• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    iPhone Overheating/Mic/Static electricity(?) Issue in old iPhone 5s

    iPhone Overheating/Mic/Static electricity(?) Issue in old iPhone 5s


    Overheating/Mic/Static electricity(?) Issue in old iPhone 5s

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    This happened recently. I have had this phone for four years. It still functions beautifully. Then one day that all changed.

    I'm not certain if this was what did it, but I had it plugged into an amplifier via a aux-to-1/4" cable to listen to music while boxing. When I went to grab my phone I got a crazy static shock. Like, almost being electrocuted level shock.

    Maybe it was the cable or my gloves or maybe just the phone, but since then the microphone area/aux area (ie lower left hand portion of phone, immediately next to button) overheated tremendously. And not like when a battery overeats, but like it cannot be touched it is so hot. The battery also drains very fast. Thus it cannot be touched or remain on for very long.

    So what is this issue? Everyone I've spoken to tells me to just trash the phone, but I'd much rather figure out how to fix this and use it as an iPod. If it was static electricity related damage like I suspect, have I crossed a point of no repair with the phone??

    I'm even open to replacing or removing the mic (no idea what I'm talking about here) just to see if it fixes the issue.

    anything helps, thanks

    submitted by /u/SurvivalBayArea
    [link] [comments]

    iMovie project gone forever???

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:01 PM PDT

    Hey guys so I permanently deleted an iMovie project in October or November of 2019 and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get it back. I have used a few system recovery apps on my pc and mobile for my iPhone but I couldn't find the project. So I don't know if it's lost and gone or it's still able to come back somehow. Keep in mind that i don't have iCloud and iTunes backups. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/bloodemon4life
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to control the lock screen sound or keyboard click sound?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    Those sounds vary in volume where sometimes they're quite while other times are extremely loud.

    submitted by /u/K_Al-Shaya
    [link] [comments]

    Erasing phone before returning to insurance company. iPhone 11Pro broken screen can't use menus. Not set up in Find My Phone

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    Headline says most of it. Not sure a restore would help... again, can't use the multi-touch and, worse, it's doing phantom input... calling people, etc.

    You used to be able to do this from iTunes, but I don't think there's a way to do it from a Mac anymore.

    Not sure it's possible to wipe it at this point, but want to be sure before I tell the boss he has to send it as is. I deleted his ApplePay from iCloud at least.

    Any ideas appreciated.

    submitted by /u/gishbot1
    [link] [comments]

    iOS malfunction after memory full

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:59 PM PDT

    iPhone xs max 256, iOS 13 (I think 13.3.1)
    purchased last year (2019) around February, costa rica, for personal use
    iPhone is currently bricked, stuck in apple logo, when tried to be updated or restored from recovery or dfu mode, iTunes prompts unknown error 35 or 47
    it seems the issue was caused after the memory was close to full, it wouldn't let me delete files to make more space and after it turned off it was bricked
    I have tried turning it on normally and it gets stuck on the apple logo, I've tried putting it in recovery mode, updating it, restoring it with iTunes and I get an unknown error, sometimes 35 sometimes 47, I have tried putting it in dfu mode and trying the same. getting the same errors, I have tried using tenorshare ultdata instead of iTunes under the same conditions and it also gives me an error
    It seems to be either a software malfunction, a hardware malfunction or both since iOS isn't booting but I'm also getting iTunes errors
    I have about 6 years worth of memories on it and would like to save them in any way possible, the phone was expensive too so id like to save it too but if possible id love to get help recovering my pictures and videos, I would appreciate greatly any help you can provide and reddit is my last, most hopeful resource

    submitted by /u/anthonyhalo4
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t send text messages from USA to the UK on iPhone but same SIM card sends using android.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm currently roaming on AT&T USA and being charged to send SMS text messages to the UK - I'm not using iMessages btw. However the recipient doesn't receive my messages at all.

    My carrier is Three UK , if I insert the same SIM card into an android phone I can send text messages to which people receive no problems. Using same phone codes on both devices. +44.

    Why aren't my regular sms messages being received when using my iPhone ? It's an xs max on 13.5.1.

    submitted by /u/Knobson-dasilva
    [link] [comments]

    Available storage lag?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:37 PM PDT

    I just did a mass photo/video delete and even after verifying that everything was successfully deleted, my 256gb iPhone 11 Pro Max says only 75gb storage available. Stats in 'About' show only 13 photos, no videos, and 36 applications. Is there a communication lag when deleting large quantities of photos/videos?

    submitted by /u/Origynn
    [link] [comments]

    No voicemail tab in phone app iPhone 7

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    On my wife's iPhone 7 there's no voicemail tab in the phone app. I have 6s and it shows. We have the same carrier. Hers

    https://imgur.com/a/NUgsDaZ Mine:

    https://imgur.com/a/p3iSoDB

    I was able to find instructions online to set up voicemail but they all start with "open phone app and tap voicemail tab"

    If you long press the phone app icon and choose recent voicemail it just opens the keypad of the phone app.

    We have reset "Network settings" and there are no pending iOS updates.

    She thinks it was always like this and didn't even know it was supposed to be there she's been dialing in to check voicemail.

    submitted by /u/MeekLocator
    [link] [comments]

    suppose i send a few texts on imessage while being blocked, do people receive those texts on imessages after they’ve unblocked you?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    Does anyone know how I can get rid of this spam event I signed up for on accident

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    I can’t download the latest iOS update

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:37 PM PDT

    My phone has been constantly telling me to update it so I finally tried to, but I can't. Every time it tries to verify the update it says an error occurred.

    I have enough storage space, have tried restarting the phone, deleting the update and redownloading it, nothing has worked.

    submitted by /u/plumecat
    [link] [comments]

    I think I downloaded malware. :(

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:24 PM PDT

    iPhone 6 user here. Damnit. I found this "vpn" tab that is always on now in my settings. I didn't pay for anything which makes me think that I (very stupidly) must have agreed to some dumb fake crap. (This week was tough, lots of wine was needed after work). I went over my data limit for the first time ever, and sometimes my texts won't send? I'm not good at any of this and so I throw myself at the mercy of good reddit people like yourselves. If there's no way to fix it... can I bring it to someone...should I get a new phone...anything to point me in the right direction. I feel like my parents when I tell them to not fall for scams. I don't remember doing it but now I'm afraid someone is going to steal ma monies, sell my info, or just ramp up my phone bill from data usage >.<

    submitted by /u/icuntcur
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes my iPhone 7 freezes very much

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:09 PM PDT

    It happens 2-3 a day, when I lock the iPhone 7 and trying to unlock it, the phone is freezing very much. It happens not always, only 2-3 times a day, but it is annoying. Just I don't really know, I used only android phones and just wanted to try iPhone and have ordered from Chine refurbished one. I've checked, general parts is original, except of battery, it has changed and it has 100% of capacity. Also I updated for the latest iOS version. iPhone users, please help me.

    submitted by /u/Alibek7474
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted info keeps coming back to phone

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Have a friend (seriously!) who deletes her iphone texts, pics, etc., from her phone and the cloud, then they re-appear. Has happened three times. Any idea's how to stop this?

    I've Googled, Youtube'd, etc., but can't find any steps she might be missing.

    submitted by /u/jowsbaby
    [link] [comments]

    ?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Missing Text Messages

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Yesterday I spent around 6 hours resetting and restoring my iPhone due to technical issues. It turns out that I didn't receive any of the text messages sent to me during that period. I'm unable to get these to load by toggling the imessage sync in the icloud settings. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/DasPossums
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t log into iPhone

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    In Settings, I'm seeing "Sign into your iPhone"—I don't know how I was signed out, but I can't access iTunes or the Apple Store. When I enter the correct username/password, the grey logging in screen appears with the spinning wheel, but then it just returns me to the Settings page, still logged out. No message appears.

    I can login via Settings>iTunes&App Store, but that doesn't actually allow me to access either.

    If I try logging in via Music, I see the following message:

    "A iTunes Store account already exists. Only a single iTunes store account is allowed to be saved."

    Other than knowing I have very, very low free storage on my phone, I have absolutely no idea what's wrong or how to log back in. The username/password are correct.

    Any ideas how to fix it? And if I turn off my phone while I'm logged out (and unable to log back in), do I risk losing access to the system altogether?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/nuhatcip606
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel