2009 Acer Aspire 7736Z that runs Windows 10. It hasanethernet and LAN port, HDMI and VGA ports, 4 USBs ports, a K-Lock, an SD/xD/miniSD card reader, CD/DVD burner and 3 audio input/output ports. Would I be foolish to but a $100 MacBook to replace my Acer? The MacBook is thinner and more stylish compared to my bulky Aspire. The MacBook runs El Capitan but I'd update it to a newer OS.

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ItsLightning17
    [link] [comments]

    Diskimages helper -- why is it grabbing so many of my resources? I'm running Mohave

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 04:05 PM PDT

    Plugged in but drains to 87% before charging up again

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    Anyone else have this issue? I have a 2017 MacBook Pro and for the past couple of months I've realized that once a day my battery will decide to stop charging. It will go down to about 88-86% before it magically starts charging again. Nothing I do during that time will make it charge. I will try changing ports/unplug and plug back in. I took it to Apple since my AppleCare was coming to an end and they told me that there is no hardware problem and the only way to fix it to to wipe out the Mac and reinstall the OS as a new MacBook. Being that I am in the midst of studying for boards at the moment, I don't really have that time to spare. So my question is whether anyone else has experienced it and if reinstalling the OS is the only fix. It doesn't bug me right now being that my Mac is always on my desk plugged in but once I'm back out on rotations, I'd hate to have a dead battery. I've tried letting the battery die completely and charging it back up to 100% to try and recalibrate it and still nothing. Thank you in advance for any insight!

    submitted by /u/Board_Dependent
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an idiot.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I have a fun story. I was trying to get rid of the Big Sur. I just opened the recovery tool and tried to reinstall catalina. The installation failed tho. (I'm dumb enough not to erase the disk before downgrading. Then idk how but i corrupted the Big Sur and the Mac kept on bootlooping. I nearly had a heartattack and after force restarting, there was that crossmark sign. I googled what it means and it said it means incompatible OS. Then i ran the recovery tool again and reinstalled Big Sur. The Big Sur has a very little minor bug that when the screen turns off, the installation restarts and goes from the beggining. So to be able to see my desktop again, i've been moving the mouse so the screen doesn't turn off for the past 1hour minimal. Even my slow ass Wifi helped.

    submitted by /u/Marko787
    [link] [comments]

    Touchpad issues

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    My touchpad just stopped scrolling and every other thing that requires 2 fingers. I can move it and click, BUT I cant scroll or see the desktops and stuff. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Teenie100_908
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal? Always wondered, been like this for a year I think.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    MacBook Air. 2013 Stuck On Progress Bar.

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:12 PM PDT

    Some back story, I had put an old SD card into the laptop, to look at some old pictures and then this all started. I also took it to Best Buy to get fixed, they whipped my computer said it was fixed I got it back, worked for about a week started doing the same thing. I can not get it off the progress bar. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/danipaci-
    [link] [comments]

    My old mac book is not booting without battery

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    I have recovered a macbook white, the first generation, core 2 (not duo) early 2006. I cannot boot it. It sounds as the cdrom starting, the screen flash a little, but then it remains black and the led blinks. Nothing more.

    I remember last time I got this problem I change the battery (it is surely bad) ... but I want to boot whitout the battery, is it posible?

    thank

    submitted by /u/otosan69
    [link] [comments]

    External SSD

    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Is there any need to get a backup external SSD? I have enough space on my MacBook Pro, but is it worth it for the purpose of backing up my school assignments?

    submitted by /u/heygoldy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel