• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Apple Macbook First A12Z Bionic DTK Geekbench 5 benchmarks

    Apple Macbook First A12Z Bionic DTK Geekbench 5 benchmarks


    First A12Z Bionic DTK Geekbench 5 benchmarks

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 16 i9 throttles to 0.8 ghz even if the temperature is not even 60 degrees Celsius, also kernel task process at 1000%, what is the problem?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    For anyone who's asking about buying a MacBook vs waiting for the ARM processor versions

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    I've seen countless carbon copy questions on this thread that typically go along the lines of 'I want to buy a MacBook but, having just seen the WWDC announcement shall I wait for the next version?' instead of checking the many other posts that ask the same thing on this subreddit.

    If you absolutely need to buy a MacBook, then go and buy one! Just because they're switching to Apple Silicon doesn't mean that all of those running Intel processors suddenly become a load of rubbish - they've spent years upon years trying to improve these processing capabilities. If you aren't desperate to buy a MacBook then voila, there's your answer. Wait a few months, see what they're offering and then make your decision between a new ARM MacBook or a refurbished/second-hand Intel MacBook.

    submitted by /u/gnbetech
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 16" Cases

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Hi Mac People, do you know a good case for the Macbook Pro 16" laptop? It's like a $2500 investment and I'd just like to protect it from scratches and possibly any warping of the material. I'm guessing only a Pelican case would protect it from drop damage, but I don't think I will be dropping it. I guess I'm looking for something like an OtterBox or Panasonic Tough Book.

    submitted by /u/NotWolfgangPuck
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking to get for my GF MacBook 12. Will it run photoshop without freezes? Also price is 500

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    Will the ARM-based Macbooks be more expensive when they come out later this year?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:59 PM PDT

    Hi, all. I have a 2015 Macbook Pro which is still working fine. I've been thinking of selling this machine and buying either an MBA 2020 or MBP 2020 as a gift for myself on my birthday in two months. What attracts me to the current lineup of Macbook is the price point, especially the MBA.

    Basically, I'm a professional in the field of writing so 95% of my usage revolves around Word processing and browsing the net. I rarely do photo editing with Lightroom. I don't do gaming on my Mac.

    With the recent announcement of the upcoming Macbooks with the new chips, will they be more expensive than the current lineup? Again, what attracts me to the MBA or MBP is the price point.

    I'm sorry if this question seems so ignorant. I'm not really well-versed in the economics of tech right now. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Beduzzy
    [link] [comments]

    I’m getting my first Mac ever tomorrow (MBP 13”) What should I do, download, install, uninstall, etc?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:21 PM PDT

    I'm beyond excited. I haven't had a laptop in about 5 years. I've got a pretty great PC I built and have CS6 on it. I'm planning on using Affinity on my MBP. I'm aiming to really dive in to podcasting and some voice work so being portable is going to be a huge help. Basic design and web stuff. I've already got a license for Logic and Final Cut to play around with.

    Really, any/all suggestions welcome!

    submitted by /u/DrummerDKS
    [link] [comments]

    Full Screen Video Screen Glitch

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:30 AM PDT

    Quick Question About The Fingerprint Reader AKA TouchID

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    So, my current (non Apple- Notebook has a Fingerprint reader, which works like hot garbage. ''reading'' it 100% of the time, but telling me fingerprint was not recognized, setting it up up again, and it tells me I cant use the same finger twice, like wtf I thought it cant recognize it. (its not even some random cheap Computer btw))

    I think my point is clear, mine sucks big time, and I'm currently looking for a new Notebook. Since I started getting into the Apple Eco System a while back I thought about buiyng a Macbook, so, is TouchID consistent from your experience.

    Of course I don't take my decision based on the fingerprint reader, but It'd be nice, if it has one already, it works.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/tlgf_fr
    [link] [comments]

    Help me choose a monitor (Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro w/Retina)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Apologies if this has been asked before, i've been doing a lot of research and the similar posts have all been from a few years back, so would like some fresh thoughts with the new monitors on the market.

    I've been looking for a monitor for my MacBook Pro which is my primary workstation. I'm a university student so I tend to spend a lot of time on my mac, so I figured it's an appropriate time to get a screen with extra real estate and to not strain my eyes as much. My use is mainly for browsing the internet, watching videos, word documents, spreadsheets etc. I don't do any gaming on my Mac currently and don't do any video/photo editing.

    I initially bought the Samsung CF390 on an impulse, since it was on sale. I knew the resolution wasn't going to be great since it was 1920x1080, but I didn't realise it was almost unusable especially when next to my Macbook's Retina display. So i've returned that and i'm looking again.

    From my research, it seems that a 1440p would be a lot better? I don't think I can afford a 4k monitor, and from what I've seen, the display will be too small anyways? My budget is around $300-$400, however I am flexible if there is something a little bit higher.

    Basically, I want a monitor that can match up with my Macbook's retina display as I will have them side by side. Any recommendations or thoughts would be highly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/travellingtheworld21
    [link] [comments]

    Okay, first possible MacBook purchase.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    I know everything going on with intel and all that, but honestly I just need a good laptop and if it can last me a while I'm all for it.

    So I went onto bestbuy because I've had some good savings there, and I found this listing for a MacBook Air 256gb at only 899 so a whole 100 bucks less. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-13-3-laptop-with-touch-id-intel-core-i3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-latest-model-space-gray/6366606.p?skuId=6366606

    What I'm wondering is, is it worth the money? Would this be a steal or should I just find a refurbished older model

    submitted by /u/OliveGardenDumpster
    [link] [comments]

    usb c attachments causing my laptop to heat up - is this normal?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:30 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I recently have been keeping track of my CPU temps and I've noticed that when I plug in my usb c multiport hub from INSIGNIA (HDMI, USB 3.0, and usb-c. all are connected. HDMI to an external monitor, usb 3.0 to my wireless mouse receiver, and usb-c to my macbook pro charger.

    When I plug this attachment in specifically, my computer increases about 4-7 degrees C than if it were un plugged, and wanted to know if there is a way to fix this issue, or if it's normal and I shouldn't worry?

    I'm a video editor and my CPU temps get very high during times when I render / export anything, am compositing in after effects, etc. so I want to make sure I keep my computer as low as possible.

    My CPU temps are fine, nothing over 50 C idle, 57 when plugged in, I just am trying to dial in this new home set up and wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions!

    link to my usb c hub

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/midzyasaur
    [link] [comments]

    Well, this sucks...

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:00 PM PDT

    Well, this sucks...

    Health Information:

    • Cycle Count: 130
    • Condition: Service Recommended

    2018 15" MacBook Pro. Not even two years old. Battery capacity reported at 75%. Fuck this. Local retailers and are closed or have over 3 months of delays for parts. Not travelling to the US until next year either.

    Not even two years old.

    submitted by /u/Advanced_Path
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a Macbook While Waiting for ARM

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I had posted here earlier I think but now things have changed with the introduction of ARM. I wanted to buy a specced out 13 inch MBP because I use a virtual machine to do research and was worried that the Air could not handle it.

    Now that ARM is coming up and Ming-Chi Kuo saying that the 13 MBP may be updated first (which also makes sense because that's the more expensive machine they would want to sell people on vs the 13 inch MBA), I am hesitant to spend a lot on an MBP. My total cost for a max spec device would be about 3900 CAD. This would be the device replacing my 15 inch MBP (also max specs)

    I'm wondering if it may be better to just get a temporary device while waiting with lower specs - an MBA with i5 and 16 GB of RAM (2200 CAD), or, because my RAM usage is the biggest issue with the programs I run (am very Chrome heavy + virtual machine), a 13 MBP with 2.0 Ghz processor and 32 GB of RAM (2400 CAD). These are still very expensive devices to just buy as a hold over

    Wondering what you guys think would be the better option? I need a computer while waiting. My son is planning to take over my 15 inch for video editing for school and it's also become too cumbersome for me.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/shimmerglitterdust
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2020 8gb vs 16gb ram?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I recently purchased the MacBook Air 2020 with i5 processor and 8gb ram. However now I am wondering whether I should have upgraded the ram after reading reviews on multitasking. I'm a college student and usually just use my laptop to do homework and watch YouTube or Netflix. But working from home requires me to use Zoom while using multiple tabs (something I've been having issues with my chromebook) Should I cancel my laptop order before it ships out and upgrade the RAM to 16gb or will 8gb be fine? I don't plan on getting a new computer for a few years after this and want to make sure I'm choosing the right option.

    submitted by /u/Nervous_Passion
    [link] [comments]

    Because of change to ARM, wondering if I should trade my 2019 MacBook Air in toward credit for an iPad Pro.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    With the change To ARM, I'm wondering what support for Intel Macs will look like in a few years.

    I'm thinking of trading in my 2019 MacBook Air toward credit for an iPad Pro and waiting until ARM MacBook Airs come out.

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/mulderscully02
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the better deal? 2018 13in MBP touchbar with i7 @ 2.7 GHz and 16 GB ram for 1535 or a new 2020 13 in MBP with base very thing except for upgraded 16 GB ram and AirPods included for 1513.34?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    Question is in title, thanks guys. The 2018 mbp is in good condition and was used as an office computer. Please lmk what y'all think. :).

    submitted by /u/-Pancakemix-
    [link] [comments]

    How should I spec my MacBook?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:58 AM PDT

    So I'm buying a MacBook Pro for work, how do I spec it?

    I work in a school in a media department & am investing in my own MacBook due to our whole department running on macs. I will mainly be using Final Cut Pro & photoshop/ affinity. However in my own time I do a lot of music production. Is it worth spending slightly more in order to future proof the machine? If so how? Also bare in mind, I will get the MacBook at a discounted price due to working in education. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/KidJC
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Hack - Idk if many of you know this or not but I thought this may help you if watch Netflix. If you want take screenshots from Netflix's site well you can't do it from Safari but If you use Firefox then Voila You can do it like this in this Gif.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    New 2020 Macbook Air Charging issue

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    I just bought a new Macbook Air and there have been multiple times already where the charger won't stay plugged in. I'll wake up in the morning and the charger had loosened and received no charge. I feel that when it's charging, if I pull on the charger ever so slightly it disconnects (unlike my last Macbook or any other apple product I have had). Is my Macbook defective or is this user error? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/brennanrk
    [link] [comments]

    Very less battery life on MBP 13'' 2019 1.4gz 8gb Ram

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:43 AM PDT

    Only having online classes on MS teams will drain my battery from 100% to 0% in around 4 hours. It is much less than advertised and makes life difficult. It is not a demanding task in my opinion yet the poor battery life, I don't use Chrome only native apps. Are there any solutions to this? I have around 200 charge cycles on my laptop

    submitted by /u/Meetshahaha
    [link] [comments]

    Should I upgrade from 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch to 2020 MacBook Pro or 2020 MacBook Air

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    I currently have an Early 2015 MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.7 ghz Dual Core 8GB ram and 256Gb SSD. I mainly use it for school and its been good to me for 5 years but its starting to show its age and I have all my classes online now and I need to do virtual labs online using Labster and it makes my MacBook get really hot and runs the fans loudly and slows it down. I plan on using student discount and selling my current MacBook Pro and the free AirPods I'll get, so base MacBook Air with Quad core i5 should cost me $250 out of pocket (after selling old MacBook) and high end MacBook Pro ($1800 model with 16gb ram and 512gb SSD) will cost me around $1000 out of pocket. I am conflicted about waiting for arm MacBooks since idk when or which model will be released. I don't edit or play games anymore on my Mac and I would mainly use it for multitasking school work like multiple browsing tabs, YouTube, email, powerpoints, virtual online labs etc. I would prefer spending less money and upgrading to ARM MacBooks in a year or two rather than spending a lot of money to get a MacBook and keep it for 5 years since Apple may not support the intel Macs like they have supported the recent Macs for years. What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/abatwithitsmouthopen
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, I've been using the Macbook Pro 16inch base model since past few days...

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    And I am somewhat not impressed with display quality in this one I think it's not anywhere near 4k it's inferior to my tv screen quality.. I don't find the videos to be sharper as per my expectations with this costly ass machine...do y'all think the same..or r u lot satisfied with it????plz do tell me it's kinda bugging me lately. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/Corrosionmind
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel