• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 20, 2020

    Apple Macbook 12 inch MacBook, battery health is doing great. thinking about having it connected to a monitor for long periods of time. should I be concerned? I have to keep it connected to power in order for me to do this.

    Apple Macbook 12 inch MacBook, battery health is doing great. thinking about having it connected to a monitor for long periods of time. should I be concerned? I have to keep it connected to power in order for me to do this.


    12 inch MacBook, battery health is doing great. thinking about having it connected to a monitor for long periods of time. should I be concerned? I have to keep it connected to power in order for me to do this.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:22 PM PDT

    when i try to boot from usb drive that has OS on it, the spinning process circle won't stop

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro vs Air 2020

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I'm trying to decide between a 2020 MBA vs MBP. Both would be base model, except I'm upgrading the storage to 1TB. I'd be using it primarily for university, and I also do some light music editing in Garageband, video editing in iMovie, and I play the Sims. I'd like to get a model that will last me for a while (hence the 1TB of storage). Any advice?

    submitted by /u/venicedang
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have the base model 13-inch MacBook Pro? How is it? Are the base specs good enough?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    New MacBook Pro 2020 really hot?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    I just bought the new MacBook Pro 13 inch base model today and it seems to get hot very quickly. It gets hotter than my old 2015 MacBook Pro when running the same tasks. Is this normal for the new model?

    submitted by /u/notyrsbye
    [link] [comments]

    Financing for Macbook Pro

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:52 PM PDT

    Hello! I was interested in getting the Macbook Pro through the college student deal they currently have. I really liked the idea of 12 month financing so I applied for an Apple card. My limit on the card is only $1,000, but the total I'd be financing is $1,600 so they said I wouldn't be able to go for that option. Is it possible to split the amount I'd be paying with my Apple card and another credit card I own?

    submitted by /u/rad-bubbles
    [link] [comments]

    Does the about alway match the actual specs? About info does not contain all the specs listed on the third party serial number lookup.

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:16 PM PDT

    I have seen a macbook pro listed for sale. In the about screen shot there is no mention of quad core and no mention of the NVIDIA card that is listed in the spec from the serial number lookup. The serial number in the screen shot matches the case. The i7 part is correct and the 2.3 GHz matches.

    Is it likely to have the quad core and nVidia card, even if not shown in the about?

    Could be the logic board was swapped out and the serial number changed to match the case?

    Could there be an error in the third party serial number lookup?

    submitted by /u/BillyBag2
    [link] [comments]

    Pro 20 vs Air 20

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    Which one should I get for school

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/FENDI420_
    [link] [comments]

    Screen protector for MacBook Pro

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    So I recently got a MacBook Pro and I purchased a case and screen protector. I came across some comments that say it's not good for the screen because it creates some pressure that affects that screen. I did some research and I found mixed reviews about it. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/kathiab96
    [link] [comments]

    how much should i sell my used macbook pro 2010

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:55 PM PDT

    hi, i have an old mac pro 2010 with OS X El Capitan, which runs quite slow now. The battery needs replacing too.

    i have no plans in replacing any parts of it since im planning to buy an MBA 2020 soon, so how much do you think we should sell it for?

    submitted by /u/heyertss
    [link] [comments]

    macbook air screen scratches

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    hello! i have a new macbook purchased less than six months ago and i think i have some scratches on the screen. i have an LCD screen cleaner i use but i have pets, so there's pet hair etc. i'm wondering is screen covers exist and if they're worth it!

    submitted by /u/a_rae_ofsunshine
    [link] [comments]

    MBP mid 12 + Mavericks + Bluetooth 4.0 / BLE / Smart

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:04 PM PDT

    Ive recently bought a keyboard (logitech k375s), it has a usb dongle and bluetooth 4.0, also known as Bluetooth Low Energy, Bluetooth LE, BLE and Bluetooth Smart. It arriverd home and first i do is install it, but i have osx 10.9.5 Mavericks and it seems to work only since 10.10 (Yosemite). My MBP has the bluetooth 4.0, but mavericks cant manage it.

    I found two github projects but im not programmer, im soundman and i dont know how to install it, is there anybody outhere to give me a hand with the github or tell me how to activate bluetooth 4.0 in mavericks in an easy way? Thanks!!

    https://github.com/sandeepmistry/osx-ble-peripheral

    https://github.com/mttrb/BeaconOSX

    Juan.

    submitted by /u/MrVWooten
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth getting a 2017 Macbook Air?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    Hi guys! Traditionally i'm a HP laptop kind of guy, however as of late i've been heavily interested in getting a macbook air as i had one back in highschool and absolutely loved it.

    My only issue is that all models after 2018 got rid of USB type A ports, which is a dealbreaker for me. I'd like to get a 2017 model which still has them, however those models also have the butterfly keyboard issue. What are your guys' opinions on this? Should i just get a 2020 model and suck it up or get a model i won't need dongles for?

    EDIT: person is asking $500. Might ask them to do $450.

    submitted by /u/SurroundingKatana
    [link] [comments]

    Can the new 2020 Macbook Pro 13in (10th gen i5) run 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    I've seen the Apple help docs that show a limit of 60hz but I've also seen a ton of posts showing that they are running their 2015/2018 macbooks at high refresh rates on their external monitors.

    I know the 13in has integrated graphics so I was wondering if would be capable of doing 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz with the new CPU update?

    submitted by /u/DoubleElite
    [link] [comments]

    Where/how to buy Macbook Batteries

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    I wish to purchase a battery for a A1286 (Mid 2012) Macbook. Do Apple themselves produce such batteries or are there only 3rd party manufacturers producing them? I've looked on ebay and there are numerous sellers selling "Genuine Apple" batteries but in the product reviews I can see that some people are having issues after a few months. What does genuine mean in this regard? What should I look for in order to buy a good quality battery? If buying from the UK, what stores should I buy from?

    I've started having issues recently with both my trackpad and then the QWER row on my keyboard and after a few hours of googling I believe the issues is my battery.

    submitted by /u/Barra79
    [link] [comments]

    2015 13" Macbook Pro for 395$?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Is this a good deal? And how many battery cycles are good? I'm going into college and I need a laptop but the 2020 MacBook pro is a bit expensive. The 2016-2019 keyboards are not my style so i cant really rely on those and the 2015 version has all the USB ports. I wont be really using it much except for school work but I want it to last for a few years. Is this a good choice or should I bite the bullet and try to save for the 2020 version or even the rumoured 14" model?

    submitted by /u/Yo_Ehhh
    [link] [comments]

    Fellow Digital Artists, do you use the MBA or the MBP?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    I'm a digital artist and I use Clip Studio Paint. If you're a digital artist too, what laptop are you using and how well does it work for you?

    submitted by /u/lavendercoffee
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use an old laptop screen with an lcn controller as a second screen on a macbook pro?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 10:16 AM PDT

    I know I can't use an old laptop as a second screen to my mac, as in just have the old laptop turned on and being just a monitor, however, can i get just it's lcd screen, and using a lcd controller plug it to my mac?

    Basically this but connected to a macbook pro. in this case a 2017 one.

    submitted by /u/True-Parfait
    [link] [comments]

    Decided to clean my MBP 2012 15' Retina today, battery is swollen...

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Decided to clean my MBP 2012 15' Retina today, battery is swollen...

    Bought this bad boy in a trip to Miami back in 2012 and been using it as my daily driver computer, in 2017 i opened for the first time for some dust cleaning and it wasn't bad.

    Right after removing the bottom cover today

    Today i opened it again and one thing that caught my attention is while removing the bottom screws cover i noticed it was forcing it up and on the last screw the whole cover popped. Thought it was weird and decided to clean all the dust which had a lot that's when i noticed all the battery cells were swollen.

    The battery got fat

    For me that was really swollen and it freaked me out a bit, if i hadn't opened the macbook only god knows it would catch fire or something, so after cleaning everything on the inside and also replacing the thermal compound on the heatsink i had a look for a replacement battery and it costs around 475 usd (converted from my country's currency) that was a NOPE for me.

    I didn't know if the macbook could run only powered by the charger so i gave a try and disconnect the battery from the motherboard and plug the charger in, it did turn on and worked fine. A few minutes on with a string i ended up with nice weight reduction and a swollen finger now (WTH it has so much glue?)

    It works normally without the battery powered by the charger

    Been running it for almost 3 hours now and it's all normal and way quieter than before (lots of dust).

    Weight reduction means fast computer? Well without the battery it might have better airflow (i guess?)

    So there you go, i use my macbook 99% of the time at home so i'm good without the battery.

    TLDR: Decided to clean my macbook, battery is swollen, removed the battery, finger is swollen now, macbook works powered by the charger, it's clean and i'm good.

    submitted by /u/pacocar8
    [link] [comments]

    Buy a MacBook for College, Get AirPods

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    I have a friend in the market for a MBA and she saw the ad for this deal. Is it only available online or can she go into an Apple Store and get the deal as well? There's a few that have reopened near us that list pickup as not available but it will be available tomorrow. If it is shipped to her, the site says it will take a week and a half. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/SikNik85
    [link] [comments]

    2009 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    Opened this Macbook up for the first time in awhile today to see if it still works because I want to sell it. It still works, but the version of Safari is saying it's not supported anymore. I downloaded Chrome but it's saying my OS can't run this version of Chrome. This Macbook has Mac OS X Version 10.5.8. What should I do to get a working internet browser?

    submitted by /u/Taway665573
    [link] [comments]

    The speakers on my 2015 macbook pro are busted. What should I expect when I go to the Genius bar?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I've never had an issue with my laptop until now so I've never been to the genius bar. About a week ago my mbp speakers started buzzing/sounding muffled (everything sounds fine when I switch to using headphones). From what I've read the only option is to replace them. Do they just take it to the back and replace them in-store or will I have to wait a few days? Also do I need to book a second appointment to get the repair done?

    I don't know much about this so correct me if I'm wrong: because of the way that MacBooks are built, they would have to actually replace a lot of hardware, correct? So would the process of replacing the speakers be equivalent to replacing the battery?

    thank you!

    submitted by /u/butterfly_phobia
    [link] [comments]

    16" macbook pro for Uni

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    Hey everyone!
    I've been in the market for a MacBook pro, for university. I will be switching over and trying to use my MacBook completely and only use my desktop for gaming or so. I also would like to do some light video editing and photo editing (lightroom, photoshop, fcp). Is the 16" too big for university? and also would you recommend spending the extra $400 to upgrade the ram?

    submitted by /u/BubbleTae
    [link] [comments]

    Running MacBook output to an external display at > 60 Hz

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    My MacBook Air can only output 50 or 60 Hz to my 240 Hz external display. I have the Alienware AW2518H.

    Is this a limitation of hardware? In other words, would it be possible to output higher refresh rates if I had, for example, the 16" MacBook? I'm not necessarily interested in running at 240 Hz, but would be cool if I could at least push out 120 Hz.

    submitted by /u/huapua9000
    [link] [comments]

    which is better for programming & as a laptop overall, 2015 macbook pro or 2020 macbook air?

    Posted: 19 Jun 2020 11:36 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel