• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 1, 2020

    Apple Help My screen times says that I’m always using settings. Even when I’m not on my iPad.

    Apple Help My screen times says that I’m always using settings. Even when I’m not on my iPad.


    My screen times says that I’m always using settings. Even when I’m not on my iPad.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:52 AM PDT

    Battery issues with iOS 13.5.1

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    Anyone else experiencing weird battery issues after the last round of updates? Not the beta software, I'm talking about iOS 13.5.1

    Since the update the Mail app is burning through my iPhone battery (original SE). I've tried deleting the account (Gmail) and setting it up fresh, but it's still burning through battery at a crazy rate. According to the Battery stats in Settings, Mail is responsible for 90% of my battery drain.

    Battery Health is 98% and Normal Peak Performance Capability.

    Everything was fine until the update—well relatively speaking since Mail has been horrible in iOS 13 for a multitude of reasons, but until this update battery wasn't one of them.

    My thought is Mail is constantly trying to sync in the background. I say this because when I open Mail the activity spinner in the Menu Bar never stops spinning.

    In fact, syncing in general has been worse on all my devices since the last round of updates: Apple TV 'Up Next' (iPad and Apple TV out of sync), Reminders, Mail, Calendar—basically anything that syncs. Syncing has been bad for the entirety of 13, but it jumped up to a new level of bad with the last updates.

    Just wondering if anyone else has seen similar issues.

    submitted by /u/CaptainKangotude
    [link] [comments]

    Is the Ipad 10.2" worth it in 2020 for a student?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    Any idea why a support approved OOW iPhone swap for a non-repairable issue would get sent to depot?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    About a week and a half ago, my nearly two year old iPhone X bricked while trying to update to iOS 13.5.1. This was not my original unit (purchased directly from T-Mobile in March of 2018) but rather a replacement from London's Regent Street Apple store (an EU unit with added graphics on the back and I was told slightly different software controls.) I had issues doing the initial data migration onto the EU phone, which makes me think that it might be relevant to mention. Also, phone is out of warranty and never had AppleCare+.

    Anyway, after a failed install of 13.5.1, my phone got sent into a boot loop that I cools not stop or turn off. I tried recovery mode, DFU mode, and a couple other things but nothing worked and my computer (2017 MBP) wouldn't even recognize the phone when it was plugged in.

    Tried the same fixes while on the phone with support who told me to let the phone die and get it to a store as soon as I could get an appointment. That ended up being a little more than a week later. The phone got uncomfortably hot while the boot loop was draining the battery.

    Five days after the initial boot loop, I decided to try DFU mode again but changed the order in which I did some things. Miraculously it worked and my phone returned to normal. While almost normal. FaceID wouldn't work and trying to reset it did nothing. The setup process told me to move the phone up and move the phone down in a never ending loop.

    Took it in to the store for a Genius Bar appointment and diagnostics revealed that the only thing wrong was a failed FaceID sensor which is a component that can't be repaired or replaced - this type of failure warrants a full phone swap. I was quoted the OOW replacement cost of $549 which I was not willing to pay at the time. The FaceID issue was not present before the update and I don't think that I should have to pay to resolve something that was very likely the result of overheating from a corrupted update attempt.

    The store manager pretty much told me to pay up or leave and refused to do anything. I ended up calling phone support again to see what they could do now that I had a definite diagnosis. It took many hours over two days and as many supervisors before they pushed a replacement exception through the system and confirmed that even though my local store wasn't accepting walk-ins I could drop by and get this resolved today. Except I couldn't.

    As procedure dictates, they ran all the diagnostics again before telling me that the system was requiring the phone be sent to Depot for evaluation. Which seems odd given the fact the the issue is non-repairable. Will I have gone through all this to find out that depot is going to override the exception and deny replacement? Or am I just paranoid?

    submitted by /u/broadwaybibliophile
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air vs. Macbook pro?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Hey guys, im at the eternal dilemma; which of these two is a better overall deal? I'm upgrading from a 2017 macbook air. I am aware of the thermal problems on the MBA and it is really a huge turn-off for me... I've been using my 2017 macbook air for quite some time now, it does get quite hot sometimes but it has a proper heat sink, the 2020 one doesn't, so I imagine it'll go beyond the heat level of my current mba. On the contrary, I really don't know if the MBP is worth it... I mean it's 1700CAD base model, a very, very hefty sum of money (that is including the student discount). I am not a programmer and I don't do extremely heavy workload stuff like rendering and stress-testing, but I am doing Physics and occasionally i do need to compute and compile some rather hefty amount of data back and forth. What do you guys think, because at this point I am really lost in my own thoughts lol

    submitted by /u/CompleteDatabase
    [link] [comments]

    I have to hit my 2015 Macbook Pro for the keyboard and mousepad to work

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    My MacBook has been pretty weird lately. Sometimes, my MacBook's mousepad and keyboard would stop working all of a sudden. I would restart my MacBook and it still wouldn't work. But then I got frustrated and hit my MacBook, then it started working again. This happens sporadically and I would have to literally hit my MacBook for it to work. I'm not sure if the battery (5 years old now) might have to do something. Does this happen to someone else?

    submitted by /u/xoolooxooloo
    [link] [comments]

    So I just erased my MacBook Pro hard drive because I was selling it. It then prompted me to reinstall the OS. I didn’t do that because it would have taken too long, and I sold it as is. Can he still access my files and data despite erasing the hard drive?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    When I say I erased my hard drive, I'm referring to the "MacHD" thing when you hold down command R after shutting down.

    submitted by /u/silentmarscar
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 help - I did a stupid thing :(

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Hi, so, long story short, I'm at my friend's house and we're drunk. She handed me her phone (an iPhone 11) unlocked, and told me to DJ on her Spotify. Now, a few months ago, I know she texted my boyfriend (before we were official) while she was drunk and asked if he would consider hooking up with her. It was shady because she knew I was interested in him. So anyway, I'm a nosy idiot and my drunk ass wanted to see the texts. So I searched his name in her texts, then heard her flush the toilet, so I freaked out and locked her phone with the searched texts still on the screen. I think she went to her room and passed out.

    I got ahold of my friend who also has an iPhone 11 and asked him to search something in his texts and see if it was still up after restarting his phone. He said it flashed the search screen then reset the text app, no matter how many times he restarted it.

    Is there any way to manipulate the iPhone to get rid of the searched texts screen then the phone gets unlocked?? I tried restarting it normally, then hard restarting it.

    I'm so terrified that when she unlocks it the screen is going to flash and I'm really not ready to have that conversation with her.

    submitted by /u/100-hotdogs
    [link] [comments]

    Why is IMessage taking up so much space?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 03:26 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/FUO4zAE

    I deleted all the attachments and everything I don't get why its taking up space still. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/GronkIsGOAT
    [link] [comments]

    How to turn off connect on demand for vpn?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    I have a vpn that had the connect on demand feature on, and when I turn it off it turns itself back on as soon as I leave the menu. What could be causing this? I've restarted my phone and it hasn't worked.

    submitted by /u/poo_983621
    [link] [comments]

    Can I make a shortcut to turn on do not disturb when it’s charging?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    And off when it's done.

    submitted by /u/mayorofgr
    [link] [comments]

    CAN ANYBODY HELP? I JUST SPILLED MOUTHWASH ON MACBOOK PRO

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I just spilled mouthwash onto my mac book Pro 2015 track pad. I immediately wiped it away but the track pad started going insane so I powered it off. I set it in a tent position and let it dry off. Next day, I power it back up and all is fine. Keyboard screen and track pad are working so I shut it back down and let it chill for a bit more. Then the next day I check and power it back on, I try to type in the password but nothing seems to be happening. I try to click on the track pad with is set to firm clicks but it won't let me do so. Does anybody know the solution to this issue?

    submitted by /u/flakeflakefour
    [link] [comments]

    I have a IPad that is locked due to a friend who had a friend that passed and gave said iPad to him and then to me. How can I get unlocked. I will pay someone to unlock it.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:37 PM PDT

    Apple iOS earbuds one is quieter help

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    One earbud is fine but the other is way quieter than the other

    submitted by /u/fishman303
    [link] [comments]

    Idk if this is the right place to put it but i need help finding this song used during a video i made on an iphone 7+ in 2017 photos slideshow

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    Connect to hotspot only when manually chosen?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Hi team,

    I recently upgraded to Catalina, I also have spotty wifi(thanks spectrum). I'm getting notifications to join my hotspot(which is supposed to be turned off) whenever the wifi dips, which is usually just for a moment. Is there a way I can only try to connect to the hot spot when I manually choose it? Currently the setting is set to "Ask to join hotspot." Any tips would be appreciated.

    2015 macbook air catalina 10.15.5

    submitted by /u/duquesne419
    [link] [comments]

    iPhoneXS got stuck in Recovery mode forever, shows error 53 while restoring via iTunes

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Please help someone. I tried every possible solution to restore my iPhone XS. It got stuck in recovery mode forever and won't update via iTunes. My iTunes is updated and when I try to restore my phone after connecting it shows "Error 53". I haven't done any hardware changes to the phone as the internet is saying this error occurs due to hardware change. Can someone help, please?

    submitted by /u/vamsikumarturaga
    [link] [comments]

    How do I back up my iMessages, texts and Whatsapp messages to a pdf?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Can anyone recommend me a safe way to do this? As far as I know I can't do this using iTunes.

    There are so many third party apps, I can't even figure out which ones would work, and most importantly which ones would respect my privacy.

    submitted by /u/SoCuteBear
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2012 MacBook Pro won’t install OS X Mountain Lion

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    So I bought a mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro a few months ago and replaced the hard drive for an SSD, upgraded the ram, and replaced the Sata cable. After doing all this I went booted up my MacBook and have tried to install the recommended software version (OS X MOUNTAIN LION) and I have downloaded it multiple times now, but I haven't been able to get the OS actually installed and running?

    submitted by /u/what-is-boolin
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with a 2016 MacBook Pro and airpods

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    So just recently whenever I try to use my airpods with my Mac, audio only comes out of the left pod but if I take the left out and only leave the right in, the right AirPod still works, however when I use them with my phone everything works as normal, leaving me to think it's more an issue with my Mac

    submitted by /u/T_kraken
    [link] [comments]

    iPod Touch 4 not recognized by iTunes on Windows 10

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    Hello all

    I am trying to get some pictures off a friend's old iPod Touch 4 and figured I could pull them off through the File Explorer on Windows. However, when I plug the device into my Windows 10 PC, the device doesn't show up in iTunes, and I get the error message 'USB Device not Recognised'.

    I've tried looking in the device manager, and the iPod isn't seen. I can only see these devices, I'm assuming the iPod is the one throwing out the error code? Screenshot here https://imgur.com/a/ezLfRMU

    I've tried reinstalling iTunes and have no success. I am also going to try it on my MacBook later on, however, it's running the Big Sur beta, so it may also have some issues.

    I also tried plugging in an iPhone 4 and had the same issue, so I'm fairly sure it's a driver issue, not an issue with the iPod.

    Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

    submitted by /u/Westy8897
    [link] [comments]

    Can I plug my USB-C PD monitor in via the Multiport adapter?

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I've got 2 external monitors which I want to connect to my MacBook Pro 16".

    One monitor is 4k USB-C 60w PD - this charges my Mac. Second monitor is 1080p HDMI.

    Can I plug both in using the Multiport adapter?

    I am looking for a single cable solution.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_UR_ZOIDBERG
    [link] [comments]

    a1502 (early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina) keyboard backlight non-functional but turns on when I open lid, immediately turns off when the screen comes on, same applies to waking the Macbook.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    Tried an SMC reset, tried system prefs>turn off adjust keyboard brightness in low light setting. My friend on discord mentioned something to me about a dirty ribbon cable that needed a clean, but couldn't find any documentation on how to successfully remove the ribbon cable to have a look.

    submitted by /u/tyvy
    [link] [comments]

    An issue with PCI HD updating to Catalina

    Posted: 01 Jul 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Hello,

    I am helping a friend out. He is using a macbook air (early 2015) and trying to upgrade to Catalina. My HD says "10.13" and is a 240 PCI Disk.

    I am not familiar with that HD and when we try to update to Catalina it says "macOS cannot be installed because the third-party storage installed in your Mac is not compatible."

    After some googling I saw a fix in regards to a SSD from a particular retailer but I don't think that will help me here.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/NoEasyDay86
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel