• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 2, 2020

    Apple Help Any way to reset iPhone SE (original) without using the power button? Mine’s gone into ridiculous zoom mode. It’s done it before but when I turned it off/on it fixed itself. But...the power button’s been broken for a while.

    Apple Help Any way to reset iPhone SE (original) without using the power button? Mine’s gone into ridiculous zoom mode. It’s done it before but when I turned it off/on it fixed itself. But...the power button’s been broken for a while.


    Any way to reset iPhone SE (original) without using the power button? Mine’s gone into ridiculous zoom mode. It’s done it before but when I turned it off/on it fixed itself. But...the power button’s been broken for a while.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Any ideas on clearing up storage? My “Other” storage is taking up 38 GB. And even if I delete apps/photos/messages, the “Other” category just uses up more space.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    [Macbook air 2020, MacOs 10.15.6] How do I change what opens downloaded apps?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    So I was downloading an app from chrome but I can't open it cause my subscription to the app that I set to "Use to open downloaded apps" ended, how do I change what is used to open downloaded apps to normal again?

    submitted by /u/KrilitzK
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted iMessages but storage isn’t going down

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I'm on an iPhone. I had 40gigs of iMessages! I went through and deleted all the messages and when I see the storage through iCloud it still shows 40gigs. I'm taking up most of the family iCloud space.

    I've tried a hard reset and turned iMessages on/off. Anything else?

    submitted by /u/Mastacon
    [link] [comments]

    How to Disable Touchbar Macbook Pro?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    I am trying to disable the Touchbar and remap the esc button as my Touchbar has been broken, meaning it just constantly presses random buttons on it which is a pain. I have deactivated all of them except the esc button (The only one you can't). There are old sources that point toward a Github way called Touchbardisabler, however this is now not available to to download anymore. Just wondering if anyone has the file to do this or is there another way to go about it? It is a 2018 model running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Cheers

    submitted by /u/Inspiring_Spring
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix out of focus monitor for Mac with broken screen? (I'll put more info in the comments)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    How do I temporarily stop sharing location on Find My Friends without them receiving a notification?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    I have a really strict mom that made me share locations through Find my Friends a long time ago, which i completely understood, however now I'm 18 and living my own life away at college but she still checks it and invades my privacy. I deleted the app and she got a notification saying i stopped sharing locations and she immediately called and started freaking out on me saying I clearly have something to hide. Thats not the case at all, I just want to be able to do my own thing without having my privacy invaded you know? I make my own money and take care of myself but this doesn't really mean much to her and whenever i bring it up causes a huge problem with her. Its frustrating, I've been looking for a way to hide my location temporarily, maybe an hour or two, without notifying her of that at all. Does anyone know a method that would for sure keep me off the radar for a few hours but still allow me to use my phone freely while I'm out?

    submitted by /u/sourpatchkiz
    [link] [comments]

    WhatsApp suddenly not working, but no update prompted this and nothing fixes it. Please help!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I have a Samsung phone and a Mac laptop, with WhatsApp synced to both interchangeably.

    For some reason—without any update—WhatsApp on my laptop just opens now, but with no window. Nothing brings up the dialogue window that normally opened when I'd open the actual program.

    I have no idea what to do.

    I downloaded an older version, because I've never had this problem before, but as soon as I open it, it updates and then resumes the problem.

    If anyone can help with some pointers as to how to fix this, I'd be very grateful.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/woodntable
    [link] [comments]

    How to get retina screen to auto power off when connecting to external display?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    So I found this Apple article on how to mirror the display when connected to an external display. However, every time I do this, my MacBook display stays on and I have to manually dim the screen (to extend the life of the display), but I'd like to have this happen automatically when I connect the external display. Is this possible? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/puremath369
    [link] [comments]

    Help! What should I do with this?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    Wife and daughters phone show up identically on airdrop- does anyone know why?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 09:07 PM PDT

    Years ago my wife upgraded her iPhone and gave her old model to my daughter. My wife kept her old number and a new phone number was assigned to my daughters phone. I discovered shortly after that an airdrop to my daughters phone would instead go to my wife's. In fact my wife's phone only shows up with my daughters name on it in available airdrop devices. I Last November they both got new phones but still, the only device I can see when I try to airdrop something to either one of them is identified with my daughters name. Not sure why this would be happening. Has anyone ever encountered this?

    submitted by /u/MuseumGoRound13
    [link] [comments]

    Music playing whille music app not running in background

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    So i as doing stopmotion on my phone and i have earpods connected to the phones as a remote (when you press + it takes a picture) and i noticed something was playing and music was playing from my music app even though it wasnt running in the background, it kinda creeped me out, im on ios 14 beta, iphone 11, not jailbroken or anything

    submitted by /u/CommunistEmmet
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Apple Pencil Gen 2

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Hi, So about a year or more ago I bought an Apple Pencil 1 gen and I ended not using it very much since at the time I didn't really use my I pad pro as much as I use it now. So because I didn't use it and there is no on and off button the battery went down. I hadn't realized since I didn't use it. Once I started using it again I say that it had problem connecting to my I Pad and it was always at 3% battery and it wouldn't charge even after I left it charging for hours. I later found out that the battery was messed from not using it and generally if it went under 5% it would stop working. So my question is does the Apple Pencil gen 2 have the same problem? I don't want to buy it if it's going to stop working if I didn't use it for a period of time.

    submitted by /u/Spacepug22FCB
    [link] [comments]

    If I turn off iCloud photos to save space on my phone and turn it on once in a while, will new photos on my phone get added to my iCloud?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I have too many photos on my iPhone XR and I was under the impression that when increasing my iCloud storage all my photos would be practically stored on there without taking up space on my phone.

    If I turn off iCloud photos, so that all my photos that are stored on my iCloud will be removed from my phone (and hopefully remain on the iCloud), can I turn on iCloud photos every once in a while and pretty much have all my new iPhone taken photos be added to iCloud photos? And then can I just keep turning it off that that it doesn't take up any space?

    If there are other options, I would really appreciate those too. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/vmuchopinion
    [link] [comments]

    So I recently got a new iPhone 10 and all my old songs transferred fine and they show the “downloaded with the check” symbol beside them. I just bought some new songs today, and they won’t show the downloaded symbol and I don’t know how to make it show that. Any help?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:26 PM PDT

    Damaged mid 2010 iMac display cable/connector.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    Recently I purchased another iMac to tinker with, a mid 2010 model (21 inch). The original owner was attempting to replace the hard drive, and ripped the cable off the board (since apple seems to have purposely designed for this to happen). After buying it and looking at it myself, it seems it might have gotten lucky and only damaged the cable, which AFAIK is only about $20. 2nd thoughts? I could put an order in for it, but only if I know the logic board connector is still good.

    http://imgur.com/gallery/iHqJCfI

    submitted by /u/SurroundingKatana
    [link] [comments]

    2011 Macbook Air - Migration Question

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    Hello Everyone! I have a question --- and I need some help with it.

    I have a 2011 Macbook Air (A1370) with a bad logic board. Won't turn on. No backup. No time machine. No iCloud. Nada. It's a doorstop.

    So, there are things on the HD that I need. Would it be possible for me to crack this bird open (by gently removing screws and accessing the hard drive area), remove the HD (I think it's the stick version), and use it via an external HD enclosure to migrate info to a new mac?

    Or, is there any way to make a time machine backup/or clone of it to be used by migration assistant?

    Thanks in advance! Cheers!

    submitted by /u/YonderMTN
    [link] [comments]

    How to PERMANENTLY fix grayed out files with Mounty, (even fstab) on my NTFS external drive

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:31 PM PDT

    Good evening! I hope everyone is well. I had a question for the masses. I am having a hard time with Mounty and for that matter any form of mounting NTFS drives. My FreeAgent GoFlex 1.5TB External HDD has been great for many years. I am now having issues with the "grayed out file phenomenon" with mounty issues illustrated here:

    Now I can use the command and it restores my file as indicated but every single time I unmount my drive and remount it the same files are having this same issue repeatedly. Currently I have discontinued my use with Mounty and have moved onto mounting my drive in R & W with fstab which works but still provokes the same issue. Is there ANY way to get this to stop PERMANENTLY??? The files are inaccessible through windows 10 as well. I have also cleared other file attributes using the. "ls -@0eln " syntax too. Again all issues return either on reboot or remount of the drive. Please let me know what you think.

    site: https://mounty.app/

    ***I used to use NTFS-3G via Brew but the instructions for Catalina have gotten vastly complicated yet I do as instructed but still cannot seem to get auto-mount R & W to work properly so if anyone has any thoughts there too please let me know. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/stakeout5
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to install a Lynx L22 audio card into 2009 Mac Pro 5,1.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 07:11 PM PDT

    I've got two free PCI slots but this card just doesn't fit in either of them. The puzzling thing is that I've looked up to find pictures of other PCI slot types to see which one this card should work with (looking up specs on the card everything just seems to say it is "PCI express") and I've yet to find one that looks like it would slot in. This is what the connectors of the card look like. And this is the type of slot I have.
    That end piece (the one closest to the back plate that would poke out the back of the computer) has 11 connectors and then a gap before the longest segment, before there's another similar gap. That first gap is just too wide to fit into the gap in the slots on my computer.

    Can anyone tell me what slot this should fit into?

    submitted by /u/crom-dubh
    [link] [comments]

    Help- Macbook stuck on this after instaling and restarting the “Lulu - obejective see firewall”.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Ancient iPad 2 crashing/update issue

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 06:51 PM PDT

    Hey all, my old iPad is running IOS 9.0.2, which is fine. I only use it for YouTube, and it gets the job done.

    I've always had updating issues even when the tablet was relevant (had to take it to Apple years ago)

    I've thought about updating to 9.3.5, which obviously does not work no matter what to do. (Updating through my MacBook Air doesn't work either) it always ends up with the iPad crashing.

    Which also leads me to my issue; its been starting to crash randomly, leaving me on the Apple logo for 10 minutes. Even when it's idle on YT.

    I've done a few setting resets but never wiped it completely. Any suggestions on the crashing issue ?

    Either way, I think it's time for a long needed upgrade haha. Just thought I'd ask about this

    Edit: just thought I'd add I've never tampered or attempted to jailbreak

    submitted by /u/jj_ayda
    [link] [comments]

    What size MAGIC KEYBOARD for iPad Pro does it feel like you're using a laptop keyboard?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    I'm planning on purchasing an iPad Pro with MAGIC KEYBOARD but I have this concern re the feel of the new keyboard.

    I want it to feel like I'm typing on a macbook size keyboard. So for people who've been using a MacBook Pro or Air that also have the iPad Pro with Keyboard. Is the 11inch iPad Pro with Keyboard enough or did you decide to get the 12.9inch instead?

    submitted by /u/confusedperson011
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone badge on Messenger app with little points - what does it mean?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:48 PM PDT

    Brand new iPhone 7 - apps keep crashing/refreshing

    Posted: 02 Aug 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    I've only had my iPhone a few days, it is fully updated to iOS 13.6. I'll be browsing on safari and the whole app will just reset, or I'll be listening to music on Spotify and it'll stop playing and refresh the app. This has been going on since I first set my phone up but it seems to be getting worse. Anyone know what's going wrong or how I can fix this?

    submitted by /u/Vixtol
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel