• Breaking News

    Monday, June 22, 2020

    Apple Macbook Had this workhorse for 8 years (mid-2012 MBA A1466) - any quality of life recommendations?

    Apple Macbook Had this workhorse for 8 years (mid-2012 MBA A1466) - any quality of life recommendations?


    Had this workhorse for 8 years (mid-2012 MBA A1466) - any quality of life recommendations?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:43 AM PDT

    Online Education Pricing Verification

    Posted: 22 Jun 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Has anyone bought an Apple product through the education pricing? If yes, did they ask you for any verification? Thanks to anyone who replies!

    submitted by /u/cheskadvr
    [link] [comments]

    2020 13 inch, 10th gen i5 / 512 GB / 16 GB. $1500 a good deal?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    I am debating between this or the i9 refurb, and trying to calculate savings, don't ask me why maybe pandemic insanity is causing me to think of money savings cost over all.

    Anyway this MacBook pro retails for $1799 and I can get it for $1500+tax. so thats about 17% in savings. and the apple refurb i9 retails for $2799 with both about, 17% in savings.

    What would y'all do?! Any people down graded successfully from larger screens to smaller 13 inch form factor?

    submitted by /u/MediumInterview4734
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro fan kicks in

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    Hi! I just purchase macbookpro 13" based model and just notice after setting up, its really hot and my fan kicks in, i'm just importing my pictures/videos from iphone to external drive. Is it normal? Or should i be worry that my macbook is defective? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Snoo21253
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to trash a document. Never seen it before.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:44 PM PDT

    Staingate. Removing antiglare coating?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    I have a few places with staingate. I got tired of it and tried removing it with the following:

    1. Wet wipes
    2. Melamine foam
    3. Baking soda paste
    4. 70% alcohol wipes

    The only thing it's done is make one spot a lot bigger. I don't really notice it unless my macbook is off or if I concentrate of the spot.

    Have you had any success completely removing the coating? What did you use?

    submitted by /u/McHaaps
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone bought MagSafe1 with the converter instead of MagSafe2 for their 2nd charger?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    My 2012 retina MBP is going strong almost 8 years later. Replaced the battery a few years ago and DIY lengthened my original MagSafe 2 when it got really frayed and it's been great.

    I need another MagSafe for another location though. I have been toying with the idea of getting a MagSafe 1 and permanently fixing the converter so I don't lose it. I never had an L MagSafe but it seemed so logical vs the T design, which I hate.

    Has anyone done this and regretted it? I would spend maybe $20 more but I feel like the convenience and potential longevity from the wire not pulling awkwardly may make sense. Never really saw anyone intentionally buying the old charger to use with the converter but I figured some people thought of this genius idea. I'll probably do it but I was curious if others have done it.

    submitted by /u/disfunctionalidiot97
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2015 repair problems

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I had a MBA 2015 which once shutdown, went faulty. Some problems with the motherboard. I'm getting an offer to get my motherboard replaced for 240$ (max, if mine not repairable and min 125$) by a non apple repair shop(got a friend's macbook air 2016 repaired before). I have another option of going for a windows laptop for around 6-700$. I'm confused as what to do in this situation. Please give your suggestions guys. I have a 4gb model*.

    submitted by /u/kyakarloge
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get 16" or 2019 Macbook Pro 15"? Keyboard okay on the 2019 model?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Appreciate any help! Using it for editing and programming.

    submitted by /u/Phylose
    [link] [comments]

    Intel based Macs?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    So i looking at 16 macbook Pros right now. With the announcement arm based macs do you think one should still be buying an intel based mac a this point. I don't want to be left in the dust like when apple went from PowerPC to intel. I usually like to keep my Macs ~5 years.

    submitted by /u/Prog44
    [link] [comments]

    Widespread issue with 2020 Macbook Pro / Air models - a collection of articles and threads covering the issue

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    In an attempt to bring more light onto this issue in hopes of getting a statement / fix from Apple as soon as possible, here is a collection of articles and thread covering a new, seemingly widespread defect with 2020 MBP and MBA laptops. As an owner of a 13" 2020 MBP, I experienced the issue myself and am quite unhappy about it, as you can imagine, having USB devices that are essential for my daily usage that seem to randomly lose connection every few hours, or even minutes.

    WEB ARTICLES:

    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/new-macbook-air-and-macbook-pro-models-have-serious-usb-flaw-what-to-do

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2020/06/18/apple-macbook-pro-macbook-air-macos-catalina-usb-problem-connectivity/#3614c94a455c

    https://www.laptopmag.com/news/new-macbook-models-suffering-from-frustrating-usb-bug-what-to-do-now

    https://9to5mac.com/2020/06/17/users-reporting-usb-2-0-compatiblity-issues-with-2020-macbook-pro-and-macbook-air/

    https://tech.hindustantimes.com/laptops-pc/news/apple-s-new-macbooks-suffer-this-strange-usb-problem-71592534010471.html

    USER THREADS:

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/2020-macbooks-seem-to-have-a-new-widespread-issue-with-usb-2-0-devices-getting-disconnected.2241146/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comments/gp5b1z/usb_20_issues_on_new_macbook_pro_13_2020/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookair/comments/g7xi2r/macbook_air_2020_usb_disconnects/

    https://www.macrumors.com/2020/06/17/macbook-pro-usb-2-0-accessory-issues/

    I hope Apple will issue a fix as soon as possible, or if it's a hardware issue we would be expecting a massive recall program, which would be horrible. Hopes up for a software issue.

    submitted by /u/b_fnk
    [link] [comments]

    Easiest way to upgrade my Macbook Air 2012 from Mountain Lion to Catalina?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    I tried doing it earlier using the Catalina Patcher but i got stuck on the Disk Cleanup page. Anything is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MidniteMoon02
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to delete only photos from macbook through my iphone or iCloud email?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    I'm going to take my macbook for repair tomorrow because it stopped recognising my trackpad and keyboard so it's not turning on. I wanted to know if there was a way to delete the icloud synced photos from mac through some other way without deleting those photos from my icloud account.

    submitted by /u/pizzaarctic
    [link] [comments]

    Used Macbook Pro 16" 2019

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    So... What do you guys think about this deal. I found Macbook Pro 16" 2019 priced for 900€ Specs are: i9 2,3GHz 1TB ssd 16GB ram Radeon Pro 5300m 4Gt

    The laptop is almost non used because the owner did not like apple ecosystem. I have the laptop secured for me till monday when the seller gets recipes from the store he bought it.

    For me that is a steal.

    submitted by /u/sewexi
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 2012

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    I am getting my first macbook and its a 2012 macbook pro, my brother up graded it to 10 gb ram and 250 gb ssd. I was wondering if these upgrades are enough and I need more ram or storage also if anyone has a 2012 macbook pro, i was hoping to get your thoughts on it and how it runs

    submitted by /u/buzzlightyearsr
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the best dongle w/r/t Ethernet speed and monitor resolution?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    Hi all, I have an 34" monitor (5120 x 2160 pixels). Additionally should also support high speed Ethernet.

    Which dongle can you recommend?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dr_progress
    [link] [comments]

    Charging speed with MacBook Pro 13 2020

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    Hello guys,

    Please can someone tell me what's your charging speed in watt using conocut i used to get 50 watt and now the max I can get is 30 watt using Apple original 60w charger

    Can you please open conocut or battery monitor and tell me ? (With 60 w usb-c brick)

    submitted by /u/fatalgamers
    [link] [comments]

    Fixing Apple's Engineering in an Hour

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    HELP CHOOSING PLEASE! Urgent ��

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Hey guys, first post here and i was wondering if y'all can help with my decision.

    I'm an architect and interior designer, I've always used mac and i love the ecosystem (my phone, earphones, etc) I'm a very "design driven" person and just love the way a mac looks on my desk... but as an architect i tend to use "very demanding" 3D softwares like Lumion for rendering interiors and building... i have a 15" 2016 MacBook Pro with Touchbar 16GB Ram but recently I've experienced a malfunction on my screen... when the computer gets hot, the screen strats flickering and the display have some black horizontal lines all over it... its currently at the repair shop but i have the feeling that i will be a $700+ repair...

    i have $1.4K saved for a new computer and i was wondering if u guys can help me decide here:

    Option A: i use de $1.4K to buy an Asus Zephyrus 15 with 16GB Ram and GTX Nvidia 2060 and pay $700+ for the repair of the macbook (its 2016 it has more than 4 years now) knowing that'll prefer using the macbook always, but for heavy work ill use the windows... (i dont want to loose my macbook pro with another problem in 1-2 years because knowing me I'll end up buying another one)

    Option B: I use the $1.4K + $700 (of the repair) and invest on the new Macbook Pro 16"

    Ps, ive used Lumion on my 2016 MBP and its slow but it gets the job done, ive done my research and the MBP 16" has a much better GPU. Not the greatest, but the reccomended specs for Lumion.

    Ps2: I've always used mac, i had a MBP and spilled juice, got tired, switched to windows and ended up going back to mac...

    I really want to make an intelligent decision here

    Thank You guys!!

    submitted by /u/ialberto22
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 87W Charger Replacements

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:36 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Picking up a used Macbook Pro 2017 15" tomorrow, unfortunately no charger, are these chargers off ebay etc for like £20 any good? Dont really fancy paying the £90 odd for a genuine one as that puts the price of the laptop up majorly.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Whyte130
    [link] [comments]

    1 Mbp 16" i9 8-core 2,3GHz, 16GB ram, 1TB for EUR 2400. 15 charging cycles on the device. Box and invoice included. Is this a good deal?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    See title. I've never owned a mbp so I cannot assess whether these are good deals or not.

    If I would want to buy this totally new in my country, it would cost EUR 2980.

    For my use case at the moment I won't use the maxed out specs at all. Frankly, I wouldn't even use the i7 to the max. But it seems like a good deal. For reference, the cheapest base model of the 16" bought new is EUR 2418. So even the offered second hand i9 is cheaper than the new i7 from the store

    submitted by /u/AaddeMos
    [link] [comments]

    Content Creation - MacBook Pro Touchbar 2016 or 2016 MacBook Retina 12"?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Okay. I need help with a decision. My girlfriend needs a new MacBook for Work (she is Graphic Designer / Content Producer) and needs it for creating Facebook-Content with Adobe CC, Video Editing and Motion Graphic. Due to our budget, we can look up to a 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (i5, 8Gb Ram, Iris 550). Is it worth it to pay double Price on a Pro than on a 12" 2015/ 2016? We don't consider early MacBook Airs due to their lack of a Retina Display.

    submitted by /u/drendarko
    [link] [comments]

    2012MBP Charging issue help please!

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    Hey guys I've got a 2012 MacbookPro 13" It used to barely hold charge with the power cord connected. I used it till it hit 0% and now with the charger plugged it it does nothing. There is no light on the charger but every time I disconnect the charger the battery level indicator on the side of the laptop flashes. Is this an issue with the laptop or charger?

    submitted by /u/FastYiata
    [link] [comments]

    Battery temperature

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:10 AM PDT

    Hello can you please tell me what's your battery temperature with your MacBook Pro 2020 Or 2019 in conocut battery I have 39 degree in a brand new computer is that hot ?

    submitted by /u/fatalgamers
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel