• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Apple Macbook Saving for a New MacBook Pro - Any thoughts on if we'll get that 14" one this year?

    Apple Macbook Saving for a New MacBook Pro - Any thoughts on if we'll get that 14" one this year?


    Saving for a New MacBook Pro - Any thoughts on if we'll get that 14" one this year?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    fully loaded 13' MBP vs base 16' MBP

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Hi all. I purchased the 1800$ 13' MBP but configured it to have the i7 CPU and 32GB RAM. Now I see that for about the same price I can get the 16' MBP that has the 6-core i7 and a dedicated GPU but only 16GB RAM. So I'm thinking about cancelling my order and getting the bigger model instead.

    I'm going to use it for simulations that I run in MATLAB and Python. I usually have a lot of browser tabs and PDFs open. I also use Adobe Lightroom but not very frequently.

    Now I think that the faster CPU would be nice to have for the simulations and maybe I can install windows to play a game once in a while with the dedicated GPU. On the other hand, my old laptop is 13' and I really like how portable it is, plus 32GB RAM make it more future-proof. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/703-482-0623
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a new Macbook and having troubles adjusting to it.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I just got a new Macbook Pro after maaaany years of being a Windows user. Simply put, I've never had an Apple laptop before. I'm still trying to adjust to it so I have a few questions:

    - How do you scroll through photos? Every time I look through my pictures, I have to individually select them. Also, how can I delete while being on the "preview" mode? Basically, I want to organize my camera roll.

    - Macbook does this thing where I delete a shortcut, picture or whatever it leaves an empty space, and the visual bugs me so much (sorry, I'm really picky over these things). What do I have to modify so it would automatically align?

    I know these are such ridiculous questions but if you have tips for organizing/setting up Macs, please leave them below as it would work wonders for me :)

    submitted by /u/waytogojoy
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook with Windows

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    Anyone use a Macbook with Bootcamp or some virtual machine? I have a few questions about it

    submitted by /u/Drewtachi
    [link] [comments]

    Good deals on Macbooks at Costco right now

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:06 PM PDT

    Not sure if this kind of post is allowed here but I've been researching the MBA's for about a month, and wound up buying from Costco.

    Esp since they have the i5 256GB config in stock unlike Best Buy and it was $150 less than through Apple.

    I got the Citi Costco credit card because it adds a couple of years' warranty protection, and the Squaredeals insurance versus AppleCare because it's cheaper and has no deductibles. The 90 day return policy doesn't suck either.

    All told after subtracting for the $60 membership I'm ahead by a year of warranty and about $260

    Given that this is Reddit I expect I will now be educated on the horrors of Citi warranty service and Squaretrade, but for the time being I'm happy.

    submitted by /u/AndrewSonOfBill
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt 3 docker loses connection (USB adapter) but power is still on

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    So I bought recently TB3-USB (multiple) adapter and after some time it just loses connection, the lighting on the devices work still which indicates the power is going but I cannot use the devices (mouse, keyboard).

    I have "Enable power nap" unchecked and put hard disks to sleep when possible unchecked as well.

    When I reboot computer the adapter works again.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/el1teman
    [link] [comments]

    Is someone has a MacBook Air 11.6 and a Trackpad 2, could you take a picture of the trackpad 2 to the right of the Air keyboard. I am unable to go to a store for size comparison and was not able to find a photo online.

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    Charged for airpods?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Hey all, I noticed when I ordered on the apple website for the macbook + airpod deal, i was charged for the airpods even though it shows me "Saving $219" which is the price of a first gen airpod in Canada. It said it's been shipped already. Is this normal? Do they subtract the amount from my macbook then?

    submitted by /u/ffbrittney
    [link] [comments]

    Need help choosing the right mac!

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    I'll start by giving some background information, then I'll go on to list the two configurations below.

    I'm a student going off to university for a degree in mathematics. I'm required to take computer science courses as a part of my program, which is one of the main reasons I'm interested in upgrading from my current setup (3rd gen iPad Air 64gb with Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, and pencil). I'm looking for a reliable device that'll last me at least the 5 years of my program, and am decided on a macbook because I'm fairly deep into the apple ecosystem. I'll be keeping the iPad and pencil to write out work for some courses.

    My main uses for the mac would be media consumption/web browsing, introductory level coding, Microsoft office apps and note taking, sideloading apps to my phone/iPad, and potentially some light gaming like Minecraft.

    In terms of price, I can't afford to go overboard. Opting into a mac was already a hard choice to make due to the steep price, so I can't afford to fully spec out an Air or Pro, or even consider the 16 inch pro. Below are the two configurations I'm stuck between, I'd appreciate any opinions on which would serve me better.

    1) 10th-gen quad core i5 2020 MacBook Air with 16gb of LPDDR4 RAM and 256gb of storage

    2) 8th-gen quad core i5 2020 MacBook Pro with 8gb of LPDDR3 RAM and 256gb of storage

    I'm aware the Air has very poor cooling, and honestly that's the main thing holding me back from purchasing that option immediately.

    submitted by /u/KingToothpaste
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air i5/8gb/256 or base MacBook Air

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 07:28 PM PDT

    I'm a business student and I'm looking for a new laptop but I'm stuck between the i5 air and base pro .Iam going to be using it for the basic school work with a couple of tabs open plus Apple Music .Id also watch YouTube or Netflix on it at times .Also I might try some light photo or video editing for fun once in a blue moon. I've read about both and heard things about the air overheating.Does this affect how it functions or just some heat on the chassis l Also I want to future proof it so which would be better And is the 10th gen in the air better than the 8th gen in the pro ?

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/User1747264727
    [link] [comments]

    Will I be able to edit in Lightroom + Photoshop,open at the same time,without lags on macbook pro 2019 with intel i5 and Iris plus Graphics 645?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Can you charge a MacBook Pro with an iPhone charger?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    I forgot my power cord, can I use my iPhone charger in its place?

    submitted by /u/phoenixfire111
    [link] [comments]

    New Macbook Pro Lagging

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:19 PM PDT

    Hey all, I just bought a new 2020 13" Macbook Pro (i7 configuration) a couple weeks ago. However, I've been noticing that there seems to be some lag when browsing web pages, and when I resize a window it's very choppy. I'm hoping it's just an OS issue because I would hate to have spent $2k on something defective.

    Any input would be great. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/NateDoesDJ
    [link] [comments]

    i accidentally deleted the wrong documents in the trash can, is there any way i can get it back?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    as the title says, i accidentally deleted the wrong documents... anyone help will be greatly appreciated:)

    submitted by /u/stuppeduu
    [link] [comments]

    Why is it impossible to clean a MBP screen without leaving streaks/smudges?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I've used cold water, warm water, soapy water. I've used paper towels, microfiber cloths. Whenever I think I did my best, I shine a light on it and see streaks or smudges. I have a MBP 13" 2017. I hate the screen. I miss very much the matte screen. Two MBPs ago I even paid the $100 extra for the matte screen, this was the 17" pre-retina. My first MBP came with the matte screen by default. ETC...

    submitted by /u/digispin
    [link] [comments]

    Is this the time to jump on a New MacBook Pro if I want to use boot camp?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 02:19 PM PDT

    Hello, I currently have a Surface Book 1 which Microsoft wants $550 to replace a swollen batter so I'm considering going back to a MacBook, is this the time for me to jump back into a MacBook Pro if I have any interest in running Windows 10? Will a current new MacBook still be supported for years?

    submitted by /u/Ser_Luke
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro 2018 - can i connect microphone and headphone via the same socket?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    is there a way? i have a rode wireless mic which i can connect to the headphone socket on the mac bu ti can't listen to the headphones

    is there a way with a dual connector or something which i can plug into the headphone socket and connect a microphone and a headphone? or will this not work

    whats the best way

    i want to be able to hear what i am saying via the microphone or the person i am speaking to via headphones, and obvuously i want them to hear me too

    thanks

    submitted by /u/kyrusdemnati
    [link] [comments]

    Which Macbook Pro should I buy?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Im planning to buy a MacBook Pro and I need your help to choose from 3 available models in my area :

    MacBook Pro 13" 2019 i7 16Gb 256Gb (second hand) 11 Charge Cycle MacBook Pro 13" 2019 i5 8Gb 256Gb (new) MacBook Pro 15" 2018 i7 16Gb 256Gb (new)

    What do you recommand?

    I'll use it mainly for work (microsoft office, presentations and mail), photo editing, some video editing and music producing.

    Thank you for your feedbacks.

    SamJazzz

    submitted by /u/SamJazzz
    [link] [comments]

    AppleCare+ Replacement for 13" MBP with no touchbar

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Had an accident with my 13" MBP (non touchbar model)

    Will the replacement be a newer 13" with a touchbar? Or has anyone gotten a replacement with no TB still?

    Reason I'm asking is that I really prefer the keys as opposed to the TB and may not go through the process if it's a TB model.

    The screen and body are both damaged - so screen replacement only wouldn't be an option.

    submitted by /u/lIaestheticIl
    [link] [comments]

    Base MacBook Pro or MacBook Air 16gb core i5

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    I'll be starting university in the fall and wanna know should I get the base 2020 MacBook Pro (core i5 8gb ram 256ssd) or should I get the 2020 MacBook Air with 16gb ram core i5 256ssd. I'd like to have the computer for at least 5-6 years I'll be writing all my papers on the computer watching some YouTube videos using zoom for classes I only plan on editing one video on the computer a 30 min documentary but that's like a year away. So which is better for my needs ?

    submitted by /u/Shay1302
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Overheat from bottom

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro Overheat from bottom

    Bought my first Macbook 13 inch 2020 base model core i5 8 Gen 10 days back.
    System gets hot during normal usage from the bottom. Should I have to worry about this?
    I am using Chrome, play youtube HD video.

    CPU temp using Istats tool

    Activity Monitor

    Should I have to contact to Customer care?

    submitted by /u/sachinjain007
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook screen flickering?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro 2018 model, and since the past few days the screen has started to flicker in a 'static-y' way at random times. It seems to only happen when I'm using terminal. I've tried PRAM and SMC resets, and have tried rebooting it in safe mode to no avail. I've been using terminal for ages with no issues, and this is the first time this has happened. Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do?

    submitted by /u/Boxfish2501
    [link] [comments]

    I recently switched from windows laptop to MacBook Pro and I noticed that it runs warm at the bottom, it it normal or something is not right ?

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel