• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    macOS Maybe we can get used to design but this one is unforgivable

    macOS Maybe we can get used to design but this one is unforgivable


    Maybe we can get used to design but this one is unforgivable

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Craig talks about the new icons

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:15 AM PDT

    ADOBE FLASH IS GONE FOREVER

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:09 PM PDT

    How to revert back to Catalina from Bug Sur ? It's installing Bug Sur again on clean installing from recovery mode

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Wishlist for MacOS 11: Combine paper tape with calculator to prevent chaos. That's all I want

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:58 AM PDT

    Anyway to remove: 'Service Recommended' warning in Catalina?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    Just wondering, don't really care for it much. Just breeds anxiety. I've done an SMC reset, grateful for any advice :)

    submitted by /u/fthagod
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to Update Macbook Pro (2017). HELP!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    Is there any way to wipe my developer settings without factory resetting my entire MacBook?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    I've had this computer forever and I've installed a lot of custom packages through rvm, homebrew, npm, xcode, etc, many of which I installed with sudo because I was a kid and had no idea what I was doing. I'd like to wipe them all and start fresh, but don't want to lose everything else on the computer. I'd also prefer not to have to do it manually as there's a ton of stuff there.

    Does anyone know if there's some kind of terminal command to wipe the developer settings without affecting the rest of the OS?

    submitted by /u/Repulsive-Divide
    [link] [comments]

    Preview vs Adobe Acrobat, which do you prefer?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Which do you prefer when working with PDF documents?

    Personally, I prefer Preview when only reading PDF documents and Acrobat when I wanna look "professional" or have to directly manipulate the documents.

    Also, I'd appreciate it if anyone answered this extra question:

    As a student, I often have to read massive documents like textbooks full of scanned photos and pictures. I recently made the transition from Acrobat to Preview because Acrobat would lag a lot when searching words up or even scrolling. On the other hand, Preview runs smooth as butter. What is the fundamental difference between Preview and Acrobat that results in this performance difference?

    submitted by /u/superblyCreativeName
    [link] [comments]

    Preference Error - ScreenSaver

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    I just downloaded a screensaver and when i try to open it. it says "preference Error - there was an error in desktop & screen saver preferences."

    Can anyone help? :((

    Macbook pro 13 (mid 2012) MacOs mojave 10.14

    The screensaver i downloaded was Fliqlo 1.8.3

    submitted by /u/skrrskrrABS
    [link] [comments]

    Karabiner-Elements broken in Big Sur. Does any geniuses know the keyboard ID code for the fn key?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    As the question states. Trying to get by without Karabiner. Referencing this table along with using the built in hidutiltool. But of course the fn key isn't listed.

    The only other source I've seen mentions 0x003 but I haven't been able to get it working.

    Any suggestions would be great lol.

    submitted by /u/__nomaad
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    To people who have downloaded and tested Big Sur macOs, how does it work as a better operating system than Catalina?

    Do you have any important news apart from its design?

    submitted by /u/percigolas
    [link] [comments]

    All the windows on Big Sur (since Mojave) have noticeable white line on the top

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    MacOS 9 HD Icons. Thoughts?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    Which DNS setting is used by MacOS ping command and Chrome?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    I accidentally noticed that my Chrome cannot access to get of those new *.dev domain, include but not limited to https://flutter.dev/ and https://get.dev/

    I did some debug myself, as following:

    - `/etc/hosts` doesn't have any hosts entry for `*.dev`

    - `/etc/resolv.conf` is using 1.0.0.1 which got from DHCP setting from my router

    - `nslookup` and `dig` seems return correct answer and showing its using 1.0.0.1 as set above.

    - However, `ping get.dev` doesn't work. Message "ping: cannot resolve get.dev: Unknown host"

    - Plus: Firefox works since it's using the DoH option.

    - FWIW: `ping google.com` works.

    So it looks to me that somewhere i had some setting that de-route `*.dev` DNS requests to another (probably bad) server, or somewhere I have misconfiged setting? But I don't see where to fix it. Anyone can help?

    PS: Don't know if this will help to determine the issue. I used to have a dnsmasq running locally, four-five years ago and had two `*.dev` and `*.app` set to use dnsmasq and point to 127.0.0.1. It was way before .app and .dev become it's own TLD. It was for internal testing only. Since these two became real TLD, i've changed to and removed dnsmasq.

    I am pretty sure it was working for a while after i deleted dnsmasq, i used https://get.dev before.

    submitted by /u/MrDearie
    [link] [comments]

    Been trying for an hour to do a simple fill color in MAC Preview! ARGHHHHHHHH

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    Been trying for an hour to do a simple fill color in MAC Preview! ARGHHHHHHHH

    trying to fill the white area with a color, I used to play around with Microsoft paint all the time and it was so easy to do, now I've spent an hour and i can't figure it out, HELP!!!!

    https://preview.redd.it/6hr3fhgbtc751.png?width=316&format=png&auto=webp&s=8a577dca6669225aa2f2fcc9ac9edbdf66887bd2

    submitted by /u/Paulienater
    [link] [comments]

    I just want to ask someone who uses macos Big Sur beta how utilities on menubar now look like. Is it still the same?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    macbook air early 2005 OS advice

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    hello everyone,

    my gf owns a macbook air 2015, 13inch, and i am no good with apple products.

    wanted to ask if its worth upgrading it to the newer version? will it smooth daily browsing or shall i keep it as it is just reinstall without upgrading?

    what we mainly do is just youtube, netflix, some photoshop and office work

    current version - sierra 10.12.6

    p.s. os wasn't installed for over 5years.. started to lag just now...didnt actually think that this laptop will last that long

    submitted by /u/jwh23
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Can someone upload all the new macOS Big Sur app icons? Thanks.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    Help in Downgrading from Catalina

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    So my boyfriend upgraded his mid 2012 MBP last night from what I believe was High Sierra to Catalina. The new OS is making his computer run poorly and he wants to downgrade. He didn't run a Time Machine backup before upgrading and doesn't have access to his backup drive. Is there still a way to revert this upgrade without losing his data?

    submitted by /u/newreddit214
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini (late 2012) - need help updating to Catalina!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    Hi all was wondering if anyone could help me with this dilemma. I have a Mac mini in my house that has been running Mavericks and the old user never upgraded it.

    I am able to download the Catalina installer, but it freezes right after I choose the disk.

    What I have tried:

    -Removing plenty of files to make space for an install (not working even with 100+ gb of available space).

    -Creating a Catalina boot drive on an iMac running Catalina. However, when I plug the USB into the Mini, it does not detect the drive as a start up disk.

    I cannot even erase the original Mac mini drive in recovery mode for some reason. When I choose erase all the buttons are grayed out.

    Help please! What can I do?

    submitted by /u/Diagbro
    [link] [comments]

    Heating Issues With Newest Update

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:03 PM PDT

    Anyone having issues with their MacBook Pro relating to heating issues with the newest update? I just opened up my laptop and it got super hot real fast.. have no other programs open except safari.. may have to rollback..

    submitted by /u/tiLLIKS
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel