• Breaking News

    Monday, June 29, 2020

    Apple Watch Always on display feels more seamless in WatchOS 7 because gestures and taps register without needing to tap the screen first

    Apple Watch Always on display feels more seamless in WatchOS 7 because gestures and taps register without needing to tap the screen first


    Always on display feels more seamless in WatchOS 7 because gestures and taps register without needing to tap the screen first

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Learn guitar with your watch!

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 03:27 PM PDT

    Space inspired set-up. Let me know what you think.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    A list of all the things my Apple Watch has mistaken for ‘hand washing’ since installing the beta.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    • Washing the dishes
    • Drying my hands
    • Slicing bread
    • Slicing a bagel
    • Cutting steak
    • Drying myself with a towel
    • The vigorous stroking of a pet.
    • cleaning the bathroom.

    Hopefully it's a bit more accurate when the final release comes out. I'm turning the feature off for now - my average 'hand washing' time is twelve seconds because of the fact it isn't actually measuring the hand washing time alone ...

    Anyone else had it measure something weird as hand washing?

    submitted by /u/gravity_squirrel
    [link] [comments]

    1840 excercise minutes! Did not think it was possible.

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    Here's Why Spotify Has Been Limited on the Apple Watch (But watchOS 7 Will Change That)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Big month - few 3000 cal rides took the pressure off

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Am i the only one who, when i saw a watch face on this sub think it’s dope. But when i set it on my watch it became boring in half an hour?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Apple Watch for long (10+ hours) workouts (5% of battery per hour)

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Apple Watch for long (10+ hours) workouts (5% of battery per hour)

    Hello everyone,

    I'm using AppleWatch daily from v0 and it completely covers everything that I need from a smart/sport watch. I use it for my running/cycling workouts, but several times per year I have a case when I need to track a long workout. I have been researching the topic of using Apple Watch for long workouts (such as a marathon, ultramarathon, hiking) that lasts for more than 10 hours. After a bunch of experiments, I found the way how to make that possible.

    Last weekend I recorded a workout that lasted 14.5 hours and I had about 30% battery left.

    https://preview.redd.it/qds5o2grip751.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9bc9ada293bf48896fb869c46e495d35520eb67b

    https://preview.redd.it/pnxa0yfrip751.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=3bf18a4f253e44d68d051070b1d217065820d9f7

    Steps to achieve that result:

    1. Use external HRM (I used Polar H10)
    2. Take your phone with you. Your AppleWatch will use GPS from the iPhone during the workout. One important note here (tricky one, use on your own risk, as it could be dangerous if something happens and you couldn't be reached): Disable Cellular on the iPhone. After that is done, your track will be smooth and both devices would live longer. I had made lots of experiments with, for some reason I've got very inaccurate track when I have a phone during the workout with Cellular turned.
    3. Listening to the music from the watch drains the battery pretty fast. Don't do that during the long workout to improve battery life.
    4. Apple Watch setting. The most important are:
    • Turn off "Always on display"
    • Disable "Environmental Sound Measurements"
    • Disable "Wakes on Wrist Raise"
    • Turn on Theatre & Don't Disturb Mode

    With Cellular Turned On

    Without Cellular

    Apple Watch settings for a long workout

    1. General → Background app refresh → Disable
    2. General → Wake Screen → Disable all options ("Wakes on Wrist Raise", "Wake Screen on Crown Up", "Auto Launch Audio apps")
    3. General → Wake Screen → Wake for 15 seconds
    4. Display & Brightness (Minimal Brightness, "Always on" → Disable)
    5. Siri → Keep option "Press Digital Crown"
    6. Privacy → Disable "Environmental Sound Measurements" (!!! Important)
    7. Activity → Notification Off
    8. Activity → Disable "Stand Reminders"
    9. Breathe → Disable notifications
    10. Noise → Disable "Environmental Sound Measurements" (!!! Important)
    11. Workout → Disable "Running Auto Pause", "Start Workout Reminder", "End Workout Reminder", "Detect Gym Equipment"
    12. Workout → Enable "Press to Pause"

    I hope that information will be useful for somebody. Keep closing activity rings! :-D

    submitted by /u/alexkunitsa
    [link] [comments]

    SS Case with Black Milanese Loop?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:39 PM PDT

    Wife bought me a leather band!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Annnd i’m done.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    Got myself the Spigen Rugged Armor band

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    2017 Chinese New Year Woven Nylon

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 09:50 AM PDT

    My watch is making me unmotivated because it won't sync properly

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    The past few days my watch keeps refusing to sync properly, losing all my activity, stand hours and workouts. It will work for a day or two and then stop again.

    If it's not going to work right, I'll just stop using it. I rather just not have it at all if it's not going to display my hard work right.

    submitted by /u/whitnith
    [link] [comments]

    Just In The Nick Of Time

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:54 AM PDT

    Tough challenge this month, going to be a close one.

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:50 PM PDT

    Anyone love to photograph their Apple watch?

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    Apple Watch Series 5 and Anxiety

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of getting an apple watch with all the money I've saved in lockdown. I was just wondering how the apple watch has helped people with anxiety and stress. I get anxiety attacks and heard that the apple watch can monitor anxiety. Can it track when I get anxiety attacks and store my data so I can see how I'm doing?

    submitted by /u/The_Jager_Meister
    [link] [comments]

    Owners of multiple generations of Apple Watches, have you noticed a change in how your calories are counted?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    I'm still rocking my S0, but with each day that passes, I think about finally upgrading to an S5. I'm curious if those of you who have owned earlier versions but now use newer ones have noticed any change in how your calories are counted. For example, are you achieving higher or lower calorie counts on average? Or about the same?

    submitted by /u/A_TalkingWalnut
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch gen 1 face has popped off!

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    It seems like the glue holding the face on has lost its adhesive properties. My question is can it be fixed? I know it's old and doesn't get support anymore, but it does everything I need it to do so I don't see the need to upgrade.

    submitted by /u/chainsaw0068
    [link] [comments]

    ��️

    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    How do I remove the small time in upper right corner of all Apple Watch apps?

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel