• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    iPhone Are Iphones able to charge in DFU mode?

    iPhone Are Iphones able to charge in DFU mode?


    Are Iphones able to charge in DFU mode?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    My phone is stuck on a bootloop and i wanna try charging it in DFU mode. Since the screen is black there is no way of being able to tell whether or not it's charging. Can you charge an IPhone in DFU mode?

    submitted by /u/Unbakedimp
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 11 PRo Max just deleted an entire message thread with no warning or prompt

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:48 PM PDT

    I did not have the number saved.

    The person was a buyer from Colorado.

    I sent her a text about a deal.

    With no response, A day later, I'm checking my notifications from the pull down center. And it shows that I have a text from the buyer!! I'm surprised as I was not notified in any way. I hit the notification and the text DISAPPEARS.

    The entire thread.

    I reset. I restarted. I refreshed. I logged in and out of iCloud. The entire thread. GONE.

    Any idea? What's wrong? How can I fix this? Any help would be great. I didn't save the number. And it was a few thousand dollar transaction. Wow.

    11ProMax 13.2

    submitted by /u/business_owner_thot
    [link] [comments]

    Stolen iPhone... lost mode pending

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:22 PM PDT

    Will lost mode remain pending even when iPhone has been erased by thief? Hasn't been back online in a very long time and has been stuck at lost mode pending for a very long time)

    And can they even restore it if it had a passcode and find my iPhone enabled? Mind you, iPhone 7 (2016-2017) rarely updated..

    submitted by /u/pumadudet11
    [link] [comments]

    i have 70GB of stuff on my “other” in storage, what is it and how do i delete it?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Unable to open non-Apple apps all of a sudden

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    I got some error trying to watch Netflix on my iPhone that I bought a few weeks ago and so I tried turning on and off my phone (iPhone 11). Now the only apps I can open are the preinstalled apps on the phone. All the other apps crash before even opening now. I've tried turning it on and off multiple times and have tried resetting my settings. No luck. My phone was bought in Singapore but I live in Japan.

    submitted by /u/lehtia
    [link] [comments]

    how do i clear up “other” on my storage?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:06 PM PDT

    6S Battery Swap. I cannot pry glass from case with suction cup. Barely moves at all.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    1st time replacing battery in 6S. I can NOT pry glass from case - there's barely a gap at all (less than a mm I'd say), not nearly large enough for any tool to wedge in. Phone is nearly 5 years old -- does adhesive get harder with age? It feels like there's more than the two pentalobe screws to remove... Thanks.

    submitted by /u/HunkaHunka
    [link] [comments]

    SCAM? iPhone 11 bought from someone in USA, not working in Europe. Blocked on T-Mobile

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Hello! I hope this is the right section to post on it. I'm from Europe and I need some help because I don't know the procedures in USA regarding my problem. My story sounds like this: since everybody knows, electronics/devices in USA are cheaper and(as far as I know) better quality, I bought 2 iPhone 11 from west coast of US via a friend of mine in december 2019. I gave the money to this friend, he delivered me the 2 phones and after this he told me that I need to wait a few months in order to activate them because he didnt't paid them full or something like this. Ok, I knew that something is wrong from the begining, but that was not my first priority. Today there are about 7 months since i have the phones, he told me that he hardly paid them full a few days ago but they are still locked on T-Mobile, so i cannot use them, and he also told me that I need to send the 2 phones back in the US for 2-3 days in order to be activated. Now I am asking you guys because you know better, especially the ones living in the US, is it mandatory to send the phones back just to be activated? How am I supposed to find out what is really happening there? What kind of offers were 7-8 months ago? Thank you so much in advance!

    submitted by /u/Lancer159
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone back camera and flashlight not working, random buzzing sound playing?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:21 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 13.5.1, which I purchased early 2018 in the US. A couple days ago I noticed that my phone flashlight wasn't working when I tried to use it from the control center (though the button responds). I didn't really think much of it and figured it would go away after I restarted the phone. It didn't, and around this time I noticed that the back camera wasn't working either, opening to a black screen (the front camera was fine). I tried restarting the phone and/or closing the camera multiple times, as well as using a 3rd part camera app, but nothing worked. I sort of gave up and continued using the phone as normal. Then, tonight while I was scrolling through reddit I heard a staticky buzzing sound. It caught me off guard but I assumed it had been from a post I had quickly swiped through, which it couldn't have been given that it was an image. I kept scrolling for a while after, during which the sound returned twice- one after unlocking the phone to reddit, another after scrolling into a video post, on which the audio worked fine. My phone has also been slower than usual lately despite having more than a third of storage open, but I'm not reading into that too much due to apple's love of planned obsolescence.

    I'm pretty worried about this. I read that the camera issue can be caused by a drop. The last time I significantly dropped my iPhone was over a week before these issues started- it fell 4 feet onto a metal handle with foam covering, screen side down, but was surprisingly OK on the outside due to a screen protector and case. Could this have caused the issue, even a week later?

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/EggHiraeth
    [link] [comments]

    Infinity boot reset iPhone XS Max

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    My dads phone has been resetting and resetting for the past hour and won't make its way to the lock screen not sure if this is because he brought it in the pool or a malware problem any help?

    submitted by /u/ZxPugsAlotxZ
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get my phone storage back to normal?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    My iPhone has 16GB and the bulk of it is being taken up by System and Other. I've deleted a lot of the data I know how to get rid of but it's still freaking out and it was never like this before.

    submitted by /u/Lane_Farias
    [link] [comments]

    Old iPhone receives texts/calls and new iPhone not receiving them

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    I just set up my new iPhone 11 today. I went through the normal process by going through the steps on the new phone and then restored it from my backup on my computer. My new phone has everything (apps, photos, old texts, contacts). The only issue is that my old phone(8) receives texts/calls, not my new phone. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Alert-Tennis213
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone SE 13.3.1 Photos have a circled exclamation mark

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:55 PM PDT

    As the title suggests my photos have a circled exclamation mark, Anyone know how to fix this? (I also cant use the photos for sending them to friends)

    submitted by /u/Capn_Server
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Iphone 8 stuck on bootloop and nothing is working. ://

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 04:55 PM PDT

    Hello, title pretty much explains it. I went to sleep last night without putting phone on charger with 60% battery and woke up to it being dead. When i tried to turn it on it kept doing the endless bootloop where it shows the apple logo as if it were to turn on but doesn't. i've tried both updating and restoring it on recovery mode to no avail. I don't know what else to do. has anybody else experienced this? If so how did you get yours to work? Right now i think i've gotten it into DFU mode (not 100% sure) and i am trying to charge it while in DFU. side note: Do Iphones even charge while in DFU mode? Any and all tips suggestions are welcome. Help! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Unbakedimp
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 13 is not supporting Spotify ??

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Hey fellow humans, so I use Spotify as my daily music driver on my new iPhone and it worked after I gave Siri access to my Spotify from the setting applications as it should work and has worked in the past. But today when I've used Siri to play music it responded with "Spotify doesn't support music" What do I do, please help!

    submitted by /u/kiing_tiger
    [link] [comments]

    Tiny white spots on screen

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone XR (got it just this Christmas so it's not very old) I am on iOS 13.5.1. Just yesterday (June 18th) 3 really tiny white spots appeared on the right side of my phone. They aren't super noticeable and only appear on light colors like white, but can still be annoying. I've tried putting slight pressure on it, shutting off my phone and turning it back on, and just powering it off and giving it a rest. Yea I haven't tried too much I guess. I've only dropped my phone once but it was months ago so I don't that that's why, and my phone has never been in water so that should be good. The only reason I could think why is because I do sleep with my phone under my pillow so maybe my head put too much pressure on my phone???

    submitted by /u/kermit-senpai
    [link] [comments]

    Help! 86 year old Dad didn’t have a password on phone, OS updated and is now asking for one. Phone isn’t backed up. How screwed are we? :( Need to retrieve photos.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    So like the post says. I think it's an iPhone 6 or 7, phone never had a password. (My brother-in-law set it up for my dad without a password. I've used it many times and know that there isn't one on there.)

    And yet here we are: the iOS updated either automatically or because he hit some thing, and after seeing "hello" In multiple languages, it asks for the six digit security code that was 100% certainly not set up.

    I have seen online this can happen after an OS updates but I don't know the next step. Entering the default code of "123456" or "000000" does not work.

    Are there reliable third-party tools out there that will allow me to plug this phone in, mount it as a hard drive and take his pictures off When the phone is in such a pre-security code state?

    Alternately, have you heard of this bug and is there a way around it to resume function as normal?

    Please...any help you can offer would be amazing. My poor dad is so worried about his pictures of his grandkids. :(

    submitted by /u/Feed_Me_No_Lies
    [link] [comments]

    need help

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    i've been using the app "Online Music" by ifunplay for all my music, i've got hundreds of songs stored on there, and it's all backed up. recently, i think the app got pulled from the app store because every time i go into the app, it crashes, and i can't find it in the app store either. i'd really love to be able to get all my music back, is there some way i can look at all the songs from icloud? my storage says i've got a backup with all of its data, but i don't know how to access it. any and all help is incredibly appreciated !!

    submitted by /u/stanky_cheeks
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone XS Question

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Hello so I had my iphone XS for a few months and it recently fell on its screen about a month ago and would not turn on. I tried everything to make it turn on but it wouldn't. I finally got the money to get it fixed. The guy at my local shop told me it would be 150$ and according to him and his tests with my iphone XS he claims that the motherboard has been damaged in my phone and it will take 3 days to fix. My concern is that is it possible to get all the photos from my iphone XS? I have important screenshots of my social security pins, debit cards and all of that. My concern is that is it possible that these iphone repair shops can somehow unlock my phone and take my important data? Thank you sorry if it sounds dumb.

    submitted by /u/M2_Guardian0928
    [link] [comments]

    iphone xs max calling people

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    I have the iphone xs max, and it's starting to call people? i don't have voice control activated or anything. it called my grandma yesterday at 4 am and when she came in my room i was fast asleep and she said my phone screen was going crazy and was saying weird things on the screen like updating and loading but it doesn't make any sense bc it's up to date. pls help !!

    submitted by /u/allydlc
    [link] [comments]

    Help syncing music

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    I am trying to add a new device to my apple music account, but even though I logged into the music part using the apple id with the music membership, it hasn't logged me into apple music. I can't sync using a laptop, because I don't have a laptop with the music account.

    submitted by /u/Theelephantguy3
    [link] [comments]

    Should I use Asurion to replace my iphone 8 because of battery issues? Or just pay for a new battery replacement?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    I've been wanting to get my battery replaced on my iPhone lately since it has definitely been pretty sluggish lately (2.5 yr old phone). I found a place in town that would do it for $49, but then I found out that I can get a free replacement through my phone's insurance plan. But because I don't live anywhere that has a place that could service it within a certain mileage, they are just going to send me a phone as a replacement.

    The question is: how likely is the phone they send me just going to be some phone they have gotten in due to someone else being careless with their phone? Everything about my phone is in great shape except for the battery. I don't want to basically get the same phone with the same battery issues, or one that ends up having worse issues.

    submitted by /u/ItsLikeRay-ee-ain
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage text turned black

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    Seemingly out of nowhere today my iMessage texts have a black font instead of white. In fact, it's white for a split second after I send it before it changes to black . Still has a blue bubble which means my texts are hard to read. How can I change it back to white? Also, my phone is on light mode, and I don't have any kind of invert turned on. Please help!

    submitted by /u/_Safety_First_
    [link] [comments]

    1/3 of my total storage taken up by System and Other?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Hello! I have an iPhone 8+ running iOS 13.3, it'll be two years old next month. I'm planning on upgrading to the 11 soon, but for now, my phone works just fine. However, my storage is almost full, and when I was looking at things to delete in settings, I noticed that the "System" category took up 5.41GB of space (which was expected). I then noticed that the "Other" category took up 15.96GB, which seems way higher than normal. I've tried to look into ways to free up some of that storage for my own use, but haven't found much. Does anyone know if it's possible to minimize the size of that category, and if so, the best way to do it? I currently have .4GB free out of 64GB, so any amount of additional free space will be great! Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/gateface970
    [link] [comments]

    My speaker doesn’t work anymore !!

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    I was listening to music, casually, volume all the way up, then suddenly the volume drops down and sounds kinda muffled, when I got to the phone, I noticed that the bottom speaker doesn't work anymore, the sound only comes out of the earpiece, I have an iPhone 8.

    Here are the things I tried: blowing air into the speaker, shaking it a little bit (It may be dumb but you never know), apple's recommendations, water eject although it hadn't been anywhere near water (that reminds me I had resorted to this around 2 months ago, some water had gotten into one of the speakers, or maybe both, but I eventually got it out (which again reminds me, I think around that same time I experienced something similar, only then I was on Instagram, got the phone to my ear to listen to an audio, and it was stuck on outputting from the earpiece, it worked fine after a simple reboot) I don't know if any of this is relevant), making a call on speaker works but only through the top speaker, plugging and unplugging headphones, on and off Bluetooth, rebooting, reset settings, and only then did I remember hard reboot was an option, and since it still didn't work, I tried it too. Finally I tried cleaning up the lightning port and the speaker grill with a sharpened q-tip, although there wasn't much to clean.

    I think the next step is to factory reset, but I'd like to see if there's anything else I can do.

    I saw a video somewhere where they had a similar issue and fixed it by deleting an app that "controls the speakers", I haven't installed any new app, is there a way to see which apps do that?, but I guess if that was the case resetting settings should've solved it?

    Could you help me figure out what could've happened? I didn't really drop it that day (yesterday, this happened ~18h ago), didn't get no shock or any particular damage. It just happened out of nowhere. Could it be that something disconnected? How? Why? Or maybe the speaker is just dead and needs to be replaced ?

    EDIT: The only new thing is that it's updated to iOS 13.5.1 the night before.

    submitted by /u/memanos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel