• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    iPad What is happening? This literally happens every time I post - only on reddit, though, notes, pages, messaging, everything else is fine... anyone know why this happens? I’m typing fairly quick and it seems to be a glitch with autocorrect

    iPad What is happening? This literally happens every time I post - only on reddit, though, notes, pages, messaging, everything else is fine... anyone know why this happens? I’m typing fairly quick and it seems to be a glitch with autocorrect


    What is happening? This literally happens every time I post - only on reddit, though, notes, pages, messaging, everything else is fine... anyone know why this happens? I’m typing fairly quick and it seems to be a glitch with autocorrect

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    iPad Pro Cellular as a work tablet and quasi-phone (of sorts) - question on receiving SMS OTPs

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:17 AM PDT

    I need a 2nd phone number and a separate cellular device for my business, but I'm not willing to get another iPhone as I would derive very little utility out of it. I was thinking it'd be more prudent and economical if I got a cellular iPad Pro instead - that way it'd double as both a work tablet and a cellular device for my work needs. Integrating both solutions into one cellular-enabled iPad would eliminate the need for a work MacBook and a work iPhone - and would save me a lot of money and hassle in the process.

    I'm aware that the cellular iPad will allow me to make calls over VoLTE and text people with iMessage/WhatsApp, so that's great. I'm just unsure as to whether I can send and receive "regular" (non-data) text messages via the native Messages app, which will be of importance for 2FA/OTP verification purposes. I can't seem to find a satisfactory answer on this particular issue anywhere.

    tldr: Can I receive regular text messages on a cellular iPad?

    submitted by /u/seaboy8
    [link] [comments]

    4k vs 1440p?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Can anyone see a difference between the 2 on an iPad now that YouTube supports 4k. Personally, I can't really, but I do see a difference between 1440p and 1080p on my 11in iPad.

    submitted by /u/jackgap
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil suggestions

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I wanted to hear your opinions/tips/tricks on how the writing experience with the Apple Pencil 2 could be improved (I am not affiliated with Apple in any way, I just spend a lot of time writing on an iPad). Here are some of the issues I have and how I have attempted to deal with them:

    I spend 4-5 hours writing on my iPad Pro every day for work. When I first transitioned from pen-on-paper to Apple Pencil-on-glass, I would get hand cramps daily quite consistently. I have since bought a screen protector for the iPad as well as pen grips for the Apple Pencil.

    • Screen protector: I think this made the biggest difference for me. There are no big downsides to this other than that the tip tends to unscrew itself while I write. Is this a problem for other left-to-right writers? I personally think Apple should consider reversing the threading on the tips in future models (or offering both directions).

    • Pen grips: I bought a few pen grips and have pretty much covered the entire Apple Pencil 2 other than the tip. This has also helped a lot in terms of my hand cramps. On the other hand, I have given up the double-tap feature, magnetic storage, and easy access to charging (I take off the grips to charge the Apple Pencil once a night but do occasionally run out of battery during the day). Have any of you figured out how to make charging/double-tap work with pen grips? This is a big frustration for me. I would almost rather that I had purchased the Apple Pencil 1 --- in that case I still wouldn't have the double-tap feature but at least I would be able to charge it without taking the grips off every night.

    submitted by /u/bidp
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: Avoid Having to Turn Bluetooth Off

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I just wrote an entire post asking for help with this. Just before I pressed Post, I decided to Google a workaround. So I'm sharing, to help someone avoid that same psychic pain :)

    If you, like me, use the iPad in multiple configurations (ie: at a desk with keyboard & mouse, on the couch with neither, etc.), this might help you.

    When I get up from the desk, I never think to turn off my keyboard and mouse. And even if I did, I wouldn't want to turn them both off. So I often find myself on the couch trying to do something that requires the on-screen keyboard, but I could never figure out how to pull it up.

    Apparently, Apple thought of that. And it doesn't require you to turn off Bluetooth (which doesn't work very well when listening to something via Bluetooth headphones).

    All you have to do is long press the "v" in the bottom right corner of the screen (visible when you are in a text box).

    Hope that helps someone else...

    submitted by /u/NizThomas
    [link] [comments]

    Good PDF app (for markups, annotations with tagging)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    I use PDFs on my iPad mainly when I'm studying. I'm interested in two functionalities:

    1. Tagging. Meaning your can set custom tags and assign them to your markups and notes.

    2. When I want to summarize something (on iPad or PC, for that matter), I usually open Word next to my PDF and copy-paste the important sections. That works, but is there a more seamless solution, meaning I don't have to use two different apps for this?

    So if anyone could recommend an app that does either one or ideally both functionalities really well, please share.


    I've looked at Liquid Text. It allows tagging and as far as I can tell the excerpts function is halfway to what I want in #2. I don't have a problem with paying for the app as long as it's worth it (and no subscription model please).

    It'd be great if you could comment on my two questions regarding Liquid Text:

    1. On the home screen of the app (where all the documents are), can I link my Google Drive account somehow? I know PDF Expert allows this and I was hoping Liquid Text would have this too.

    2. I can edit excerpts in Liquid Text. However, can I somehow create a whole new document made of excerpts and make it look like a Word document (so not images of excerpts all over the place, but text neatly aligned)?

    submitted by /u/Mithridates12
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else use Logitech crayon? What screen protector do you use (if you do)?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    I use tempered glass because I'm a klutz. The only thing is my crayon can't seem to work? Not sure if it's the crayon or the glass. I also wanted to add a paper-like one over my tempered glass but eventually decided over it because it'll prolly look like a joke. What about you? What do you use?

    submitted by /u/skeleton_flower
    [link] [comments]

    Scribble and 3rd Party Styluses?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:46 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Has anyone tried the scribble feature with one of the third party styluses? Does it work?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gratuitouscabbage
    [link] [comments]

    Do iPad 7 have 4k on youtube?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    I know it's a budget tablet, but was wondering if it has 4k also.

    submitted by /u/Nastynoob3
    [link] [comments]

    My iPad was stolen ��

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:06 PM PDT

    My iPad was stolen this past Friday (7/17/2020). It was in my vehicle in my backpack ( I know not smart but I'm a truck driver and use it everyday. I'm only home for 8-10 hours a day so I leave it in my bag under the seat)

    I woke up to a text on my iPhone sending me a passcode to reset my Apple ID. I thought it was spam so went back to bed. Low and behold while getting ready for work I discovered my vehicles broken into and my iPad and work iPhone stolen.

    I immediately changed passwords to every account, cancelled my bank cards and used "find my iPhone" to locate but it's either been turned off or dead since that same day. I've already filed a police report and the detective has called me back with no new news. He's hoping it turns up because apparently whoever stole it did multiple robberies the same night. If it turns up my whole neighborhood will know who robbed them.

    My question is has this happened to anyone on here and can someone really override my iPad to not be found ?? It has cellular on the Att network.

    submitted by /u/texasrenegade83
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech MX Master 3 vs MX Master 3 for MAC

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:07 AM PDT

    Hey Guys/Girls, I want to buy an Logitech MX Master 3 and have currently a Windows Desktop PC and a iPad Pro 2020. I want to buy the Macbook pro next year.

    Is there any difference between the mx master 3 and mx master 3 mac besides the usb c adapter?

    https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/mx-master-3-mac-wireless-mouse.910-005693.html vs https://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/mx-master-3.910-005695.html

    I want also be able to switch between windows and ipad pro without chaning the profile....

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Actzeh
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Mini 2 LCD Replacement

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    My iPad Mini 2 needs a new LCD. Are there any reputable websites that sell it?

    I saw the screen on repairpartsusa.com, anyone know if this website is legit?

    submitted by /u/milanistheboss12
    [link] [comments]

    Infuse vs nPlayer?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:56 AM PDT

    I'm trying to decide which one to use. Other then the UI and settings, why would you pick _____ over _____?

    I prefer the UI in Infuse, I love how they show which subtitles are most downloaded, all the settings they have for video and subtitles, but I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

    Most, if not all, will be screen recorded from 123movies or other websites. I might get some from iTunes, tho hardly ever.

    Is there a way I can download them without a PC or other device, just my iPad via URL within the app?

    submitted by /u/sknysky
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, does the iPad 2017 (iPad 5th generation - 2017)case fit the iPad Pro 2016 size ?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:23 AM PDT

    I found a perfect case, but it's for an iPad Pro 2016 and I'm not sure if it will fit the iPad 2017. Both are 9.7

    submitted by /u/moonStar55
    [link] [comments]

    KeepIt app question

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 12:18 AM PDT

    Hello. I was wondering if anyone uses this app and has an iPad 7th gen, I was wondering if there was anyway you can backup your files to another cloud app or if you can export your files into the Pennultimate app made by Evernote. Because I've tried exporting to Pennultimate app before but I didn't see the app name in the actions list. And I've tried to get a document from google drive into KeepIt app but it was taking a long time for the file to export. So if anyone knows a solution to this let me know!

    submitted by /u/sophiebeanzee
    [link] [comments]

    This looks stupid. Can you help me think of something cool to put here? Plz don’t tell me to just upgrade

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Does it matter which country i buy ipad from?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:45 AM PDT

    was wondering if there is a difference if i buy ipad from Thailand, Korea, Hong Kong or Japan versus the ones in the US? I tried to do some research and there are a few articles where it says Apple was using different components for different countries. like there was some iphones that had qualcomm modem vs intel modem and the intel modem was slower. I just don't want to get stuck with an inferior product from a different country. also would there be any quality issues? i read another article where it said some different countries used different screens and had a yellow tint to it. thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/someMFonreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or are iPad Pro sold out?

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    It seems like iPad pros are sold out. Is it me or did everyone decide to get one when this pandemic hit. I got one during the pandemic and it sold out. In stock for like a week and it is now sold out again.

    submitted by /u/jdmlifex2
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming Military Deployment; streaming without WiFi/internet

    Posted: 22 Jul 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    Is there a way that I could cast/mirror from my 3rd Gen IPad Pro without WiFi/internet? We have a SAMSUNG TV on the ship that does not support airplay. Android devices can hook up and mirror their screen. I'd like to have a similar capability for my ipad/iphone during an upcoming deployment. Any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/go_get_ya_shinebox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel