• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/01

    iPad Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/01


    Weekly r/iPad Discussion and Tech-Support Thread - 07/01

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related. You can suggest or ask about iPad apps, accessories, post about your iPad art, tips & tricks etc.

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assit you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past D&TS threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread - 07/01

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:37 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!


    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the mod team will do their best to assist you.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Later on, please consider giving back by answering other people's questions when you can!

    Click here to see past WSIB threads.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Best cases for 12.9" pro 2020 version?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    On the hunt for a nice case for the 12.9 inch 2020 ipad pro.

    I was originally looking for something that would allow me to rotate the ipad and still stand it up in portait mode, but I barely found anything like that, and I realized I can just get a normal case and a stand if I want to set it up in portrait mode.

    So I want to find a nice case on the slimmer side, possibly a folio type as I would mainly be bringing it back and forth to work in an office environment. Not looking for anything too expensive like the magic keyboard. What are your suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Symji
    [link] [comments]

    Minimalistic iPad setup

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    Apple Watch keyboard in notifications?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I just got the iPad Pro 11' 2020 version last week and I was going through settings and noticed there's an option titled "Apple Watch keyboard" in there that has permissions for notifications. Does anyone else have this or know what it is? It isn't an app for sure.

    submitted by /u/fuckmefuckyoufuckoff
    [link] [comments]

    Where to Buy 10.5” iPad Pro?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I currently have a 6th gen and am looking to upgrade to the 10.5" iPad Pro. Does anyone know the best places to buy one new? I know I can get them second hand from eBay and swappa and such but couldn't find any new models. Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/lamboi133
    [link] [comments]

    Moving from Magic Keyboard to an Easel Setup

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Sorry for the long-winded background— there's a TL;DR below.

    I've just upgraded from a 1st gen to the latest 12.9", with a magic keyboard and Apple Pencil.

    So far I am very pleased with the performance and ease of use. For my needs at present, I can easily use this setup as a computer replacement.

    However, I also consistently use the iPad as my go-to illustration and design tool. (Procreate and Affinity, both awesome.)

    I find the hack of flipping the magic keyboard into "easel mode" not quite a desirable fix. It has a bit of give and feels like it still can collapse to the table.

    I have an ElevationLab draft table that I used with my 1st gen which worked fine— I had a simple folio for it (and smaller camera) so it was flush with the surface.

    I worry using the iPad Pro (caseless) against this draft table could damage the camera and/or the body, let alone a potential wobble. I'm not manically pressing down with the Pencil mind you, but I don't want to try it until I ask around for thoughts.

    Switching to a separate folio whenever I need to draw/design would be an annoyance, but perhaps one worth experiencing if it means keeping the device in solid condition.

    *TL;DR: Would using my caseless iPad on a draft table ruin the camera/cause the body to bend? *

    Thanks for reading. 🌚

    submitted by /u/momolife
    [link] [comments]

    Scribble in Goodnotes 5

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Do the scribble features in ipados 14 work in goodnotes 5?

    submitted by /u/RedditLearning
    [link] [comments]

    Not able to delete the photos from iPad

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    My iPhone photos were getting synced to iPad earlier so all my photos were visible on iPad as well. But now I don't want my iPhone photos to be synced with my iPad so I logged off from my iPad's iCloud account and thought that I will delete the photos individually from iPad but those photos are still appearing on my iPad. Any idea how to clean up the photos from iPad completely?

    Hope I am able to explain my problem clearly.

    submitted by /u/ripalshah
    [link] [comments]

    DAE get this pull tab when trying to use Slide Over with the Magic Keyboard?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Siri keyboard shortcut

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Is there a keyboard shortcut for Siri, or if there's a way to activate it from the spotlight search?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/holsten_m
    [link] [comments]

    Mirroring Ipad to Computer?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I am looking for an easy program to mirror what I'm doing on my Ipad to a computer screen so that I can stream my artwork online (I do my work on the Ipad). I've tried a few apps but they have crashed often. I liked AirServer but it wants me to pay $40 for a license, which isn't too bad but I'd like to know if there are any cheaper options. Does anyone have anything they would recommend? I don't mind spending a little bit but I'm not made of money.

    submitted by /u/wolfshallows
    [link] [comments]

    Free alternative to pythonista or code editor in iPad?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:20 AM PDT

    I'm looking for free alternatives that can be used for coding. Is there any free alternatives besides those 2 i mentioned? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Nastynoob3
    [link] [comments]

    Add different Apple ID for Facetime/iMessage?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I recently got a new iPad. I signed it up with my Apple ID but it will also be used by my family. Now I wanted to know if I can add another Apple ID so if someone wants to facetime with my mother for example they simply call her ID instead of mine. Same thing with iMessage. I already deactivated my phone number in the Facetime settings so it wont get notifed when someone calls me via my number.

    I hope you guys understand what I mean :D

    submitted by /u/ArmanTheBest
    [link] [comments]

    Clip Studio Paint or Procreate?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    So I got an Ipad and an Apple Pencil a while ago, and I don't know which painting app to choose. I've used Krita and currently using Photoshop on PC. I've messed around in IBIS Paint and the free version of Clip Studio Paint, but a thing that drives me raging mad is how in both I have to open a window every single time I want to pick colors.

    I'm thinking of Procreate, but I have heard that Clip Studio has more features and is similar to PS? Also, is Clip studio subscription-based on Ipad, or is it a one time purchase? Does Procreate have a subscription?

    Please just help a fella out here, could use some advice.

    submitted by /u/Zillia64
    [link] [comments]

    My Iron Man skin themed 2020 iPad Pro (within the post I included video of removal of dBrand Black Dragon skin and replacing with Yellow skin)

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    Looking for an iPad case that protects all the edges as well.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Looking for an iPad case that protects all the edges as well.

    I bought 2 from amazon that don't do a good job at all tbh.

    the first one is the Moko case which is nice but I would like more protection tbh.

    Moko Case

    The second one is a generic case from amazon that does have edge protection but nit well tbh.

    Second case

    I really like the case I have for my iPad mini 5 (LTE, which I'm selling if interested lol, look in my post history).

    Decent Folio Case with pencil Holder That I really like.

    anyway, any help it's appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Aarenas52
    [link] [comments]

    Using ipad with external monitor to write with apple pencil

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 04:40 AM PDT

    Summary of what I want: I want to write with my head straight looking forward without the need to even look down on the ipad.

    So I want to use ipad with external monitor so that I don't have to slouch my head.

    I thought about duet display, but it does the opposite of what I need since it changes ipad to the display of pc but not pc to the display of ipad as I would want.

    If there exists a solution for linux I would be more then happy, if not I can use windows.

    Is going for an adapter lightning to dp/hdmi a better option.

    A side question: my professor uses an ipad with external display in his lecture, but he sees a dot before the pen hits the surface so that he doesn't have to look where he writes. What is a solution for that?

    I use notability as my program but I can change that if another problem has a functionality that I am looking for.

    submitted by /u/sharpmind123
    [link] [comments]

    Pens with programmable shortcuts that work on OneNote?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:31 AM PDT

    I have the Air 3, and as such am unable to use Pencil 2. I know of several pens with programmable shortcut buttons, but none of them seem to work with OneNote. I know OneNote supports the P2's double-tap feature, are there any 3rd party pens that somehow work with OneNote with shortcuts?

    submitted by /u/guylfe
    [link] [comments]

    Adblock Help

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Is there an adblock that stops ads from opening a new Safari tab? For context, I'll watch a show on a less than scrupulous site. Occasionally, if I touch the video player on the site for any reason (rewind a few seconds, pause, whatever else), it'll open a new tab since it seems I clicked on an invisible ad.

    I have 2 adblocks activated, Adblock and Ad-Blocker Pro with most of the settings on (except "Block Comments" in Ad-Blocker Pro but I don't think turning it on will help anyways).

    For the most part, the sites in the new tab opened by the invisible ad will be blocked. However, the problem is that it still opens and detracts from the video. Is there any specific setting or adblock that can stop these sort of pop ups?

    submitted by /u/atastyfire
    [link] [comments]

    Meta-Data, Faces, etc. in Photos for Ipad

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Is there a way to add keywords, Title, Faces to pictures in the photos-app on iPad or is a Mac computer necessary?

    If a computer is necessary, will Apple ever add all the features of Photos for Mac to the iOS/iPadOS version?

    submitted by /u/DeppJones
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Pro 2020 has no Atmos support?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Under specs I can't find any mention of Atmos on the latest iPad Pro which is insane considering the iPhone 11 has it and it uses much weaker speakers and a far smaller screen for content consumption.... Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/DareDevil01
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel