• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 19]

    iPhone Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 19]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [July 19]

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Tech Support thread for /r/iphone.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly.

    Please be informed that any questions about bypassing iCloud lock, or anything similar that may infer that you are trying to get access to a locked iPhone, are no longer allowed and will be removed. Thank you.

    Join our Discord room for support:

    Discord

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    This is the previous archive of all previous "Daily Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    Here is a previous archive of all previous "Weekly Tech Support" threads, which has now changed to Daily Tech Support Thread. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Weekly Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    A lot of people might not like it but I gave this a try! Any comments?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:19 AM PDT

    I wish I could delete any app from the pull-down search interface. Why limit the options to sharing the app?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Turning iPhone into a portable writing center.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of using my 6s+ as a writing center. I've begin working on my novel again lately. & while traveling and going places right now is trivial. It doesn't rule out the future. I use to use my laptop as everyone did to write on the go. However lugging around a 7lb model with all the extra bits is/was consuming and just a pain.

    I recent just built a desktop so buying/repairing my old laptop seems redundant. Since I always have my phone I figured, why not just use that to write on. I know it can be done. But is the set up I have in mind too much for the phone or just not doable in the mindset I have?

    The idea I had was to buy a Bluetooth keyboard (the ones with the folding case) a Bluetooth mouse. To cover my inputs. I saw that there are Thunder to VGA/HDMI cables and multi tap cables. As well as mini screens to use for better visuals.

    Could something be put together with all that to achieve my goal. Can the phone handle all the cables or is there a limit. While yes I could just buy a portable/digital typewriter and invest in a netbook. I'm looking to make a challenge of it.

    submitted by /u/p1xelprophe7EXE
    [link] [comments]

    How do i get rid of this purple hue on steal band I am starting to get on my iPhone X ?(had it since launch)

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    I plan on switching from Android when the iPhone 12 releases. Do iPhones/iOS have a "screensaver" feature like the Samsung Galaxy S9?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:22 AM PDT

    After my iPhone 4, I switched to the Galaxy series and have used Galaxy's ever since. I've now had my Galaxy S9+ for 2 years (I decided not to upgrade to the S10 or S20) and haven't paid that much attention to Apple, iOS, or iPhones as a whole (iPhones don't have Bixby, so I'm already sold.)

    One of my favorite features of the Galaxy S9 (I'm not sure if it's included in future Galaxy models) is the Screensaver feature. If you turn this feature on, while your phone is charging, your phone screen will randomly show an image from a selected album(s) for about 10 seconds.

    I know that no one knows whether it'll be a feature included with the iPhone 12 or future iOS updates, but I've been trying to look up whether current iPhones have access to this feature. I'll be switching to iPhone this fall, regardless, the Screensaver feature is just one thing I'll miss about this phone.

    submitted by /u/darthyubnub83
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone charger got wet and one of the gold stuff got damaged. It still works but is it safe to use?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Idk if this is the place to ask this but if I have some deep and surface scratches on the back of my iphone XR, do you think those liquid glass screen kits would hide them or maybe even fix them? This kind of just popped in my head and didnt really know where to get an answer.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:29 AM PDT

    iPhone 6, 7, and SE owners: Here's how to get $25 from Apple

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    Nicknames in calls

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Hey is there a way to have the nickname show when somebody calls you, instead of the full name? I have short name on and the nickname shows on the message app, but not for calls Thanks

    submitted by /u/vascoddurao
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel