• Breaking News

    Friday, July 3, 2020

    Apple TV Macbook Pro 2019 can't cast to Apple TV (4k) when the firewall is turned on

    Apple TV Macbook Pro 2019 can't cast to Apple TV (4k) when the firewall is turned on


    Macbook Pro 2019 can't cast to Apple TV (4k) when the firewall is turned on

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:40 PM PDT

    Anyone else have this issue? I have to turn off the firewall every time I need to stream via my laptop to the Apple TV. If firewall is turned on, I get "cannot connect to blah blah blah" error.

    submitted by /u/wesimplymustknow
    [link] [comments]

    Is Funimation on Apple TV+? (the streaming service)

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    I can't find it. Could somebody add it?

    submitted by /u/Defiant-Fall
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV and soundbar don’t play nice together

    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    So I got a soundbar last week and an Apple TV yesterday. Before the Apple TV I had a Roku ultra. Everything was fine, I plug the soundbar (Samsung q60T) into the ARC port on my tv (Vizio m60-c3) and the roku into the one 4K port that does 60fps (port 5) and everything was perfect. Now, everything is the same but I have the Apple TV plugged into the same port where the roku used to be. Now what happens is, if everything is off, I hit the menu button to wake up the Apple TV, the tv comes on with it and so does the soundbar. But for some reason the soundbar will try to take over and act like it's a video source and switch the input on my tv to the 1 input (the arc port) and Apple TV will switch back to the 5 and it ends up going in this loop for a while. The only way to get around it I've found is to manually switch the input to the Apple TV from my television remote. Does anyone have any issues similar to this and have a fix?

    Thanks

    Edit: a detail I forgot to include that seems important, there was a firmware update for the soundbar when I got it so I did it, and ever since that update when powering on the unit first goes to "D.IN" before switching to "TV ARC". It didn't do this before the update and this seems to be part of the problem. Does anyone know how to factory reset the unit or why this would have changed with the firmware update?

    submitted by /u/travg247
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use a DNS to get around sports blackouts?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 08:08 PM PDT

    I'm looking at cancelling YouTube TV after their recent price hikes. I'd pay the fees for NBA Leaguepass and MLB.TV if the local games weren't blacked out. I tried using Unlocator to get around these restrictions with Leaguepass, and while it seems to have worked on my Mac, I can't get it to work on my Apple TV. Does anyone have experience doing this, or have a guide to how to get it properly set up?

    submitted by /u/StrachNasty
    [link] [comments]

    Can't login to 1st gen Apple TV due to 2-factor authentication

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Someone gave me a 1st gen apple TV but I keep getting an error trying to login. I can login with my apple ID everywhere else.

    I do some digging and learn it's because 1st gens cant handle the 2-factor authentication that is now associated with every apple ID.

    Some of the answers others have given on various forums is to just disable 2-factor on the apple account. Unfortunately after you turn it on and let two weeks pass, you don't have that option anymore. its just greyed out.

    Strange how this flaw isn't affecting many other people. So is this thing just a brick now?

    submitted by /u/SuperAleste
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV keeps restarting itself.

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    So about a week an a half ago my Apple TV started to restart itself out of the blue. It has happened multiple times while watching and I have no idea how to fix it. I've restart it, I've factory reset it and unplugged it but still no fix to the issue. I'm curious if anyone has had this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

    submitted by /u/thekaijukid
    [link] [comments]

    Subler, possible to delete original file?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    I'm trying to automate my Subler workflow. Is there a way to delete the original MKV file after it's been converted to MP4?

    Additionally, when sending to TV, it also leaves behind a duplicate mp4 file, is it possible to delete that too automatically?

    submitted by /u/Mattcus
    [link] [comments]

    Play History

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    So, this has annoyed me for a while and wondering if anyone has a solution.

    Here's my setup:

    I have two Apple IDs: the original one is @gmail and has about 18 years worth of iTunes movie purchases (over 1000 movies)

    The second ID is @mac.com and is an iCloud account.

    I don't wanna give up the second one because they don't even offer @mac.com email addresses anymore.

    So on my iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc I am signed into @mac.com for iCloud. And then scroll down to iTunes and signed in there with the @gmail for accessing the movies. All this works good.

    I am also the organizer of a family sharing (the idea was for other people in the family to share my movies).

    They are also signed into iTunes using my @gmail account. I'm ok with this, it works.

    The part that bothers me and that I would like to fix, if possible, is the play history / up next on Apple TV. I see their stuff and they see my stuff across all our devices. I would like to only see my stuff across my devices.

    Is this even possible? It seems like the play history should be remembered by Apple ID (my @mac.com) not by my store account (my @gmail.com). I hope that makes sense.

    Also, I tried going into the family sharing setup and going into "Purchase Sharing". It seems like this is what I need. But when I turned it on it automatically started sharing the @mac.com stuff with my family (which has nothing purchased). When I try to change the account to the @gmail.com Apple ID it says you can only change the account being shared every 90 days. So in my situation it seems like I would have to turn it on, wait 90 days then change the account. Hope there is a better solution.

    Ideally, the best solution would be if Apple allowed you to "merge" Apple ID. Letting me keep my @mac.com iCloud but move all those purchases from the other ID over. But I understand how that is probably a huge legal nightmare when it comes to rights of digital license rights.

    submitted by /u/mcroom
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade Apple TV now or later

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    I need to upgrade my Apple TV - should I wait until the fall? Or just hit it now?

    submitted by /u/reeder75
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get the 1 year apple tv plus with a gift card?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    I have bought an iPhone 11 Pro and I am from EU where apple tv+ isn't available. If I log out from my EU apple id and log into my USA apple id I can see the 1 year promotion, but it asks me for a USA credit card which I don't have. My question is: can I just add a $5 gift card to my acc and use it instead?

    submitted by /u/ISmokeAir_RO
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Does the Apple TV 4K remote work with the standard atv 4

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    As the title stays does the Apple TV 4K remote work with the Apple TV 4 non 4K?

    Mine fell into a glass of pop and is useless and I'm watching one now on eBay as a replacement Thanks

    submitted by /u/Fluffybunnyabc
    [link] [comments]

    The Greatest by WELWYN GARDEN CITY

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 10:59 PM PDT

    HBO on AppleTV - using Xfinity HBO subscription?

    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    I pay for HBO via my Xfinity cable account. I've been able to use the HBO app on my AppleTV but have just seen a message that says this option expires at the end of July. Is there any other way to piggy-back off my Xfinity HBO subscription using AppleTV, or are HBO expecting me to add a subscription for HBO Max? DO I get to use the HBO Max app for free? Or do I need to AirPlay off an iPad?

    I can use the Xfinity HBO channels of course but usually prefer to stay within the AppleTV menus.

    submitted by /u/Yakr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel