• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    iPad Digital painting on my iPad Pro.

    iPad Digital painting on my iPad Pro.


    Digital painting on my iPad Pro.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:21 PM PDT

    Why I've Finished My Love Affair With "iPad As My Main Machine"...

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Almost a year ago, I've made a big decision.

    That was to buy an LTE enabled iPad 10.5 (Air 3), a way over-priced smart keyboard and a few more things. Then I decided to use it as my main machine. I'm a marketing consultant, so my life revolves around reading stuff and writing.

    I tried.

    I really tried.

    And for a long time, it was fun.

    But I've realized that while the iPad is a perfectly acceptable machine, I could get a lot more work done on a 13.3 MacBook Pro. Yes, I would carry my iPad with me because of the weight but it would be an imperfect solution. It's more in the category of "doable" but WHY?

    I'll give examples...

    ONE - I can edit video on the iPad. Luma Fusion is amazing for $30 or whatever I paid for it. But it's still faster and easier to edit on the MacBook, both from a functionality perspective and from a speed one. Also, I'm always limited by space. With only 64 GB of storage, video editing was a bit of a hassle, as I could not load too many files.

    TWO - I can type on a smart keyboard. It's okay. I can even get an eight hour of work done. But it's like wearing uncomfortable shoes. You're not going to go bare-footed and you can get used to them. But when you put a pair of shoes your size that aren't making your toes feel compressed, you feel like in heaven. That's how I feel when I write on a MacBook Air 2020. I can type on both of them but it's so much more comfortable typing on the 2020 Air.

    THREE - Battery life. This was big for me. The iPad has brilliant, amazing battery life. But so do the new laptops from Apple. Certainly my old MacBook Pro (battery health is done to 50%) but my new laptop gets 10 hours with ease. And most importantly - I can charge it from a powerbank. I don't know what wizardy is this to charge a MacBook from a 20K mAH powerbank via USBC but it works. At the same time, I don't really have to.

    FOUR - Size. I must give it to the iPad. Even a 13.3 is too big for a economy class seat or in a train. The iPad is a lot smaller. Somehow though, it's still hard to type. I'm a tall guy so while I'm skinny, every time I tried to type in an enclosed space, I ended up hitting my elbows against something.

    So yeah.

    The iPad as a main machine is always good but I feel a full fledged laptop works better. Now it doesn't mean I'm giving up on the iPad. I'm keeping it. Gave the smart keyboard to my girlfriend who needs it a lot more than me. And I love the Apple Pencil. I'm using that daily.

    But an iPad as a full laptop replacement feels like wearing dress shoes. It looks nice. It looks fancy. It impresses people. But it's just more damn comfortable wearing flip flops. And for me, a MacBook Air 2020 or any decent ultra portable is the flip flops.

    I hope this helps if you're ever thinking of using an iPad as a full laptop replacement. Please keep in mind that this is for the 10.5 LTE model with a normal smart connector keyboard. I'm sure that a 12.9 inch pro plus a $300 keyboard is brilliant... but I don't have any experience with that. Mine was more the "budget one".

    submitted by /u/Prestigious_Quarter5
    [link] [comments]

    Replay now integrated in the music app iPadOS 14

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Hairline crack on iPad pro 11(2018)

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    It's not super noticeable, especially with the display on, but... There it is. Never dropped the damn thing in the months I've had it AND I've always had it in an OtterBox defender pro case with the cover/stand on the front during transit... I specifically bought that case so I would highly minimize chances of breakage or wear

    The crack runs diagonally down the screen all the way across almost. I bought it used and don't have apple care, but I'm making this post not to see how I can fix it (I'm NOT paying 50% of what I bought this thing for just to get a new screen) but just wondering if these iPads are easily prone to such things

    Needless to say, I'm really really agitated about all of it. $900 I paid and I've treated it like a baby since it came in

    submitted by /u/Jet_Jirohai
    [link] [comments]

    Unresponsive screen?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    Ipad Pro's out of stock?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:46 PM PDT

    I went to my local apple store last weekend just to check out the ipads, and they brought out one of the ipad pros. At the time I was unsure of making the purchase so I decided not to. Fast forward to today I want to buy one online and pick it up at the store but it says "unavailable for pick up". Is it really true or should I just walk in and buy one in store than online? It's just hard to believe that the ipad pros would be out of stock just like that.

    Edit: I've been refreshing my shopping cart on the apple store every hour. I refreshed it 30 minutes ago and it says that it was in stock and I had the option to pick it up. Very interesting. Just made my purchase, and I'll be picking up my new ipad pro tomorrow! Also rip my bank account :(

    submitted by /u/tha_oz
    [link] [comments]

    What does ARM Mac mean for iPad?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Curious to hear what people think the move to ARM on Mac could mean for the iPad?

    submitted by /u/BMG_2003
    [link] [comments]

    iPad to monitor connection help

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    I have an iPad air 1 and I want to connect it to my monitor to view zoom meetings on a bigger screen. The problem is that the if I buy the adapter and it doesn't work then I can't won't be able to return it since it is non refundable. So if someone with an ipad can confirm that zoom meetings work flawlessly while ipad is connected to the monitor via the lightning to hdmi adapter it would be a great help.

    submitted by /u/DamnBoi12
    [link] [comments]

    Swift playgrounds coding?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    So the Swift playgrounds app has a Swift simulator but what's the point of this if you can't create and test an app?

    Supposed to practice print("hello world") forever?

    submitted by /u/ScandiSom
    [link] [comments]

    Paper app alternative without subscription?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm a recent convert to the world of IOS and I am not used to all these paid and subscription apps. I have no problem paying for quality products but I'd rather pay up front than a yearly subscription.

    I did the Paper demo and I love that app for drawing (I'm a total amateur) and I love that it has a notebook template so I can also use it as a journal. However, it's $12/year where Procreate is less than that at a one time rate. But I don't think it has a notebook feature. So I'm just wondering what you all would recommend.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Nick_Squallison
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to leave my iPad playing a video overnight?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    Just want to make sure it's safe

    submitted by /u/XxDragonitexX10
    [link] [comments]

    Cool new bug in iPadOS 14 developer beta 1. Turn sound on for ambiance.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    Which iPads are compatible with my iPad Air 1 case?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Trying to use split screen crashes iPad Mini 5

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 04:18 AM PDT

    Have tried to use split screen in landscape on my iPad Mini 5 a couple of times. On both occasions it's resulted in the screen constantly flickering and the iPad becoming unusable. A force restart makes the device work again. Would like to hear whether other iPad Mini 5 users running 13.5.1 have encountered the same problem. As my iPad is still under warranty I could return it if the problem with split screen is a manufacturing defect rather than my failing to implement split screen correctly.

    submitted by /u/Montefalconese
    [link] [comments]

    Optimized Battery Charging on iPad

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    Why did everything but the iPad get this feature?

    Even AirPods and Watch got it this year.

    submitted by /u/seanibrahim
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to play movies from an external HDD in fullscreen on a tv?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Howdy! I'd like to watch a few downloaded movies on my tv from my ipad pro. Is there any way to make it fullscreen? I bought the shiftscreen app thinking it would do this but it doesn't. Or maybe I don't know how?

    submitted by /u/Thewtfpanda
    [link] [comments]

    Zugu Muse Case for iPad Pro 11 2018

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    iPad OS 14 Disappointing

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    I was excited about widgets on my iPad finally being available. I was excited about the app drawer. The best changes coming in iOS 14 were excluded from the iPad. Emoji search is missing... There are some good things included, but I am underwhelmed mostly because iOS received the changes that seemed like the iPad was missing. I still have a page with folders filled with apps. That really seems ridiculous to be storing shortcuts to every app on your desktop. Is there a rationale for only having widgets in a scrollable row only accessible on your primary home screen?

    submitted by /u/Mbanicek64
    [link] [comments]

    Advancements in Game Controllers - WWDC 2020

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Shortcut to Server?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I'm looking to create a Shortcut to connect Files to a server including user name and password and not finding anything in search (or Google for that matter either). Any tips?

    submitted by /u/jskywakr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel