• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    macOS How far we’ve come.

    macOS How far we’ve come.


    How far we’ve come.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:50 PM PDT

    MacOS 11 - Screentime...

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    MacOS 11 - Screentime...

    Hi all,

    I'm hoping that through the developer/public beta's when can have apple acknowledge the poor implementation of Screentime on Mac.

    As you should be aware, if anything is running in the background it counts as actual usage, which is pathetic.

    Apple need to implement active window capturing of time and ignore background processes that have no user UI being displayed.

    Look at my busy morning at work! I've maniacally managed to be able to clock up 12.5hrs of work in my 2.5hr day already. What a super productive morning I've had. 🙄

    How on earth could you actually use parent control features when it miss counts everything?

    https://preview.redd.it/dvdkxdkd2z751.jpg?width=966&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=6ecbacbf45f946f89f539e61283ef098fef213a6

    submitted by /u/Insomniac86
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify won't let you like songs through AppleScripts! - But you can give them the reach-around with python and their webAPI to like the current song from your touchbar. [MTMR][spotipy]

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Anyone else miss this long lost toggle?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    Blu rays and Dvds

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Any way to copy my movie collection onto my MacBook?

    submitted by /u/pah1978
    [link] [comments]

    what's your thoughts on the new icons?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    iCloud driving me insane ...

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Hey guys.

    My iCloud Drive has been trying to upload more than 20 GB for days. And I'm not even progressing by a quarter. The MacBook battery is empty every two hours because the process is quite CPU-intensive.

    Can you cancel or stop the whole thing? I already finished the Bird process but of course it continues after a few seconds ...

    I don't know what to do anymore ...

    submitted by /u/hennesch
    [link] [comments]

    Rotating photos in Mac Photos is excruciatingly slow

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:15 AM PDT

    Rotating photos in Mac Photos is excruciatingly slow

    When I try to rotate a photo (or photos) in the default Mac Photos app, it sometimes will take a few seconds to rotate, and a loading bar comes up with the progress.

    https://preview.redd.it/ugnfhdr200851.png?width=877&format=png&auto=webp&s=c90d07a2fe8d9a392cbbdbda75e3e67e96d1bfa0

    This is on my MacBook Pro 2019 running Catalina. I never used to have this problem on Mojave, where rotation would be pretty much instant.

    I have less than 100 photos and videos, so I don't think having too many photos is the problem. If you know what the problem is and how to fix it, that would be great.

    submitted by /u/Half_Baked_1
    [link] [comments]

    Remember me?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:12 PM PDT

    Virtual Desktop Cycle

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    Is it possible to cycle through the Desktops/Virtual Desktops in MacOS?
    I mean, if I have 4 desktops, I want to cycle 1>2>3>4>1>2...
    The point is I have some data on desktop 1 and some other references on desktop 4, right now I have to swipe all through the desktops to reach the one I need.
    Maybe any system settings or third party apps?

    submitted by /u/vivchawda
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook with beta heats up quickly and issues with FT?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    I recently got the 2020 MacBook Pro just a bit over a week ago and I downloaded the beta recently and I noticed my MacBook heats up very quickly even when just running safari or discord. Anyone else experiencing that?

    Also I noticed when using FaceTime on the Mac people can't see my face but I can see theirs and they can still hear me and I can still hear them and communicate but they can't see my video screen.

    Please lmk.

    submitted by /u/katers56
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Chrome automation

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    Does anyone know on how to run a script like automation on chrome browser. Example whenever user at this website, and the script can detect that website and hit a certain button whenever the user opening that website? I'm trying to figure what is this called and how to look for this script.

    submitted by /u/thestickle
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Accent Colours?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:28 AM PDT

    Is there any way to set a custom Accent colour, or change one of the existing ones? I'm on Mojave (10.14.6).

    submitted by /u/NA-Bowzah-130
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 13 2018 not working with airpods.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:44 PM PDT

    So I thought my airpods pros were going to work great with my new Mac!

    Unfortunately, they have been nothing but a nightmare. I'm signed into my icloud on both my mac and iphone, however, when I have my airpods connected to my phone, they don't transfer over to my mac when they should. I can turn off the bluetooth on my phone and connect the airpods to my mac, but then when I try and switch the output from speakers to airpods, nothing happens. It's like it stays locked into the mac speakers.

    It's beyond frustrating. How can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/A_tank96
    [link] [comments]

    Brand-new MBP 2019: frequently seeing "battery not charging" whilst on AC power

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Not sure what's going on, if this is part of the Battery Management feature, but it takes a reboot to start charging again. Has happened twice in the last week and a half.

    I typically never run it on battery -- I've always just left it plugged in, going on my 4th MBP now -- so not sure if this is Battery Management and/or if I should disable it if I'm going to leave it plugged in 99% of the time.

    submitted by /u/fistofgravy
    [link] [comments]

    How does Battery Health Management work?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    I just got a new Macbook Pro and am a bit confused about the Battery Health Management feature. I thought it prevents you from charging beyond 80%, but with it on, it still charges to 100%. Is it not working for me, or does it rescale the apportioned part of the battery to be 100%?

    submitted by /u/24thG
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have this picture in HEIC format? It's too pixelated on my desktop for my liking

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:04 AM PDT

    Not even macOS knows it’s identity at this point

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    MBP 16" + 100Hz Display = powerdraw too high?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    MBP 16" + 100Hz Display = powerdraw too high?

    Hi folks,

    I recently bought an 100Hz Display with 3440x1440 resolution, which works fine with my MBP 16" with Radeon 5500.

    BUT...I discovered that since then my CPU would not clock over about 2Ghz, sometimes only 1,5Ghz under medium load (Music Production).

    I talked to Apple support, searched for hints etc. and now revealed the secret:

    With 60Hz the Radeon draws about 6-7W. Switching to 100Hz leads to around 20W of power consumption, just for the radeon, just for showing a desktop with 2D Apps.

    And my Macbook does not go past the 60W, though its pretty cool with 65°C for the CPU, so the CPU clock is going down.

    Has anybody experienced something like this? And is it a bug or a feature? I mean, displaying a 2D desktop is a super lightweight task, either with 60Hz or 100Hz and shouldnt bother the radeon at all. Even iPads have 120Hz!

    And is it normal that the Macbook is limited to 60W? I mean the Input is 96W and the cooling is apparently able to deliver more (65°C is super chilled compared to the 100°C allowed).

    Thanks for your support and stay save! :)

    https://preview.redd.it/0x5cbiy48u751.png?width=282&format=png&auto=webp&s=f155fe7354617a5626398ac8f3093cb5a0f58b81

    submitted by /u/CevahirCombo
    [link] [comments]

    So im trying to download my wacom but this message keeps popping up everytime i try to download it. I tried to fix it and it wont work would someone please help me.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Scrolling behavior in the Music app

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    I've seen people talk about this issue already, but I was wondering if anyone found a solution for it— has anyone else noticed strange and clunky scrolling on the "albums" tab of the Music app? Does anyone have a fix for it? That's literally the only place I can find this weird bug.

    submitted by /u/TheIncredibleBucket
    [link] [comments]

    info on desktop

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:30 PM PDT

    I there a way to make have a list of the top 5 resource heavy processes in the lower right. of the desktop? preferably right on the desktop so it's there when i need it and not when I don't. I know I can pull top up in terminal or activity monitor in gui but that's a lot of steps I just need to know if something I'm working on is crunching the computer

    submitted by /u/iwantatransam
    [link] [comments]

    Questions about Apple Music on MacOS

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:11 PM PDT

    1. Can you create playlist folders on Apple Music in MacOS? Either the current version or Big Sur? I know you can on iTunes on windows and I would assume you could on the Mac as well. I wasn't sure if this is gone or not because I don't have a Mac and use windows.

    2. Can you create smart playlists in the app? Cause I really like using those and am really seeing the benefits for me.

    3. Can you upload music to your iCloud music library on Apple Music on Mac? Because that's something that I love to be able to do because there is plenty of music I have that Apple Music doesn't

    submitted by /u/erclark99
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel