• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 27, 2020

    Apple TV LG OLED recent firmware upgrade problem

    Apple TV LG OLED recent firmware upgrade problem


    LG OLED recent firmware upgrade problem

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    After upgrading my LG OLED to the latest firmware I'm not able to turn on the tv via the Apple TV remote. It worked great until I upgraded the firmware.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Any workarounds? I tried restarting the Apple TV but no luck.

    submitted by /u/srohde
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV 4K - Main Unit IR to Audio Receiver in Cabinet? Is this Supported?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:01 PM PDT

    Based on some google'ing, I was operating under the assumption that if I custom added a remote to the AppleTV, that both the remote and AppleTV base unit would broadcast it.

    For my outdoor patio TV, I'm running an HDMI audio extractor to TOSLINK and then feeding that TOSLINK into a simple receiver that goes RCA to a stereo amp and then to my Atrium 8 SDI speakers. It works fine, the issue is, the volume control is on that simple receiver. It has volume controls, and the Apple remote can adjust the volume and it works perfectly. However, I was under the assumption from some articles that the AppleTV unit also blasted the IR out of its main body. That does not appear to be working. All of the stuff is tucked away in a cabinet and I want to avoid an IR blaster. Furthermore, I was hopeful when using the iPhones remote over Wi-Fi that the native iPhone volume buttons would work with the AppleTV to control the simple receivers volume control, but alas they do nothing as well.

    Thanks for the help, IR blaster may be my only choice if this doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/-DB-Cooper
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally updated Apple TV to 13.4.6. and AirDropping a song from Spotify periodically skips. Does this happen to anyone else?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    it didn't happen before the update as I was several updates behind.

    submitted by /u/Left4Head
    [link] [comments]

    [Opinion] Macs moving to ARM processors could make Apple TVs a legitimate gaming system

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    After finally watching the keynote yesterday a thought just hit me. If the Mac can natively play games from iOS and iPadOS because they are using the same architecture, then the same could be said for the Apple TV.

    In the keynote we are told the Mac with the A12Z chip, the same one that is in the iPad Pro now, would be able to run Final Cut Pro and other pro apps and we even see a demo of Tomb Raider playing in 1080p. The current Apple TV has an A10X chip which was the same chip that was in the previous models of iPad Pro, so in theory the next iteration of the Apple TV should be using at least the same A12Z chip or the next gen chip depending on where things are in development.

    I know the Mac gaming market isn't huge but there are still some major titles that get official Mac releases and if that trend continues I think we could see those releases make their way to a new Apple TV as well. This could bring back a feature that got me to buy an Xbox One when they launched, and something I've already seen some post about here. Gaming while video is playing in PiP.

    Curious to see if anyone else thinks this could be a possibility, or if gaming on an Apple TV will always be relegated to a niche market that is more closely tied to mobile gaming.

    submitted by /u/card0124
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K Sound Keeps Going Soft/Quiet

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Hi writing on mobile so apologies for any formatting issues. I have the 4k (Model A1842) up to date with tvOS 13.4.6 (17L570). Recently, I've noticed some problems when watching content on multiple different apps. I will be watching something then all of a sudden, the sound will get real soft. Then a few second later it will be normal again. There has been no change to be soundbar setup or soundbar firmware either. And it doesn't do that for multiple other inputs (Xbox, PS4, Switch). There are also no changes to the soundbar display like it is processing a different audio output type.

    Current audio settings: Output: Apple TV HDMI Format: Auto, Atmos Available Reduce Loud Sounds: Off

    I have also turned off Siri and dictation. That doesn't help either.

    I'm at a total loss at what to do and any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated because media is becoming unwatchable with the frequency this is happening.

    submitted by /u/ngkf72424
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K Sound Keeps Going Soft/Quiet

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Hi writing on mobile so apologies for any formatting issues. I have the 4k (Model A1842) up to date with tvOS 13.4.6 (17L570). Recently, I've noticed some problems when watching content on multiple different apps. I will be watching something then all of a sudden, the sound will get real soft. Then a few second later it will be normal again. There has been no change to be soundbar setup or soundbar firmware either. And it doesn't do that for multiple other inputs (Xbox, PS4, Switch). There are also no changes to the soundbar display like it is processing a different audio output type.

    Current audio settings: Output: Apple TV HDMI Format: Auto, Atmos Available Reduce Loud Sounds: Off

    I have also turned off Siri and dictation. That doesn't help either.

    I'm at a total loss at what to do and any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated because media is becoming unwatchable with the frequency this is happening.

    submitted by /u/ngkf72424
    [link] [comments]

    Sound bar and volume help?!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I have a new tv in my living room. It's a unicorn Toshiba 4K tv that is built in with Amazon fire in it. The settings controls and menus are obviously a hassle and not like normal TVs as it looks much like a firestick and the UI is so not user friendly.

    Naturally, I hooked up my ATV 4K and the picture is sharp just as I expected once I move to the ATV's input and away from the god awful UI of amazon.

    But now the sound bar that I previously had working with my ATV and ATV remote are not working with this TV for some reason. Whenever I press the volume buttons on my ATV remote, there's a message on the TV that says it's not supported with the current audio output device.

    Is there something I can do to fix it and have my remote work on my sound bar like before?

    submitted by /u/crunchytahdig
    [link] [comments]

    Disney+: Stuck on Log in Screen

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    My Disney+ App on the Gen 4 Apple TV is stuck. When I try to log in, it says "Please try again later." Initially it was stuck on the loading screen. And now it is stuck on the log in screen when I try to log in.

    I've tried the following:

    • Reinstall the app
    • Update Apple TV
    • Reset Apple TV
    • Reset Router
    • Reset Cable Modem
    • Change the DNS settings
    • Factory Reset the Apple TV

    But to no avail. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/revocer
    [link] [comments]

    The Dark Knight in 4K

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 09:49 PM PDT

    I was trying to watch The Dark Knight in 4K on Roku and I noticed that it was 1080p. When I look in the menu, the 4K sticker is not there but the Dolby vision sticker is. I check on my phone and it says it's in 4K. What gives?

    submitted by /u/vonpylon3
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music not playing from app

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    I just got my Apple TV and set everything up including my Apple Music account. Everything runs fine but when I try to select and play music from Apple TV it doesn't respond and won't play the song I just clicked on. I can play music from the iPhone app and AirPlay it from there, but if I wanted to select a song from Apple TV, nothing happens. I only wonder if this is supposed to happen or is there something I'm doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/gcmacc
    [link] [comments]

    FTP on Apple TV.

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Hi all. I'm looking for an app that will let me play videos/audio files from an FTP server on Apple TV. Also, What I'd like the app to do is Play the Files in shuffle mode. Thank you very much in advance. Take care and stay safe.

    submitted by /u/ryok141
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to use a keyboard with youtube?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    I got a keyboard for my Apple TV just so I can use it with YouTube but for some reason as soon as I open YT the keyboard becomes unresponsive? Is that an issue with the app or perhaps my keyboard? I got the Logitech k830 Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SkyfireRain
    [link] [comments]

    TvOS 14 beta missing airplay output?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    UPDATED AT BOTTOM! Just put the beta on my 4th gen today, I've been using stereo HomePods for my audio for a bit now and this update is missing the audio output selection tab. Anyone else seeing that?

    Update: apple has moved this feature. It's no longer in the settings. You have to hold the home button down on your remote (as if to change users) and then at the bottom there is an area for airplay output selection. Hope this helps someone.

    submitted by /u/cwoodward
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have any luck with 4K youtube on tvOS14?

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Pretty much the title, I tried about a dozen 4K videos and only got 1080p. I looked up HDR and non-HDR vids.

    submitted by /u/NSErrorWtf
    [link] [comments]

    TVOS 14 Public Beta and Infuse

    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Trying out TVOS 14 Public Beta and it broke my Infuse. Can anyone verify this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/sharmanshariff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel