• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Apple Macbook Excited to share my updated design of the cable 'loop' I made for my macbook's charger. Think I've found an elegant way to bring back the hooks!

    Apple Macbook Excited to share my updated design of the cable 'loop' I made for my macbook's charger. Think I've found an elegant way to bring back the hooks!


    Excited to share my updated design of the cable 'loop' I made for my macbook's charger. Think I've found an elegant way to bring back the hooks!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Surface Laptop 3 vs MacBook Pro 2020 Advice

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    The specs are almost equal for both of them:

    Surface Laptop 3: (Price of $900)

    • 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G7 Processor
    • Pixel Sense™ (2256x1504) Display
    • 1x USB-C
    • Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby® Audio™ Premium
    • Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (2x2/160) Gig+
    • 8 GB Memory
    • 256 GB SSD
    • 13.5 in. screen size

    MacBook Pro 2020: (Price of about $1250)

    • 1.4GHz quad-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
    • Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
    • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
    • 8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
    • 256GB SSD storage
    • 13-inch Retina display with True Tone
    • Magic Keyboard
    • Touch Bar and Touch ID
    • Two Thunderbolt 3 ports

    I am trying to pick the better option between the two. OS really makes no difference for me even though I do use an iPhone. The laptop will be used as my daily driver. My main concern is getting the best performance for use and longevity. I plan on using it for CS studying at University and will be using it for web browsing and other personal software projects on my own end. Battery life is important to me since both laptops have an irreplaceable battery and fans are also important to me, the last laptop I had would have the fans on all the time, which was not good. Since I will be carrying it around and for commute, I need something that is somewhat durable.

    The about 300-dollar difference with almost equal specs is what is causing the debate for me personally. The surface laptop 3 seems like the better deal, but I am not sure if has a better battery or better internal components to last a long time in the long run, I would love to use my laptop for at least 4 to 5 years minimum. I know people say MacBook lasts a long time, wondering if the same can be said for the surface. Another concern is Apple switching to ARM chips may not make the 2020 Apple MacBook Pro last as long in terms of support. I know asking this on a MacBook oriented sub credit may not be the best decision, but I thought I may get some unbiased opinions or experiences since you guys know about MacBook pros a lot. Which one would you guys recommend?

    submitted by /u/wildguy57
    [link] [comments]

    Maccbook 2020 Air vs Macbook Pro 2020 (base model)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm in India, where macbooks are even more expensive -_-.

    That being said, the i5 2020 MBP with 8gb DDRX4 ram, 512 gb SSD is the same price as the 2020 Macbook Pro base model, with the 8th gen i5, 256 gb ssd, and 8gb ddr3 ram.

    Which one should I get?

    Mainly just for office work, eg zoom meetings, office, excel, pdf work.

    submitted by /u/palcouscous
    [link] [comments]

    Portable hard drive

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    So I've been looking into getting an external hard drive for my MacBook Air but I honestly don't know which to get. I've looked on amazon and Best Buy and have read the reviews but their a mix of good and bad. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/kokiri_solana
    [link] [comments]

    Is Base Model 16 Inch Macbook Pro powerful enough?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    I am looking to get a Macbook pro 16 inch and will mainly be using it to run my online business. Most of my work will be done using web browsers like Google Chrome and maybe some simple apps.

    The base model has 16gb RAM and 500gb SSD. I guess I can manage with the 500gb SSD by getting an external hard drive but not sure about the RAM, I've been considering to get a 32gb RAM model. I do often have lots of Chrome windows and tabs open at a time but I suspect 16gb should still be plenty to handle that, considering my current 8gb RAM windows laptop can handle it.

    Do you think 16gb RAM is a good amount to get? For anyone that currently has a Macbook with 16gb RAM or less, how does it perform?

    submitted by /u/person48294
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Apps running extremely slow when internet isn't working

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    After some problems with my internet connection from time to time in India, I noticed something.

    Whenever my internet isn't working my adobe reader specifically opens very late and it also crashes almost instant, but sometimes I am able to make it work 4/10 times. My google chrome as well, my chrome doesn't even want to open whenever my internet isn't working. Or rather I feel like it's too busy being confused as to why I want to open Google Chrome when my internet isn't working. It's as if it's trying to get the internet before it opens itself up to me. I still want to open it so maybe I can reset the modem that way. Doesn't anyone else have such problems?

    submitted by /u/transfermycredits
    [link] [comments]

    my macbook types symbols instead of letters.. any help

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    How likely will Apple release an intel based 16 inch MacBook Pro this year?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    I want to upgrade my 2016 15 inch MacBook Pro but I don't know if now is a good time to buy a $3k 16 inch MacBook Pro

    submitted by /u/dcmacsman
    [link] [comments]

    First Aid Running Forever

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:25 PM PDT

    So my 2015 MacBook has been having ridiculous storage problems where the other section takes up around 85gb. I was reading somewhere to maybe run first aid and see if there was a disk utility problem so I ran first aid. It's been nearly 24 hours and it's still going? My computer responds to the trackpad and isn't frozen in any way but I just want to see if this is normal?

    submitted by /u/dylsta1009
    [link] [comments]

    Google Chrome Crashing on Payment

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    2017 Macbook Pro 15 - macOS 10.12.6

    My girlfriend has been running into an issue on her MBP for the past few weeks where whenever she tries to enter card payment information on any website, Chrome decides to crash.

    I was wondering if anybody else has run into similar issues or if there were any known solutions.

    submitted by /u/EagleComm
    [link] [comments]

    13 inch thermals

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm in the market for a new MBP for college. I've been using a 2017 MacBook Pro and the fans kick up just for simple things like watching a YouTube video. Bc of this idk if I should get another 13 inch. I am planning to go to college and I also stream / record console gameplay using an elgato hd60s which says it requires a gpu but it worked on my mbp just the fans were super loud . I don't know if I'd need the power of the 16 but I like the screen. I would like the portability of the 13, but I'm not sure how the fans would react as well. Any opinions on this? Thanks

    submitted by /u/goated07
    [link] [comments]

    The refreshed MBP 13 2020 does not feature a single big change apart from the keyboard since they probably decided to leave all the big redesigns for the ARM MBPs so they're more appealing, inclining you more to go ARM just like how Microsoft did with the redesigned Surface Pro X

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Best place to sell MacBook Air online?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, so I recently bought the new 2020 MacBook Air last month. I didn't really know much about MacBooks back then & have tried telling myself this was the best option for me but it's definitely not. I'm gonna be upgrading to the 16" with better aspects and stuff due to the fact that I use many different programs etc. So what's the best website/place to sell this on? I know of eBay and Craigslist and stuff, but are there any more websites that are just as reliable?

    ——

    P.S. it is a MacBook Air 13" (Early 2020, 256gb SSD, 1.1 core i3) if that matters haha

    submitted by /u/yesreddityes
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiled for choice and not sure where to start

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    Hey everybody,

    I'm looking to buy a new laptop to replace my now stone-aged HP Elitebook8440p. I want to make a switch toward Macbook but I'm not really sure where I fit within all the choices I have. The only thing I know for sure is that I want to stick to the 13" realm. I want the unit to last me at least 5 or so years and need it powerful enough for it to relatively keep with the times. I don't plan on running anything major on it, but as I am heading into a Masters program I might need it to run stats software (SPSS) and be academically focused.

    Air or Pro? Certified Refurbished or New? I'm new to the Apple ecosystem so I don't know where my best bet is.

    submitted by /u/TightPants94
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the mbp 16” with AMD radeon 5300 base model

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    Im trying to kill a month of time before college starts was wondering if this was able to play SMITE or OVERWATCH, i read something like a bootcamp just wanted to check with some other sources.

    Will this damage my system? These games arent too intensive and id only play them high settings in 1080p. I had a dell xps 17 a week ago and the gpu got undetected by the bios so i really dont want that to happen again.

    Does it run hot and Are the fans very loud? Keep in mind smite isnt hard to run and overwatch is just another game in case you dont know smite. Thanks a ton in advance.

    Oh almost forgot: when u partition windows is that undoable? Im thinking of giving 120 GB.

    submitted by /u/AlexanderH81
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook camera being hacked?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    My MacBook hasn't been letting me to connect to zoom or FT, it will show a black screen on any of the camera related apps when I try to video call. I closed all apps figuring I might have have a camera app open. My Mac then told me to restart, it had a black screen on my FT app and then disappeared. I'm speculating it could be someone hacking my camera. What does everyone think on this. Please don't make me panic and feel like I'm being spied. But I will accept honest and valid inputs.

    submitted by /u/Previous_Surround358
    [link] [comments]

    Water got into touchpad and now it doesn't work smoothly, what should I do?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:49 PM PDT

    So a few drops of water got in the the cracks of the touchpad and the pointer couldn't move. I then wiped the touchpad and restarted the macbook and it could move again but not smooth at all. Is it gonna get worse? Should I get it repaired? Or do I look up some tutorials and open up the laptop and dry it myself? Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dkfjxj
    [link] [comments]

    All 4 USB Type C ports have failed on my 15 Inch MacBook Pro 2016

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I've tried an SMC reset and an NVRAM/PRAM reset, no avail. I just remember plugging in the charger and then the battery said "Battery Not Charging". The batter logo was solid altogether even after I took out the charger. Restarted my computer and the battery logo was still solid. So I did an SMC reset and the MacBook just stopped charging altogether. Thought it was the cable but used the cable and charging brick to charge another USB C device which worked fine. Determined it was the USB C ports cuz even my SD Card adapters don't work. I'm in Bangladesh and need my laptop. Have been stuck here for the past 7 months due to Covid 19. No authorized apple repair shop nearby.

    submitted by /u/Shah_Money12
    [link] [comments]

    How long did your migration from one Mac to another take?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 10:49 AM PDT

    So not a post I thought I'd make because I thought Apple was better than this, but here we go:

    Got my first MacBook recently. Got the pro 13" and decided to get the 16".

    16" was delivered yesterday and I didn't have a whole lot on the 13", but decided to do the migration. These are my first macs so I've never done a migration but I didn't have like, anything on the 13". I had Lightroom and maybe 2 pictures.

    Anyway migration is going on 15 hours at this point and I'm about to just cancel it but wondering if anyone's experienced this? I might sound a little bitter but I thought Apple would make software that would be a little more efficient than this...

    submitted by /u/succ_a_cactus
    [link] [comments]

    This sub is so scary.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    I'm buying an MBP in the next few weeks, and when i've come across this subreddit, it was all fun. Until i've noticed the massive amount of threads posting about hardware failures.

    Is it very common? I am buying it new online, and i'm really wondering if I should worry about it being faulty or not.

    submitted by /u/Soapistic
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro refusing to hibernate after using some third party chargers?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Alright, this might seem like a weird one, but i noticed a very strange issue. So i've got a 16" MBP, its a very nice machine and everything, but sometimes, just because the original charger isn't around, I'll just use my OnePlus 7 charger. It's not great, since it's only charging with 15 watts, but it at least prevents it from draining further, if all you're doing is just watching some videos at low brightness. More importantly tho, i use this as a trick, to prevent my battery from charging above 80% sometimes, because not having them at a 100% all the time significantly helps with the longevity of Lithium batteries. Yes MacOS has something like that built in, but it doesn't actually do anything while you use the machine, because it's essentially expecting you to need the full charge then. Anyways, so when im using my OP7 Charger, which SystemProfiler recognizes as a 15W charger, im pretty happy with the result. However, once i used this charger in a session, the system won't actually hibernate completely until i restart the machine. No matter what, even if i had the OP7 charger just very quickly connected and used the original one afterwards, the system won't go to standby anymore as it usually would. This is strange, but i first noticed it because you could slightly hear that the fans wouldn't actually turn off when you manually selected standby or closed the lid, although they normally do, unless you have PowerNap enabled and it's doing something. Even on battery, the fans won't turn off completely after the MacBook has just quickly seen the OP7 charger which will drain the battery entirely after about 25-30 hours while the machine was presumably in standby. I also checked whether there's anything to be seen in activity monitor, but it shows absolutely no power usage while this issue happens. Pretty strange huh? Does anyone have an explanation for this?

    submitted by /u/ichman007
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy the MBA i3 or i5

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 02:14 AM PDT

    I'm going to pursue a degree in CS, hopefully. Will the i3 macbook handle light programming, basic uni tasks and photoshop adequately or should I spend more and get the i5 version?

    submitted by /u/papakami
    [link] [comments]

    Pros and cons for buying a 2014/15 MBP i7

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Hi all

    I'm in the market for an i7 to replace my 2015 i5.

    Since getting back into producing, I find my current mac can't handle my Ableton sessions. So I feel the pros of buying these models are:

    • Price is around £800 for an i7 model, these were £1.5k+ new
    • I run sierra with software in place which i don't want to disrupt, I guess these machines run sierra best because they were designed for it.
    • the i7 and supporting system is enough power to do most multimedia tasks
    • the design is great and runs old USB easily, no faffing with hardware ports.

    negatives- - old design, slightly heavier. - old ports now the world is adapting to usb c - may get a dud battery.

    Any thoughts or feedback on my views? I'm keen for some expert feedback. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/RemarkablePurchase8
    [link] [comments]

    2017 MacBook Pro 13" - doesn't close all the way anymore, repairable?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Lately I've noticed that my 2017 MacBook Pro 13" doesn't close all the way anymore. The display lid isn't flush with the body when lowered. See picture. I assume this is a hinge issue. Is this worth repairing? Common issue on the 2017's? Laptop never been dropped or anything, never damaged.

    Picture: https://imgur.com/j8PdNkl

    submitted by /u/AaronMT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel