• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 25, 2020

    Apple iOS Oh how I love public betas

    Apple iOS Oh how I love public betas


    Oh how I love public betas

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Developers should be made to provide details of app updates and not just say “bug fixes”

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Since my iPhone 8 is going on 2 and a half years I pulling everything in the book to elongate my battery life, and in doing this I turned off auto app updates.

    This has opened my eyes to how frequently apps are updated with lazy descriptions such as "bug fixes" and I'm aware that the average user doesn't care, but apps like FaceBook and Snapchat are updated sometimes more than once a week with the aforementioned description.

    Devs should have to provide a proper change log that's user facing.

    submitted by /u/Bowtie327
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best app to recognize photos?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:06 AM PDT

    That kind of app suggests similar stuff.

    submitted by /u/justguylol
    [link] [comments]

    How can I import a .CSV file in to the iCloud Keychain?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:30 AM PDT

    Googled it for an hour and didn't find any solution to this. I'm trying to import my passwords from 1Password to the iCloud keychain. I have already exported my passwords from 1Password (in both .csv and .txt format) but I can't find a way to import the .CSV (or .txt) file into the Keychain. Please advise.

    submitted by /u/iSlashZ
    [link] [comments]

    I recreated the App Store Today page from scratch using Adobe XD

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    On iPadOS 13, if you double tap an icon on the home screen quickly, all the app windows you’ve opened shows up

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    iOS 14 beta

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Their is this video editing app call slice and it's crashing like Pokémon go idk if it's just me or the beta

    submitted by /u/DatzKidz
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting a Management Profile on iPad os

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I have this ipad but it has a management profile on it restricting basically everything possible. Is there anything I can do to take it off? I was thinking either a jailbreak or at least something involving a computer to get around it. In the restrictions it doesn't say anything about not allowing computers to mess around with anything, but again I'm not too sure about what to do.

    submitted by /u/davidach123
    [link] [comments]

    FYI: If you’re testing out a 4K HDR YouTube video on iOS 14 you need to adjust some phone settings to truly benefit.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    This is mostly unknown to a lot of people but there are a couple things you need to do to get the full benefit from an HDR video on iPhone or iPad.

    Turn off auto brightness

    This setting has been moved so it's not very clear for most people. To find this setting go to Settings>Accessibility>Display & Text Size. Scroll down to the bottom and turn off auto brightness.

    Turn off True Tone/Night Shift

    This one should be obvious for most but you don't want your phone changing the colour tone of the image. You can turn these off by bringing up control panel and long pressing on your brightness slider. Make sure True Tone and Night Shift are both off.

    Adjust your device to maximum brightness.

    The iPhone just barely breaks the minimum barrier required for HDR Brightness. The iPad is even just below the iPhone so technically not HDR approved brightness but close enough. Anything below maximum brightness and you're not seeing the full impact of HDR on your screen.

    If you make those three changes before watching an HDR video you should see a very good HDR image with a newer iPhone/iPad Pro.

    Unfortunately you can't control auto brightness with a shortcut so there is no fast way to turn these on or off. Hopefully Apple adds it in the future.

    submitted by /u/TheBigSm0ke
    [link] [comments]

    Did the latest twitter update remove the haptic feedback felt when favoriting a tweet?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Which of the apps have updated themselves to iOS 14’s widgets?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I want to authorize a discord bot to add it to my server, is there a way to cmd v on iphone

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    I thought WhatsApp version 2.20.80 would bring back the quick share sheet function?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Mine is updated but this feature did not come back for me

    submitted by /u/btk79
    [link] [comments]

    Why did Apple completely remove the ability to use 3D Touch?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Hey everyone. So I recently checked to see if the iOS 14 public beta was released yet, and when I saw that it was I went ahead and got it on my phone (iPhone 7) now after using the new OS beta for about a day and a half now, I've realized that Apple has completely stopped allowing you to use 3D Touch features now. I loved 3D Touch. I loved being able to press down on my keyboard and using it as a trackpad to move my typing cursor to fix mistakes. I loved being able to press down on the left of the screen to flip over to other apps. The control center is no longer snappy to use. You can no longer press down on an app on the home screen to move it around without triggering the jiggle effect for every app on the screen. There's a bunch more things that I miss and now won't be able to use 3D Touch for again. I love every other awesome feature added by this update, but why remove one of the coolest touch screen innovations? That's the end of my rant/question. I'd love to hear all of your opinions and answers.

    submitted by /u/_Soundshifter_
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a 3rd party app to screen share Skype audio or mute just Skype

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    I use my iPad to teach English online and like it very much. I do need to play some chants and songs over Skype, and at the moment I have two android phones in two accounts, one pointing directly at me and the other pointing directly at the iPad. I put a headphone jack cut off at the end to mute the second phone, and just put the volume on the iPad on max to feed the songs through my first microphone.

    For adult lessons when I don't need audio I just screen share and like it much better than involving another device in a clumsy set up.

    I know that Skype doesn't allow sharing audio over iOS, iPad or android, only MacOS or Windows have the option to feed audio, either directly or through some sound mixers. Is there an app solution to feed the audio over Skype on iOS or iPadOS?

    If not, is there any 3rd party app option for keeping the song audio stream going but to mute the Skype app? If I were to just stream the image and then was able to play the songs through the microphone without the voices of everyone doubling and causing feedback that would still save me the use of the second phone.

    submitted by /u/RobinFood
    [link] [comments]

    For those who got their battery replaced in store, how did it go?

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    I'm considering doing this so I want to know.

    -Did you have to restore your phone?

    -How easy was the process?

    -How long did it take?

    -Do you need a specific reason to replace it or can you just do it?

    submitted by /u/MasterDime
    [link] [comments]

    Photos are not deleting??

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    I have 700MB of space left and I'm trying to delete as many photos as I can. But just now I tried deleting around 100 but when I went back they all showed up again. I am paying for iCloud storage. I have my settings on optimize iPhone storage and iCloud photos on. I have no idea whays going on cause just yesterday I was able to delete quite a few. I'm on 10.3 I think? I don't have enough space to update it lol

    submitted by /u/abelkoontz
    [link] [comments]

    14 beta 3 White Status bar icon "New Feature or Bug" I can't tell.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel