• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    macOS Adblock doesn't work like it used to?

    macOS Adblock doesn't work like it used to?


    Adblock doesn't work like it used to?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    I use Adguard for Safari. It used to be that it would completely eliminate Youtube ads, but lately it's been giving me a white screen with the skip ad button before every video. This happens on 100%of videos. A while ago I was getting playback errors in YouTube on every video, but that has passed and essentially been replaced with this issue. Do you have any suggestions to fix this or ideas as top why it's happened?

    submitted by /u/TheObeseShotgun
    [link] [comments]

    ARM is coming, clever to buy a Mac now?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    Right now I am thinking about buying my first MacBook ever. As leaks say, Apple will introduce ARM support for MacOS at WWDC and first machines will come end 2020 and from 2021 they will only sell ARM powered Mac(books).

    So may it be possible that it is now the wrong time to buy a MacBook to use for years? If ARM will be the new standard in 2021 I can imagine that few apps (or updates for existing apps) won't come to old intel based MacBooks maybe already in 2022.

    Also I Imagine that selling the Intel based machine in e.g. 2022 or 2023 will be quite hard, as then it will be a legacy platform.

    What are you guys thinking?

    submitted by /u/95ole
    [link] [comments]

    Photos App library

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    Photos App library

    Hi guys, quick one...

    I installed the OS on an external SSD to make my (new btw) iMac 2019 run like a decent computer and not like my 1998 pc.... and I'm trying to leave all the big stuff on the HDD including the photos library.

    But every time I try to open the photos app with the hdd library it gives me an error "photos cannot find the system photo library" and I don't know what to do.

    https://preview.redd.it/5tznt4hacf651.png?width=2396&format=png&auto=webp&s=81b324713da82a939600d6c70e01e85e2da821a4

    I checked the permissions the seem to be fine.

    Any help?

    Tia

    submitted by /u/dangas182
    [link] [comments]

    Remove space at left and right ends of dock?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Remove space at left and right ends of dock?

    Hi all,

    I am new to MacOS and have never used it before. I wanted to make the dock fill the width of my desktop (I keep all my shortcuts here rather than on the desktop) - I found an app called cDock that does this (see pic). However, I haven't found a way to remove the spacers at the ends of the dock to make the icon area fully expand to use the whole width. Does anyone know if there is any way to do this currently?

    Thanks!

    https://preview.redd.it/xnd5yyezrc651.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=16ce87ce3c49eaffc3fd0cc22b42eda191292f04

    submitted by /u/Skywatcher17
    [link] [comments]

    A feature I wish MacOS menus had: holding down a modifier key when selecting a menu command would prevent the menu from closing so you could select other adjacent commands.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    It would save me so many clicks.

    submitted by /u/BasementDweller3000
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of buying a Mac

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:09 PM PDT

    Thinking of buying a Mac

    So I'm thinking of buying a Mac because previously I've been using HP computers all my life, but recently I've went through multiple in a few years. I was wondering which Mac would be better, Air or Pro. Obviously the Air is much less expensive, but the trade-off is in performance. If I'd only be using it for school work and Adobe, how MUCH better is the Pro. Like is it noticeably faster? The other factor would be life span. I don't really want to buy another in say 3 years, so which one has the better life span and how long is the average life span for a Mac? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/FCSIII
    [link] [comments]

    Safari Blank YouTube Videos

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    Safari Blank YouTube Videos

    Recently noticed this problem in Safari.

    A lot of YouTube videos I load, just appear blank. There are some that work, but the majority just show blank.

    - Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash

    - Tried empty caches

    Really don't want to switch browsers

    Any other suggestions?

    https://preview.redd.it/t1ixgs70gc651.png?width=3217&format=png&auto=webp&s=57a1098d8d134fd33bea0b2555aaf215197e813a

    submitted by /u/hamster61
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to play games purchased on the mac app store on a windows 10 pc?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    So about a year ago, i bought surviving mars and simcity deluxe from the mac app store on my macbook air 2018. One year later, i made my own windows pc, and would like to play the games. I didnt buy them on steam because i didnt know it existed, (i was 12 and thought the mac app store was the best game store, dont judge me, is there a way to download them on my windows 10 pc? i dont care about save data, just the game itself.

    submitted by /u/Marco_Memes
    [link] [comments]

    I'm Stuck In a FileVault Decryption Loop! Reaches ~30% Over Several Days, MBP Crashes, Reboots, Immediately Restarts 6% Decryption!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    How do I make a bootable USB for Mac OS X Mavericks on macOS Mojave?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    I have the dmg in my applications I just can't figure out a way to have it done. All I know is I gotta change the date to 2014 June for it to work.. Help pls

    submitted by /u/apostmi
    [link] [comments]

    What is "deleted" in activity monitor?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    It's using more than 50% of CPU and heating up my MacBook.

    submitted by /u/yaynative
    [link] [comments]

    Syncing iBooks between macOS and iOS

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:36 PM PDT

    I am on the latest OS for both devices

    How do I get them to cloud sync? I added an ePub to my macOS iBook app, and it didn't automatically show up on my iPhone.

    iCloud sync is switched on for iBooks and I can't see what I might be missing

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/johndoe1985
    [link] [comments]

    I have icloud keychain turned on on my iphone and pc and my paswords arent syncing. in safari

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    I have screen time enabled. is there any way i can use private mode? rn it is grayed out.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Battery Drained To 0% Overnight

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I closed the lid to my 2020 Macbook Pro laptop yesterday afternoon with 90% battery life remaining. This morning when I went to use the laptop, battery was fully drained and I had to plug it into the charger. This is concerning because I want to preserve the health of my battery.

    Anyone know if there's a way I can figure out which app might be causing this? Apps I currently have installed include:

    - Alfred

    - Better Snap/Touch Tools

    - Tooth Fair

    - Malwarebytes

    - Vanilla

    - Itsycal

    - Chrome

    All the rest of the apps are pretty much default Mac OS apps. Hopefully I can figure out what caused this.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/A1MB1G
    [link] [comments]

    I've a old 2011 Macbook Air with 10.11.6 (El Capitan) - What is the latest version I can upgrade to?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:41 AM PDT

    The MacOS app store isn't allowing me to upgrade. Is there any other way to upgrade and if yes, what is the latest version I can get?

    submitted by /u/svg_12345
    [link] [comments]

    Is "waiting for feedback.adrecover.com" malware and how do I get rid of it?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    When I type in this reddit text window (and I assume other windows) I see a series of messages at the bottom of the window.

    "waiting for feedback.adrecover.com..." "waiting for s.thebrighttag.com..." "waiting for ib.adnxs.com..."

    etc...

    I deleted Chrome and reinstalled.

    Removed all extensions and installed just 4 old one that I know from before. Installed Malwarebytes and have it running and have scanned several times.

    It seems it's reading what I type and is looking to place ads based on what I type. How can I remove this. Pretty sure it's adware.

    submitted by /u/KarlJay001
    [link] [comments]

    My system file is 70GB on a 120GB SSD. What is going on here and how do i fix it?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:41 AM PDT

    Through my searching, i have found that the system file is usually 15-20GB, so mine is unusually high. I have gone through the standard procedures of checking internal storage, running disk utility software and such, but i cannot get into this 'system file' that is displayed on the 'Manage Storage' section of the Apple menu.

    What's more, i'm getting a popup every 30 seconds reminding me that my storage is nearly full.

    submitted by /u/JorSum
    [link] [comments]

    A ebook cover changer

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    Hi!

    For a few years I have been collecting and reading ebooks on my trusty Kobo. I have put all these books in a big folder on my iCloud and I just love looking at them while scrolling by. But every time I get a new book and the cover is all wrong I need to download Calibre and go through a whole process of importing, changing the screenshot, grabbing the ebook from the place Calibre places it (its very determined to put everything in folders, which I don't like) and putting it back into on my iCloud.

    Now I was wondering, isn't there a simple tool on the Mac which let you take a ebook and swap its cover?

    Thx!

    submitted by /u/foxy1604
    [link] [comments]

    AddTrust External CA Root expired may 30 across all MACos systems?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    Does every system (up to date like mojave) or platform have AddTrust External CA Root expired from their certificates on may 30?

    submitted by /u/annoym120
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel